AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-08, 20:05   Link #21
Pakxenon
popcorn

Hmmm... Light could kill L via brain blood clots perhaps?
Old 2006-12-08, 23:21   Link #22
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

I liked L's excuse for his odd sitting position. 40% increase!

The tennis match was somehow dissapointing. I guess I expected it to be more... dramatic. Somehow. Eh.

Spoiler for Death God:
Old 2006-12-09, 04:29   Link #23
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Nice episode overall...

Im awaiting the next episode though, where they show the tapes. Wootage.
Old 2006-12-09, 04:44   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
I liked L's excuse for his odd sitting position. 40% increase!

The tennis match was somehow dissapointing. I guess I expected it to be more... dramatic. Somehow. Eh.
lol i can just imagine light trying to copy how he sits at home and saying "wow it really works!" XD

and yea the tennis scene wasnt as exciting as the scene with light eating the potatochips :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-09, 07:44   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lol i can just imagine light trying to copy how he sits at home and saying "wow it really works!" XD
You must be the only person who could then.
Old 2006-12-09, 11:07   Link #26
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You must be the only person who could then.
Not the only one...

Old 2006-12-09, 13:06   Link #27
DarrenW

Lol. Nice counter, musouka.

Good episode with L and Light trying to outguess each other.

Also
Spoiler for results of the tennis match:

And lastly
Spoiler for regarding the deaths in this episode:
Old 2006-12-09, 13:54   Link #28
myopius

Light won the match because he's better. They're both incredible, but he's better. He was holding back until the end because he was afraid that L would profile him if he pushed himself to win. However, that was also a lead-in to the opportunity to have a particular conversation after the match which both L and Light wanted to use to their advantage (L, to try to profile Light, and Light, to get information from L). L predicted what Light would say and denied it to him (but he apparently didn't manage to profile Light, since Light didn't have a chance to indicate that he was about to ask about the investigation before L preempted him, and L's estimate wasn't raised past 1% at that time, IIRC...).

DarrenW, good observation.

Hisago, your spoiler tag should be more descriptive than that (if you have to post it)...
Old 2006-12-09, 14:41   Link #29
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Good episode, but not as incredible as the previous one.

If Raito really joins the investigation team, he'd have to walk on eggs, with L analyzing him every second.

The hospital part was kinda annoying, it should have shown a bit of emotion from the characters...L keeping on thinking will lead him to some mistake, I'm sure.

The most interesting sequence was the "4 pictures" part, in the café. The fourth pic coming out from nowhere surely gave Raito a sweat attack. He really has to act as neutral as possible, since his suspicion rate is increasing little by little...

To sum up, Raito won the tennis match, L won the pictures match. It's a draw for this time
Old 2006-12-09, 17:26   Link #30
anselfir
Style Über Alles

excellent, much better than teh previous episode. Moving very fast into a clear setting, whether this process is too hasty or not, I dont much care. More attention on the dilemma of the death note is also good.
Old 2006-12-09, 18:40   Link #31
evil-samurai

The episode was good, though there seemed to be sometimes mising to it.. Some of the shots of L with that blue light on him were Done well. The tennis match was alright.. but what really Interested me was the ending and the pre-view to next episode =) Since it looks like something big is going to happen.

I know its not meant to be funny but.. I couldn't help but laugh when they mentioned L and Light are 2 great tennis Champions

Quote:
You know.... I bet you that after watching the episode people in RL would try it
Old 2006-12-09, 19:47   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Not the only one...

The second i posted what i said, i knew someone would post this. :3
Old 2006-12-10, 01:01   Link #33
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Suspicion

Subarashii!

My head got all worked up and scrambled trying to decipher the logic going around between both L and Light's thoughts during the tennis match.

The gist that I understood is that L purposefully pre-empted his questions in order to worked up Light's judgement and not just the intellect.

If Light answers 'yes', then he's having his butt tailed closely and under eye by L to no known limits. However, if Light answers 'no' then that would put him under high percentage suspicion that he's Kira to L's judgement.

Both dudes were trying to worked up the other, but seems that Light's counter-talking to L about the investigation team and case backfired a little, causing that L's suspicion rate soared a little bit up to 7%.

If Light is not careful about his I-don't-want-to-lose attitude, then he'll soon risk a 10% suspicion ratio.

Does anyone else agree with L that Light's speech to his father went beyond all that is permissibly cheesy?
Old 2006-12-10, 04:57   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
You know.... I bet you that after watching the episode people in RL would try it
haha well yea might try that in an exam to see if i get a better grade XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If Light is not careful about his I-don't-want-to-lose attitude, then he'll soon risk a 10% suspicion ratio.
but if light then tries hard to lose then this would make L suspicious...its a double edge attack whatever way you look at it...and what light doesnt know is what answer L expects from him ~ to win? or not?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 08:36   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Does anyone else agree with L that Light's speech to his father went beyond all that is permissibly cheesy?
Its the fact that its that cheesy, that it worked. :3

In episode 10, there's something about the way L says "Seven Percent." that makes me have so much faith for this series. I can't believe that when the show started, i wasen't happy with the VA that was chosen for L, though he's doing one hell of a fantastic job now.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-10 at 10:17.
Old 2006-12-10, 11:14   Link #36
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Thing are going well.Now that L has firmly locked on to Light,their mental battles are getting more intense.

It was a good trick by L to make up a fourth pic.Light will have to be extra careful from now on.

Spoiler for next episodes
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-10, 13:21   Link #37
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Thing are going well.Now that L has firmly locked on to Light,their mental battles are getting more intense.

It was a good trick by L to make up a fourth pic.Light will have to be extra careful from now on.

Spoiler for next episodes
Spoiler:
Hey now, watch the manga spoilers ;O

Though I'm looking forwards to it too.
Old 2006-12-10, 19:05   Link #38
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God the scenes between L and Light were intense i was flipping out the entire time. Thing are just heating up i was surprised about Lights father though. Looks like Light has a plan to get to L i cant to see who this one plays out
Old 2006-12-11, 04:56   Link #39
Trickster Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
Mostly been lurking, but I had to say something at seeing this. I used to sit like this a lot when I was in my teens, actually! It's rather comfortable when you have a curved back...
But more so, I have low potassium and metal content in my blood (don't absorb them as well, don't get enough in my diet either), which means I don't circulate heat as well to my extremities. Tucking in your legs (or even stuffing them in a loose T shirt) while sitting like that works wonders if you are cold. I never tried sitting on the balls of the toes though, more the flat-footed approach... nonetheless, L looks rather pale, so I wonder if it's because he doesn't have as good circulation. Discomfort can make it hard to concentrate...

And yes, it was quite funny to see him sitting like that in the manga, considering he's my favorite character. I suppose you could guess that from the avatar I tossed together.

One thing I can't get over though is the music! It may not be as exciting to listen to on it's own, but I'm definitely waiting for the OST! I'm rather worried at the ominous "37 episodes" statement... is that set in stone? The series is 12 books or so long, and at about 4 eps a volume... how can one compress ~48 down to 37? I realize a lot of people don't like the ending (fools, I say! well, ok, maybe not...)... but when has changing the ending of a manga series actually turned out well?

Last edited by Trickster Priest; 2006-12-11 at 05:08. Reason: (explaining mineral intake better, typos)
Old 2006-12-11, 08:59   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster Priest View Post
I'm rather worried at the ominous "37 episodes" statement... is that set in stone?
That piece of news was officially announced as the show started to air. Thats the series length - and at the speed the shows been going, it'll fit perfectly if you ask me.