AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-29, 13:38   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

[Manga] Chapter 337 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Shikamaru attacks Hidan from behind and makes a deep cut in Hidan's neck. After Hidan fell to the ground, Shikamaru uses his shadow jutsu to bind Hidan's movements. After that, Shikamaru explains what they had done to Hidan (using Kakuzu's blood). Hidan seems to be shocked and worried (punishment awaits him, I guess).

At the same time, Kakuzu also falls to the ground, but the two hearts start running towards Kakashi and the others. Chouji uses his father's technique to grow his body, and uses his technique to crush the hearts. The inexperienced kids get happy for that attack, but Kakashi knows the best. The hearts are still alive and succeeded in connecting to Kakuzu to keep him alive (or Kakuzu connected them). Then we see another heart getting destroyed. Kakuzu takes the shape of a puppet that leaks rope kind of connections from many parts of his body, including his mouth (a pretty disgusting scene).

Shika starts losing control of his jutsu. He is close to depleting his strength, and Hidan notices this, and prepares for another attack.

Kakuzu uses his remaining strength (and two other hearts), to tie Kakashi, Ino, and Chouji to make them motionless. And the two hearts prepare for an attack. However, we see two swirling chakras getting prepared to stop Kakuzu's attack. Wind Rasengan from Naruto (that is only shown to be carried and/or created by one hand) and some kind of water based technique from Yamato. Kakuzu's attacks are nullified. Naruto's team arrives. (Shika, at the same, screams for help, but nobody hears it)

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-12-29 at 15:56. Reason: Clarification...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 13:54   Link #2
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

so this will come out next week? *makes me a very sad panda*

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:05   Link #3
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

There are no episodes past 215. You should also know that asking for where to get the episodes on this forum leads to an automatic ban.

This is a manga thread. It discusses the going ons in the naruto manga (not the anime). If you are unaware, the manga has carried the main naruto story. The anime however stopped for a while and produced a year of fillers.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:07   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Kakuzu has still 3 heart.
The one he uses as his own and those he uses to power the Wind and Fire masks.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:17   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
One handed wind Rasengan from Naruto and some kind of water based technique from Yamato. Kakuzu's attacks are nullified. Naruto's team arrives.
We should wait and see, this was shown in the same fashion the Rasengan made By Naruto against Itachi, in this case it was shown while been already made.

Quote:
(Shika, at the same, screams for help, but nobody hears it)
A Sarcasm I supposse??
Old 2006-12-29, 14:21   Link #6
majin_vegeta

This is amazing. It should be really cool to see if he can finally do something one handed.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:32   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
We should wait and see, this was shown in the same fashion the Rasengan made By Naruto against Itachi, in this case it was shown while been already made.
No, at that time, the two hands were sharing Oodoma Rasengan, and we were only shown the end, rather than the formation. Naruto was using two other clones for wind rasengan during training, I would have hoped to see the hand of at least one of the clones during that formation process. And, I would have also expected to see Naruto's clones to not teleport themselves with the jutsu.

If you are talking about the virtual reality one, there was no visible clone there.

Quote:
A Sarcasm I supposse??
Well, everyone joined Kakashi's fight, all 4 of them, not a single one accidentally reached Shika's place, who might welcome a big help.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:33   Link #8
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

even if he could do the regular rasengan one handed there is no way he could do a one handed wind rasengan (hopefully he can finally do a normal rasengan without a clone so that he only needs one clone to make the wind rasengan)

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:33   Link #9
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Don't get distracted Hidan kill Shika, Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill^^.

If Shika doesn't die and manages to use shadow bind on Hidan again i'll scream .

(why does Yamato look like rock lee on the colour page? >.<)
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:34   Link #10
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
so this will come out next week? *makes me a very sad panda*
While would it come out only next week ? The summary is also based from a script and not from the raw ?

Note that this summary is different from the 2 that were posted in the c236 thread and it most likely doesn't include the "spoiler" image.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:37   Link #11
Rahan

Quote:
Well, everyone joined Kakashi's fight, all 4 of them, not a single one accidentally reached Shika's place, who might welcome a big help.
Sakura and Sai ? (I have not read the raw, but there is no mention of them in the summary and I don't think they are on a date in Konoha)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:37   Link #12
ajay29

I'm really beginning to hope Shika bites it soon *prepares for the onslaught of disagreement...*

So, now he's going one-on-one with Hidan, he's exhausted, mustn't have much chakra left going by how he looks and what he's done so far, and he must be a fair distance away from the others, so no help is gonna arrive...(and even if they do, he's surrounded by exploding tags...)

I just feel Shika has become the golden boy of the series recently, and Kishi took a bold step killing off Asuma, so Shika should go down as well IMO.

And if another team arrives JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME to save him, i'm gonna seriously consider grumbling for an unknown amount of time, possibly minutes...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:38   Link #13
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Sakura and Sai ? (I have not read the raw, but there is no mention of them in the summary and I don't think they are on a date in Konoha)
Both of them are also there together with Yamato and Naruto.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:39   Link #14
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
You can see Sakura and Sai on the last page of the RAW, they are there...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:45   Link #15
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

very disapointed by that miss shika very.
at less we get the answer to how shika put the blood on the syth.
for some reason i was expecting more from this chater. it did come to mind
that naruto would show up, but i expected fat boy and sakura 2 to at less
do something more
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:45   Link #16
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why did Shikamaru tell Hidan, what happened? This doesn't make sense, unless it's also still part of his plan and he is sure that he is going to win. But even if it's part of the plan, what does he gain by doing so?
Most probably, the first part of his attack is over. Shikamaru can still use the field to his advantage. He gave an important cut to Hidan (with the binding jutsu, Shika could have loosened that head a bit more), maybe again based on his current plan. He might also still have the shadow-kunais.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:51   Link #17
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I think naruto can now do rasengan one handed... I mean come on, its been 3 years...
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 14:57   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
No, at that time, the two hands were sharing Oodoma Rasengan, and we were only shown the end, rather than the formation. Naruto was using two other clones for wind rasengan during training, I would have hoped to see the hand of at least one of the clones during that formation process. And, I would have also expected to see Naruto's clones to not teleport themselves with the jutsu.

If you are talking about the virtual reality one, there was no visible clone there.
The one shown before the Odoma Rasengan, even if it were in a genjutsu, Naruto was not aware of this and so he should had needed to go to the same process of doing rasengan as he always do. What we saw in this chapter was the wind ransengan already made, when the normal rasengan is done to this stage, the clones have usually dissapeared.

So It could go either way, or either he gained so much experience that He ended up learning it with one hand, or he was to pressured about Going out to Join Kakshi team that he did not cared to much about those minor details (which sound the most possible, IMO), as I said, we have to wait and see.

Quote:
Yeah, but that’s different from saying He screamed for Help, reason why I asked if it was a sarcasm.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:58   Link #19
vietpimp

Holy shit gotta say this...Ino sucks balls. Did jack shiet this whole time.
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:00   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

In the translation i got there's no wind rasengan, only rasengan, and some water-based jutsu. So what was that in the end?

Edit:
just found a better translation where it says "wind element: rasengan". But it didn't seem as strong as the one Naruto used in his training where there was a big hole in the ground. I guess he needs time to master the move.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote