AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-07, 15:36   Link #101
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Shikimori is seemingly the perfect girl, but...her cooking could use some work. But her boyfriend braves the taste to be able to say he could eat his girlfriends' cooking with a smile, even at the expense of himself, but that just makes Shikimori more determined to improve her cooking skills .

The way Shikimori licked that finger...I think she wants to devour more than just Izumi's sweets, if you know what I mean .
The cracks in Shikimori's apparent flawlessness are some of the highlights of the series.

She seems to have some level of confidence issues, despite her skill in nearly everything else aside from cooking. She frets and fusses about her choice of wardrobe, she wants to come off feminine and worries about whether she does or not, and so on. Being bad at cooking is of course a cliché, but at least we've seen her trying to attend classes with Izumi's mom just an episode ago. Shikimori, despite her physical abilities, alertness, and general competence in most activities, gives off the vibe that there's something deep underneath, like she doesn't deserve her klutzy unlucky boyfriend.

And she's alluring when she isn't trying to be, that is, when she slips into "cool" mode.

Very refreshing seeing river scenery that feels like a real place instead of "Anime Generic stream in the woods with smooth river rocks and no other distinguishing geological features #136"
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 18:02   Link #102
grecefar

Shikimori should not be mad at izumi because he didn't look for her to save the little girl, he is not a disable kid that can't do anything and if he did went to her it could've been worse for the little girl, izumi did nothing wrong, too bad his bad luck just hit in the wrost moment.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 22:09   Link #103
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Shikimori should not be mad at izumi because he didn't look for her to save the little girl, he is not a disable kid that can't do anything and if he did went to her it could've been worse for the little girl, izumi did nothing wrong, too bad his bad luck just hit in the wrost moment.
His bad luck finally kicked in at the worst moment .
Old 2022-05-09, 22:56   Link #104
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Shikimori should not be mad at izumi because he didn't look for her to save the little girl, he is not a disable kid that can't do anything and if he did went to her it could've been worse for the little girl, izumi did nothing wrong, too bad his bad luck just hit in the wrost.
I think Shikimori anger is understandable as his bae might as well losing his life (knowing Izumi history).
After all it coming from a girlfriend who committed enough to the point Inuzuka is viewed as a threat to her importance.

Old 2022-05-09, 23:23   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I think Shikimori anger is understandable as his bae might as well losing his life (knowing Izumi history).
After all it coming from a girlfriend who committed enough to the point Inuzuka is viewed as a threat to her importance.

Her one-sided rivalry with Inuzuka never gets old .
Old 2022-05-10, 04:39   Link #106
AndrewR5D4

That kid must've been born on Friday the 13th, under a ladder, on top of a crack, surrounded by broken mirrors, whilst being circled by 13 black cats...
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 00:15   Link #107
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
The show is growing on me. I liked how they turned down the dial on the bad luck shenanigans. The wholesomeness is a great treat after being out in this nasty world for 8hours

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 03:10   Link #108
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
The show is growing on me. I liked how they turned down the dial on the bad luck shenanigans. The wholesomeness is a great treat after being out in this nasty world for 8hours
I felt the same way about the anime series "Ah! My Goddess".
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 14:05   Link #109
Frontier

I guess even Izumi has his limit when all that Summer fun ended up giving him a sunburn. Also, Shikimori legs !

But that's not going to stop this pair from hitting one of the major beats of any romance anime...the fireworks festival! And luckily Izumi's dad has a secret that's sure to make it the perfect night for this couple .

Shikimori using a how-to video for putting on a yukata was so...relateable. As was needing her big brother to come in and help her finish, although that clumsy comment at the end sure didn't endear him to his sister. If looks could kill .

It's pretty nice seeing the couple in yukata together, and Shikimori looked really pretty in hers! Complete with that braided twintail hairstyle .

Shikimori has a gun! Why am I not surprised she can fire a rifle with the precision of a true hunter? All for the sake of her beloved Izumi-kun .

We even get to see the rest of the gang in yukata's! And they looked pretty nice too .

Not that Shikimori needs an excuse to be competitive with Inuzuka at this point, but avenging Izumi is the perfect reason to get into it with him...even when her skills aren't up for it. Luckily Nekozaki and Hachimitsu are good enough wingwomen to take over and keep Shikimori's eyes on the prize of enjoying the fireworks with Izumi ..

Another (unfortunate) staple of fireworks festivals is the geta sandals breaking and leaving our Heroine with blistered feet, but that gives Izumi the perfect opportunity to step up and piggyback her all the way up a temple for the perfect fireworks-viewing spot! Good going Izumi! All for the sake of his girlfriends perfect smile !

Shikimori is very self-conscious about wanting to seem cute more than weird or creepy (even her boyfriend thinks she has "evil" faces), and Izumi is self-conscious about doing the right thing in progressing their relationship. But in the end, they both got to enjoy the fireworks together and Izumi got that perfect smile .

Izumi's dad coming into the clutch to save the couple! And it turns out the parents were already there and got to look on at these kids' sugary-sweet romance. you gotta love it .
Old 2022-05-14, 14:06   Link #110
EroKing
Version Nightmare

Episode 6

OP carry from Dad.

Slightly better in the past 2 episodes. Wouldn't be a high recommendation from me to anyone but somewhat enjoyable and better than an average show by now.
Old 2022-05-14, 16:26   Link #111
grecefar

obligatory fireworks chapter, but with a funny twist in the end were the parents of izumi were watching, funny stuff.

happy for izumi thought the date went well without any incident until the end and he looked cool carrying her girlfriend all the way to the secret spot.
Old 2022-05-14, 18:20   Link #112
Dextro
He Without a Title

Enjoyable episode again. Well made, solid 6/10 just like the rest of the show. I still have no idea what makes me come back each week since the show is, overall, nothing to write home about. And yet, for some reason, I just end up clicking on the new episode every time it pops up. I think it might just be how earnest it feels and how wholesome the whole thing is. Shikimori is kind of a Mary Sue at times and yet she's perfectly flawed on the ways that up her moe to the stratosphere. Why that works? No idea.

I guess I can't complain if I'm enjoying it right? It's been more consistently enjoyable that other good shows this season that are arguably better even. I guess that is worthy of praise at least.
Old 2022-05-15, 08:10   Link #113
iko_uwais

Finally caught-up to the Shikimori anime and while I like it so far and the production value is pretty good, the manga is still superior to me. I really don't like the anime adding more scenes that make Izumi more clumsy. In the manga he's a better student than Shikimori and works hard to overcome his "unluckyness". In fact, as the series progress, he has somewhat become the unofficial leader in his circle of friends. I also prefer Izumi's "stronger" look compared to the anime. They also mess up the timeline since Shikimori and Izumi were 1st years in the beginning of the manga.

The manga is easily one of my top 5 manga amongst the ones I'm currently following and even owned all the original Japanese volumes. I also found the humor and dialogue much better in the manga (the original Japanese dialogue not translations). Liked it better than My Dress Up Darling. The other romcom manga that I liked just as much currently would be Kotoshi no Mitsuishi-san wa Dokoka Okashii and Boku no Kokoro ga Yabai Yatsu (BokuYabai). Still waiting for that BokuYabai anime.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-15, 08:23   Link #114
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Finally caught-up to the Shikimori anime and while I like it so far and the production value is pretty good, the manga is still superior to me. I really don't like the anime adding more scenes that make Izumi more clumsy. In the manga he's a better student than Shikimori and works hard to overcome his "unluckyness". In fact, as the series progress, he has somewhat become the unofficial leader in his circle of friends. I also prefer Izumi's "stronger" look compared to the anime. They also mess up the timeline since Shikimori and Izumi were 1st years in the beginning of the manga.
Rather than messed up more like they intentionally skip it.
So far they've been skipping parts that telling Izumi got his own forte or Shikimori misunderstand about their progress as couple that balanced their relationship in source material. I guess it have to be done just in case this series can't get S2.
Old 2022-05-15, 09:18   Link #115
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Rather than messed up more like they intentionally skip it.
So far they've been skipping parts that telling Izumi got his own forte or Shikimori misunderstand about their progress as couple that balanced their relationship in source material. I guess it have to be done just in case this series can't get S2.
The problem is, they take some of the stories that happened when they were 1st years and changed it so that it happened during their time as 2nd years. The movie date for example. It makes the timeline a bit messy. Not to mention changing Shikimori coming to Izumi's birthday into her coming to his house after the movie date, which just dulled the impact of that chapter compared to the manga.

The approach dogakobo take with Uzai Senpai just doesn't work as well here, especially since Shikimori eventually includes arc based storyline.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-05-15 at 17:31.
Old 2022-05-28, 14:02   Link #116
Frontier

Time to get ready for the school festival! Which means Hachimitsu cranking her arm and acting like an old man while Izumi impresses the ladies with his sewing skills! And Shikimori can only direct her jealous rage to poor Inuzuka .

Anime cosplay! We've got Nekozaki in a cat shirt that shows off her legs, bee Hachimitsu which is adorable, Inuzuka in a full dog costume (poor guy), lion Izumi, and cute bunny Shikimori! I love how Izumi and Shikimori are all over each other in costume that they forget about their work at the cafe .

Izumi might be cute to take pictures with, but get some pics of his girlfriend saving him from a fall and catching his ice cream while scolding him to be careful .

Shikimori pout! You have to admire this girls' determination to get a couple number with her boyfriend to ensure no one else can have him or take a picture with him, of course later we learn the historical significance of the couple numbers for this pair .

Kamiya returns from episode 2 to join Izumi in manning the library during the festival, and it turns out it's not their first time doing library duty as they were paired together last year as well. And Kamiya goes from a stoic cool beauty to going straight for the jugular on wanting to know all about Shikimori and how their relationship came about. Does Izumi have a rival for Shikimori ?

We get a flashback to the day Izumi and Shikimori got together, which was in fact during the culture festival, and while they were obviously already head over heels for each other, it was just a matter of finding the time to make the right move...and both of them having a couple number was the perfect opportunity .

Of course Izumi's bad luck struck again and lost him his number, but Shikimori wouldn't let him give up and inspired him to keep trying, even if they never actually found it. But that determination and their own feelings for wanting to get a picture together helped give Izumi enough confidence to ask Shikimori out .

That prez was a real bro, seeing Izumi's genuine feelings and earnest desire to take a picture with Shikimori and letting them do it .

So we get a voiceless confession scene between Shikimori and Izumi...did Shikimori actually confess first before Izumi asked her out? Or maybe she said his name and that spurred him to finally say it? Either way, the two got together and Shikimori embraced him tightly and nuzzled her face into his neck. Super adorable and romantic .

Well, there's a twist! Kamiya has Izumi's couple number this go-around .
Old 2022-05-28, 19:34   Link #117
grecefar

I'm disappointed, I was always thinking that it was Izumi with courage that made the move and confessed without her knowing, in the end it was Shikimori all along who gave him the push to make the move, it wasn't himself.

If opening is anything to go by, Kamiya is a lesbian and she has feelings for Shikimori, and there are clues with how interested she is on her. Like with Nekozaki we don't get enough.
Old 2022-05-28, 19:50   Link #118
Frontier

Quote:
I'm disappointed, I was always thinking that it was Izumi with courage that made the move and confessed without her knowing, in the end it was Shikimori all along who gave him the push to make the move, it wasn't himself.

If opening is anything to go by, Kamiya is a lesbian and she has feelings for Shikimori, and there are clues with how interested she is on her. Like with Nekozaki we don't get enough.
I feel like it was kind of a mutual pushing of each others' confidence in order for them to get together .
Old 2022-05-28, 19:58   Link #119
iko_uwais

Quote:

Spoiler for Kamiya:
Old 2022-05-29, 15:03   Link #120
ryllharu

Quote:
It's very obvious to me with the Year 1 flashback content of this episode that Kamiya steadily gained feelings for Izumi, and the interrogation is to figure out how she missed her chance for them to be together.

She seems like a bit of a loner, or is so cool she gets idolized. Izumi immediately started to engage with her like he does everyone, and she really appreciated that. Come on, the clenched fist on top of her leg in the flashback? She's sweet on Izumi, not Shikimori.

Kamiya is similar to Shikimori, but fate didn't work out for her. Shikimori and Izumi went the extra effort despite losing his copy of their number a year ago. They mutually pushed for each other. If they hadn't...if either one of them hesitated at all, Kamiya might have had her chance instead this year.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote