4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-02, 04:36   Link #361
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Possibly. Remember, there was another ship that was chasing the Garencieres(the same one that fielded the Jegan trio). It might have been nearby to assist the Nahel Argama.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:22   Link #362
Rawinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yeah, the ReZELs were great, but I couldn't help but wonder at just how MANY there were being fielded for just one mission, as I was under the impression that they were on a limited production run at Anaheim. The Nahel Argahma was supposed to have a complement of 8 of them, for example, but I counted more, so (novel readers help me here) it's possible that Londo Bell had more than a single ship (several Clops?) seconded.
Really? I only counted 8 of them, with 5 of those destroyed by Marida.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 02:31   Link #363
SvenCalBayan

Seeing Marida animated for me was a dream come true. I love characters with pasts like hers. And if you've seen the novels or go to wikepedia, her past is harsh but real, I don't think any animated Gundam series has ever dealt with this kinda thing, that's why I love it and I'm hoping her past will be discussed or perhaps shown in this OVA.

As for the rest, the animation was beautiful, I was litterally amazed. The main character though, well, didn't like him much.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 02:40   Link #364
Sander RX

Quote:
Seeing Marida animated for me was a dream come true. I love characters with pasts like hers. And if you've seen the novels or go to wikepedia, her past is harsh but real, I don't think any animated Gundam series has ever dealt with this kinda thing, that's why I love it and I'm hoping her past will be discussed or perhaps shown in this OVA.
Oh,dear God!I just saw her profile in Wikipedia!

Spoiler for However,she may not be that unique in this regard:
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 03:11   Link #365
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Oh,dear God!I just saw her profile in Wikipedia!

Spoiler for However,she may not be that unique in this regard:
Spoiler for Response:

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2010-04-07 at 02:40.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 09:38   Link #366
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the displayed Zaku with a hole in its chest,
is that the SAME Zaku that Amuro "disabled" it without blowing it up with his beam saber in 1st ep of the original Mobile Suit Gundam?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 10:16   Link #367
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I doubt it's the same but probably a reference to, if the hole is indeed in the same place.
Old 2010-04-21, 20:53   Link #368
motaku96
もたく

Silly me thought Unicorn takes place before Char's counterattack. Now that I know otherwise, my perception of the events changes considerably. I'll have to watch it again to actually understand it properly @_@
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 02:25   Link #369
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Now I understand why Char said this in the novel : virginity has nothing to do with new type powers.

Okay, maybe not exactly what he said since I read the novel years ago but that's what he was saying
Old 2010-05-03, 09:47   Link #370
Divinegundam

Awesome i know im late but this was just amazing to watch. Soundtrack, animation, story all 10/10 for me. I really felt like i was a kid again. I think that Pilot with the Carm is the child of Amuro and Beltorchika Irma
(Remember in Zeta she flew a bi-plane). The Jegan battle was very good. I cant wait until episode 2. I hope Gundum 00 movie is this good.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 19:24   Link #371
krln99

I didn't even know they were making this because I was away on a work trip for a few months. I always longed for Gundam to return to the world of UC, not cuz I'm a UC "snob," but just because it is the original Gundam, and wow, has it returned in style!

I loved the mech designs and the story seems pretty complex already (even for well versed UC fans). It kind of has the double-dealing "who's the bad guy?" feel of Zeta. We got cut off just when it was gonna get good but at least we saw a few nice fights. And yes, bravo on the no-name cannon fodder guys putting up some fight vs the main characters.
krln99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:27   Link #372
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
I didn't even know they were making this because I was away on a work trip for a few months. I always longed for Gundam to return to the world of UC, not cuz I'm a UC "snob," but just because it is the original Gundam, and wow, has it returned in style!

I loved the mech designs and the story seems pretty complex already (even for well versed UC fans). It kind of has the double-dealing "who's the bad guy?" feel of Zeta. We got cut off just when it was gonna get good but at least we saw a few nice fights. And yes, bravo on the no-name cannon fodder guys putting up some fight vs the main characters.
+1 The high speed Jegan fight put a big smile on my face.

In response to my previous post the pilot that was in the RGZ with the charm attached to his arm could not be the child of Amuro & Beltorchika because at most he would be 10 years of age with the given timeline. However a connection to Beltorchika is very possible in my eyes.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 12:40   Link #373
JC...
I am a Pie

I want it on Blu-ray, I'm gonna watch CCA first though, I don't know if I should buy CCA
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 01:31   Link #374
krln99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I want it on Blu-ray, I'm gonna watch CCA first though, I don't know if I should buy CCA
CCA is mandatory if you're a UC fan, if only for the fact it ends the Amuro/Char feud (but there's really a lot more to it than that).
krln99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 02:40   Link #375
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Like Quess Paraya!

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-12, 22:55   Link #376
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Like Quess Paraya!

Spoiler:
Who?

In all seriousness, I'd say that a combination of Zeta and Double Zeta (if you can sit through the latter...I liked it but some friends couldn't stand it) would set you up best for Unicorn.

Zeta tells you enough about Char (for Full Frontal) and a pretty much everything important about *snip*. *snip* technically shows up in ZZ, but that *snip* is supposedly a fake sooo...well, at least there is a tiny bit more. ZZ is more for knowing about *snip2*'s background, and that's the entirety of the background minus the transition time.

...TBH, the only thing you need to know from CCA is that Char is MIA (I refuse to say dead somehow, despite Tomino) and there is this military group called Londo Bell. Everything else is just mech history.

Overall though, assuming you know what "Gundam", "Mobile Suit" and "Funnel" are, I think you shouldn't get horribly lost by Unicorn.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 17:31   Link #377
calubin_175

The HG Stark Jegan manual actually hints that its pilot could have witnessed Amuro pushed Axis away back in 0093. It goes along the lines of the pilot thinking back of the day when the dark cold space was beautifully radiated, just before he fires his bazooka.

Tvtropes was the one that made me want to clarify it.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:41   Link #378
Har0

It was so good! I just watched it last weak. The dub is great, the plot seems cool. Oh the animation is wonderful!
The mechas look great! I just can't wait for more.
Har0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 09:01   Link #379
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
I just watched it, definitely a 10/10 for me and dragging me furtner into UC abyss. *teary*
Old 2010-05-22, 03:40   Link #380
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I just love the series. Awesome Gundam. It's now my favorite aside from strike gundam, Sandrock Custom, and Exia. Unicorn is a beautiful gundam that I want in my room. I also like how the pilot is. Very promising. And more badass than some of these other pilots. He can fight! The story was opened up very nicely. I think I fell in love with the series. Because, there's a lot I like about it. Na-mu......
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote