AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 9 28.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 40.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-15, 10:00   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Cool, independence days for birthdays: Philippines for Rikka and Singapore for Deko.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-15, 10:11   Link #42
ellessarr
Banned

about yuuta and nibutani i think peoples are using too much ship glasses cuz their not at the same comom, the only thing in common their had was the fact who their where chunibuy hardcore in the past and tried to erase this but failed, their personality are completly different,.

yuuta started to develop a crush in toward nibutane as long she was hidding her true colors(her true personality), when yuuta finally discoreved her personality he discarded her from the "love possibility" cuz her sadic/crazy personality is not what yuuta was looking for, we see many times how her antics make him also a few disgusting over her, she even blackmailed him to help her with dekomori, yuuta and nibutani have near 0 chemistry, her somehow "bitch" side is too much for yuuta handle.
Old 2014-02-15, 10:21   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Nibutani just doesn't "feel it" for Yuuta. I think she made that clear in Season 1.

However, that doesn't mean she doesn't care about him at all. I do think she considers him a mostly Ok guy, but just not the guy for her. So she enjoys trying to help Rikka and him in their relationship.
Old 2014-02-15, 15:03   Link #44
The Green One

Yuuta is just a guy friend that Shinka is comfortable with. He can relate with her about their mutual chuni pasts, but he doesn't pick on/tease her about it. She doesn't feel a need to have any guard around him. Maybe if Yuuta and Rikka hadn't had such a history at this point she might of thought about it if we want to talk about what ifs, but I don't think Shinka is the kind of girl to make a play on someone else's boyfriend. Much less the boyfriend of one of her other friends.
Old 2014-02-15, 16:35   Link #45
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nibutani just doesn't "feel it" for Yuuta. I think she made that clear in Season 1.

However, that doesn't mean she doesn't care about him at all. I do think she considers him a mostly Ok guy, but just not the guy for her. So she enjoys trying to help Rikka and him in their relationship.
the better guy for nibutani could be a "male version" of dekomori, a one year younger than her blond spoiler brat, for then fight with "love", if dekomori was a guy rater than a girl their already be in love their even already have their first kiss

for me is more like neither nibutani is yuuta type of girl neither yuuta is nibutani type

yuuta like cute, childshi girls like rikka or the new pink girl while nibutani like hot headed/spoiler brats type like dekomori.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-02-15 at 17:41.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:17   Link #46
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
the better guy for nibutani could be a "male version" of dekomori, a one year younger than her blond spoiler brat, for then fight with "love",.
Or you could make Nibutani a male, since she's already such a good wingman, erase the useless Isshiki out of the story, and keep Dekomori a female. In this case, Nibutani and Dekomori will be the beta pairing of the story, who are always bickering like old married couples, but have not yet confessed to one another. And in a twist of events, Nibutani still becomes close friends with Satone in the third year of Middle School, and when Satone returns, she soon starts crushes on the Male Nibutani.

And so, the Wingman is the one who gets to experience the Love Triangle, rather than the Main Character.
Old 2014-02-15, 22:49   Link #47
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

I found this episode really slow overall
At least Rikka finally gave him a kiss on the cheek at the end, that was about high noon!
Looks like something interesting will happen next ep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Suffice to say, the level of cuteness there was quite hard to handle. Good to see that even the classmates (including Kazari) are there to back them up, so it does feel that Yuuta and Rikka aren't in their little world, as everyone else just see how painfully obvious they are an item, yet expect more things have happened.
This also extends to Shinka: it is refreshing that Shinka is also covered as a character, instead of the receiving end of jokes and the love advisor. At this rate, we might see Shinka trying to accept her chuuni like Yuuta did, instead of "accidentaly leaking it".
I think Shinka has already started accepting it. While they were on that lookout, I don't think her summoning of Himiko was accidentally. When Rikka started her chuuni action, she started hers as well to make Rikka look less strange and take the attention from her.

Quote:
My only nitpick would be that they should have put this episode as ep4 in term of timing as being already in midway is a tad too slow in my books (that and the fact they were dating for 6 months with nothing happening thus far is too much of a sketch... 3 months ok, but twice that period...)
Agree, that episode would've been placed better there.
Also, 6 months is indeed ludicously overstretching the time of nothing happening. That was probably picked arbitrarily for comedy purposes, but that's not funny anymore, it's just sad and pathetic
Even 3 months would already be ridiculously long, but perhaps, with Rikka's condition, they might still be understandable.

Quote:
Now, it makes me wonder how Satone's role will go on: we have like 6-7 episodes left, and I sure hope we won't have a shoehorned triangle (avorted early by Satone's claim, thankfully) or drama. But for a major new character, she is falling behind way too fast, which is a shame since she is a good addition (whereas Kumin and Makoto are being already beyond the sidelines).
Yes, Satone really is a nice addition, so I wonder why they let her fall completely under the table so far. Her introduction was nicely done, but why introduce her, just to pretty much have her dispappear from sight again right afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I was surprised there were no panties shots in that scene where Dekomori was balancing herself on the window seal. I've been following too many ecchi/harem shows :-S
I was very disappointed as well about no Deko pantsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Although I did like the scene where Rikka gave Yutta a Peek on the cheek and the scene where Yutta is like come to the bed Rikka ;-) . MY favourite scene in this episode is still the end where they seal the mountain, it's just the Chuunibyou in me is like, nope that's still pretty awesome, so envious of them.
That scene was fine, as it means that they're finally really getting closer... here's hoping they won't need another six months until they do a real kiss on the lips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
If there are a number in someone mail address, it's usually their birthday right?

Season 1 - Episode 5
http://i.imgur.com/ivveP93.jpg

Rikka's (previous) mail address is rikka0612@siftbank.ne.jp. The number 0612 in that mail address could mean "6th December" or "June 12th". For now, let's go with June 12th and assume that was actually Rikka birthday. Not some random number or someone else birthday.

Now pay attention to the calendar in this episode.

http://i.imgur.com/K2HGdEzl.jpg

See the circled date. It's June 12th. The third day of the School trip. If our guess is right, then the circled date is Rikka's birthday...

http://i.imgur.com/Uvj2Yacl.jpg
Good observation. In Japan, the month always comes before the day, unlike here, where we would say 12th June -> 1206.
So that important day is indeed Rikka's birthday.
Old 2014-02-16, 01:07   Link #48
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The scene of Yuuta and Rikka in the bed, omg... My heart, I couldn't take it. I mean, I knew they wouldn't, but geez... So cute. And the peck on the cheek pretty much was the final arrow through the heart. Those cuties. I just wanna mush their heads together so badly!

I wonder what Yuuta will do for Rikka's birthday...
Old 2014-02-17, 19:28   Link #49
AstroNerdBoy

As an aside, does anyone know the places that they visited on the school trip? I was thinking they might have gone to Huis Ten Bosch on the first day. Unfortunately, I can't find that specific, European-styled garden/building/palace in Huis Ten Bosch, even though it is in Kyuushuu along with their other, confirmed destinations.

*sigh* I hate getting distracted by these things, but once I want to know something, I want to know something. ^_^;

The second stop of the school trip was the Yoshinogari Historical Park. Next time I'm in Japan, I'm going here for sure. ^_^;

They spent the night in Kagoshima.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Last edited by AstroNerdBoy; 2014-02-17 at 21:28. Reason: Updated with new info
Old 2014-02-17, 22:08   Link #50
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
As an aside, does anyone know the places that they visited on the school trip? I was thinking they might have gone to Huis Ten Bosch on the first day. Unfortunately, I can't find that specific, European-styled garden/building/palace in Huis Ten Bosch, even though it is in Kyuushuu along with their other, confirmed destinations.
Those European building things looked massively out of place

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
*sigh* I hate getting distracted by these things, but once I want to know something, I want to know something. ^_^;

The second stop of the school trip was the Yoshinogari Historical Park. Next time I'm in Japan, I'm going here for sure. ^_^;

They spent the night in Kagoshima.
Shinka trying to channel Himiko fit right in with the Yoshinogari Park.
Old 2014-02-18, 16:37   Link #51
Gundamx

about Nibutani yuri flag -> if you didn't watch yuri ova -> you will think same
(in s1 she was in same place as yuuta -> make their relation stronger)
Old 2014-02-18, 23:56   Link #52
Frontier

As someone who enjoys Yuuta and Rikka as a couple, while also finding them tremendously cute, I'm fine with the focus the relationship is getting. Ultimately, I do expect things to "fast-forward" for the pair, whether it be because of their growing feelings for one another, Satone, their friends' goading, or even all of the above. If that's what Kyoani is ultimately going for, then I'll be perfectly content with what lies ahead for the show. Though I would also welcome the rest of the cast getting at least a little bit more spotlight before this season ends .

I don't think there's anything wrong with them being embarrassed about their relationship around others, though I think it's more a cultural thing than having to do with Rikka's Chuunibyou. You'll be hard-pressed to find an official couple in anime that are very openly affectionate after getting together, especially in front of their fellow classmates. Holding Hands in public is a major accomplishment unto itself .

That kiss .

The cuteness of it was just to die for !

I was hoping it would be on the lips, knew it would be to much to ask for, and was in the end satisfied .

I liked the "love gurus" words in regards to how some people give off the air of having a significant other, when in reality they don't. And speaking of, now that her campaign for student council president is dead in the water, there should be nothing preventing Nibutani from getting a boyfriend now. Well, except for maybe Dekomori .

Poor Ishiki... just, poor Ishiki .

ices, nice catch with the calendar .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-19 at 13:20.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:36   Link #53
SeanJD

I also want the relationship to advance further and I was so happy seeing Rikka give a light kiss to Yuuta on the cheek. I have been so rooting for them since the very beginning. It was very endearing that Nibutani was helping Yuuta for him to make some developments with Rikka as some given point. I want things to work out between them but some things can happen at any given time.
Old 2014-02-19, 23:40   Link #54
SamCurt

What I think: it is completely for Yuuta/Rikka to be that slow. At least now I see their relationship is somehow akin to Sorata/Mashiro in Sakura-sou; Yuuta spent more of his effort to deal with Rikka's underlying issues rather than romance. Of course the "Rikka duty" is far less a chore compared to the "Mashiro duty," I think Yuuta is more concerned about whether Rikka is really emotionally prepared for romance.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:06   Link #55
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
What I think: it is completely for Yuuta/Rikka to be that slow. At least now I see their relationship is somehow akin to Sorata/Mashiro in Sakura-sou; Yuuta spent more of his effort to deal with Rikka's underlying issues rather than romance. Of course the "Rikka duty" is far less a chore compared to the "Mashiro duty," I think Yuuta is more concerned about whether Rikka is really emotionally prepared for romance.
No, I'd say that it's completely different from Sorata/Mashiro here.
While Mashiro has much more issues, and clearly more severe at that, she's also very different from Rikka in that Mashiro has absolutely no sense of embarrassment or shyness whatsoever. So something could've happened there, if Sorata had been really interested in Mashiro.

The problem with Rikka and Yuuta is that, while they're both interested in each other, they both have a massive amount of embarrassment and shyness and don't quite know what to do next.
Old 2014-02-23, 10:07   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Rikka and Yuuta relationship development episode. Wow, Rikka might be shy when her relationship with Yuuta is mentioned in public, but she sure has guts going into a boy's bedroom during the trip.

Episode end with the two of them going on a date. hmm, I do wonder if Satone would somehow barge in on their date on episode 7.
Old 2014-02-26, 17:46   Link #57
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-03-13, 22:27   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Watching this episode makes me experience what chocolate feels like under the sun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread