AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-02, 21:00   Link #81
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A society that tolerates individuals with WMDs in their heads are not going to last long. Society isn't about good or evil. It's about survival.
And yet society seemed to have lasted longer and reached greater heights under the treat outsiders as saints policy as opposed to the kill them on sight one. Also in the village destruction flashback the priestesses seemed to be disappointed that the girl's power was too weak. Which is funny for a noble order keeping the world safe from WMD but would fit right in with a group running the world after several "unfortunate accidents" destroyed the old world order who might have needed another "accident".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 21:45   Link #82
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
A society that tolerates individuals with WMDs in their heads are not going to last long. Society isn't about good or evil. It's about survival.
You just described the very excellent Shin Sekai Yori.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 22:06   Link #83
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
And yet society seemed to have lasted longer and reached greater heights under the treat outsiders as saints policy as opposed to the kill them on sight one. Also in the village destruction flashback the priestesses seemed to be disappointed that the girl's power was too weak. Which is funny for a noble order keeping the world safe from WMD but would fit right in with a group running the world after several "unfortunate accidents" destroyed the old world order who might have needed another "accident".
...Okay. There's no such policy and that's not even comparable to the circumstances given here, but good for you.

The problem here is not some arbitrary difference in ethnicity. This may come as news to you, but the freedom to go about your daily life without fear of being murdered or robbed, especially by some emo potato-kun, is the most basic security a society should provide to its people. To that end, unauthorized civilians, foreigners or no, are not allowed to carry machine guns or bombs. And if they were caught, they would be captured, their weapons confiscated, and their bodies subject to the law. But none of this is possible for otherworlders whose abilities are internal and beyond anything the natives are capable of. Their abilities cannot be confiscated like an external weapon, which makes containment and imprisonment impossible. Therefore, society has no power to subject them to their laws and that makes them dangerous. It has nothing to do with their choices or character.
Old 2022-05-03, 12:13   Link #84
Magewolf

Quote:
...Okay. There's no such policy and that's not even comparable to the circumstances given here, but good for you.

The problem here is not some arbitrary difference in ethnicity. This may come as news to you, but the freedom to go about your daily life without fear of being murdered or robbed, especially by some emo potato-kun, is the most basic security a society should provide to its people. To that end, unauthorized civilians, foreigners or no, are not allowed to carry machine guns or bombs. And if they were caught, they would be captured, their weapons confiscated, and their bodies subject to the law. But none of this is possible for otherworlders whose abilities are internal and beyond anything the natives are capable of. Their abilities cannot be confiscated like an external weapon, which makes containment and imprisonment impossible. Therefore, society has no power to subject them to their laws and that makes them dangerous. It has nothing to do with their choices or character.
What? The whole show is about someone working for the church to carry out their kill on sight policy. How can there be "no such policy"?
Old 2022-05-03, 16:08   Link #85
bakato

Quote:
What? The whole show is about someone working for the church to carry out their kill on sight policy. How can there be "no such policy"?
Read your own post.

Quote:
Old 2022-05-03, 17:00   Link #86
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
To be honest I was just about to hit 'Stop' on this one when Menou took out her knife and stabbed Potato-Kun through the brain. He got what was coming to him!
Will give it a few more episodes.
That why I hope later Potato-Kun come back as the evil ultimate final boss or just before final boss enemy by nullifying his own death with his power. I like that kind of twist that the main character who was too blind by their fake believe that this is the best way to solve the problem creation the very monster they were trying to stop in the first place. A very piss off and turn evil person from the continue betrayal by the people of this isekai world with the power to now nullify people whole existence and life. Also leading to the time isekai girl being the only thing left in the world that can counter the end of all existence by a now revenge craze Potato-Kun.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 17:08   Link #87
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
That why I hope later Potato-Kun come back as the evil ultimate final boss or just before final boss enemy by nullifying his own death with his power. I like that kind of twist that the main character who was too blind by their fake believe that this is the best way to solve the problem creation the very monster they were trying to stop in the first place. A very piss off and turn evil person from the continue betrayal by the people of this isekai world with the power to now nullify people whole existence and life. Also leading to the time isekai girl being the only thing left in the world that can counter the end of all existence by a now revenge craze Potato-Kun.
Except here there is nothing fake about her beliefs. These otherworlders are a threat.
Old 2022-05-03, 17:38   Link #88
DragonXX

Quote:
Except here there is nothing fake about her beliefs. These otherworlders are a threat.
You could be a threat to me too doesn't mean I will kill you as soon as you show up in from of me even if you have superman like power as long as you are not at that moment of time using said power to harm me or innocent people around me. I am not going to view you as someone who need to die, unless you go full on evil overlord on me or the innocent people around me. This is only my own personal believe and doesn't mean everyone will be like that. I am the type that believe that attacking and killing someone because of past examples of said people is wrong. A perfect example is that I am not going to say that we should destroy Germany because they started 2 World War or kill all German because of the Nazis of the past.
Which is basely what this group of people is doing to overpower isekai's characters. They don't want to even take the chance that said overpower isekai's character could be completely harmless, not looking at the bigger picture of there actions leading to the worst case scenario they are trying to stop or even looking at the greater good said overpower isekai character could also do. Only using the few really horrible past example for why they are right and not the good example that are clearly there too.

Any Country Leader who has control of there country nukes is a major threat to a Country without nuke or even with nuke. Doesn't mean they are dumb enough to start a war with said country. The ironic fact is because there are more then one country with nuke, it mostly stop said countries from attacking each other with nukes because of the high chance of them destroying each other and even the world.

I wouldn't be surprise if the leader of this so call group of executioners are overpower isekai's characters who kill off other isekai's characters so there is no one who can overturn their own rule in the world or worse yet his or her power is the ability to take dead isekai's character power for themselves to turn themselves into a living god and destroy the whole world once they no longer need it for their plan to become a living god. All so they can go back to the world they came from to bring ruin to it because they believe it was the society, that lead to there life being so horrible. When at the end of the day it was there own doing for being a piece of human's trash

Last edited by DragonXX; 2022-05-03 at 18:15.
Old 2022-05-03, 18:03   Link #89
bakato

Quote:
You could be a threat to me too doesn't mean I will kill you as soon as you show up in from of me even if you had superman like power as long as you are not at that moment of time using said power to harm me or innocent people around me. I am not going to view you as someone who need to die, unless you go full on evil overlord on me or the innocent people around me. This is only my own personal believe and doesn't mean everyone will be like that. I am the type that believe that attacking and killing someone because of past examples of said people is wrong. A perfect example is that I am not going to say that we should destroy Germany because they started 2 World War or kill all German because of the Nazis of the past.
Which is basely what this group of people is doing to overpower isekais characters. They don't want to even take the chance that said overpower isekais character wouldn't be a threat not looking at the bigger picture of there actions leading to the worse case scenario they are trying to stop or even looking at the greater good said overpower isekai character can also do. Only using the few really horrible past example for why they are right and not the good example that are clearly there too.
But I could kill you and no one could stop me. I could rape your wife and daughter, rob you of you possessions, break every bone in your body, and no one could stop me. I would face no consequences for my actions. You know nothing about me or my ideology. I could be one of those school shooters or white supremacists or a republican. If you don't fear me now, then you are a fool. And a society that shares your beliefs...well that's just natural selection. Also, Germand didn't have superpowers.

Let's take a milder example, would you be ok with walking by a person with a nuclear bomb tied to their heart? Society doesn't tolerate terrorists. To say nothing of suicide bombers.

Power is always at the heart of diplomacy. You speak of character and intent, but what you fail to grasp is that this society has no leverage. If these otherworlders ever did choose one day to abuse their powers or lose control, society would be powerless to stop them and these powers are so great that they could scar the world and its inhabitants for thousands of years.

Quote:
Any Country Leader who has control of there country nukes is a major threat to a Country without nuke or even with nuke. Doesn't mean they are dumb enough to start a war with said country. The ironic fact is because there are more then one country with nuke, it mostly stop said countries from attacking each other with nukes because of the high chance of them destroying each other and even the world.
And where are those other countries with nukes in this world?
Old 2022-05-03, 18:26   Link #90
Magewolf

Quote:
Read your own post.
Look back at the church school flashback. The outsiders in the painting on the wall are drawn as saints or angels, halos and all. And I wonder were all this certainty that outsiders are a danger comes from because nothing in the show has given us any reason to believe anything the church says. I hope you are not basing it on LN knowledge since that would kill what slight interest I have left in the show.
Old 2022-05-03, 18:26   Link #91
DragonXX

Quote:
But I could kill you and no one could stop me. I could rape your wife and daughter, rob you of you possessions, break every bone in your body, and no one could stop me. I would face no consequences for my actions. You know nothing about me or my ideology. I could be one of those school shooters or white supremacists or a republican. If you don't fear me now, then you are a fool. And a society that shares your beliefs...well that's just natural selection. Also, Germand didn't have superpowers.

Let's take a milder example, would you be ok with walking by a person with a nuclear bomb tied to their heart? Society doesn't tolerate terrorists. To say nothing of suicide bombers.

Power is always at the heart of diplomacy. You speak of character and intent, but what you fail to grasp is that this society has no leverage. If these otherworlders ever did choose one day to abuse their powers or lose control, society would be powerless to stop them and these powers are so great that they could scar the world and its inhabitants for thousands of years.

And where are those other countries with nukes in this world?
Yes you could do that but as show in this very anime that these so call walking WMD can be kill and stop because if they were really so unbeatable( well until time girl show up and she is unbeatable at this moment in time) their wouldn't be a group that can kill them in the first place. The nuclear bomb tie to there heart is a bad example because I would be trying to protect them because if their heart stop that nuclear bomb is going off and everyone in said city would die with him.

Your also not talking about the good example of otherworlder in this world. There a reason why Japan is a common language in that world, which prove that they are not all horrible walking WMD.

You are living in a better place then I am because, were I live terrorist are 100% tolerate and are being back by the worthless Top 1%, not just in my country but by the Top 1% all around the world. This alone sour by believe of the executioners being in the right in anyway because there leader are part of people who can be call the Top 1% in there world. Which change thing from they are doing the right thing too the Top 1% just trying to stop anyone from getting power in there world and rising up, no matter if said people would actively be good and made the world a better place. Maybe the bigger worry for them is a good person rising up to there level in power to change the world for the better, over a evil dirtbag who would just continue making there world the same corrupt place.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2022-05-03 at 19:00.
Old 2022-05-03, 19:51   Link #92
bakato

Quote:
Look back at the church school flashback. The outsiders in the painting on the wall are drawn as saints or angels, halos and all. And I wonder were all this certainty that outsiders are a danger comes from because nothing in the show has given us any reason to believe anything the church says. I hope you are not basing it on LN knowledge since that would kill what slight interest I have left in the show.
So after having your frivolous arguments pointed out to you, you abandon them and hide behind a painting, again ignoring what's in front of you. For starters, the otherworlders are also depicted as hideous, inhuman monsters in the other tapestry.

As for the certainty, we've seen a potato-kun who could erase all matter and was perfectly willing to kill everyone who rubbed him the wrong way, a girl that can manipulate time, and another girl who could turn things into salt and killed an entire village. All of whom were otherworlders. But yeah the church is probably lying about all that cause they're evil.

Quote:
Yes you could do that but as show in this very anime that these so call walking WMD can be kill and stop because if they were really so unbeatable( well until time girl show up and she is unbeatable at this moment in time) their wouldn't be a group that can kill them in the first place. The nuclear bomb tie to there heart is a bad example because I would be trying to protect them because if their heart stop that nuclear bomb is going off and everyone in said city would die with him.

Your also not talking about the good example of otherworlder in this world. There a reason why Japan is a common language in that world, which prove that they are not all horrible walking WMD.

You are living in a better place then I am because, were I live terrorist are 100% tolerate and are being back by the worthless Top 1%, not just in my country but by the Top 1% all around the world. This alone sour by believe of the executioners being in the right in anyway because there leader are part of people who can be call the Top 1% in there world. Which change thing from they are doing the right thing too the Top 1% just trying to stop anyone from getting power in there world and rising up, no matter if said people would actively be good and made the world a better place. Maybe the bigger worry for them is a good person rising up to there level in power to change the world for the better, over a evil dirtbag who would just continue making there world the same corrupt place.
The only way to "stop" them is to assassinate them. Because if they ever grasped their powers and reached a level of mastery to defend themselves, then the human cost would be much steeper if it was even possible at all. The nuclear bomb is a perfectly good example because there are plenty of people in our world who would do that. Ever heard of suicide bombers?

And yet, it only took a few or a dozen or god knows how many to devastate entire continents. But it's very noble of you to take that chance with millions of lives. Again, I don't know what part of this you find difficult to grasp, but their character is not the issue. That girl who killed Menou's village didn't mean to and yet she ended up killing everyone else.

Okay. I think this is the real reason that's driving you to argue and I think you're projecting your issues an a very different scenario.
Old 2022-05-04, 05:02   Link #93
Liddo-kun
is this so?

interesting back and forth debate. And much more civil than what I see on mal.
anyway, not taking anyone's side on the debate here. Just passing by to drop an opinion.

assuming the church is not lying about the more a Pure Concept power is used then it will eventually erase the mind of the isekai'd person, then the Pure Concept power would take over the mind and go berserk... -- if that is true, then each one of these isekai'd people is a bomb - you either convince them not to use their powers at all, or kill them.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 06:48   Link #94
Spica

Don't mind me, I just want to give out some facts about the state of the world. No spoilers btw. Just that anime didn't mention them enough or skipped out on details leading some people to not truly comprehend the damage despite getting shown "holy shit a whole continent was turned into salt". Really there should be no arguments after that yet people still couldn't comprehend somehow.

One continent had been turned into salt, effectively killing everything on it and probably screwing up marine life forever.
Another continent was set afloat with holes in it. Once again killing many many and screwing up so many things.
A big alliance of islands, an archipelago was devoured land and all, and endless amount of monsters were set loose upon the world changing how humans have to live.
The east side of the world was taken over by Mechine Society and now the rest of the world have to continuously fight it to avoid a fate worse than dead.

Basically, you are not looking at a peaceful world, but a post post post post apocalypse world where echoes and scars of world ending events can still be seen and felt or just straight up still happening.
And there is like one continent + few countries are left in the world.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 07:22   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
Don't mind me, I just want to give out some facts about the state of the world. No spoilers btw. Just that anime didn't mention them enough or skipped out on details leading some people to not truly comprehend the damage despite getting shown "holy shit a whole continent was turned into salt". Really there should be no arguments after that yet people still couldn't comprehend somehow.

One continent had been turned into salt, effectively killing everything on it and probably screwing up marine life forever.
Another continent was set afloat with holes in it. Once again killing many many and screwing up so many things.
A big alliance of islands, an archipelago was devoured land and all, and endless amount of monsters were set loose upon the world changing how humans have to live.
The east side of the world was taken over by Mechine Society and now the rest of the world have to continuously fight it to avoid a fate worse than dead.

Basically, you are not looking at a peaceful world, but a post post post post apocalypse world where echoes and scars of world ending events can still be seen and felt or just straight up still happening.
And there is like one continent + few countries are left in the world.
And people still mess around summoning otherworlders? I am kinda fine with killing them considering the danger they represent. I'm less fine with not being just as ruthless with summoners.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 07:45   Link #96
Spica

All involved in summoning also get death penalty if found guilty. So the summoning is kind of a lost art already as shown in the episode. Also I think it's only type of Isekai method they can monitor.

Anyway I would consider that ruthless enough.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 22:25   Link #97
bakato

Quote:
All involved in summoning also get death penalty if found guilty. So the summoning is kind of a lost art already as shown in the episode. Also I think it's only type of Isekai method they can monitor.

The kingdom that summoned Akari needed the Church's expertise to even perform it. I reckon that knowledge of summoning magic is taboo and restricted by the Church.

Last edited by bakato; 2022-05-04 at 22:40.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 00:33   Link #98
magnuskn

One would think that, if the knowledge to summon isekai's is so proscribed and difficult to obtain, that Menou would be mostly jobless.
Old 2022-05-05, 10:12   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Not me. If you're going to make the argument that ruthlessness and summary execution of kidnap victims is justified to protect what's left of the world, then they should also have summarily executed the king, his subordinates, anyone who's even suspected of knowing about, let alone participating in the summoning. Any time a king starts talking about summoning an otherworlder, the rational response should be regicide.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 10:23   Link #100
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
One would think that, if the knowledge to summon isekai's is so proscribed and difficult to obtain, that Menou would be mostly jobless.
Otherworlders can also just appear at random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not me. If you're going to make the argument that ruthlessness and summary execution of kidnap victims is justified to protect what's left of the world, then they should also have summarily executed the king, his subordinates, anyone who's even suspected of knowing about, let alone participating in the summoning. Any time a king starts talking about summoning an otherworlder, the rational response should be regicide.
You're not wrong, but when you start just summarily executing kings, that incentivizes the other kings to do things like start rebellions.

The king and presumably his staff, were not let off the hook. The king is on trial for heresy with whatever punishment that entails.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote