AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-28, 11:24   Link #301
Random14

At least Twilight's background check caught that Yuri was probably part of the secret police. Its risky but having an acquaintance there could be useful, particularly with Yor as a buffer. Too bad Anya fell asleep already, though all the different cover stories clashing probably would have overwhelmed her. And maybe now Twilight's found the key to teaching her so those Tonitrus bolts will be less likely.

Kind of scary to think Yor's been an assassin since she was that young. The series went overboard with Yuri and his sister complex, but it is pretty funny seeing both Yor and Yuri hiding what their actual jobs are for their sibling's sake. I love the plate dropping gag, poor Twilight still has no idea what kind of family he's "married" into. That and Yuri is just that obsessed with his sister (though his overall thought process might still be a bit less crazy than Yor's).

Those couple items were silly, but then even if Twilight had managed something more natural not like that would have lessened Yuri's disdain. Good thing drunk Yuri's not as violent as drunk Yor was, at least not yet.

Well, after all his missions Twilight can fake a kiss, but Yor might melt down first.

Last edited by Random14; 2022-05-28 at 11:47.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 12:35   Link #302
grecefar

Besides the smug anya chapter this has been the funniest.

Man I really wanted anya to meet yuri.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 12:59   Link #303
ryllharu

Yor covered in someone else's blood in every flashback scene...
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 14:49   Link #304
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This whole encounter would have gone so much better had Anya been there to use her powers.

I'm a bit surprised that they haven't practiced kissing in a year. It was bound to come up eventually; rather unlikely it wasn't on Twilight's check list.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 15:08   Link #305
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Dang, I never would've guessed that Yuri's job is practically Ostanian Gestapo. If Loid played his card right, he might be able to get precious insider info when necessary but it's pretty much a double-edged sword. It's "high risk, high reward".
Old 2022-05-28, 15:57   Link #306
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This whole encounter would have gone so much better had Anya been there to use her powers.

I'm a bit surprised that they haven't practiced kissing in a year. It was bound to come up eventually; rather unlikely it wasn't on Twilight's check list.
It hasn't been a year. A few months at most, depending on how long there is between the entrance exam and new school term. (Loid backdated their marriage to make it look less like a marriage of convenience.)

I guess he didn't want to look sleazy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 17:43   Link #307
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems like Anya has more to worry about at school than just Damian...math, the bane of any kids' existence .
If the math problem and Anya's answer is any indication, Anya does know the basics of addition and subtraction down, but hasn't gotten the idea of how that works when it comes to fractions (as it does require multiplication, which she probably doesn't know yet).
Old 2022-05-28, 18:14   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Somehow this episode felt really short. Maybe because they covered less of those chapters than I thought they would. Ending the episode on a cliffhanger being about whether two adults in their late twenties will be able to kiss even though they're not going out is very anime.
Old 2022-05-28, 19:33   Link #309
Decel

I like the part of Loid discovering Yuri's true identity. It goes back to be Ep1 Loid that's been missing since.

Now if Loid can control the Spy show's programming, he can turn Anya into a genius
Old 2022-05-28, 19:41   Link #310
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Anya using anime to learn (anime can be educational XD), Yuri also has a secret job (I wonder what will happen when everyone's real jobs are discovered) and Loid and Yor were about to kiss, to wait the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 02:39   Link #311
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dang, I never would've guessed that Yuri's job is practically Ostanian Gestapo. If Loid played his card right, he might be able to get precious insider info when necessary but it's pretty much a double-edged sword. It's "high risk, high reward".
Not Gestapo, it is a straight up parody on Stazi (Eastern Germany secret police during its time under USSR).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 07:50   Link #312
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Somehow this episode felt really short. Maybe because they covered less of those chapters than I thought they would. Ending the episode on a cliffhanger being about whether two adults in their late twenties will be able to kiss even though they're not going out is very anime.
The cliffhanger is whether Loid'll be able to survive the experience.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 13:55   Link #313
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

It has only been a short time. Probably less than a couple months with how fast things have had to move. He's probably far more concerned about Anya's academics than anything else. Anya is the core of his mission. Faking a proper family is a necessary element to avoid trouble, but everything rests on her.

No doubt that he recognizes the need to make his marriage to Yor look good. He did prepare a lot of stuff. But with the short time he had (plus doing side missions) kissing practice just likely ended up far lower on the list. Could also simply be a subconscious thing. There is a legitimate interest in Yor and connection. Might not want to taint that by treating it like his missions involving other women. When push came to shove he was ready to go there, but he really had to reason it out to himself.
Old 2022-05-29, 18:01   Link #314
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The cliffhanger is whether Loid'll be able to survive the experience.
It's just a kiss, should be fine. Sex on the other hand will definitely lead to broken bones and possibly death.
Old 2022-05-30, 14:06   Link #315
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's just a kiss, should be fine. Sex on the other hand will definitely lead to broken bones and possibly death.
I was just thinking that Loid might think he's experienced but I'm not sure if he's prepared for physical intimacy with Yor...who would also probably be having her first time, so .
Old 2022-06-02, 09:05   Link #316
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Let me unsee it.

Spoiler for Chinese censorship.:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 10:17   Link #317
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That would give a completely different idea on what's Yor's secret job to make money for her brother.

But apparently it's just some edit that someone on the internet made for fun.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 10:59   Link #318
Frontier

The return of drunk Yor! Because no way can she kiss Loid sober .

I figured Yuri would be too much of a hardcore siscon to allow his sister to kiss another man in front of him...and Yor is too much of a pure (assassin) maiden to kiss a man and then she puts the full force of her slap against Yuri and knocks him across the room .

Well, there's a lot you can say about the Briar siblings...Yuri is too used to feeling pain from his sister, they can't hold their liquor, they're both kind of dumb in their own way...but deep down they are siblings that love each other and take care of one another, and even Loid is touched by that .

I love how Anya doesn't know what the secret police are but just putting those two words together means instant waku waku and she's disappointed she didn't get to meet Uncle Yuri .

That locker of Yor pictures...yeah, Yuri's pretty hardcore siscon .

Loid is finally suspicious of Yor, who is self-conscious about failing the role of being Loid's wife, and all the while Anya is worried about the fate of her new family .

Loid bugs Yor but the real test is when he and Franky masquerade as secret police to question Yor about her knowledge of her brothers' real job...and it ends up leading to Yor reinforcing her loyalty to her country, brother, and family. Sucks for Franky, but a good moment for Yor .

Franky really committed to this secret police character. Too bad he didn't get to keep the face so he could pick up chicks with it .

Loid knows he shouldn't get attached or genuinely care about his fake family, but you can tell that he and Yor are growing on each other the more they get to know and interact with one another, and even Anya picks up on the better vibe between the two of them. This family is really coming together .
Old 2022-06-04, 11:33   Link #319
Random14

That was another really cute and funny episode (neither Briar sibling should ever touch alcohol again), though Loid is still ignoring Yor's crazy strength, but at least here Franky calls him out on how his feelings are clouding his judgement. His normal comic relief role aside, Franky's got a point about how paranoid a spy like Twilight should be (though the secret police are a much more likely obvious threat than an assassin organization).

I like seeing Loid be kind of honest about admiring how close the siblings are, Loid's clearly never had that kind of life, or at least not for a long time. I wonder what kind of dreams Anya has, between her TV show and what she picks up from her parents. Twilight's certainly has had his share of eventful missions.

Talk about awkward family meals. Anya's waku waku is always adorable (even moreso when she's only half awake), and she doesn't get what the secret police are, but she does know not to reveal everything she picks up with her telepathy (like with that lingering reflection shot). Yet she still has to somehow show her concern over her parents "fighting" without giving too much away.

Its nice seeing them "make up" by the end, though that's partially due to misunderstandings on both sides (and a most of this is just flying over Anya's head). Well, I'm just glad to see things still stable for now.

Last edited by Random14; 2022-06-04 at 11:49.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 13:08   Link #320
James Rye

Well, that's one way to convince Yuri that Yor and Loid are a real couple. Slap him into next tuesday. XD

Next episode we get the glorious dodge ball episode, things will be epic! <3

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency