AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-05, 21:53   Link #1
superbike81

Looking for anime for babies/kids.

I live in Japan, wife is Japanese, I'm American, and we want to make sure our infant son gets exposure to Japanese and English. When all the kids shows are on, he's at an American daycare, so he doesn't get to see any of the Japanese TV shows.

So I'm looking for some recommendations of shows similar to "Okaasan To Issho" and where I can actually download them. I'm looking for full episodes, not just clips that are on YouTube. I want to be able to download them so I can load them on our HTPC so my wife and son can watch them any time they want.

Seems like all of the anime sites I have found just have more adult oriented anime, every time I search for something related to kids anime or shows for Japanese babies, I get no results. But I get 6 million hits for High School of The Dead, haha.

So just looking for suggestions for places to download any anime for infants/kids.

Thanks!
Old 2011-01-05, 22:37   Link #2
shtanimerocks
he who pwns all
*Author

here some links for anime for kids

1) http://www.abcb.com/parents/apga_01.htm(the first link is a list of anime rated g but there just reviews so read them first to see what you think)

2) http://www.animefreak.tv/book (this link shows a list of what kind of animes they have on the site you can also browse by genre on the site also)

3) http://www.real.com/realplayer/search (this program lets you down load any video or movie you are watching on your computer i use all the time to download stuff and it doesn't take much memory to download)
you should also watch the anime first few episodes to see if its appropriate or not
hope that helps

you're all f@#$%& now!!
Old 2011-01-05, 22:57   Link #3
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This thread also belongs in the Suggestion Thread.
Old 2011-01-05, 23:01   Link #4
superbike81

Sorry, I did a search and I've been looking around, but I didn't think the suggestion thread would be appropriate. But I appreciate the responses.

If the thread needs to be moved, please feel free to.

Thanks! I'll check those sites out.
Old 2011-01-06, 09:28   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Take a look at these threads: http://forums.animesuki.com/tags.php?tag=children
Old 2011-01-06, 09:59   Link #6
kitten320

Umm well... remembering my childhood... a lot of shows that I watched weren't that kid like
I mean there was always action and fights... like Spiderman, X-men... So it is a bit hard for me to say what would suit for your child...

Though when I was completly a kid, I was obessed with Tom & Jerry 0_0
However, don't know any animes like that...

I think Sonic X would do quiet well.
Obviouse names would be Pokemon and Digimon which probably almost everyone were watching as kids...

K-on maybe? Pretty innocent series in my opinion... well we do have characters in swimsuits several times but nothing major...

Sadly can't come up with anything else...

How old is your child exactly?
Old 2011-01-06, 15:26   Link #7
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Umm well... remembering my childhood... a lot of shows that I watched weren't that kid like
I mean there was always action and fights... like Spiderman, X-men... So it is a bit hard for me to say what would suit for your child...

Though when I was completly a kid, I was obessed with Tom & Jerry 0_0
However, don't know any animes like that...

I think Sonic X would do quiet well.
Obviouse names would be Pokemon and Digimon which probably almost everyone were watching as kids...

K-on maybe? Pretty innocent series in my opinion... well we do have characters in swimsuits several times but nothing major...

Sadly can't come up with anything else...

How old is your child exactly?
Probably Pokemon and Digimon.

Given that his kid is still in daycare, I don't he/she would understand or enjoy K-ON! .
Old 2011-01-06, 15:55   Link #8
kitten320

^Yeh I also thought about that... but who knows, kids are quiet advanced nowadays
Besides I even now sometimes watch shows for nice humour or action without understanding how of what is happening
Old 2011-01-06, 16:25   Link #9
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Chi's Sweet Home.
Old 2011-01-06, 16:46   Link #10
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Maybe Hanamaru Youchien? I remember it's mostly focused on kindergarteners, seems to be a similar age to your child. I'm not sure whether it's perfectly suited for kids or not, but I can assure you it's no Crayon Shin-Chan.
Old 2011-01-06, 16:56   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll second syn's recommendation of Chi's Sweet Home. It's charming, funny, and sometimes quite heart-warming (Blackie FTW). I found the Japanese release by searching amazon.co.jp for "chi's sweet home dvd". Each disk appears to have 12 episodes, since the running times are 36 minutes each. There are 104 three-minute episodes in season one, and another 104 in season two. That season is available at Crunchyroll, though it might not be visible in Japan. Season one was never released in the US, but the fansub links here were removed anyway after a request from the Japanese producer.

There's also a manga series for bedtime reading.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:00   Link #12
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I think My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo are perfect for young kids. Can't think of anything better!
Old 2011-01-07, 04:29   Link #13
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
My Neighbor Totoro
I second this.

Also, Squid Girl is a funny series with very simple, easy to understand humor. I think its simplicity combined with its short 7-minute episodes makes it easy for children to digest. Very little knowledge of Japanese culture is needed for this series as well. The only arguably inappropriate content in this show comes from the character Sanae for her questionable lust over Ika Musume, but it's nothing graphic.
Old 2011-01-07, 13:20   Link #14
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Thirding Chi's Sweet Home and adding The Adventures of Mini-Goddess.
Old 2011-01-10, 23:04   Link #15
Naiwen

Perhaps Sugar Sugar Rune, a magical girl genre.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:47   Link #16
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

lol I don't think your son will understand K-ON! It was made I gauss for All-ages but the target was for teens. When your son gets older about 13-16 he can understand K-ON!! and chances are He's gonna start wanting to play an Instrument Pokemon or something like that would be nice will since hes a boy, give him more Boyish stuff to watch sorry but I wouldn't recommend the magical girl genre thats something my sister liked and i hated when i was 5-6 years old lol
Closed Thread