AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-19, 15:53   Link #1
VGAddict

Worried about my height.

I'm 5'3, and I turn 21 in August, so I guess I won't grow anymore, despite growing half an inch in the last six months. I still haven't had my growth spurt, and I guess it won't happen. What's worse, my mom is 5'4, and my dad's 5'8, so they're relatively average sized. I'm also still in puberty (still getting zits).
Old 2013-06-19, 16:46   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
> Drink milk.
> Play basketball as a hobby.
> Wear those special slippers that "massages" your feet while walking.
> Try "reaching the sky" routines.
> Lots of jumping....

* Not totally or proven effective... But it wouldn't hurt if you try... I'm 5"10..
Old 2013-06-19, 17:00   Link #3
Seitsuki
Onee!

Just like how DFCs are a status symbol, so are shotas. Bear it with pride!

Are you still actively trying to grow, or just simply anxious about not being tall?
Old 2013-06-19, 17:05   Link #4
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
I'm 5'3, and I turn 21 in August, so I guess I won't grow anymore, despite growing half an inch in the last six months. I still haven't had my growth spurt, and I guess it won't happen. What's worse, my mom is 5'4, and my dad's 5'8, so they're relatively average sized. I'm also still in puberty (still getting zits).
I'm assuming you're male.

Males don't stop growing until they're around 25 or 26. You should get another growth spurt (or possibly two) before you completely stop growing.

Acne also isn't a sign of puberty; it just means you have oily skin and clogged pores. Go see a dermatologist so you don't end up with facial scarring.
Old 2013-06-19, 18:28   Link #5
magnum12

Definately suggest drinking a lot of milk, a good multivitamin, and a high protein diet to fuel the muscle mass.

Can't say with certainty or red statements it will have results, but it may have worked for me since I'm 6'3" and 6-8" taller than either of my parents.
Old 2013-06-19, 18:52   Link #6
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Are you still actively trying to grow, or just simply anxious about not being tall?
You can actively try to grow?
Old 2013-06-19, 21:08   Link #7
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Stand in the sunlight. Use photosynthesis to your advantage. Also, you'll need plenty of water for this to work.
Old 2013-06-19, 21:18   Link #8
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can actively try to grow?
Diet and certain exercise should have.

Quote:

Yeah shota pride!
At certain point of my life, I stop caring about my height. And being short has its benefit. For example, you get more leg space on planes. You also get more places to hide.
Old 2013-06-19, 22:06   Link #9
VGAddict

Could my height be because I was born six weeks premature?
Old 2013-06-19, 22:10   Link #10
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Could my height be because I was born six weeks premature?
While this is possible, you also said your mother is 5'4", and it may just simply be that you are inheriting her genes that correspond with height.
Old 2013-06-19, 23:58   Link #11
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
> Drink milk.
> Play basketball as a hobby.
> Wear those special slippers that "massages" your feet while walking.
> Try "reaching the sky" routines.
> Lots of jumping....

* Not totally or proven effective... But it wouldn't hurt if you try... I'm 5"10..
Nobody told me Fillipinos could grow that tall.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-06-20, 06:15   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yeah shota pride!
At certain point of my life, I stop caring about my height. And being short has its benefit. For example, you get more leg space on planes. You also get more places to hide.
That's that. Short guys get more love - you can look straight and stare straight into bombers without looking perverted.

And you'd make a delicious trap. There is a certain crazy pettanko fujoshi here who likes traps.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-06-20, 06:20   Link #13
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ She's not pettanko, stop shattering my illusion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Nobody told me Fillipinos could grow that tall.
We can't, I refuse to believe until it happens to me.
Old 2013-06-20, 06:32   Link #14
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
If you are 21 you are done growing.
What is you sex? If you are a female then 5'3 is an ok height. (depends on where you're from)
Where are you from? The average hight is different in each country, and region. (e.g. I'm from a region in Holland where the "average" height is 6'1)
What about your other family members? any tall uncles, aunts or grandparents? If you don't have any tall family members then you probably never had the genes to be "tall".

Again, there is no universal standart for human hight. So being tall or short is only relative to where you live.
Old 2013-06-20, 08:29   Link #15
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Mostly done, but not completely done. I still wouldn't expect more than one more inch at most, though.
Old 2013-06-20, 08:35   Link #16
VGAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
What is you sex? If you are a female then 5'3 is an ok height. (depends on where you're from)
Where are you from? The average hight is different in each country, and region. (e.g. I'm from a region in Holland where the "average" height is 6'1)
What about your other family members? any tall uncles, aunts or grandparents? If you don't have any tall family members then you probably never had the genes to be "tall".

Again, there is no universal standart for human hight. So being tall or short is only relative to where you live.
My mom is 5'4, my dad, uncle, and I think my grandfather are all 5'8, and my maternal grandfather was 5'11.

Then again, none of them were born prematurely.

Last edited by VGAddict; 2013-06-20 at 08:54.
Old 2013-06-20, 14:36   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm assuming you're male.

Males don't stop growing until they're around 25 or 26. You should get another growth spurt (or possibly two) before you completely stop growing.

Acne also isn't a sign of puberty; it just means you have oily skin and clogged pores. Go see a dermatologist so you don't end up with facial scarring.
What syn says (for both matters). You aren't "done growing" at 21. How much extra you grow may vary though.

Also, my older son is 5'5" (thanks to mom's family genetic input, she's 4'11") and my young son is 6'0" (my genes). Neither seems to have trouble attracting romantic companions, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 2013-06-20, 14:50   Link #18
VGAddict

I just thought of something: What if when I try to get a job, my potential employer searches me and finds all the posts about me worrying about my height?
Old 2013-06-20, 14:51   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

if you are read desperate, you can try breaking your legs and lengthening it that way.

http://theweek.com/article/index/224...-surgery-craze
Old 2013-06-20, 14:59   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I just thought of something: What if when I try to get a job, my potential employer searches me and finds all the posts about me worrying about my height?
That's only an issue if you tell him your online nick - which they have no legal business wanting. Now if you ranted about it on FaceBook, it might be an oops if you have your posts set global.

But seriously, you probably don't want to work for someone that would make your concern about height part of the selection process. They probably make all their decisions with as much stupidity.