AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-29, 22:34   Link #1
Cyz
"Show it to me"

FireFox messing up?

My FireFox isn't acting the way I want it to be. Right now, everytime I typed or do something, it keep freezing on me for a few secsonds and then go back and then froze again. Also, lot of times, I can't see the pics especially the sigs here in Animesuki. All I see is black squares. Btw, I'm using the 2nd version of it.

Edit: I'm using the Opera web browser at the moment. It looks better . You think I should stick on Opera and delete FireFox?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-04-29 at 22:57.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:13   Link #2
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
FF lately has been crashing at odd points. I am not sure if has to do with some of the update that has been getting of late. I never had issue while browsing this site.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 09:41   Link #3
Snyper64

Send a message via MSN to Snyper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Snyper64
Are you guys running Windows because Firefox is running fine on my Linux box without any freezing or crashes.
Snyper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 12:52   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Looking @ Cyz..

Of course we (the resident Opera fans) think you should stick with it!
But we are Opera fans, considerate, honest, evil & greedy.. we think you should use what you like best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think you'r missing something in Opera etc. just give this thread a bump.
Old 2007-04-30, 13:48   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not having any problems running latest FF on Win2K or XP.....
When was the last time you cleaned out your "downloads" subwindow? If that gets more than about 20 or 30 items deep it can really affect your performance (long term "feature" of firefox).

Otherwise I'd say export your bookmarks, uninstall it and then grab the latest version and install and see if that cleans it up. We're assuming there's no other issues or lags with your system though....

Opera has performance advantages..... I happen to like certain mod plug-ins that FF has but I keep both installed and updated and just switch back and forth depending on the arms race between the two.
Old 2007-04-30, 14:30   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Normally, I'd merge a Firefox help thread with The Firefox Help Thread, but since this is evolving into a discussion of the pros and cons of Firefox vs Opera I wouldn't dare put these posts there.

Instead of merging, I'll just ask everyone to remember that Firefox and Opera are allies in the war for standards and stand together against the evils of Microsoft. Consequently, although it is fine to have a preference and the two can be compared and contrasted, please don't bash the other browser. So far I think that exactly the right tone has been set and I hope it stays this way.

Personally, I prefer Opera for most of my online activities, but I also use Firefox for certain specific uses such as playing Kingdom of Loathing because of helpful plugins.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:36   Link #7
Tiberium Wolf

Maybe you are having a conflict of softwares there. I have FF up to date and I don't have those problems you have.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:57   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Click on Help | About Firefox and see what version you're running.

If you're using 2.0+, try downgrading to the latest 1.5 version and see if your problems go away. If you're using 1.5, then try upgrading.

I'm still using the 1.5 series (on Linux) with nary a problem except in one particular case. I have the ForecastFox extension installed, and when it decides to check with Accuweather, the entire browser can grind to a halt for a few moments until it updates the forecast data. I think this is a combination of running torrents in the background and having a lot of other programs running at once. Unfortunately it's not possible to change the updating frequency for ForecastFox; I think it's told when next to update by Accuweather. I suspect that's to force more frequent updates when there are severe or unstable weather conditions in a particular locale.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:32   Link #9
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
I would suggest deleting your FF profile (backing it up before of course) to see if the problem continues.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote