AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 16.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 26.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 26.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-19, 04:02   Link #21
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Yay for letting us return to the fun, even though I started enjoying to see Komari breaking down like a puppy.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-20, 05:24   Link #22
Gohan78
Awakened One

This episode was below average for me.

I am starting to think that the director has a poor sense of comedic timing because most of the gags fall flat or are just plain unfunny to me. The "guess who?" game was notably cringeworthy.
And I don't understand the reason, because I remember being entertained by the silly games in the VN.
It's not even a matter of the poor animation quality. I don't know if the trick is the composition of the scene or the proper use of music, but the fact remains that KyoAni manages to make this kind of introductory episodes entertaining, while J.C. Staff fails.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-11-22, 17:51   Link #23
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Am I the only one who's feeling that its getting rushed? A lot of events are going on in a short period of time. I know VNs tend to move slowly, but surely, on events while anime try to rush it up a bit. However, in this case, it feels it's being rushed and compressed too much.

I always get the feeling that "more things can be filled into that scene" when an event comes. I guess I'll start killing my hopes for this. Especially when the director stated that "26 episodes were not enough to contain the whole Little Busters! experience".
Old 2012-11-23, 15:26   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
I always get the feeling that "more things can be filled into that scene" when an event comes. I guess I'll start killing my hopes for this. Especially when the director stated that "26 episodes were not enough to contain the whole Little Busters! experience".
The context and insinuation of this statement is that the show will have more than 26 episodes so they can animate the entire game's content (since they promised they will animate all the routes, which will not all be shown in this season). But that said... adaptations are always about compromise. The writer said in a recent interview that when she finished playing the game she thought it'd take 100 episodes to animate the whole thing, and now she's revised her estimate to 200. But of course they won't have that sort of time or budget. I've found this to be the case with every VN adaptation, but I still generally enjoy them for what they are.
Old 2012-11-23, 19:29   Link #25
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Yay for letting us return to the fun, even though I started enjoying to see Komari breaking down like a puppy.

Arty
You never struck me as a sadist

I would definitely be down with 200 episodes of Little Busters. Little Busters every Saturday night from now until somewhere in 2016 sounds good to me.
Old 2012-11-23, 22:01   Link #26
Dr. Casey

Nah, I haven't played the game. I just think this is a fun anime and wish that modern anime didn't pretty much cap out at two cours. I think it would be nice if 50-100 episode anime were more common like they were during the 1980s and '90s.
Old 2012-11-25, 01:34   Link #27
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So we have a compulsive liar and a rather uptight nazi version of Haruhi Suzumiya as Triple R noted. It was sorta funny.

Though I have to admit, one of the problems with Little Busters is that the cast is excessively quirky. Oh sure, Key anime and eccentric girls go together hand and hand but is this just really silly, with the CGI marbles and this hilariously over the top power hungry student committee. It's fine for comedy, but not so when the show happens to be dramatic.

Fortunately this time they focused more on the humor, and while Masato getting the crap treatment all the time kinda sucks, I have to admit cat attack spam and "trash" as a nickname was sorta on the amusing side. Also there should be some kind of intresting dynamic between the president and Haruka that we haven't realized yet that should go for entertaining storylines. 6.5-7/10 maybe for this episode.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-26, 18:44   Link #28
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You never struck me as a sadist

I would definitely be down with 200 episodes of Little Busters. Little Busters every Saturday night from now until somewhere in 2016 sounds good to me.
Damnit where's my money!

But, seriously, Little Busters! is just that potentially rushed, imo. Well, not to the point of 200 eps.... (although that maaaay be possible), but even 52 eps is kinda enough.

Anywayz, I think the reason that LB! is rushed is because they're slowly intertwining what's supposed to be NOT there... like Haruka's route mixing in the Common Route. But it doesn't matter... as long as you enjoy the trainwreck ride.
Old 2013-01-20, 02:50   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Misunderstood Trickster, Haruka Saigusa, comes into contact with the Little Busters. In the story, we get to know her quirks, as well as some of her struggles, as her free spirit appears to be unfit in a school setting, especially with the Student Council President's Spartan approach to keeping the peace and order of the school.

Fortunately, the Little Busters has a home for free souls like her. And they got themselves a powerful left-handed pitcher.

Honestly, I thought that the Iinchou is Haruka's twin sister until she told Riki her name.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:02   Link #30
s07195
However,

This episode was overall a lot more enjoyable, imo. The focus on the humor is probably the main reason. Although, what was with the CGI with the marbles?
The discipline committee member rolling on top of the marbles was obviously on another layer than the CGI and the background.