AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-03, 05:46   Link #4741
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Uh yeah sure if you want to be nitpicking that. I still can't see how I did get it wrong considering that there's no real explanation on it since it's all just a speculation in the end.
Quote:
Probably about the fact that he's a part of Yotsuba and his actual abilities to Yotsuba's member..
actually you're not wrong, but Okashira comment is better.

yes, he has connection with Yotsuba but i don't agree if he's a Yotsuba's member.

just my opinion.

Quote:
IIRC after the confrontation between Tatsuya and his aunt.
Thanks
Old 2013-06-03, 09:20   Link #4742
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Chapter Nine of Volume Four, When Tats is speaking to Subaru (I think it was Subaru)

Quote:
"That's true. Shiba-kun, the other schools are now very wary of you."

If what Subaru said was true — and there was no reason to think otherwise — then things were rapidly progressing in the direction that Tatsuya wanted to see the least.

Generally, people are forced to act in conditions where they are not fully prepared. That's just "how life works".

Despite that, he was woefully unprepared for this situation.

According to the plan, "Shiba Tatsuya" was only supposed to be revealed post graduation.

"Then...... It's my turn to take this by storm. Honestly, with this CAD in hand, there's no reason I can be defeated in the preliminaries."
Old 2013-06-03, 09:50   Link #4743
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah, now I see where I got my last post wrong orz

Seems like I messed up at the timeline, sorry about that

Old 2013-06-03, 23:28   Link #4744
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The uncle holding back because his children are there? That doesn't hold water if these are the terrable peolpe that treat him as trash. I never remember reading she barred him from the house just not being invited to large scale family gatherings and in fact there are a few passages that he has been there recently, Maya has just avoided talking with him and he has been perfectly fine with that. He is a guardian because his magical capablity (remember his birth power is not true magic and they maybe trying to hide it) is too low to be a Yotsuba as Miyuki thought they were trying to give him a place in the family.

Oh yes Miyuki's so unbiased opinion of her father. We know she has a low opinion of her father durring the flashback (and seemingly feels he married Miya for her money and not becaus it was forced on him), and Tatsuya belives she is still harboring a grudge for remarring shortly after the death of their mother. And yet never goes into any details about this treatment as well as it clashing with Tatsuya's POV of himself just being a tool used for his powers and not wanted as a reseacher. Even though that is clearly not the case based on his step mothers thoughts. We don't have enough information as to just what is going on between them beyond their father wants him to quit shcool and work there full time and their stepmother feels him going to school is nothing more then him playing around (admitly he can out preform most trained engeneers already, so I see her point there) and the one time we do see him and his father interact he seemed to me that he was trying to be suportive and understanding but completely misread tatsuya's motivation
No, the uncle was clearly holding back. He wanted to tell Tats to scram and get away from his kids, but he couldn't outright say it because the children are RIGHT there. He was still hinting at it by telling the kids not to "distract" Tats from his duties. When the kids whined, the uncle was a bit dismayed that he couldn't separate these kids. Nevertheless, Tats got the message and stated that he would "patrol" the perimeter. The uncle, getting the message, happily went along with it.

From my memory, Tats was barred from the main house during his younger days. IIRC, it was stated in the middle of the volume when present day Tats and Miyuki arrived at the main house and reminisced how different their current situation was from 3 (or maybe more) years ago.

He was a guardian because he needed a "role". He needed a role in the family in the first place or i.e. to be of some use, because his powers weren't recognized as magic. His mother stated as much during the massacre in the past timeline that the most Tats could be is a Guardian (based on the Yotsuba interpretation of magic). There's nothing remotely prestigious about that position when you by blood are supposed to be a candidate for the next head of the House (like Miyuki or the cousins). In many ways, it's a sort of demotion.

For the father, all we have is the siblings POV that the father is A) jealous B) trying hold Tats back and C) use him for research. Even if you truly stand by the fact that this POV is tainted, there is still nothing else to suggest that the father does respect. If anything, even if the POV is biased, it's what we have to work with.

All of the above shows that the Yotsuba family doesn't outright look down upon Tats anymore in the present, but that is more out of Tats resourcefulness and power than true genuine respect. In other words, they fear him as a powerful person who knows the ins and outs of the family rather than respect and protect him as one of the family. Their true attitude seems clearer if you see the Tats in the past timeline because that was the pre-MB Tats when there was less reason to fear him (i.e. no more than a Yotusba Guardian).

I'll put it this way. If Tats was killed in a warzone in volume 13 (random future volume), I don't believe the Yotsuba will be starting a war like they did in the Past-Past Timeline with Miya and Maya. He would just fade into Yotsuba history as a "failed" magician or a dead guardian (like the elder Sakurai). If Miyuki was killed or the cousins were killed, there probably would be a war because the Yotsuba will protect their own. They are an extremely tight-nit family.... to the members they recognize.

I guess another point to consider is the tension between Maya and Tats. You're telling me that their interaction at the end of the volume is of a lovely family? Make no mistake, when Maya activated her magic, she knew what she was doing. I don't see Maya under any circumstance activate such a dangerous magic to Miyuki.
Old 2013-06-04, 00:00   Link #4745
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Tats, in by some God slaying magic occurs, happens to die then the world as we know it will freeze to death.
Old 2013-06-04, 00:09   Link #4746
whsie

True, but it won't be because the Yotsuba retaliated (well, excluding Miyuki...).
Old 2013-06-04, 00:33   Link #4747
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
All of the above shows that the Yotsuba family doesn't outright look down upon Tats anymore in the present, but that is more out of Tats resourcefulness and power than true genuine respect. In other words, they fear him as a powerful person who knows the ins and outs of the family rather than respect and protect him as one of the family. Their true attitude seems clearer if you see the Tats in the past timeline because that was the pre-MB Tats when there was less reason to fear him (i.e. no more than a Yotusba Guardian).
could you please tell me who do you mean with they ? aoki includes or not ?

so the reason to fear him is only his MB ? MD includes or not ?
Old 2013-06-04, 07:30   Link #4748
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Far as I understand it, Maya fears(?), maybe wary, of Tats is due to his ability to fully counter her magic.
Old 2013-06-04, 07:42   Link #4749
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
No, the uncle was clearly holding back. He wanted to tell Tats to scram and get away from his kids, but he couldn't outright say it because the children are RIGHT there. He was still hinting at it by telling the kids not to "distract" Tats from his duties. When the kids whined, the uncle was a bit dismayed that he couldn't separate these kids. Nevertheless, Tats got the message and stated that he would "patrol" the perimeter. The uncle, getting the message, happily went along with it.
You missed my point. If the whole family treats him as badly as you belive then the uncle has no reason to hold back. the fact that he does seems to point that there is faction within the family that has power that doesn't see him in that light as it wasn't Miyuki that he was wary of as she had not yet seen Tatsuya as any thing more the a servent.

Quote:
From my memory, Tats was barred from the main house during his younger days. IIRC, it was stated in the middle of the volume when present day Tats and Miyuki arrived at the main house and reminisced how different their current situation was from 3 (or maybe more) years ago.

He was a guardian because he needed a "role". He needed a role in the family in the first place or i.e. to be of some use, because his powers weren't recognized as magic. His mother stated as much during the massacre in the past timeline that the most Tats could be is a Guardian (based on the Yotsuba interpretation of magic). There's nothing remotely prestigious about that position when you by blood are supposed to be a candidate for the next head of the House (like Miyuki or the cousins). In many ways, it's a sort of demotion.
we still don't know have well known Tatsuya's powers are within the family. the fact Miyuki didn't know seems to point that by and large the family doesn't know about his birth powers. What does seem to be more well known is the expairment and it's resualts.

Remember the family is mandated by the goverment to be magical weapons and with out his birth power Tatsuya does not qualify.

Quote:
For the father, all we have is the siblings POV that the father is A) jealous B) trying hold Tats back and C) use him for research. Even if you truly stand by the fact that this POV is tainted, there is still nothing else to suggest that the father does respect. If anything, even if the POV is biased, it's what we have to work with.
This is something we don't know we only has their extremely biased and more importently vauge claims. If you take away the POV rant's (and miyukis is a rant) his fathers actions can be seen as him trying to give him a job doing the one thing tatsuya has shown intrest in while trying to get him out of his "forced" servatude to his sister. Remember he thinks tatsuya hates his mothr for all of what has happend to him because he has completly misread his motivation.

Quote:

I'll put it this way. If Tats was killed in a warzone in volume 13 (random future volume), I don't believe the Yotsuba will be starting a war like they did in the Past-Past Timeline with Miya and Maya. He would just fade into Yotsuba history as a "failed" magician or a dead guardian (like the elder Sakurai). If Miyuki was killed or the cousins were killed, there probably would be a war because the Yotsuba will protect their own. They are an extremely tight-nit family.... to the members they recognize.

I guess another point to consider is the tension between Maya and Tats. You're telling me that their interaction at the end of the volume is of a lovely family? Make no mistake, when Maya activated her magic, she knew what she was doing. I don't see Maya under any circumstance activate such a dangerous magic to Miyuki.
Maya knew tatsuya would have no issue with her powers and she was perpousely provoking him. We also don't have any idea as to just how much emotional ablity she still has for all we know is she is worse then Tatsuya. She also treats him as a full member of the family.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:05   Link #4750
blackwhite67
Banned

He's back.

Quote:
Volume 9 Chapter 2 - 58/67 (Today.) Dreyakis (talk) 10:58, 5 June 2013 (CDT)
Old 2013-06-06, 03:39   Link #4751
henzaeroz

Chapter 2 is out.

Thanks Dreyakis
Old 2013-06-06, 04:00   Link #4752
Mentar
Banned

YAAAAAYYYY!!

*wooots*

Thanks Dreyakis
Old 2013-06-06, 04:46   Link #4753
Myh

Cheers Dreyakis

Hm... if chapter 0/1/2 are anything to get a pattern from, i'd say there has to be one or more big ass chapters left these seem like short introductions...
Old 2013-06-06, 05:16   Link #4754
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

*cheers*

Thanks for the chapter Dreyakis !
Old 2013-06-06, 09:21   Link #4755
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Thanks Drey!
Old 2013-06-06, 11:30   Link #4756
blackwhite67
Banned

There's more.

Quote:
Volume 9 Chapter 3 - 68/102 (June 9th)
Old 2013-06-06, 11:45   Link #4757
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Glad Dreyakis is back for more action.

P/S: only this time of the year our voices are the same.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-06-06, 11:46   Link #4758
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
There's more.
hmm.. dat was just one day before my B-Day, n drey already wanna give me a B-day gift...
Old 2013-06-07, 05:59   Link #4759
NoLife222

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I am a fan to this light novel.
Old 2013-06-07, 10:21   Link #4760
malason13
Forsaken

Thanks Dreyakis!!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings