AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-06-14, 11:15   Link #7021
XFire
150% done

Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear
Old 2022-06-14, 12:06   Link #7022
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Even so, he can just outlast the opponent (then again, Byaku Shiki ISN'T a good IS.)
If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear
I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 15:17   Link #7023
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?

I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.
Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"
Old 2022-06-15, 11:23   Link #7024
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"
Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.
Old 2022-06-16, 10:29   Link #7025
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.
The whole series is basically:

"Tabane NO!!!!"

"Tabane YES!!"

Also, Ichika is not smart bookwise, but he is good on critical thinking and developing strategies on the fly.

Again, if Byaku Shiki didn't have that leaking energy for his Yukihira, he would be top tier.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 17:50   Link #7026
Chaos-Zero

This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2022-06-29 at 18:03.
Old 2022-07-02, 15:39   Link #7027
blitz1/2

Quote:
This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?
Complete reboot lol.

Old 2022-07-02, 17:30   Link #7028
MaskedRider

Quote:
Complete reboot lol.

Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.
MaskedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 19:17   Link #7029
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.
Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)

Old 2022-07-02, 23:29   Link #7030
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)
So

Subtracting 70% of the story then

I kid, I kid
Old 2022-07-03, 17:20   Link #7031
Mazryonh

Quote:
At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:55   Link #7032
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.
Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending
Old 2022-07-04, 17:16   Link #7033
blitz1/2

Quote:
Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending
Give me a moment to write out Sacred Twins as the IS reboot, and watch the franchise flourish! xD

Old 2023-07-11, 21:22   Link #7034
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So Izuru is a VTuber now: https://www.youtube.com/@yumizuru_izuru3429/streams
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 05:45   Link #7035
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
We’re never getting that god damned last book, are we?
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen