AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 16:50   Link #461
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Gash gets digital underwear whenever he would be naked.
And for that I thank them!
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 06:16   Link #462
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

it kinda reminds me of dragon ball *L* eh kids dont care about clothign half the time *L*

altho changeing folgres song might be a good thign 0-o LOL
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 03:22   Link #463
Budweineken
Crap

Just wondering if anyone knows between which episodes did the Gash movies came out... Or better, anyone knows between which episodes those movies are best to be watched?
Old 2006-01-21, 03:58   Link #464
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
Just wondering if anyone knows between which episodes did the Gash movies came out... Or better, anyone knows between which episodes those movies are best to be watched?
The 2nd movie came out in Aug of this year and as far as I know, has nothing to do the with the series at all. So that should be watchable anytime after say 110 or so. The first movie I believe came out in the later 60's and can be watched anytime after 70.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:23   Link #465
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

I have seen up to ep 65...to bad the subing is french ;_; LOL
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:37   Link #466
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Ok, so far I've watched up to 51 and trying to cram several more in today before this week ends. I managed to find out that the first movie falls in after the later 60's. From a small review site or "blogger", they mentioned after 65. That's a little way off for me to complete in 2 days. But I think I can manage.

What I would like to know is where does the 2nd movie fall in the 'Gash Bell' episode timeline? Or is it somewhat a standalone?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 11:00   Link #467
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Ok, so far I've watched up to 51 and trying to cram several more in today before this week ends. I managed to find out that the first movie falls in after the later 60's. From a small review site or "blogger", they mentioned after 65. That's a little way off for me to complete in 2 days. But I think I can manage.

What I would like to know is where does the 2nd movie fall in the 'Gash Bell' episode timeline? Or is it somewhat a standalone?
The reason movie 1 falls "after 65" is because otherwise you are spoiled about the events in episode 65. The movie is really standalone.

Movie 2 is completely stand alone but you need to have watched through 110'ish or else you get spoiled by someones new spell again.
Old 2006-03-23, 12:41   Link #468
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
The reason movie 1 falls "after 65" is because otherwise you are spoiled about the events in episode 65. The movie is really standalone.

Movie 2 is completely stand alone but you need to have watched through 110'ish or else you get spoiled by someones new spell again.
Ah!! I see. Thanks on that note!
I'm glad that I didn't read the segment. So I'm going to do some catching up. As far as watching up past 110...that's a feat to acquire such even if it's out there. And a "raw" won't cut it unless you have a summary. Guess I'll be waiting awhile before they are released. But as long as there isn't much spoiled in the 2nd movie -vs- the episodes then I'll go and check that out as well.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 17:22   Link #469
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Thank you. (Although that gives away something minor about who is in the movie.) Though since episode 65 is in the middle of a story arc, I'd rather wait until after seeing the entire arc... if possible.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 12:47   Link #470
bayoab

Gash Bell has ended in Japan. The ending was... bad... to say the least. But its really really sad when the best part of the final episode is (full details in spoiler tag, non-spoiler version below it.)

Spoiler:

Suzume being herself, she screams, and then a real earthquake report comes on screen! The timing was just so perfect.

Last edited by bayoab; 2006-03-26 at 13:00.
Old 2006-03-27, 02:52   Link #471
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

WOW a real life earthquick report?. what a coincidence.
I tried to reply to your post but sudenly saw it shows spoilers, well i accidently read the first sentence of it ( since i dont like be spoiled i didnt read the rest). Who is this Faaudo person you were talking about?. If it is a person beyond the shown episodes and subs, dont tell , but if not i was wondering who he/she/it was ^_^. i am wondering why such a funny series doesnt have that any popularity in the forums. i learned about this anime from cartoonnetworks and The dubs are awsome too ( so i got two of the DVDs of it from best buy) and it was acctually really good and made me laugh alot.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2006-03-27 at 03:31.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 03:00   Link #472
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thank you. (Although that gives away something minor about who is in the movie.) Though since episode 65 is in the middle of a story arc, I'd rather wait until after seeing the entire arc... if possible.
Yeah true, its the best idea to wait. Well i am following it from cartoonnetwork now. They seem to be showing a new episode each week and i dont think ( certainly not hope so) they will make the schedule of the show like inuyasha ( after each 30 episodes there has been like 1 year break). It will most likely be like gundam seed series that they showed one episode each week and released a DVD once every month.

P.S. I know Gundam seed's company isnt the same as Gash bell's. I was just making an example
Old 2006-03-27, 11:35   Link #473
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
WOW a real life earthquick report?. what a coincidence.
I tried to reply to your post but sudenly saw it shows spoilers, well i accidently read the first sentence of it ( since i dont like be spoiled i didnt read the rest). Who is this Faaudo person you were talking about?. If it is a person beyond the shown episodes and subs, dont tell , but if not i was wondering who he/she/it was ^_^.
Not a spoiler:
Faaudo is something from the demon world that has not appeared yet in the subs/dub.

Quote:
i am wondering why such a funny series doesnt have that any popularity in the forums. i learned about this anime from cartoonnetworks and The dubs are awsome too ( so i got two of the DVDs of it from best buy) and it was acctually really good and made me laugh alot.
I think part of it was the forum wipe and part of it seems to be that the dub fandom really doesnt come here and the series is progressing so slowly to non-raw watchers that it really sorta died off.
Old 2006-03-27, 16:31   Link #474
Tsukishirou

Argh!! Stupid Digimon Savers, this series was so great, but it had the most rushed and crappy ending, just like they did with InuYasha and Tennis no Oujisama, I thought they were going to be in a break for a year but no they rushed and ended it.
BTW Ep.150 = last episode.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 03:11   Link #475
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

WOW what an ending . It made me cry. the last two episode were great and all but the ending wasnt an ending . Mayby an Ova or movie is going to be after this to make the ending of the show alot better. They could have done at least another complete arc for the series. At least another 30 episodes but as Bayoab mentioned they rushed it .

Also since it was in japanese and i have only taken less than 1 semester of japanese which so far is around 2 months ( currently enrolled for my first semester) i couldnt compltely undrestand alot of the things they said. One question from the native speakers ^^
Spoiler for May contain last episode spoilers:
Old 2006-03-30, 03:32   Link #476
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Whoa! Let me catch up here. You're saying that the final episode of Gash Bell has aired in Japan? What was the episode number?

I heard that the ratings were really good for this show. Was it cancelled because that changed? Or was it cancelled because it caught up to the manga?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-30, 03:48   Link #477
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Whoa! Let me catch up here. You're saying that the final episode of Gash Bell has aired in Japan? What was the episode number?

I heard that the ratings were really good for this show. Was it cancelled because that changed? Or was it cancelled because it caught up to the manga?

Yeah Gash bell ended at episode 150. Just let me tell you the ending was RUSHED. They could have at least make another 30 episodes. Also i think its worth to watch the last two episodes, since the ending of the series and final battle is predictble. I guessed how it would end and it preaty much came out the way i guessed ( except a few of burned books that i didnt forsee ). the last two episode were good in terms of quality in my personal opinion however ending was really bad and rushed. It was one of the funniest shows i had ever seen but it never got any attention from fansubbers .
Also cartoonnetworks only bought 52 episodes of Gash bell which i recently realized. I guess i have to wait for the DVDs to come out and to buy the series. They are realeasing 1 DVD every 2 months and so far two of them are out, and third one coming soon. At this rate it will take minimum around 7 to 8 years for the whole series realsed by VIZ.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2006-03-30 at 04:42.
Old 2006-03-30, 03:56   Link #478
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Thanks for telling me about the ending.
Quote:
It was one of the funniest shows i had ever seen but it never got any attention from fansubbers .
Actually the show was being fansubbed, but the group that was fansubbing it was having trouble, it's not that they didn't love it. I'm quite aware that they wanted to sub it faster, but couldn't. Then it got licensed of course, and that is a whole other matter.

Quote:
Also cartoonnetworks only bought 52 episodes of Gash bell which i recently realized.
Do you have any proof of that statement? Please link me to your evidence! If this is true...

Old 2006-03-30, 04:10   Link #479
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Thanks for telling me about the ending.
Actually the show was being fansubbed, but the group that was fansubbing it was having trouble, it's not that they didn't love it. I'm quite aware that they wanted to sub it faster, but couldn't. Then it got licensed of course, and that is a whole other matter.

Do you have any proof of that statement? Please link me to your evidence! If this is true...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zatch_Bell%21

read the Syndication part of it. Its in the second paragraph. I was quite suprised and depressed after seeing it myself. and also Cartoonnetwork's last schedule for the show is for episode 52 in their site.
There are no spoilers in this link but if you scroll down in the "seel also" section the link for Zatch bell character list has all detales about all demon's spells and when they were burned. I accidently looked through it and got spoiled .
Old 2006-03-30, 04:12   Link #480
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Ah. Unfortunately wikipedia is not proof of anything unless they quote a source. Anyone can just post stuff on that site without proof. If anyone actually has a source that says someone involved in the industry actually says this somewhere, then it would be helpful.

Edit: A bit of research reveals that TV.Com says episode 53 is scheduled to be aired on 4/22, so wikipedia is probably wrong. TV.Com is a rather reliable site for things like TV scheduling.