AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-25, 02:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 712 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

(Current) break is over, so it's spoiler time! Once again, credit goes to Redon from AP for this summary:

Quote:
- Chapter 712: Violet.

- 30 minutes ago in Dressrosa. Sanji has been caught by Violet and other Donquixote Family mobs.

- Violet was a killer of Club Trebol army of the Donquixote Family with the power of Devil Fruit "Giro Giro no Mi" (giro is the onomatopoeia of "look intently"). She can see through everyone's mind.

- Violet wanted to know their plan and purpose but surprised that can only see women in Sanji's mind.

- Sanji said he never doubt women's tears and believed what did Violet say before: I hope you can kill a man for me (chap.703).

- Violet was moved and suddenly used the power of Devil Fruit to knock all mobs down.

- Then Violet let Sanji see what happened in the morning when CP0 arrived in Dressrosa. CP0 told Dressrosa's residents the World Government will revise the news about Doflamingo quitted the Shichibukai and the king of Dressrosa at 3pm and asked them not to leak.

- Back to the beach. Fujitora asked Sakazuki: "What happened? The Marine Headquarters has been fooled?" Sakazuki apologized and said: "I am going to Mariejois and ask the Gorosei."

- At this moment Robin used ability to create a copy of herself to let Law know they are in underground.

- After that, Doflamingo arrived at the beach.

Law: "You are just a pirate. You don't have authority to fool the world even if you are the Shichibukai.
If someone that can do to this extent. He must be the Celestial Dragons.
Can it be that you are...!?"

Doflamingo: "...Law! I really want to kill you!"

End of chapter.

Well, now. Violet has a mind-reading DF power, CP0 and the WG trolled the marines, and now it seems that Dofla may be a world noble (or at least has a close connection to them). Yep, sounds like an awesome chapter, indeed.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:07   Link #2
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Hot diggidy damn. Knew Dofla had a connection to the world nobles when he was talking about his orders to kill Moria coming from "higher up," but to think he'd be involved to this extent... Events have happened that not even the military know about. It also revises what I thought about the CP units. Apparently they are under different control than the world government? Or is that just the CP0 unit?

Couple points:

-Thinking about it I don't think he's an actual world noble by the fact that he's neither a moron, weak, or shows any traits of being one, but I'm eager to know what his connection is. Perhaps the possibility of him being a "soldier" for the nobles or something like that? This calls for a FLASHBACK... the chapter after this one. I'm calling it.

-Another thing I'm thinking about is what will happen with the end of this arc. With all that he's been built up I'm not so sure Dofla will be defeated. If by some stroke of Oda's pen Luffy and Co. defeat him, I'm sure the bounties of the main characters will rise by at least 50-100k.

-And of course, Violet for crew member.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:58   Link #3
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I always thought that Vergo's last sentence about "you'll lose because you don't know jack about Dofla" was a bluff, typical bluff of villain before his losing moment

but not anymore, and Law will probably lose because, yes, he don't know jack about Dofla

Leaving a huge hole in his perfectly planned plan
Old 2013-06-25, 14:09   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
It also revises what I thought about the CP units. Apparently they are under different control than the world government? Or is that just the CP0 unit?

Personally, I think that just applies to CP0. The impression I have is, much like CP9, they have special privileges due to being super-elite secret agents who don't "exist" in the public eye. So they could have full authority to alter/falsify information as long as it results in their objective being realized. I mean, it's quite telling how skilled these guys are if they can even fool Sakazuki of all people!

And going back to Dofla..... personally, I've always had my doubts about him being a world noble, myself. Still, there certainly is no denying that Vergo's warning to Law most definitely implies that the warlord has some sort of deep history with the WG. Personally, I'm wondering: Rather than being a world noble, perhaps he's related to one of the five elders.....?
Old 2013-06-25, 14:29   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Couple points:

-Thinking about it I don't think he's an actual world noble by the fact that he's neither a moron, weak, or shows any traits of being one, but I'm eager to know what his connection is. Perhaps the possibility of him being a "soldier" for the nobles or something like that? This calls for a FLASHBACK... the chapter after this one. I'm calling it.
Dofla might not be a full blood WN. The WN do keep a lot of female slaves
Old 2013-06-25, 15:29   Link #6
Rainbowman

Highlights: Mind reading devil fruit, Robin using her ability to clone herself, and Doflamingo and his connection to the Celestial Dragons. With possible recruitments, we have Rebecca the warrior, Wicca the cute dwarf woman, and now Violet the mind reader. My money is on the latter two.
Old 2013-06-25, 17:21   Link #7
shalala

If Dolfa is a WN then that could explain why the Marines don't go after him with all that stuff he has his hands in. Still I wonder what reason would the "higher ups" need to kill Moria. I wonder if Violet would fall for Sanji as she has so far been moved by him?
Old 2013-06-25, 17:46   Link #8
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So the marines really were deceived by this whole scheme. Unfortunately, it's not within Akainu's jurisdiction to deal with Doflamingo; only the WG has power over the shichibukai.

About the false news, why is it that the WG is only going to make the revision by 3pm? And what time is it right now? There's most likely some significance to that timing schedule.

So is Violet a deserter of the Donquixote family? Perhaps she was coerced into doings things she never wanted to do. Or maybe she's just playing Sanji. I'm calling it now: Sanji's opponent in this arc will be Trebol.

Agreed that Doflamingo is a world noble or at the very least has strong ties with them. Law is about to catch a vicious beating; but before his former boss lands the killing blow, Fujitora will most likely intervene by that point.
Old 2013-06-25, 19:14   Link #9
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
About the false news, why is it that the WG is only going to make the revision by 3pm? And what time is it right now? There's most likely some significance to that timing schedule...
3 pm is when Law stated he would leave Caesar at the beach (ch 700).

What's interesting to me is Dofla tells Aokiji he will change his plans since he cant permanently shut up Smoker (ch 699) - and his plan currently seems to be to feign his resignation via aid from the WG and cp0, and his control over the residents of Dressrosa (it's pretty difficult to get a whole nation to shut up about something unless you have an abnormal amount of control over them).

The marines seems to be unaware of the fake resignation, and im going to assume Dofla intended this which to me says his plan wat to get Law and the SH at Dressrosa to ambush them - ambush being done by a> having the lure of himself and law to bring in big guns of the marines to b> try to arrest both but end up taking Law when Doflas resignation is revoked while c> offing the SH.

How I assume the upcoming chapters to play out

Akainu's reaction to this news could end up throwing DD's plan off if he still goes after him via Fujitora but what I expect now is for Usopp and Robin to save Law, perhaps losing CC in the process but keeping Law alive.

From this poin ton the story will be able to move back to the new allies in the dwarves as well as the real story behind Dressrosa's past, whilst going back and forth between the Arena and the DD family heading for the ship.

With the new info from the new allies, Law will finally be able to make a real plan to bring DD down, theyll prolly tell him where the factory is too.

DD is a dragon

This did not surprise me one bit, as it's been alluded to for ages. I highly doubt he's a bastard child of a dragon as they dont seem the like the sort to care to give said bastard children any special privileges.

So what I think is that DD is a legit dragon by birth but an exceptionally, power hungry, violent and troublesome one. He may have been barred from their city state.

As for him being a hotshot pirate now, I think that's his genuine aim and in the interest of the WG as the WG have no say in the New World so they mite b able to finally establish themselves their by means of DD.

Also the factory is near/under the colloseum or greenbit, possibly run by dwarves which is why you never hear about it - they can cultivate greenery after all.
Old 2013-06-25, 20:07   Link #10
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
3 pm is when Law stated he would leave Caesar at the beach (ch 700).
That's right. I checked the chapter shortly after my post and found that 3pm is the drop-off exchange time for Ceasar to Doflamingo. But thank you for your input anyways.

Doflamingo's past definitely intrigues me even more than before. As you said, there were definitely signs before that Doflamingo shared similarities with the world nobles, but now that it's all but confirmed I'm even more anxious to discover more about this guy.
Old 2013-06-26, 00:08   Link #11
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Wow... so this is probably the new turn that Oda was talking about when he got sick. It's been obvious that Dofla is probably the strongest of the shichibukai, but to think he has connections to the WNs? Dayum...

Yeah, right now it seems like Law is out of his league... however, the good news is that if Luffy and co manage to take out Dofla, it might be the boost they need to take on the Emperors such as kaidou and Big Mom

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-06-26, 02:19   Link #12
danielevo

Talking

Hello, i want to share my opinion about dofla past.

If dofla really a kid of word nobles like Sabo, then my assumptions is :
Dofla have chilhood like Sabo, he hate word nobles like Sabo, then i think that Vergo and Monet is like a people of Gray Terminal, who have to suffer because of a people from word nobles or something like that.. Then Dofla meet them, and dofla become friend with Vergo and Monet just like Luffy Ace and Sabo, so Vergo and Monet respect in Dofla, but an accident happen to Dofla, and it change doflamingo become an evil pirate, and we dont know that accident, Vergo called that accident "Doflamingo past"..

Thats my thoughts
Old 2013-06-26, 05:11   Link #13
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not sure if you actually read my summary yet.

Anyways as for the discussion of CP0, couple of things to add.

- CP0 work for World Nobles directly.
- When Law thought about what Vergo said (You don't know Joker's past) and mutter you couldn't be..! Dofla replied with it runs much deeper than what you think.
- Block C is starting, Luffy is pumped for action, while Cabbage nearly jumps in the ring after Luffy, only to be held back by the guards (he's not really struggling or forcing himself)
- Dofla's mocking of Law (in short, it's basically oooh you brought scary scary Admiral I'm so scared now that I quit Shichibukai TROLOLOLOLL) is amusing .
- Also, Violet, after witnessing how Sanji was able to see right through her own lies and see the truth in her plea, seems to genuinely fall for him.
Old 2013-06-26, 05:31   Link #14
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
Hello, i want to share my opinion about dofla past.

If dofla really a kid of word nobles like Sabo, then my assumptions is :
Dofla have chilhood like Sabo, he hate word nobles like Sabo, then i think that Vergo and Monet is like a people of Gray Terminal, who have to suffer because of a people from word nobles or something like that.. Then Dofla meet them, and dofla become friend with Vergo and Monet just like Luffy Ace and Sabo, so Vergo and Monet respect in Dofla, but an accident happen to Dofla, and it change doflamingo become an evil pirate, and we dont know that accident, Vergo called that accident "Doflamingo past"..

Thats my thoughts
Well in this case Vergo and Monet become "evil" too though. Also Sabo was only a "regular" noble, not a "world" noble.
Old 2013-06-26, 05:43   Link #15
Blaat

A woman falls for Sanji... has that ever happened before?
Old 2013-06-26, 06:57   Link #16
danielevo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well in this case Vergo and Monet become "evil" too though. Also Sabo was only a "regular" noble, not a "world" noble.
yeah thats just my thought.
Old 2013-06-26, 08:19   Link #17
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hopes Law planned deeper than that when agreed to bring Ceasar in to face Doflamingo in exchange. Afterall, even if Doflamingo keeps his promise and resigned, he may still be able to kill Law to get Ceasar back.
Old 2013-06-26, 08:59   Link #18
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Hopes Law planned deeper than that when agreed to bring Ceasar in to face Doflamingo in exchange. Afterall, even if Doflamingo keeps his promise and resigned, he may still be able to kill Law to get Ceasar back.
I would also be disappointed if he didn't take extra precautions knowing that he was dealing with Joker here.

Everything went too smooth.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:17   Link #19
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Ok...

Violet for next Nakama! *runs away*
Old 2013-06-26, 09:32   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ok...

Violet for next Nakama! *runs away*
*shouting and running away with Randrak*

well, Doflamingo is nasty as usual... but with Tenryuubi's connection... I think a rage arc will come soon
Closed Thread