AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-16, 07:57   Link #701
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Let's be honest, Zuka getting main as her very first role would be pretty ridiculous.
Why? It happens pretty often. Hell, P. A. Works previous anime had such example.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 08:07   Link #702
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That was the first time I heard the issue of sexism being brought up in an anime, even if it was just a passing comment.
Office sexism is the main topic of the 2007 noitaminA show, Hataraki Man. The main character is a 28-yo editor in a weekly magazine. The words "sexism" or "patriarchy" don't appear in the script, as I recall, but their relevance is clear from the events portrayed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 08:09   Link #703
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Why? It happens pretty often. Hell, P. A. Works previous anime had such example.
It doesn't happen often, yeah sometimes newbie get main role, but they have at least some experience as minor characters in most cases
Old 2015-01-16, 08:38   Link #704
SQA

One thing after that scene: I was thinking about Cross Ange and it's all-star cast. Fukuda must have been like "we're hiring the biggest names we can get to say 'yes'!". Sadly, it never helps the script.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 08:56   Link #705
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It doesn't happen often, yeah sometimes newbie get main role, but they have at least some experience as minor characters in most cases
From my memory:
Gundam G no Reconguista MC, that magical girl from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, Ari Ozawa (Chiyo in Nozaki-kun) had a few walla roles before her debut, but that's it, Shiori Muto (Nobunagun's Shio) debuted as a main character as well.
And that's only from my memory.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 09:10   Link #706
Tenzen12

Fair enough, still far from "often" or "normal".
Old 2015-01-16, 18:48   Link #707
MarkS00N

So, after digging through internet, I find that the Taitanica Studio building has its real counterpart (not surprising) in Ooarai...

With Third Aerial Girls Squad being a military girl series (with girl using the military device instead of being the military device), the fact that one of the manager threat with danger of low BD sell which more of a threat for an original then adaptation (which I heard more concern to increase original material sells, not that we will hear that here because of the editor's attitude) especially when the source material being very successful thus would provide a decent sell at least, and now this, I think it is safe to assume that the similarity of this anime they made and Girls und Panzer is deliberate...

Thus while both are different in nature (one is an adaptation while the other is an original), I think we are currently get to see the behind the scene process for Girls und Panzer at last...

Which make the choice to have this Taitanica Studio to do the final two episode, become a bit...

But at least when I see the VA for character in Girls und Panzer, Hana's VA seems to have no role previously, so I guess there is hope for Zaku (though I don't know how she'll get it)...
Go Zaku!
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 00:06   Link #708
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't understand why a studio would sub out the final episodes where you'd think the series director would want to go out in style. Doesn't it make more sense to assign the subcontractor a couple of mid-show episodes that won't be remembered when the show ends?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 01:24   Link #709
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't understand why a studio would sub out the final episodes where you'd think the series director would want to go out in style. Doesn't it make more sense to assign the subcontractor a couple of mid-show episodes that won't be remembered when the show ends?
They would be two episodes in the middle. Most definitely not the last one. Though I recall in one series where ep 23 looked so different from the rest of the entire series, haha.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 02:09   Link #710
Kakkou
Tch.

They never said they were outsourcing the final two episodes, only that they have the capacity to do 11/13.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 02:20   Link #711
MarkS00N

Ah, my mistake, sorry...
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 03:26   Link #712
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I laughed when the third guy chose the voice actor based on her-- chest ...

I can see it happens for 'which female voice actors we should go with'. I wonder how it'll be for male voice actors, I'd like to see a discussion about hot-blooded character voice, or maybe a strong but silent character like Onii-sama (Mahouka); about male antagonist is fine too.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 04:55   Link #713
juventus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
One thing after that scene: I was thinking about Cross Ange and it's all-star cast. Fukuda must have been like "we're hiring the biggest names we can get to say 'yes'!". Sadly, it never helps the script.
Cross Ange is not good nor bad, somewhere in between. But they have Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura, so I have to suffer through that anime.

A-list VAs demand higher pay, but if the anime can sell well, it's worth the investment.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 05:30   Link #714
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's all the same with the actors for general movies. You could hire a star in hope for better sales or stick with some novices who'll demand lesser payment and rider.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 08:21   Link #715
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
If I recall, Cross Ange is an original anime right? I got a feeling the problem of the script not helping for that anime are the same as Exodus anime shown here with a few differences. (I think.) But apparently, it is still doing okay as what juventus95 said.

For me, I will also watch for the VAs in both original anime and adaptation too (Before watching this episode). But after watching this episode, I keep thinking: Does having well known VAs in the show means better sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I suppose that "flower of hope" was not coincidental. As I mentioned before, Haruka Chisuga did sang a song of that exact title.
Erm, I was thinking of the song too, but I am using it literally (Though there is no such flower exist...).
Old 2015-01-17, 23:28   Link #716
Ottocycle

Quote:
Cross Ange and its predecessors courtesy of King Records (namely Dog Days!, Dog Days!!, Dog Days!!! and a little something called Nanoha). Yeah they do that.

But judging from how it was the publisher that was pushing for the big names, it's likely a poke at Dengeki Bunko works which are making their headlines with the likes of Mahouka, DRRR, SAO, etc
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 03:46   Link #717
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Speaking of new seiyuu getting main roles, I remember KyoAni doing it sometimes, the most blatant case being K-On! (spring 2009) where Toyosaki Aki, Kotobuki Minako, Hikasa Youko, Satou Satomi and Taketatsu Ayana (now all famous actresses) only had a few minor roles before and were basically unknown entities when the anime started. See what they did before 2009.

I remember the same for less important series like Kitakubu, where out of five roles they hired Kido Ibuki and four newcomers.

Back to Shirobako, all hints are for Zuka getting a role somehow, I was hoping she'd get Catherine but we saw that the director had no much say in the matter.
Ah well, I'll be extremely surprised if she doesn't join the crew with her friends.
Old 2015-01-18, 05:01   Link #718
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Speaking of new seiyuu getting main roles, I remember KyoAni doing it sometimes, the most blatant case being K-On! (spring 2009) where Toyosaki Aki, Kotobuki Minako, Hikasa Youko, Satou Satomi and Taketatsu Ayana (now all famous actresses) only had a few minor roles before and were basically unknown entities when the anime started. See what they did before 2009.
The voice cast of Haruhi, Lucky Star (except Aya Hirano by then) and Nichijou were also considered as newcomers at that time.

There were successes, and there were also cases that didn't progress beyond (example: Nano, Yuuko and Mai-chan in Nichijou etc)
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 05:31   Link #719
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not sure if this has been posted yet,

Yet another Girls Panzer reference.
Old 2015-01-18, 10:02   Link #720
Nicaea

Glad to see Diesel-chan gets some recognition.

Also that new desk production assistant seems a bit pompous and I suspect he might've sent Aoi to a bad company on purpose.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, slice of life