AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 19:09   Link #1521
Codex

I loved the ending ... it felt really poetic.

Spoiler for Episode 26:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:45   Link #1522
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Codex - D has impressed me in many many ways, not like the way Lacus was portrayed whose perfectness I felt was being rammed down my throat with lots of plot holes.

Spoiler for golden light:
Old 2007-10-04, 22:14   Link #1523
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
@Codex - D has impressed me in many many ways, not like the way Lacus was portrayed whose perfectness I felt was being rammed down my throat with lots of plot holes.

Spoiler for golden light:
LOL I'll jump onboard with theory no. 2

I enjoyed that, it was very nicely done. Altho we're left wondering what happens with Age and D, I still say this ending is much better than a few ones I've seen latley.

For questions like why do they leave for this other place?

what is the other place?

why the baka brothers are still in power?!

why is it that it only takes 4 years to restore a ruined, half-destroyed wolrd, but they still haven't got round to what seems a rather easy job of restoring Earth?!

why did Nilval and Aneesha swap hair stlyes?

I really do want to know, but I really can't be arsed to discuss it as I'm totally bummed as the series has ended now

the music for this show has been of top quality through out, and I so need to get my hands on it!
Old 2007-10-04, 22:38   Link #1524
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

They probably focused totaly or Orlon which is why it only took them 4 years to rebuild it. Sort of as a thank you to Age, and them honoring their part of the 12 labours.

Now that it's done they can turn their attention to the earth, which when compared with Orlon wasnt all that damaged.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:55   Link #1525
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
To be honest i was never fully happy with the relationship between Iolaus and Age. They wasted a huge potential love rivalry that could of had some interesting impacts on the series. I wouldn't of minded that, but to go from hating him, and calling him 'saru' in a degoratory way, to being all chummy chummy in the space of half an episode, was just to much for me. They kinda ruined themselves at that point.
Personally, I was so incredibly relieved when they resolved it quickly. I've always felt that introducing love triangles is a cheap way of creating drama. I prefer drama to come from the stories and the characters in a more genuine manner than some shallow and selfish infatuation. I also don't think it was unrealistic. Iolaus idolised Deianeira for her wise leadership, her insight and powers, her gentleness, and her love for her people (it wasn't love). And as soldier dedicated to protecting her and their people, is it that far a stretch for him to gain a measure of respect for Age upon seeing his power and self-sacrifice? Upon understanding that they really are working towards the same goal and that they both are willing to put their lives on the line to protect the princess?

That first resolution was what made me like what was otherwise a rather generic-feeling series: it illustrated a core idealistic belief in the series that there is a basic goodness and nobility in everyone, if only the people involved can manage to bridge their differences. And isn't that what much of the series is about? Heroic Age isn't supposed to be a petty romantic drama, but an epic saga about humanity and other sentient races in the universe overcoming their differences to forge a brighter future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Heheh. I enjoyed Deianeira and Lacus both. And Lacus gets bonus points for the "Mizu no Akashi" insert moment (those flashbacks combined with the heart-rending lyrics move me to tears every time).
Old 2007-10-05, 10:10   Link #1526
Sassarai
Army of One

Fields of hope > Mizu no akashi hmm Azurite(heroic ages ending theme) ranks up there as well.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:12   Link #1527
ipernorris

As usual Xebec owns... anyway does anyone know their next work?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:12   Link #1528
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

@Codex

My problem with it isnt with what they did, but how they did it. He went from hating him to being his best bud in the space of half an episode, which was pathetic and yes a huge stretch. It should of been handled better.

However as isaid its just one of the many early flaws the series had, but they did recover from them, so its not all bad
Old 2007-10-05, 11:52   Link #1529
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Iolus's battle harden warrior spider sense was prbly going "Warning warning don't go there, will get arse handed to you!!!"

But I seriously believe that they are both nice guys and would have just clicked, although I see your point about it being rather quick.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:20   Link #1530
arkxkra
全力全開

the last part i dont understand and dont get it. Is Deianeira follow Age go to another universe? Actually i feel like they going to another "universe" to "rest", i mean those place for Hero
And Deianeira become young after shine by the golden light, confuse...
but i love this ending.
Now it ended. It a good show for me.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:38   Link #1531
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

No one knows whether they went or didnt, its left upto you to decide.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:40   Link #1532
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
No one knows whether they went or didnt, its left upto you to decide.
i guess this was the best ending ...
I feel abit touching at the last moment, 4 years...
Old 2007-10-05, 13:13   Link #1533
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I hope it doesn't take this series to long to get licensed (you hear me Bandai?).

& yeah, easily one of the best shows of the season. I love Heroic Age for different reasons then something like Gurren Lagann --- though i enjoyed both very much. HA did hit more home for me though.

I find it funny that Captain Big Boobs is going for the Mother look.
Old 2007-10-05, 13:38   Link #1534
finalnight
Supreme Commander

I am pretty sure command now falls to the nilval. Since D is no longer around, she has no restraints in spacing the two brothers.

It made sense that D and Age left, they were too powerful and distant from everyone else in the universe. This is like lord of the rings, once you have touched the "higher plane" of power and existence, you don't really belong in the realm of normal mortals.

This show was very much like Babylon 5 as well. Once a race evolves, it moves on from the galaxy so the younger races can evolve behind them. First the goldies, then the silvers/bronzes, now the iron tribe will slowly leave. Eventually, the other lesser tribes will evolve and do the same thing.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 13:58   Link #1535
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
I am pretty sure command now falls to the nilval. Since D is no longer around, she has no restraints in spacing the two brothers.
The fact Deianeira went to the other universe is just speculation, there is no evidence to it.

Quote:
This show was very much like Babylon 5 as well. Once a race evolves, it moves on from the galaxy so the younger races can evolve behind them. First the goldies, then the silvers/bronzes, now the iron tribe will slowly leave. Eventually, the other lesser tribes will evolve and do the same thing.
The bronzes aren't more evolved than the Iron Tribe: in fact they got owned during Taro's battle. If you notice Silvers gave the humans the ability to communicate (=to command) the Bronze Tribe. Most of the Bronze Tribe is brought to the other side because they're the slaves of Silvers and now they're the slaves of humans as well.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:08   Link #1536
Codex

Spoiler for Bronze Tribe in Episode 26:
Old 2007-10-05, 15:41   Link #1537
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Spoiler for Bronze Tribe in Episode 26:
Why do you still use spoiler tags?
Anyway the Silvers carried most of the Bronze Tribe with them, they took the battleships mostly (the ones looking like cigarettes).
Old 2007-10-05, 18:53   Link #1538
FuzzyWuzzy

I'm wondering also whether the princess went to the other side with Age or whether she stayed.

It's more logical that she stayed since there's nothing for her on the other side. All her friends and family are not on the other side. She has a duty and responsibilities also. Age likes Oron also. He went through all the trouble just to fix Oron so it's logical that he stayed.

However, it's more romantic if they went to the other side. She and Age went to a world that is not familiar to anyone. There's a huge sense of adventure and excitement. Only the two of them in that world and no responsibilities. They can live anyway they want.

But I think she stayed cause Age said Deianera found a way for him to get back. The anime didn't give any hint that Age is taking Deianera to the other side nor any hint that he likes the other side. So since he said "back", and nothing about "going" or "let's go", they both definitely stayed since the last word he said is "back"- Like "I'm back for good".
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 02:51   Link #1539
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I'm wondering also whether the princess went to the other side with Age or whether she stayed.

It's more logical that she stayed since there's nothing for her on the other side. All her friends and family are not on the other side. She has a duty and responsibilities also. Age likes Oron also. He went through all the trouble just to fix Oron so it's logical that he stayed.

However, it's more romantic if they went to the other side. She and Age went to a world that is not familiar to anyone. There's a huge sense of adventure and excitement. Only the two of them in that world and no responsibilities. They can live anyway they want.

But I think she stayed cause Age said Deianera found a way for him to get back. The anime didn't give any hint that Age is taking Deianera to the other side nor any hint that he likes the other side. So since he said "back", and nothing about "going" or "let's go", they both definitely stayed since the last word he said is "back"- Like "I'm back for good".
oh yea, that make sense also...
when the gate open, Age say something like D has make the path for him to come back.
but it doesn't important anymore, as long as they are together ...
btw, i love the part the part when D running toward Age with the ED song ..
Old 2007-10-06, 03:49   Link #1540
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Yes you're right, Age said that and I add another particular: in episode 25 we clearly saw that, after the Silvers passed it, it closed on it own.
So we can safely assume that the gate opens only for a one-way trip: to go there or to return from there. Otherwise Age could have returned from the first gate orbiting Elysion.

Tags
action, science fiction