AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 19:38   Link #81
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
You just have to wait for the official info. It will come soon enough.
As in tomorrow. So I think it'd be better to lay off the fanboyist anxiety for the moment

Quote:
My hope is that the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya will start after Clannad is over, and I can't see any reason why they couldn't do it that way.
My thoughts exactly. As much as I liked Haruhi, CLANNAD has been what everyone thought as the next big Kyoani project. However, I fear they have been pushed to do an early release by the success of miss Suzumiya

Quote:
What do you guys think the story order will be? Chronological or still out of order? I can see merits and faults with both sides.
Personally, I feel the disorderly organization of the episodes was one of the show's main wins in the first season. If they don't pull it in the second season, I'm going to be very, very disappointed. And, if it happens to be a 26-episode season, then it's really probable that they won't pull off the same again, since it's much more difficult to deliver when having that many episodes.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:04   Link #82
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

My thoughts exactly. As much as I liked Haruhi, CLANNAD has been what everyone thought as the next big Kyoani project. However, I fear they have been pushed to do an early release by the success of miss Suzumiya
I just a sudden VISION of our Goddess standing over the KyonAni staff cracking her whip.

Kyon would be shaking his head
Koizumi have his eye close and smiling
Mikuru would be cowering
Yuki is reading as usually

And the Clannad characters would bound and gag.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-07-05 at 20:15.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:10   Link #83
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
And, if it happens to be a 26-episode season, then it's really probable that they won't pull off the same again, since it's much more difficult to deliver when having that many episodes.
Not really. Touka Gettan has 26 and all of them have been confirmed to air out of order. So it's possible to do that in large series.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:14   Link #84
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
Not really. Touka Gettan has 26 and all of them have been confirmed to air out of order. So it's possible to do that in large series.
It is not out of order, just in reverse.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:16   Link #85
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
As in tomorrow. So I think it'd be better to lay off the fanboyist anxiety for the moment

Same here since there's no big announcement yet aside from the images....

and oh this thread is like becoming a Clannad vs. Haruhi II

The only thing I can say about the announcement YAY!!!

Last edited by capture; 2007-07-05 at 21:21. Reason: Corrected some mistake...
Old 2007-07-05, 20:16   Link #86
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Touka Gettan is perfectly in order. It's merely going backward chronologically in its storytelling rather than the conventional, going-forward.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:20   Link #87
Flarey

But that's still a differnet order then it should be.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:27   Link #88
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
But that's still a differnet order then it should be.
The point is that Touka Gettan isn't a suitable show that can be compared to how the episodes of Haruhi's were ordered.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:31   Link #89
Flarey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The point is that Touka Gettan isn't a suitable show that can be compared to how the episodes of Haruhi's were ordered.
Whatever.

Then just think of the show in half. Like each season so to speak could be put out of order then they put the 2 parts together and you get 26. It'd still be possible, cause that's what they'd be doing if this season was like 14 again and out of order. So you have 28 eps out of order if you combinded it to the first season.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:34   Link #90
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

In order or out of order will be fine for me. I would prefer out of order a little more just because thats how they did the first season.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:22   Link #91
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Several months ago, I posted a potential episode order for the second season set in anachronological order, including Snow Mountain Syndrome, and ending with Disappearance episode 6, that didn't really cause much spoilerage. I do think it's possible to do it in anachronological order, it's just going to be really tricky if they're doing both Snow Mountain and Disappearance. I'm fine either way, but I can't really say I wouldn't prefer it to be out of order. However, I know there are lots of people who disliked the episode skippage, yet plenty more people who love Kyon's order.

At the very least, if they do do it in chronological order, there won't be any drama over the DVD episode order. ^_^
Old 2007-07-05, 22:25   Link #92
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It wouldn't be that hard to mix up the order of episodes even at that length. Keep the major arcs in order (and not mixed with each other) and throw in the side-stories in between. Same as last time.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:34   Link #93
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
It wouldn't be that hard to mix up the order of episodes even at that length. Keep the major arcs in order (and not mixed with each other) and throw in the side-stories in between. Same as last time.
The problem is you can't really end with Disappearance (the main plotline) because Snow Mountain Syndrome builds off of the conclusion of Disappearance, and will spoil the entire story. If they're going to do it that way, they'd have to end with Snow Mountain, which kind of dilutes the impact of Disappearance, as it's no longer the "ending". And personally, while I loved Snow Mountain, I think the end of Disappearance makes for a much better climax than Snow Mountain.

The best way I can think of is to cut off episode 5 or so of Disappearance at the part where Kyon discovers the identity of the true culprit (middle of chapter 6 of Disappearance). Then air the second episode of Snow Mountain next (the first having already aired; it will be a 2-parter, since it's one of the longest "short" stories), saving the spoilerific dialogues for the second half of the 2-parter. This way, Snow Mountain won't completely spoil everything that's going on in Disappearance. Finally, use the last episode to show the final confrontation in Disappearance (second half of chapter 6), along with the epilogue, and maybe volume 7's prologue (since it ties into the story to conclude the final missing thread).

The main problem with this idea, though, is that I can just imagine the fan outcry over Disappearance 5, as that's going to be one insane cliffhanger. I'm afraid people will be upset over Snow Mountain 2 for interrupting one of the most climactic scenes of the 4th novel, lol. Shame, I really liked Snow Mountain, but it admittedly wasn't nearly as climactic.

I apologize if people think I'm spoiling too much. Let me know if it is so.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:47   Link #94
X207
Gamyūsa

im looking forward to the long awaited return of a certain blue haired humanoid interface. i really liked vol 4 of the series.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:55   Link #95
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

So, everybody is going nuts with this. Well, its just as expected.
Anyways I dont think its going to be aired soon... we got Clannad first...*checks anidb*
... Yare yare...
Old 2007-07-05, 23:03   Link #96
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

I think you people are making a storm out of a glass of water (not sure if the setence makes sence in english). Toei and Gonzo do three or four series at the same time and nothing terrbile happens. There isnt a single guy doing all the work, you know? Im sure they have enough personnal to do both series at the same time.
And if they air simultaneously that wont be a problem either.
But I still insist that regardless of tastes, Suzuharu is much more popular and succesfull. You can tell because here in Argentina almost nobody knows Clannad but they all know Suzuharu.

Quote:
Haru-tard refers to those who are unable to think critically about the show. I *love* SHnY but that doesn't mean I don't realize it has a few faults or issues.
Yeah, of course it has flaws like anyother series but overall its one of the best series ever made, at the same level with Evangelion, Cowbe and Esclafowne.

Actually you know what a great way of star the series will be?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-05, 23:42   Link #97
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, damned. I'm going to be honest here, I'm going into this with very mixed feelings. I mean, I'm happy that they're going to make an official announcement on SHnY Season 2, as it's clearly one of my favourite of all time....but with the rumours going around that it could come at the expense of CLANNAD (TV), another KyoAni project I've been looking forward to since.....I dunno.

I think I'm beginning to understand the dilemma of Itou Makoto of School Days; caught between the cute, mysteriously alluring Kotonoha (CLANNAD), and the fiesty and fun Sekai (SHnY), how to choose?
Old 2007-07-06, 00:00   Link #98
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

You're getting both eventually anyway, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. I wouldn't necessarily count it against them. I'll just go with whatever is decided, knowing with confirmation that both will be before my eyes with time.

Although if CLANNAD does air first, that means we could go straight through Fall, Winter, and Spring with a Kyoto Animation show airing. If Haruhi went first, and has only 13-ish episodes as expected, we'll probably be left with a long break in between, unless CLANNAD starts in the winter season for some reason.
Old 2007-07-06, 00:30   Link #99
max2k

Great News for me.

Like i understand nothing is known about the real airing Date know. Even the airing Date of Clannad at Oktober07, was speculation because of Lucky Star would be ending at that time.

Is not worrying me if Clannad would air later because of ShnY2nd anyway: Yes i like to see some romantic/drama gamenovels adaption like Kanon2006, and i am sure i would enjoy Clannad, but they are not my Favorites like KyoAnis FMP and ShnY.
Old 2007-07-06, 01:04   Link #100
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Very cool, can't wait to get some more info about it. There should be enough to get a decent season out of whats left in the novels at the moment, just. Anyway, I'm sure they could sneak some anime only stuff in there. From the pictures it looks as though they are definitely going to do Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, which would lead to Disappearance, I guess. Should be cool either way, plenty of Yuki fun, she gets to shine a lot more in this later stuff, shes a really potentially interesting character.

She (Haruhi) has a really weird lookin' getup in one of those pictures, some sorta futuristic sword deal-o heh, looks funky.

What is this Clannad, people are mentioning... *scuttles off to find information* Hope there is some info about FMP to, that would rock muchly. especially if any new anime season is like the novels. The end of this year for anime, between FMP (if they do it), MoSH and one or two others will totally rock.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen