AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-08-26, 13:46   Link #1
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well-known games that one might miss.

Seeing how I had forgotten all about the Dragon Quest franchise until last week, when I got DQ4 on my phone (and later remembered that I had owned DQ8 on my PS2, but for the life of me, I can't remember what happened to the DVD as I never got to finish the game), I hereby request of you the following:

Any successful or, by your judgement, highly recommended game franchise or solo title that, for whatever reason, someone might not be familiar with. This includes what some people may consider to be "obvious", as advertisement and availability differ, depending on where you live. Yes, it's a very generic request, but that's what the gaming world has come to.

That being said, I've played (off the top of my head):

Spoiler for it turned out to be a loooong list:

There's also about 1,500 AMIGA games and the MAME32 set along with whatever abandonware I've emulated, but I won't go into that. I've probably missed a few titles that I'm aware of, but please don't be afraid to post nonetheless. Suggestions don't have to be like the games I've posted and can be for any console, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2015-08-26 at 15:00.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 14:52   Link #2
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Seeing how I had forgotten all about the Dragon Quest franchise until last week, when I got DQ4 on my phone (and later remembered that I had owned DQ8 on my PS2, but for the life of me, I can't remember what happened to the DVD as I never got to finish the game), I hereby request of you the following:

Any successful or, by your judgement, highly recommended game franchise or solo title that, for whatever reason, someone might not be familiar with. This includes what some people may consider to be "obvious", as advertisement and availability differ, depending on where you live. Yes, it's a very generic request, but that's what the gaming world has come to.

That being said, I've played (off the top of my head):

Spoiler for it turned out to be a loooong list:

There's also about 1,500 AMIGA games and the MAME32 set along with whatever abandonware I've emulated, but I won't go into that. I've probably missed a few titles that I'm aware of, but please don't be afraid to post nonetheless. Suggestions don't have to be like the games I've posted and can be for any console, thanks in advance.
two big ones you seem to be missing are the witcher series, and dead space ( first one only ). you've played demon/dark souls, but haven't mentioned bloodborne, also pretty excellent. also the kotor series (though I'm guessing you've already played them).
edit:
For something a bit different super meat boy and binding of isaac are pretty good.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 15:06   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ah yes, I've played the witcher and bloodborne; I count the latter in the souls franchise as a spin-off. I haven't played the kotor series though, so that's one! I also forgot to mention, I've got a LV27 account on Kongregate, so I've already played a large number of the available flash games. Still, feel free to post the ones that caught your attention...except TDs, because I can safely say I've played ALL of them.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote