AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-25, 15:15   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't get it... Saying "this is the about the halfway point I guess" equals a time limit exactly how?
I see. You're one of those people. Have a nice day.

-----

Right now, I'm wondering if Jimbei is on his way back to Fishman Island or if he's on his way to reconvene with the strawhats. If it's the latter, he may be able to shed some more light on Doflamingo seeing as how the shichibukai know about each other to a certain extent.
Old 2012-09-25, 19:25   Link #82
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I see. You're one of those people. Have a nice day.
Your being harsh for no reason kuma , Oda was ask in a interview how far he was in the story and he said that he at the half way point in no way does that imply time limit .

Here is a line from one of the interviews during strong world .

Questions ... I don’t want to push too hard so I won’t ask anything beyond this but do you think it would be safe to consider the ending a long way off?

Answer ... Since it’s already decided, there’s a part of me somewhere that wants to hurry up and draw the last image but in reality, I don’t think that will be for a long time. Because, I want to think about how I handle each of my characters appropriately, I don’t want to just throw away a pawn just to set up a checkmate, if I just think about writing in the moment, it’s bound to get long no matter what. Recently the crew has grown in number again and even when just one happening occurs, I wind up wanting to draw all of their reactions so that takes even more time. But wanting to portray each individual character’s story like that that is something readers sympathize with me for, I just don’t want to overdo it. As that’s the case no matter what I do it just ends up getting longer.

Kubo said this is the last arc for Bleach but that don't mean he has to finish at a set time per say it could last for next 3 to 4 years depending on what he wants to do .
No OP this week which sucks but at lets the other 2 okay at the moment IMO

Last edited by andy; 2012-09-25 at 19:35.
Old 2012-09-25, 21:45   Link #83
Undertaker

Quote:
Time constraints and the sheer amount of material left to be covered. But then again, Oda isn't exactly the greatest at pacing and approximating how long something will take. So that being said, this "half" may end up taking twice as long as the first "half". Of course, I could be mistaken when Oda said we're at the halfway point. He could have meant that from a geographical standpoint in the One Piece world, and not from a time standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Undertaker said he wants to know if Oda going to done in 8 years but i don't remember Oda ever giving a time frame for when OP has to done .
So he is not under any time constraints to begin with .

Whoa, wait a sec, that was just a little jab on Oda's interview a couple years back around the time StrongWorld, nothing more.

Don't forgot , Oda originally planned OP to be a 5 year thing and it's now 15 years. I', just poking fun that back then he expected to get done in ten years but at current path, I seriously doubt it and I'm fine with that.

As long as I get to live to see the end and he gets to finish it before he passes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Maybe he should not bother with movies and concentrate more on the manga.
I never get this, why can't they get involved to other media, for a lot of them it was a nice change of pace to keep thing fresh.

The demand of being a weekly-serialized mangaka is crazy, which is parat of recent most of the ones with highly successful series are one-and-done, relocating to bi-weekly/month magazine or moving to behind the scene works.

Besides, despite chronological issue, manga and anime are able to fill in some holes and details not present in manga due it's minor irrelevancy.

I loved SW, and can't wait for Z.

and 8 out of 48 issue is not bad even if he was just taking them for vacation's sake.

2 month of vacation time isn't that out of norm when you worked for 15 years in the same company and a key employee.

And Kubo and Kishi are both the more of exception than norm. Most manga who reaches their status will start to slow done and take time off here and there, but them don't really. Oda is the same, once you take out break that was mostly likely movie and stage related.

I rather that than he ends up hospitalized and gone for months instead, which was the rumor back at the end of Summit War. Thing like Sabo saga was supposed to be shorter for health reasons, the break was originally going to be 3 month, etc.
Old 2012-09-26, 01:43   Link #84
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, you all know that we don't have a chapter this week, but good news.
Issue 45 is coming out on a Saturday in Japan, so spoilers/scans will be here most likely a day early next week, Monday night - Tuesday morning.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:45   Link #85
marvelB

^Yep, this IS good to hear (and hopefully, my computer will finally be fixed by then so I can make the new thread myself)!

Anyways, I don't think I've commented on the ministory yet, have I? I find it quite interesting that Caribou is now under the custody of the commodore we were introduced to quite recently..... the same commodore who works for Vergo. Looks like that theory of our swampy friend revealing the secret of the mermaid princess' secret may come true sooner than expected....
Old 2012-09-26, 10:20   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, I don't think I've commented on the ministory yet, have I? I find it quite interesting that Caribou is now under the custody of the commodore we were introduced to quite recently..... the same commodore who works for Vergo. Looks like that theory of our swampy friend revealing the secret of the mermaid princess' secret may come true sooner than expected....
I joked earlier that this was Oda's way of getting Caribou back together with the Strawhats so that we can all continue the future-crewmembers discussion .
Old 2012-09-26, 15:21   Link #87
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I joked earlier that this was Oda's way of getting Caribou back together with the Strawhats so that we can all continue the future-crewmembers discussion .

Yeah, watch Caribou get his revenge on Jinbei later on so his position as the next nakama will be set in stone!
Old 2012-09-26, 16:01   Link #88
marvelB

Whoa, what happened to the last few posts? I mean, admittedly I didn't agree with the whole "Oda time limit" argument myself, but still.....

Anyway, BDK mentioned in his previous post (at least the last one that got deleted) that he suspects that Dofla may not be that powerful in a fight. Personally, I disagree, but only to a certain extent. I agree that he might be slightly below the emperors strength-wise, but I have the feeling that he'll nonetheless still be really tough to take down due to his cleverness. I mean heck, this very chapter we saw him brushing off an assault from one of his own people. And frankly, if some psycho maid who was armed to the teeth couldn't touch him, I don't see Luffy having much of an easier time against that dude.....

That's why I also believe that the alliance with Law will play a key role here. Since Law was formerly one of Dofla's men himself, he should know (or at least have some slight idea) of the senior warlord's weaknesses. Plus, the ope ope powers seem to make for an effective counter against Dofla's (presumed) string-based ability.....
Old 2012-09-26, 16:07   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Anyway, BDK mentioned in his previous post (at least the last one that got deleted) that he suspects that Dofla may not be that powerful in a fight. Personally, I disagree, but only to a certain extent. I agree that he might be slightly below the emperors strength-wise, but I have the feeling that he'll nonetheless still be really tough to take down due to his cleverness. I mean heck, this very chapter we saw him brushing off an assault from one of his own people. And frankly, if some psycho maid who was armed to the teeth couldn't touch him, I don't see Luffy having much of an easier time against that dude.....
I didn't say that Doffy may not be that powerful in a fight, but that he'll be weaker than what many people are expecting. The fact that he's sending two of his subordinates to deal with this situation leads me to believe that he's not far beyond Luffy's current level. Sanji also fought on par with Vergo, who's essentially Doffy's right-hand man. Like I've been saying all along, Doffy will be the first real test for the strawhats, and the first major boss to be taken down in the New World.
Old 2012-09-26, 16:22   Link #90
marvelB

^Honestly, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Sanji is Vergo's equal yet, considering the leg injury he got fighting him (though I suppose one could also say that he was caught off-guard)....

Anyway, I see your point now. And I also agree that Dofla could be the first real challenging NW boss we'll have. And hopefully, we'll learn the true extent of his crew's power soon enough once his reinforcements arrive in PH (and Vergo decides to get really serious)....
Old 2012-09-26, 16:25   Link #91
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
This chapter just cemented even further that Doflamingo will be the next major baddie to be dealt with. And to the people that are saying it's too soon for that to happen, just think about how much material and characters still need to be explored in-depth before the story is over. We're already past the halfway point; Oda seriously has to get things moving, and now is the perfect time for Doflamingo to be fully showcased to us. He's been long overdue in that regard anyways.
To all of the people saying Doflamingo will be the next villain, somehow I find that hard to believe. Doflamingo has been set up as an uber-badass evil overlord pulling the strings since very early on in the series, so I have a feeling that Oda is gonna keep this guy around until the end. If they make him face the strawhats now, won't that mean the strawhats will have to put him out of commission?

Also, reason number two is that, I dunno if they can take on Doflamingo yet. His power is one of the strongest and most sinister shown in the One Piece series. He easily dispatched Oars Jr. and used Diamond Jaws against his crewmates. Also, he's been shown to have control over the pacifistas (maybe this is what they mean by Luffy beig a better vessel than Law, perhaps they wat to make them the next prototypes for the Pacifista), as well as having the support of the WG/Celestial Dragons and a badass chemical weapon.

I think they will fight some of his crew but part of me feels like Dofla is too strong for Luffy and will get taken out by Blackbeard, or another Yonko. Also, Big Mom is another possibility for an upcoming antagonist. The strawhats are already on her bad side and it's only a matter of time before they fight.
Old 2012-09-26, 16:28   Link #92
noktown

Quote:
I didn't say that Doffy may not be that powerful in a fight, but that he'll be weaker than what many people are expecting. The fact that he's sending two of his subordinates to deal with this situation leads me to believe that he's not far beyond Luffy's current level. Sanji also fought on par with Vergo, who's essentially Doffy's right-hand man. Like I've been saying all along, Doffy will be the first real test for the strawhats, and the first major boss to be taken down in the New World.
Let's not forget How easily he took care of Moria...

Although you can say that he was also caught off guard,so we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
To all of the people saying Doflamingo will be the next villain, somehow I find that hard to believe. Doflamingo has been set up as an uber-badass evil overlord pulling the strings since very early on in the series, so I have a feeling that Oda is gonna keep this guy around until the end. If they make him face the strawhats now, won't that mean the strawhats will have to put him out of commission?

Also, reason number two is that, I dunno if they can take on Doflamingo yet. His power is one of the strongest and most sinister shown in the One Piece series. He easily dispatched Oars Jr. and used Diamond Jaws against his crewmates. Also, he's been shown to have control over the pacifistas (maybe this is what they mean by Luffy beig a better vessel than Law, perhaps they wat to make them the next prototypes for the Pacifista), as well as having the support of the WG/Celestial Dragons and a badass chemical weapon.

I think they will fight some of his crew but part of me feels like Dofla is too strong for Luffy and will get taken out by Blackbeard, or another Yonko. Also, Big Mom is another possibility for an upcoming antagonist. The strawhats are already on her bad side and it's only a matter of time before they fight.
Well he was pulling on them strings long enough,no ?

Oars is no big deal for anyone even for Luffy's crew before the time-skip,the Giant was troublesome only with Luffy's shadow.
And we still don't know anything about his strings,using that logic you could say that Caesar is one of the Strongest since he managed to KO Luffy without touching him,but once you get the trick you can take care of him.
Old 2012-09-26, 16:37   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Doflamingo being the next major boss seems very likely. That doesn't mean there won't be several arcs leading up to it though. This seems like one of those sagas that spans several arcs. Such as the Baroque Works saga and the CP9 saga.
Old 2012-09-26, 16:40   Link #94
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Doflamingo being the next major boss seems very likely. That doesn't mean there won't be several arcs leading up to it though. This seems like one of those sagas that spans several arcs. Such as the Baroque Works saga and the CP9 saga.
I actually think think he will be one of the several arcs leading to Big Mom.
Old 2012-09-26, 17:48   Link #95
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
^Honestly, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Sanji is Vergo's equal yet, considering the leg injury he got fighting him (though I suppose one could also say that he was caught off-guard)....
You also have to account for the fact that Nami had damaged Sanji's body beforehand, so Sanji wasn't at his best fighting Vergo.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:49   Link #96
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I like Sanji a lot and I think he held Vergo off really nice. But that crack in the leg looks serious. Sanji's legs are his main tools for fighting. He even mentions about his leg in this chapter too. Vergo came out of the fight with only bruised lip and bloody nose, that is it. He even played to Sanji's strength by fighting him with legs. If Sanji had not cracked his leg then I would say they are even but Vergo came out on top in that fight. Even if it was just by cracking Sanji's leg. That leg is going to come back to haunt Sanji if he does not take care of it. Oda is putting emphasis on Sanji's leg in two chapters now. I don't see this has a common injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post

Daflamingo
We might get to see Daflamingo in this arch. If CC, Monet, Vergo, Baby 5, and Buffalo fail or things are not going has planned what will Daflamingo do? Daflamingo showed up to kill Bellamy. But having 5 subordinates at this caliber fail is far worse. Also CC looks like he is important to his future plans. If Baby 5 and Buffalo are heading to the Island I don't see why Daflamingo won't show up if he has to do it himself. Second two Vice Admirals are are at the Island. What will happen if Vergo is called out by Smoker and defeated. Smoker will take control of G-5 and WG will learn that Daflamingo was harboring CC and this will also push the WG to investigate further into him. What if they connect Law with him. Marines and WG might not look kindly at him for this. Also Daflamingo will lose a lot of influence in G-5 territory if not all if Smoker takes control. Daflamingo has a lot riding on this arch, it may not be everything but it is enough to do some serious damage too him if it ever got out.
Old 2012-09-27, 10:39   Link #97
marvelB

^I touched upon this in past threads, but depending on how well-connected Doflamingo is with the government's upper echelon he may not end up in as much trouble as one would initially expect. For all we know, it might be possible for him to alter the evidence in such a way as to get the blame pinned on someone else (like Law, for instance). And really, I really doubt that he'll find it necessary to appear at PH himself if he's already sending some of his strongest officers to take care of all the intruders.....
Old 2012-09-27, 14:20   Link #98
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
If the five lose then Daflamingo is going to have to do something regardless of how powerful he is or what kind of connection he has. Second he has a Vice admiral, former WG scientist, and a Schichibukai under is ranks. I doubt the WG going to approve of this revelation. Third not everyone is in Daflamingo's pockets. Smoker does not approve, who else in the Marines or WG would not like this at all. He is doing this stuff in secret because he does not want to get caught, so there still powerful forces who would oppose him in the WG. Fourth I don't think everyone in the WG or the Marines are Mr. Gullible. If this arch ends in a huge bang then the WG will investigate with there own people especially with Law trying to make a mess of the New World.

WG and Marine point of view
Fifth you don't want a pirate controlling your Marines or the WG. Could you imagine two Schichibukai walking out on you during a big fight or a vice admiral Vergo botching up operations or giving intel to the enemy because Daflamingo ordered it. Daflamingo to me is no longer an asset to the WG. They need to cut him off before they get hurt badly. Would you allow someone to infiltrate your organization and take control of your troops? Would you put a stop to it if you knew it was happening? This is a serious breach of security.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-09-27 at 14:33.
Old 2012-09-27, 14:39   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, a lot of his buyers are probably WG royals.
Old 2012-09-29, 18:21   Link #100
Seitsuki
Onee!

Don't forget the World Nobles who hold a crapton of power, probably support Dofla out of sheer convenience and simply don't give a shit.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion