AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-21, 18:08   Link #61
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Actually, didn't Luffy inexplicably catch on fire while fighting Akainu and we saw Ace's spirit or something? Maybe that's what they meant by "inherit".
Old 2013-02-21, 18:12   Link #62
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Speaking of promotions, I wonder what rank Sentoumaru is. He's definitely VA caliber as a fighter, at least.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:20   Link #63
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I agree he would be in that rank too.

Update: Changed the quote, because it was the wrong one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It's been two years. Others are sure to have joined their ranks by now.
Admirals
I don't think there is anyone we know of in the vice Admiral rank except for Garp. Second all three( Akoiji, Kizaru, and Akainu) were vice admirals 22 years ago. They have considerable experience has a high ranking officer already. I think they are going to need someone from the outside or Oda going have to create one. Hopefully Oda creates new admirals because I don't see any of the present one becoming Admiral over the two year time skip. Finally Admiral is a special rank, it belong to the exceptional people. It is also one rank below Fleet Admiral. I hope Oda won't put any vice Admirals we know in that rank.

Future Admirals
I think when Luffy becomes Pirate King Smoker, Coby, and X Drake will be admiral during that time. There will have to be at least another time skip possibly 20 year skip.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-02-21 at 19:11. Reason: Made an update.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:44   Link #64
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ The Vice Admirals are next in line for a promotion to admiral status, though. They, too, have had years of battle experience and are all proficient with Haki. Moreover, admiral is a rank you really have to work for, and the VAs we know of have more than proven themselves in that regard.

Keep in mind that we have yet to see the full capabilities of the VAs. Perhaps some of them are bordering on admiral level unbeknownst to us. Onigumo, in particular, has this powerful and commanding presence to him. And his feats/missions (sneaking behind Marco and seastone cuffing him; personally picking up Ace from Impel Down) indicate he's no ordinary VA.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:52   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

@grey_1960: You quote me, but you don't seem to be addressing anything I said in it.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:53   Link #66
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^Answered wrong quote my mistake
This is the quote i was responding to. I will change it above has an update.
Quote:
It's been two years. Others are sure to have joined their ranks by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ The Vice Admirals are next in line for a promotion to admiral status, though. They, too, have had years of battle experience and are all proficient with Haki. Moreover, admiral is a rank you really have to work for, and the VAs we know of have more than proven themselves in that regard.

Keep in mind that we have yet to see the full capabilities of the VAs. Perhaps some of them are bordering on admiral level unbeknownst to us. Onigumo, in particular, has this powerful and commanding presence to him. And his feats/missions (sneaking behind Marco and seastone cuffing him; personally picking up Ace from Impel Down) indicate he's no ordinary VA.
^Fitting the role
Experience is one thing but being able to fill the role is another. None of them are qualified in my view. Especially after seeing what the Admirals did at Marine Ford and Punk Hazard. Even Garp in his old age is stronger then any of the vice Admirals we know of. I don't discount the accomplishment some of the VA's have done but when you compare them to Garp(he passed up the promotion for Admiral couple of times), Sengoku, Akoiji, Kizaru, and Akainu. It give you a perspective of what to expect out of the Admiral Rank.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:55   Link #67
golgo13

My guess is that at least one admiral will be completely new. It will be interesting if a non-logia becomes an admiral, perhaps a promoted VA. Honestly don't know enough about current VAs to judge, although so far they don't seem to be the same caliber and the admirals pre-timeskip.
Old 2013-02-22, 00:57   Link #68
noktown

Quote:
Actually, didn't Luffy inexplicably catch on fire while fighting Akainu and we saw Ace's spirit or something? Maybe that's what they meant by "inherit".
Nah,I believe Oda's better than that.
Old 2013-02-22, 03:06   Link #69
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
what interests me most about the next arc is that current turn events is this is probably the first time in the entire story that Luffy's is acting as an aggressor. Every single arc in One piece until now has been Luffy and Co. coming to rescue X person(s) in trouble.
Old 2013-02-22, 09:50   Link #70
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
what interests me most about the next arc is that current turn events is this is probably the first time in the entire story that Luffy's is acting as an aggressor. Every single arc in One piece until now has been Luffy and Co. coming to rescue X person(s) in trouble.
Yes thats true. He is targeting the Yonko and realized an alliance will help him do so.

I wonder in the past when there was a pirate king where there also Yonko? I can't remember if this was mentioned before..

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-02-22 at 09:50. Reason: grammar
Old 2013-02-22, 10:08   Link #71
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
I wonder in the past when there was a pirate king where there also Yonko? I can't remember if this was mentioned before..
We've heard no mention of the system that was in place during Roger's time.

-----

Scratch out the Buster Call VAs from being promoted to admiral status. Film Z showed that they're still VAs. It looks as though Oda is going to bring in new characters for the admiral seats.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-02-22 at 10:29.
Old 2013-02-22, 13:40   Link #72
Rainbowman

Quote:
We've heard no mention of the system that was in place during Roger's time.

-----

Scratch out the Buster Call VAs from being promoted to admiral status. Film Z showed that they're still VAs. It looks as though Oda is going to bring in new characters for the admiral seats.
With what this chapter shows about Aokiji/Kuzan, he has become a vigilante that works for Akainu/Sakazuki. At least that's what I think.
Old 2013-02-22, 13:43   Link #73
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

I'm jelly of that Samurai child. Seriously. It was a decent chapter though.
Old 2013-02-22, 13:45   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:

Can we be completely certain about that, though? I mean, in Strong World Sengoku was still the FA despite the fact that roughly around that same time in the manga we saw him resign from his position shortly after the Marineford war. Maybe this will be a similar situation where one or two of the Buster Call VAs is still a VA in the movie but would later turn out to be an admiral in the manga.... or something.

Not that I object to the idea of completely new characters being admirals as well, but I still don't think we should rule out the buster call guys so soon.....
Old 2013-02-22, 14:24   Link #75
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
after getting to know luffy better. He is better off keeping Luffy and his crew where he can keep a eye on them
So true.. Both Usopp and Sanji have warned Law about Luffy's thoughts on an alliance..

I think at some point Luffy is gonna save Law's ass in a way he didn't have to, and he will do it because of how he believes an alliance should be. After that, Law is gonna develop even deeper respect for Luffy. A big part of the allegiance of his current crew is that fact that he will never leave behind or sacrifice a nakama.
Old 2013-02-22, 15:53   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Can we be completely certain about that, though? I mean, in Strong World Sengoku was still the FA despite the fact that roughly around that same time in the manga we saw him resign from his position shortly after the Marineford war. Maybe this will be a similar situation where one or two of the Buster Call VAs is still a VA in the movie but would later turn out to be an admiral in the manga.... or something.

Not that I object to the idea of completely new characters being admirals as well, but I still don't think we should rule out the buster call guys so soon.....
Good point. And to further substantiate that notion, film Z took place immediately after Fishman Island, so it's still possible possible one or two of the buster call VAs got promoted just before the Punk Hazard arc.

As for other candidates, Bogart, John Giant, and Tsuru, stand out. We were never told Bogart's rank, but being the right-hand man of Garp should be a good indicator of how strong he really is.
Old 2013-02-22, 23:09   Link #77
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Hahaha, didn't notice it when I read it!

So Bepo could be the Usopp of the Heart Pirates ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler for Usopp and Bepo are pitiful:
Old 2013-02-22, 23:10   Link #78
Karasuba~Maya
Oyashiro is watching you

LOL! Seriously didn't notice them in those posters. Good eye.
Old 2013-02-23, 08:08   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Usopp was in that poster from the start tho. Back when his first wanted poster was released.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:00   Link #80
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Closed Thread