AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 23:26   Link #181
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Terrible.

Old 2012-06-24, 23:47   Link #182
sky black swordman

Oh yeah I forgot something how is mikono going to react to the fact that Zessica beat her to the punch and kissed Amata first. And it was his first kiss too.
Old 2012-06-25, 00:49   Link #183
Destined_Fate

First confession too. Those first things sealed the deal for poor Zessica. If she was as useless as Mikono and didn't say how she felt than maybe Amata wouldn't have taken her for granted. Amata, or at least Evol made him out to be, is the type that wants to protect and make the decisions for his woman. Since Zessica can take care of herself and isn't as dumb as a block means she's a huge turn off because she isn't high maintenance which is a must.

Apparently.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-25 at 01:00.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:19   Link #184
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
First confession too. Those first things sealed the deal for poor Zessica. If she was as useless as Mikono and didn't say how she felt than maybe Amata wouldn't have taken her for granted. Amata, or at least Evol made him out to be, is the type that wants to protect and make the decisions for his woman. Since Zessica can take care of herself and isn't as dumb as a block means she's a huge turn off because she isn't high maintenance which is a must.

Apparently.
Good to see I'm not the only one to notice the very obnoxious sexism here.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:09   Link #185
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Credit goes to Tenka Seiha

http://tenka.seiha.org/2012/06/aquar...ove-backwards/
Old 2012-06-25, 02:14   Link #186
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Dang, Zessica and Kagura were done dirty. I guess this is what happens when all you're doing is trolling the audience, it just ends up a mess.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:15   Link #187
Misslaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Don't you just love how the character with the purest feelings that actually did stuff for the person she loved... to the very last... actually got jack shit for it all.

Seriously they should have saved zessica for another series she pretty much ruined this one being the perfect incarnation of what they tried to do with the protagonist, I will give them a 10 for execution and a 0 for continuity givin us a total of 5 because most of the actions of the characters made no sense compared with their previous actions.
This is exactly what I thought, give her some happiness Kawamori
Old 2012-06-25, 02:39   Link #188
Destined_Fate

It seems that Evol will have to wait far longer to get in a SRW game. Since I just remembered that Touma confirms that Apollo in Z Verse is Apollonius(This was before the troll reveal that Evol gave us) and releases his grudge. At the end of Z the Aquarion is sealed but Touma senses that Apollonius(Apollo) will be needed to confront the true Big Bad(Baal) that he unseals Aquarion in Z Special Disk so that Apollonius(Apollo) and co. can fight. So no Evol for Z3 unless they do another World jump which was a given anyway(12,000 years). Though they have way too many things to do on the ZEXIS planet(Mostly movies of current series) that another planet jump isn't feasible.

Also, those that has seen the OVA. Anyone notice how contradictory it was to the series? Apollonius had Scorpius there with them because the love between Celiane and him was too great to control. Which Apollo than remembers, and confirms, that he's Apollonius(After they destroy the world on accident because of the love between Apollonius(Apollo) and Celiane(Silvia)) and explains why Reika is needed to remake the world - to keep the love of the destined lovers in check. Yet in the series Apollo is inside the Aquarion with both Celiane halves and things go find.

The OVA also makes no sense if Apollo = Pollon since a lot of the flashbacks literally didn't have Pollon in them at all. Especially the Apollonius and Scorpious Flashbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Good to see I'm not the only one to notice the very obnoxious sexism here.
Well, I've watched anime since I was a kid. I can't help it when I see stuff like that happening(Which is sad because it shows that a lot in the Anime industry have learned nothing from the past). Though to be fair they didn't even try and hide the sexism at all in this over the better treatment given to Useless Mikono and all the abuse thrown at Useful Zessica.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:22   Link #189
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Zessica/Kagura? What? Granted they are both much more badass than their counterparts, but talk about pulling one out of your ass.

Best part of the episode by far was Andy finally getting the chance to combine with Mix
Old 2012-06-25, 03:25   Link #190
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Great episode but I feel there a few unresolved issues with Kagura and Zessica.

But on the plus side I got to see what Mikono looks like with her hair down .
She looks better like that.
Well that opinion.

Who else thinks she looks better with hair like that?

To be honest I reminds me of sylive :P i think its what they were going for with her hair down. but she does look better like that
Old 2012-06-25, 03:46   Link #191
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Anyone know the name of the song they played during the credits at the end of the show?
Old 2012-06-25, 03:55   Link #192
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
Anyone know the name of the song they played during the credits at the end of the show?
It was Genesis of Aquarion. Not to be confused with Sousei no Aquarion (which translates to Genesis of Aquarion), the actual 1st series OP. One title being in Japanese and the other being in English is intended to tell you the difference, since Sousei is fully Japanese and Genesis has English lyrics in it.

As for the episode, I went into this series rooting for AmataxMikono, so I'm damn satisfied enough seeing it happen with no Okada True Tears trolling or Kawamori bittersweet split-ups for the heck of it. It was enough to let me watch the series go with enough of a smile.

Despite all the flaws this series had in the latter part of it, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie/OVA alternate retelling/alternate universe somewhere down the line.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:03   Link #193
NeoChan
Banned

This is ridiculous. How come the poll says that Aquarion EVOL has more positive feedbacks while majority of the posters here says negatively?
Old 2012-06-25, 04:11   Link #194
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

No bittersweet ending? What is this witchcraft? Who kidnapped Kawamori and replaced him with a clone?

Seriously speaking though, I think the direction towards a happy end is because of Okada. Hopefully their other collaboration will be as happy as this one.

Overall though, it wasn't too bad. While I still don't like Mikono as a heroine (seriously, what did she do for the entire series?), and I'm still WTF with Apollonius setting up his girlfriend with his dog in the original Aquarion, this season of Aquarion as a whole was still enjoyable. It had it's fun moments, sad scenes, and of course, over-the-top super robot action; was an enjoyable ride while it lasted.

Certainly not gonna be anywhere in the top of my list, but at least I didn't feel like I wasted my time like with the original Aquarion.

As for Zessica, I dunno, but the moment she gave Kagura a piece of his own medicine ("kuso otoko" indeed), something CLICKED in me. She might be depressed in the end with the group photos and all, but who's to say that her feeling won't change in the future.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-06-25, 04:50   Link #195
MikeFudo

Thumbs up

Honestly I'm glad there was a happy ending and imo it wasn't so bad.
I just didn't like how Fudo (Apollonius) reacted in the end, I mean I thought he was in love with Celiane (Silvia/Mikono) but looks like he just doesn't give a buck.

Too bad they didn't tell much about Rena the chairman, though I hope to see some OVA about her, also another alternative story OVA wouldn't be a bad idea, the first once was really nice.

Since 1) there was a happy ending 2) the story wasn't so bad 3) I liked the drawing style of this anime and 4) the soundtrack was amazing, it's my favourite serie of the year (until now) and for me it deserves a 9/10.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:50   Link #196
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

My favorite part of the whole show :], this scene did will with the music they put in from the original show
Old 2012-06-25, 04:54   Link #197
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
This is ridiculous. How come the poll says that Aquarion EVOL has more positive feedbacks while majority of the posters here says negatively?
Silent majority.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:00   Link #198
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Finally got around to watching the ep, it went the way i expected it to, like many i didn't like the way Zessica was left depressed but am i the only one who didn't like the fact that AQ got so big? i was looking forward to a fight like the one at the end of genesis with both Aquarions beating the crap out of each other instead AQ just used beam/fist spam without moving around all that much.
I really loved the first half of this show but when Jin died it felt like the show went with him.
Who knows maybe the directors cut may improve my opinion on the end but only time will tell (Still intend to buy the BD/DVD when they come out in Australia).
Old 2012-06-25, 05:06   Link #199
hai_san

LOL Aquarion LOVE !!! hahaha havent laugh so much in a long time. The Character developement was awfull for Amata, Zessica also Mikono but at least there was a somewhat happy ending for the show. I dont dont think there is that much to complain... Amata & Mikono, Mikage & Apollonius, Zessica & Kagura??? perhaps they will also get a happy end.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:30   Link #200
bastek66

You now realize this can be also Kagura
Spoiler for kawamori you sick bastard:
Closed Thread