AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-05, 03:31   Link #521
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Exploring that dungeon actually makes sense. It makes so much sense that he really should have done it in the years after defeating Hadlar the first time, with a proper party and not so much of a deadline. It's not like he didn't have the time. He raised, what, 3 disciples in that time supposedly dedicated to training the new generation? And that's counting Popp.

Less sensical: letting those who loved him think he was dead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 11:17   Link #522
Blaat

Avan is impressed by Popp's total amount of MP, but I don't think he knows about Popp being a sage.

Avan wants Leona to inherit his feathers I hope Leona becomes a bit more useful then just being a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Anyway Zaboera turns into a zombie superior being, ah well I only thing I care about is Crocodine making it out alive.

Also looks like we're back to spoilerific episode previews.
Old 2022-05-07, 18:54   Link #523
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Avan had the good sense of bringing some senzu feathers. Really saved their butts here, because after exhausting themselves against Hadlar and his royal guards, they stood no chance against Vearn and his newly revealed underling who is apparently stronger than Killvearn and Mystvearn but was never hinted at until now. Every time you think they've run out of villains, more pop up.

And I really don't care about Zaboera at this point. Lon Beruk or that other hero should have just killed him while he was making his grand speech. Or at least attacked him as soon as he used his spell. I know it's common in shounen but the whole scene was still pretty stupid.
Old 2022-05-14, 12:07   Link #524
Blaat

Surprisingly fun and well animated episode although to be honest my mind did wander a bit when it focused on Nova I simply don't find him interesting. Also Crocodine looked really bad ass in the final shot.

I admit I thought the episode preview for this episode was spoilerific where Nova would sacrifice himself and die. Obviously that didn't happen, but seriously Toei went full old school let's reveal something big with this week's episode preview.
Old 2022-05-14, 16:01   Link #525
Lex79

Nova, I can't say he's my favorite character but the show handled him well. Even his father was moved by how much he has grown from the first time we saw him. Sadly (?) for him his heroic sacrifice was stolen by Lon Berg who gave us a glimpse of how powerful he could have been if able to fight at full strenght.
Old 2022-05-14, 18:24   Link #526
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I totally thought Nova would sacrifice himself too. Instead, Lon Beruk turned out to be the MVP.

I knew Zaboera had somehow escaped and I was glad he didn't manage to slip past Crocodine. He'll probably end up capturing him rather than killing him though. Speaking of Crocodine, I really hate that he's been side-lined.

Not too surprised by Hym's return in the preview because there was no way he would just get effortlessly one-shot by Hyunckel given that he's the Royal Guard who has gotten the most screentime. I do wonder how he managed to survive Hadlar's death, and why he's apparently turning into him.
Old 2022-05-14, 23:40   Link #527
Lex79

Yeah poor Crocodine deserved more attention from the author.
Old 2022-05-21, 12:43   Link #528
Blaat

Crocodine at least gets to kill the little goblin, but considering no one stays dead in this show I'm sure he'll be back. (probably not but still) At least Crocodine and the mouse got to the floating castle so we'll see more of them.

Hym fighting was cool and well animated.
Old 2022-05-21, 13:13   Link #529
Lex79

Goodbye, Zaboera. Nobody will miss you. It was nice that Crocodine managed to outsmart him and even nicer when the usual "it might have been me in his place" was refuted because even if he stayed evil, Crocodine wouldn't have been such a scum.

If people were wondering why Sigma and Albinass had a climatic battle and Hym was unceremoniously defeated with no effort from Hyunckel...well, it simply wasn't yet his turn.
Old 2022-05-21, 18:42   Link #530
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm really glad Crocodine exceeded my expectations and killed Zaboera without mercy. And even better, he's going to join the main fight! I've always liked him so it's great to see him back at the forefront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Hym fighting was cool and well animated.
I was surprised they spent so much budget on him just fighting random mooks. It looked absurdly great. Can only hope the big fight next week will be as good.

I haven't checked the dates, but Saint Seiya is older than Dai, right? Because Hyunckel is totally a bronze Saint.
Old 2022-05-21, 18:59   Link #531
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I haven't checked the dates, but Saint Seiya is older than Dai, right? Because Hyunckel is totally a bronze Saint.
yeah, saint seiya is 86-90 and Dai is 89-96 (manga)
Old 2022-05-28, 12:15   Link #532
Blaat

Hym's bullet punching reminds me of Star Platinum only thing missing are the ora ora ora ora

Hym and Hyunckel going for the one punch shining fist attack, to no one's surprise Hyunckel wins. Anyway Hym switches sides would have preferred Hadlar over Hymm or indeed the other chess pieces but fine I'll accept it.

I really like the idea of the other chess pieces making an appearance but based on the episode preview they're going to be destroyed pretty quickly. Also Orichalcum armor is really suffering from the Worf effect, used to be unbeatable but now Hyunckel, being the cool awesome dude that he is, just needs one punch to destroy it.

I'm also looking forward to the Killvearn fight but that won't happen until after the Hyunckel fight.
Old 2022-05-28, 16:47   Link #533
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Just shut up, Hyunckel. We know you aren't gonna die

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 18:21   Link #534
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hyunckel in this episode: "I knew I couldn't possibly injure your orichalcum body with my bare fist so I had to use the momentum of your own attack against you"

Also Hyunckel in the preview: *effortlessly destroys orichalcum pawns with his bare fists*
Old 2022-05-29, 00:42   Link #535
Lex79

When you remember how hard it was for Maam who is the martial artist to defeat Albinass and then see Hyunckel beating Hym 2.0 in a fistfight you can't help but feel the author is playing favorites.
Anyway, we have another proof that this series would be better for anime viewers without the previews.
Old 2022-05-29, 01:55   Link #536
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, had to skip over much of this episode. Hyunckel talking about how he can't beat Hym and all that just annoyed the hell out of me >=0v. Then, he beats him without his weapon or armor, despite being on his last leg(supposedly). This is what I don't like about him. Sure, it was obvious he would come out on top, but come on; he obvs spent well past his ability, yet keeps on being able to do more and more s***.

This arc has actually felt super slow. One of the things that kept me engaged was how fights and arcs didn't last long periods of time, and most weren't drawn out. But seeing stuff like this, or Popp spending what feels like a whole episode shooting Krackle unsuccessfully at the fire trap is really wearing down on my enjoyment of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Anyway, we have another proof that this series would be better for anime viewers without the previews.
I tend to never watch the previews, and sometimes even opening/endings as I dislike being spoiled on what's to come, especially since they can ruin the surprise(unfortunately, already read in above comment what's to come after yesterdays ep, but usually not a problem)

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 18:24   Link #537
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hyunckel is truly hilarious at times. This guy couldn't die if the universe itself imploded. He'd just get up and keep going somehow.

I still like the guy. But the story doesn't seem to know how to handle him very well. Can't make him look good without it being absolutely ridiculous. Somehow Hym is the one who is unable to get up right now and not Hyunckel. I know Hyunckel got a good hit in there...but come on. One hit from Hym in the previous episode and he was barely able to move anymore.

Hyunckel will probably be confused why Hym is still around part way through the next episode. He probably can't comprehend that people tend to stay down when defeated and having gone above their limits. Unlike him who...just keeps going even after he passed his limits forever ago.

I have to agree that the show is really dragging at this point. Why is it taking so long. Just go and fight Vearn already! Mystvearn can both get the heck out of the way and stop narrating!
Old 2022-06-04, 06:38   Link #538
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
MAN, they really pouring on the accolades for this man; bones cracked, HP at 1, but still able to defend himself, move, and attack. This whole King battle was a huge waste of time. It doesn't even make sense that King was this weak; why would Vearn depend on him at this vantage point? Then seeing Dai and company discuss with Mystvearn who/what King is; really felt like padding. I mean, he introduces himself and even if he didn't, he'd show who he was by his actions. Felt completely unnecessary, especially considering how anti-climatic he actually was because he was so weak.

Yeah, I'm a bit overly critical. But I just want them to get to the final battles.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 07:39   Link #539
Lex79

This is my least favorite battle in the whole series. I get that the author wants to make sure we know how cool Hyunckel is, but he went too far.
I have mixed feelings on Larhalt coming back, but I will elaborate in them in the future.
Old 2022-06-04, 12:16   Link #540
Blaat

The king piece has an inbuild scouter.

Look how cool and awesome Hyunckel is for beating all those Orichalcum pieces with one punch each. But oh no all his bones are broken surely he will not make it out alive?!

Like the VHS quality of videos when King is going through the memories in finding a weakness. I'm also glad when a hero gets punished for not immediately finishing off the bad guy.

*gasp*

Hyunckel made it out alive, he got saved by another character that is supposed to be dead: Larhart.

Glad this episode is over maybe the Killvearn fight will be interesting unless another character that is supposed to be dead is going to save the day. At this point I'm convinced Dai's parents and Hadlar will make a comeback as well.

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake