AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 17:21   Link #41
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Talk about judging a book by the cover....
Wow, the irony is just rich.

Hate to burst your bubble but Aoi is a perv.

Last edited by Mizuno; 2011-05-11 at 21:59.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 17:40   Link #42
tsunade666

I'm watching this. The MC looks smart and cunning and playful. Completely different from an idiot MC which I ignore as I watch last season.

Though I wish it turn into a harem one. I rarely wish for it but the mc's smile just ask for it.
Old 2011-05-12, 08:05   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Wow, the irony is just rich.

Hate to burst your bubble but Aoi is a perv.
I was actually talking about Kaioshin's post, you know the entire judging of the series by just the character designs... "I don't like the empty space... WORST SUNRISE SERIES EVER". To be honest.. I didn't even see your post lol.... and it was obvious that passage of discussion was based on Kaio's post.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 08:15   Link #44
tsunade666

It's my first time to see sunrise animate a light novel or more like the thickness of a novel.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:57   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Talk about judging a book by the cover....
Well what would you have me do? It's not like I have a whole lot else to go on right now. Based on the content of the trailer my expectations have dropped severely. If all I have to go on regarding the anime are the character designs and the character designs are immediately a huge turnoff then that's simply that. I don't see any way around that fact.

This is what one calls an early impression, and the outlook is not good at all.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-05-13 at 15:08.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 16:13   Link #46
ramlaen

I think the idea is to learn a little bit about what a show is about, especially since summaries are often misleading (see Astarotte no Omocha).
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 17:07   Link #47
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well what would you have me do?
So if someone said Unicorn Gundam I'm not going to bother with because it looks old school or that Code Geass looks crap because of CLAMP designs you'll have no issue with that post?
Old 2011-05-13, 17:38   Link #48
tsunade666

I wonder if a light novel reader of the most popular novel for being the thickest will give a small background story about this one. It happens on the other light novel series.
Old 2011-05-14, 14:06   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
So if someone said Unicorn Gundam I'm not going to bother with because it looks old school or that Code Geass looks crap because of CLAMP designs you'll have no issue with that post?
Man people need to start actually reading my whole posts before freaking the **** out. If you go back and look it clearly states that I plan on watching the first episode to be sure of what the product is. As it stands though the trailer is all I have to go on and considering it was primarily about showcasing character designs and that nobody was doing anything particularly interesting that lept out at me, character designs are all I have to go on for first impressions. And I don't like em.

I would suggest people deal with this reality until the show comes out by which point I'll probably have something more tangible to go on. For now expectations remain low.
Old 2011-05-28, 16:12   Link #50
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Is there any giant robot on this series ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 15:56   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

larethian, could you translate the novel before the anime starts ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 16:45   Link #52
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

That's a tall task lol.
Old 2011-05-29, 17:27   Link #53
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Especially considering its length.
Old 2011-05-29, 18:28   Link #54
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
larethian, could you translate the novel before the anime starts ?
I second this just for the hell of it .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:37   Link #55
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's tough even if the person gets paid for it, some volume is like a friggin encyclopedia. >_>
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 21:40   Link #56
tsunade666

some? I think all of the book is thick as a book for college degree. Specially the last one or is it the second to the last. Well it's book 7 when their is a picture of the book in page 1 of the thread. That book can hit really hard. It's like the book I saw in medicine degree.

Usually light novel I read are around 300 pages but this one is insane. I would like to see a translator translate it. But it will be hell for them.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:28   Link #57
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well Satoyasu has more dignity then most Light Novel Artists. Surprisingly despite the big breasted women in his works. He along with Douji (FMP) and Katsuyuki (Agarest) never worked on hentai doujins.
Old 2011-05-30, 04:06   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Man people need to start actually reading my whole posts before freaking the **** out. If you go back and look it clearly states that I plan on watching the first episode to be sure of what the product is. As it stands though the trailer is all I have to go on and considering it was primarily about showcasing character designs and that nobody was doing anything particularly interesting that lept out at me, character designs are all I have to go on for first impressions. And I don't like em.

I would suggest people deal with this reality until the show comes out by which point I'll probably have something more tangible to go on. For now expectations remain low.
Swap out "don't bother with it" for "being extremely negative about it". I highly doubt you'll ignore a poster r.e the next gundam tv series if he was as negative as you're being here. As for "Freaking the fuck out?" Really now.. who's typing a novel in here? Still gotta admit, they at least look better than the Hirai era for Sunrise lol.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-30 at 04:50.
Old 2011-05-30, 11:03   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Swap out "don't bother with it" for "being extremely negative about it". I highly doubt you'll ignore a poster r.e the next gundam tv series if he was as negative as you're being here. As for "Freaking the fuck out?" Really now.. who's typing a novel in here? Still gotta admit, they at least look better than the Hirai era for Sunrise lol.
I'd say that are about on par creativity wise with Hisashi Hirai designs based on what I've seen in the trailer.
Old 2011-05-30, 23:00   Link #60
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Moreover, the concept of his stories is very unique
I haven't read Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon yet but i have read 終わりのクロニクル
Not everyone can survive the bombardment (seriously heavy bombardment!) of info in his novel. Once you can survive that you will know that it is really good.
You're not kidding. There are so many info in volume 1 (history, politic, magic types, weapons, culture, geography/setting, and the huge cast of characters), and it took me two read and I'm only about 70% in understanding the setting (I think it would've been easier if I could've read this in English though ...), and that's with skipping couple of grunt fight scenes. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of sorting all the info in my head however.

But why does he already have to end it in a cliffhanger in volume 1 ... now I have to wait another 2-6 months to see vol 2 translated. Also, now that I understand the PV better, I want the anime even more ;______;.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise