AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 08:33   Link #1881
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Why do you think that he's going to selfe destruct himself?He was doing fine until the accident.Human make mistakes so why has Manami told him that he should stop his nonsense and that he should limit his abilities to be normal like her?He would definitively be a way more popular person as he is now (and a better student etc).That's manipulative and selfish to me.She has done a similiar thing with Kirino.How could she tell a little girl that her affection towards her brother isn't normal?That's horrible.I definitively wish that she isn't going to get away with it.
What Manami told him was he is not 'special'. That's all. The rest to stop trying hard and like are HIS way of intercept her words.
And about Kirino...that's hard to say. On one hand, loving her own brother is not a good thing in the long run. OTOH, she is like, 9-10. It's entire possible for her to stop thinking that way when she got older, like any normal sibling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Volume 10? I believe that was a dream where Kirino asks him to take off his pants. Not that he's fantasizing about Kirino.
Nope, volume 10, chapter 1. He told Kouhei that he could talk about Kirino's ass for hours
Quote:
Unless Kyousuke has been an unreliable narrator, which I don't think Kyousuke has been the enigma you people think he is.
For the title, it might be because people are contaminated by those incest stories, but "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga Nai" doesn't actually sound wrong. What? Are sisters not allowed to be cute now?
Kyousuke IS an unreliable narrator, at least in the earlier volume. He is more honest now though, but there is no way to know if he is trying to trick us reader again. For example. I considered his declaration to Akimi 'I already have someone I like' very vague. Is that person he liked 3 years ago and now are the same? Is he telling the truth? Hell, we can't be sure of anything.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:43   Link #1882
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
What Manami told him was he is not 'special'. That's all. The rest to stop trying hard and like are HIS way of intercept her words.
And about Kirino...that's hard to say. On one hand, loving her own brother is not a good thing in the long run. OTOH, she is like, 9-10. It's entire possible for her to stop thinking that way when she got older, like any normal sibling.
Oh,is that so?I don't really know,because the only things I read about Volume 11 are summaries and crappy translations from me (wish bakatsuki could hurry up already and upload volume 11 >.<).But at least the things she said to kirino were horrible.It's only normal that a little sister is in love with her brother or father when she is a child.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:08   Link #1883
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Oh,is that so?I don't really know,because the only things I read about Volume 11 are summaries and crappy translations from me (wish bakatsuki could hurry up already and upload volume 11 >.<).But at least the things she said to kirino were horrible.It's only normal that a little sister is in love with her brother or father when she is a child.
My qualm with Manami lies more with the fact the she didn't pay a proportional price for the actions that she took which she believed to be justifiable. Her actions also had unintended consequences that she took waaaaaaay too long to respond to. She also was the instigator to the cold war, which gives her a majority of the blame. There's a reason why instigators of a war get blamed a lot.(see what I did there)
Coupled with Kyousuke's emotional state at the time, I can understand why he reacted the way he did. I feel a lot more sorry for little miss tsundere who was thrust into the whole situation with limited control and understanding of what was going on at the time.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:25   Link #1884
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
My qualm with Manami lies more with the fact the she didn't pay a proportional price for the actions that she took which she believed to be justifiable. Her actions also had unintended consequences that she took waaaaaaay too long to respond to. She also was the instigator to the cold war, which gives her a majority of the blame. There's a reason why instigators of a war get blamed a lot.(see what I did there)
Coupled with Kyousuke's emotional state at the time, I can understand why he reacted the way he did. I feel a lot more sorry for little miss tsundere who was thrust into the whole situation with limited control and understanding of what was going on at the time.
There is an interesting fact in Vol 11: Looking back at the Cold War, Kyousuke stated that while he already forgive Kirino, he can't forgive himself. He didn't blame Manami, so that mean he understood that he is at fault for turned into this way.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:27   Link #1885
icebreaker

Quote:
...OTOH, she is like, 9-10.
3 years ago, she's 12.

Quote:
Nope, volume 10, chapter 1. He told Kouhei that he could talk about Kirino's ass for hours
That was a response to Akagi's sister talk -.- I don't think he can actually keep it up.

Quote:
Kyousuke IS an unreliable narrator, at least in the earlier volume. He is more honest now though, but there is no way to know if he is trying to trick us reader again. For example. I considered his declaration to Akimi 'I already have someone I like' very vague. Is that person he liked 3 years ago and now are the same? Is he telling the truth? Hell, we can't be sure of anything.
About that thing. The conversation went:
"No matter it's 3 years ago or now, my answer is the same"
"I. Have someone. That I like" <- This is what he said.
And this time I'll be the one to confess. <- This is what he thought.

What he said, about 3 years ago, could be a partial lie or a whole lie, maybe he did have someone he liked 3 years ago, but mostly it's because you can't tell her in the face "You might had a chance 3 years ago but you stupidly fell off the tree and blew it." She'll regret it forever.

But about why he rejected her now, "I have someone I like", and the part that he thought about confessing, should be true.

Quote:
There is an interesting fact in Vol 11: Looking back at the Cold War, Kyousuke stated that while he already forgive Kirino, he can't forgive himself. He didn't blame Manami, so that mean he understood that he is at fault for turned into this way.
In the end, it's a misunderstanding. Manami did what she thought was best for the siblings at that time, Kyousuke had went through a rough time and Kirino reacted as such. No one is really to blame, even if Kyousuke chose to take the blame on himself.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:49   Link #1886
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
That was a response to Akagi's sister talk -.- I don't think he can actually keep it up.
However, it proved that he had perverted thought about Kirino - isn't it
Quote:
About that thing. The conversation went:
"No matter it's 3 years ago or now, my answer is the same"
"I. Have someone. That I like" <- This is what he said.
And this time I'll be the one to confess. <- This is what he thought.

What he said, about 3 years ago, could be a partial lie or a whole lie, maybe he did have someone he liked 3 years ago, but mostly it's because you can't tell her in the face "You might had a chance 3 years ago but you stupidly fell off the tree and blew it." She'll regret it forever.

But about why he rejected her now, "I have someone I like", and the part that he thought about confessing, should be true.
Yeah, I agree that this is the most reasonable theory. He sure had no romantic feeling toward Manami back then, but to think a 15-years-old boy that have romantic feeling toward his own little sister is even weirder.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:53   Link #1887
Gundamx

maybe he start to have feeling for her after what she done?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:56   Link #1888
icebreaker

Quote:
However, it proved that he had perverted thought about Kirino - isn't it
Dude, lol.
Akagi : "It's alright! Today I'll specially tell you about Sena's boobs."
Kyousuke : "Then how about next time I go on hours about Kirino's ass when you're depressed."
Isn't that meant as a counter-argument to what Akagi said?

By fantasizing I'm talking about stuff on the level of the ones he has about Kurokeno and Ayase.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:16   Link #1889
Soverence

Quote:
Dude, lol.
Akagi : "It's alright! Today I'll specially tell you about Sena's boobs."
Kyousuke : "Then how about next time I go on hours about Kirino's ass when you're depressed."
Isn't that meant as a counter-argument to what Akagi said?

By fantasizing I'm talking about stuff on the level of the ones he has about Kurokeno and Ayase.
I think it was meant more as a "I have no interest in that" sort of thing. I think you are over thinking this statement Chaos, it was just a retort to Akagi and his crazy antics more then it was him actually thinking about his sister in a sexual/perverted way. As Ice said, when Kyousuke is thinking perverted it is more along the lines of the thoughts he had about Kuroneko and Ayase which were much more deliberate in their intent, not being a retort to tell a friend to basically shut up.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 11:24   Link #1890
TrialNova

I'm still catching up on the LNs, but at this point, only a Kuroneko ending seems logical to me. As a lot of people have been saying, a Kirino end would be.. ehh... Ayase/Manami ending would just be a letdown, since they haven't really done anything to make people want to see an ending with them. Maybe that's just me, I can't speak for everyone. Unless something huge has happened with Kuroneko to make her ending impossible that I don't know about yet, then that's the only ending that would make sense, to me. If it's not her, I'll be pretty let down.
TrialNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 11:29   Link #1891
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrialNova View Post
I'm still catching up on the LNs, but at this point, only a Kuroneko ending seems logical to me. As a lot of people have been saying, a Kirino end would be.. ehh... Ayase/Manami ending would just be a letdown, since they haven't really done anything to make people want to see an ending with them. Maybe that's just me, I can't speak for everyone. Unless something huge has happened with Kuroneko to make her ending impossible that I don't know about yet, then that's the only ending that would make sense, to me. If it's not her, I'll be pretty let down.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2013-05-22, 11:46   Link #1892
TrialNova

Quote:
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler for .:
TrialNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:01   Link #1893
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrialNova View Post
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-05-22, 15:30   Link #1894
icebreaker

I haven't seen this discussed yet in this thread so I'll throw it out here. It's about Tamura Iwao (Manami's little brother) in Volume 11.

Iwao : "You... It's You! W.. W.. Why..."
Kirino : "Oh, traitor."
Iwao : "Don't tell me.... You, are still doing THAT?"
Kirino : "Hmph, it doesn't matter anyway"
Iwao : "What do you mean it doesn't matter! Anyway.. SERIOUSLY? Argh... for god's sake... Hey....."
"Let me tell you... Enough is enough... We're gonna be high schoolers soon.."
Kyousuke : "What's the matter?"
Iwao : "Ah, that brat. We used to..."
Kirino : "IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO TELL HIM?"
Iwao then looked at Manami and went super embarrassed
Iwao : "Aaaaaaaaaaargh! This is bad"
Kyousuke : "Hey, hey what actually happened. You people are making me curious"
Iwao : "Sorry! Forgive me! I'm prepared to take this secret to my grave!"
Then he ran away and hid in his room.

Later on in a flashback 5 years ago. Iwao knelt down in front of Kyousuke asking him for forgiveness, because he has been unreasonably rude to him due to him feeling that Kyousuke is taking his sister away from him.

And even later on in the volume Manami knows about Kirino wanting to marry his brother.

From all these - It can be deduced that Iwao probably wanted to marry his sister, just like Kirino wanting to marry her brother. However, Iwao realized his mistake and properly apologized to both Manami and Kyousuke, while spilling about Kirino to Manami. Iwao then has grown out of it since. Well, since Iwao could grow out of it, why shouldn't Kirino?
Old 2013-05-22, 15:51   Link #1895
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
I haven't seen this discussed yet in this thread so I'll throw it out here. It's about Tamura Iwao (Manami's little brother) in Volume 11.

Iwao : "You... It's You! W.. W.. Why..."
Kirino : "Oh, traitor."
Iwao : "Don't tell me.... You, are still doing THAT?"
Kirino : "Hmph, it doesn't matter anyway"
Iwao : "What do you mean it doesn't matter! Anyway.. SERIOUSLY? Argh... for god's sake... Hey....."
"Let me tell you... Enough is enough... We're gonna be high schoolers soon.."
Kyousuke : "What's the matter?"
Iwao : "Ah, that brat. We used to..."
Kirino : "IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO TELL HIM?"
Iwao then looked at Manami and went super embarrassed
Iwao : "Aaaaaaaaaaargh! This is bad"
Kyousuke : "Hey, hey what actually happened. You people are making me curious"
Iwao : "Sorry! Forgive me! I'm prepared to take this secret to my grave!"
Then he ran away and hid in his room.

Later on in a flashback 5 years ago. Iwao knelt down in front of Kyousuke asking him for forgiveness, because he has been unreasonably rude to him due to him feeling that Kyousuke is taking his sister away from him.

And even later on in the volume Manami knows about Kirino wanting to marry his brother.

From all these - It can be deduced that Iwao probably wanted to marry his sister, just like Kirino wanting to marry her brother. However, Iwao realized his mistake and properly apologized to both Manami and Kyousuke, while spilling about Kirino to Manami. Iwao then has grown out of it since. Well, since Iwao could grow out of it, why shouldn't Kirino?
I think Kirino would had growed out of her feelings,if Manami hadn't told her that her feelings are wrong.Because of that Kirino's feelings were kinda "sealed" away.Later Kyousuke's character is changing and Kyousuke developed into a stranger to Kirino.They barely talk and interact with each other.She begins to hate his new character.She compensated her feelings by playing imouto-eroge.Well,after that the story of oreimo starts to begin.They get friendlier with each other.Kyousuke is turning into his old self little by little and Kirino's feelings break out of the seal.In short : She hadn't the chance to process her feelings,because they were cut off in her childhood.

Oh and this is only my interpretation.^^
Old 2013-05-22, 15:54   Link #1896
Gundamx

Quote:
Spoiler for long:
because her brother is Kyousuke?
joking aside > if he didn't do anything or know about her otaku side > than they will just ignore each other (Kirino grow out of her love) but he help her many time from lonely and bad situations if it was game than every volume raise his love point back to how it used when they was children
Old 2013-05-22, 16:09   Link #1897
rickiminato

when are release the volume 12?
Old 2013-05-22, 16:21   Link #1898
icebreaker

Quote:
I think Kirino would had growed out of her feelings,if Manami hadn't told her that her feelings are wrong.Because of that Kirino's feelings were kinda "sealed" away.Later Kyousuke's character is changing and Kyousuke developed into a stranger to Kirino.They barely talk and interact with each other.She begins to hate his new character.She compensated her feelings by playing imouto-eroge.Well,after that the story of oreimo starts to begin.They get friendlier with each other.Kyousuke is turning into his old self little by little and Kirino's feelings break out of the seal.In short : She hadn't the chance to process her feelings,because they were cut off in her childhood.

Oh and this is only my interpretation.^^
I would imagine Manami told her brother the exact same thing..? It's mostly because Kirino is stubborn enough to think Kyousuke can achieve anything, even incest. She also thought that Kyousuke's personality change was due to Manami's evil plan to take Kyousuke away.

Then again Manami should have called for adult's help, but then we wouldn't have this story.
Old 2013-05-22, 16:29   Link #1899
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
I would imagine Manami told her brother the exact same thing..? It's mostly because Kirino is stubborn enough to think Kyousuke can achieve anything, even incest. She also thought that Kyousuke's personality change was due to Manami's evil plan to take Kyousuke away.
Yeah,Kyousuke is a totally different person than Manami.Kirino saw Kyousuke like a superhero (he could achieve anything etc.).Manami on the other hand was and is a boring, normal/plain Human.It's like to compare apples to oranges.Well,whatever it is why Kirino still love her brother (every Human is different), it is how it is.

EDIT:

Quote:
Then again Manami should have called for adult's help, but then we wouldn't have this story.
I think adults would had laughed about it.I mean which adult takes a little girl serious?
Old 2013-05-22, 16:35   Link #1900
icebreaker

Quote:
Yeah,Kyousuke is a totally different person than Manami.Kirino saw Kyousuke like a superhero (he could achieve anything etc.).Manami on the other hand was and is a boring, normal/plain Human.It's like to compare apples to oranges.Well,whatever it is why Kirino still love her brother (every Human is different), it is how it is.
I don't think you are getting the point of this novel.... Kirino properly thanked Manami for "saving her brother in times of desperation" in Volume 11 too. Manami actually does care for the Kousaka siblings.

Quote:
I think adults would had laughed about it.I mean which adult takes a little girl serious?
Her father. Like definitely lol.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings