AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 04:17   Link #661
Pilly
Anime watcher

so i just marathoned all 12 episodes and i'm still so freaken confused.....
too many characters, too many factions, so many different things!! ah!!

Spoiler for ep12, and a question:
Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 04:29   Link #662
ReddyRedWolf

As the name suggest they are Shadow Mirror. A Mirror universe organization.

These may help put you up to speed on characters, mecha, organizations and terminology.

http://srwog.velv.net/
http://superrobotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Super_Robot_Wars

As the name suggest this is Super Robot Wars, well there are also Real Robots.

SRW OG only has Banpresto original mecha and characters. Most of SRW is a mish-mash of different mecha anime.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 04:38   Link #663
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilly View Post

Spoiler for ep12, and a question:
Have you watched Super Robot Wars OG Divine Wars or read the summary at the first page? You can recognize the chara if you already watch OG 1 because this series is the sequel

@ReddyRedWolf : those link contain heavy spoiler for OG2, it even has spoiler for OGG
Lee Linjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:44   Link #664
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Next Episode will answer the question about Shadow Mirror's origin.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:50   Link #665
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linjun View Post
@ReddyRedWolf : those link contain heavy spoiler for OG2, it even has spoiler for OGG

I agree. those links contain a lot of spoiler for those who didn't play the game
maybe it should at least put on spoiler tag or warning because it not only contain chara background story, but also spoiler for OG2 story and event after that

as for the episode,
so seolla forgot about arado but didn't forget his bust joke
the machinery children are somewhat... scary. I mean they looks like a cute shota-bait boy on OG games...
code: ATA! it's was executed nicely and kyosuke's wrath after that is great ("this isn't revenge, but you're going to pay!")
and I love to finally see Zweizergain

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2010-12-20 at 08:40.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 08:55   Link #666
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...Man, I can't believe I never found this thread.

So I'm up to Episode 12. Thoughts so far on the series:

so far, I'm really liking how everything is flowing, in contrast to Divine Wars; Divine Wars tried to do a faithful adaptation of Ryusei's route in OG1, but the problem is that games are always more fun when you're playing rather than when you watch someone. Also, OG2 had a number of fairly useless story decisions: go to moon, come back, go here, come back... here they've attempted to streamline the adaptation to what's practical. In the words of TV Tropes I'd say this is a Pragmatic Adaptation Distillation.

Crowning Moments of Awesome: Gespenst Kick, Exbein rollout, Trombe override, Astelion Debut and Royal Heart Breaker. Which I saw, facepalmed, facepalmed some more, and yet laughed delightedly at.

Oh, and of course Axel vs Beowulf from Episode 1. While OG2 used Dark Knight, the epicness went up with the use of So Close Yet So Far.

Current thoughts: I think it's appropriate that Chaos wasn't used for Zweizergain's debut; from what the show has been showing, apart from the remixes of Steel Beowulf as Kyosuke's leitmotif, the themes only kick in when something awesome happens. Since Vindel's been just standing around... so yeah.

Axel appears less of a blood knight that in OG2, given that he can recognise that Kyosuke isn't the same Beowulf (well, after having a good night's rest and thinking over things); on the other hand he's definitely eager for a good scrap.

Nobody who played OG2 or OGS is worried about Lamia. I note though, that depending on how you interpret her battle encounter with Axel, she may or may not have achieved the secret conditions for Vysaga (if we count the engagement in Ep 11 continuing to Ep 12 as one, or two encounters).

Interesting For Want Of A Nail with Ibis and Sleigh; in OG2, Ibis was never shot down at TLI, so Sleigh had time to go poking around, see Astelion, throw a hissy fit and run off, and then shoot down Ibis when she came to try and get Sleigh to come back. Here, Ibis is shot down at TLI, so Sleigh is handy to rub into her face her moniker and doesn't go poking around at Astelion; then when Sleigh's depressed and all, Ratsel's around to give a guiding hand... and if a certain wall-breaking Crowning Moment of Awesome occurs much like it did, she'll have a hand in something she was never able to do in OG2...

All in all, 12 eps in, I feel a lot happier watching this series than VC or Divine Wars. I'm just worried that they'll run out of time and episodes to wrap up everything.

But seeing the Machinery Children for the first time... goddamn cockblockers. Can't wait for their comeuppance.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:53   Link #667
Kraker2k

Quote:
I'm just worried that they'll run out of time and episodes to wrap up everything.
We are up to about stage 26 of OG2, but there are elements that have been left out, such as the Einst slowly starting to creep in and we havent seen the Chokijin yet. I suspect the anime wants to get the Shadow Mirror/School/Plantagenet stuff out of the way quickly.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:24   Link #668
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm surprised they left out Einst slowly appearing and few a bit important battles. SRX ''thingy'' should have happened already but it looks like they will move it for later...?

Ah, I'm still a bit behind, should find a way to watch the last few episodes as reading summary is a pain =)
Old 2010-12-20, 12:09   Link #669
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Spoiler for to be safe from future events:

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-12-21 at 14:54. Reason: Let's not spoil it for everyone...
Old 2010-12-20, 22:54   Link #670
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

@Wild Goose
I understand that you like the show and also played the game. but we have a certain rule here about spoiler of future event

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I got to step in and remind all the game players out there to try and curb your enthusiasm about posting any spoilers of events not covered in the anime yet (as per the forum spoiler policy).

(though to be truthful, I didn't get handle on what's going on until I read a few of the SRW pages on TVTropes (especially the OG character pages))

And, yes, I've spoiled myself about some of the upcoming events...
just a reminder though, maybe you can put your post on spoiler tag
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:01   Link #671
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ah, noted. I'm from the Nanoha OC Thread, which has a more relaxed policy on spoilers

I believe in miracles.

Old 2010-12-21, 14:12   Link #672
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilly View Post
Here is from another forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy
Anyway, a quick run down of the factions in The Inspector:
1) The Federation, the united world government. Always being harassed by some rebel or alien group. Most of them are good people, the rest are assholes.
1a) Midcrid faction, or the legitimate democratic Federation government, are trying to find the most peaceful way to take down the DC and to negotiate a peace with the Inspectors. Doomed to fail, naturally.
1b) Graien faction, the hawks in the Federation, trying to kill everything as efficiently as possible to protect the Earth.
1c) Hagane and Hiryu Custom, our heroes, mostly good people and great pilots swept into the various wars for many different reasons. Most were test pilots with the one of a kind awesome mechs.
2) The Divine Crusaders, a group of people convinced that the Federation are too incompetent to deal with the alien threats, and so are trying to take matters into their own hands. Some of them are cool like Yuuki and Carla, some of them are fucking crazy like Archibald and are basically terrorists under a semi-legitimate front.
2a) The School, bringers of drama, a small group of psychotic scientists and their labrats operating under the banner of the Divine Crusaders.
2b) Vindel and Lemon, mysterious people who have machines from the future and have the rare teleportation technology. Funding the DC, but clearly have their own agenda.
3) The Inspectors. Civilisation Inspectors, investigated the Earth and Earthlings and found it lacking.
4) Rose. Owner of Isurugi Heavy Industries. Tries to pit all the above factions against each other for maximum profit.
5) Unknowns. Plant monsters.

And for reviews of ep 12
http://randomc.net/2010/12/21/super-...-inspector-12/

http://www.mania.com/super-robot-war...le_127095.html
Old 2010-12-21, 18:11   Link #673
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
OG2 was always a clusterfuck of enemy factions, so I suppose I can't blame people for getting confused. Comes down to a big 3, though: The Neo DC/Shadow Mirrors, the Inspectors and the Einst.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:14   Link #674
ReddyRedWolf

Well the United Colony Corps was pretty much useless now. Unlike DC with the Death of Bian, Maier actually left instructions just in case they were defeated.

Other known entities for mecha development are.

SRX Project based on Izu. Developers of the R-Types. Super Robot and Real Robots development.

Mao Industries based on the Moon Cradle. Pioneer of Personal Troopers, Real Robots.

Tesla Leict Institute or TLI for short based on the US. TLI are the developers of the Grungust series, Super Robots. Named after the famous scientist Nikola Tesla, though some call him MAD, a pioneer of wireless energy transfer and the first modern scientist to propose peace rays e.i. death ray or in scientific terms the Directed Energy Weapon a particle beam weapon or EM weapon. Though some credit Archimedes for the world's first solar death ray, it is still being debated if it happened or not.

Project TD (Terrestrial Dream) formerly associated with DC transferred to TLI after the war. Their goal is to develop space exploration mecha. Similar to the goal of Gundam Seed Stargazer. Its chief scientist Filio was the designer of the Lion, Calion, Fairlion and Astelion.

EOTI or Extra Overt Technology Institute was what DC was named before. Or rather their public face till they made open insurrection. EOTI was in charge of investigating Meteor 3 with all the alien technology in it. Found in Meteor 3 is Tronium, a radioactive material more powerful than uranium. Tronium is used on the Hagane and by the SRX Project. Two third's of EOTI/DC's budget was spent on Shu Shirakawa's Granzon.

Isurugi Industries were the manufacturers of the Lion series which also includes the Archibald's Gravilion which was based on the data of the Valsion and Grungust.

Masaki's Cybuster is made on Earth just not the surface. It came form the magi-tech underground world of La Gias. Shu Shirakawa is a native of La Gias. Masaki is chasing him around for revenge. The guy is a massive troll.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:05   Link #675
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I'm just really curious about next episode...
Spoiler:
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:28   Link #676
TGNail
Parody Monster

My only qualm with Ep12 was that they didn't play "Code:ATA" (Lamia Theme) when she was activating Code ATA.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:43   Link #677
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
My only qualm with Ep12 was that they didn't play "Code:ATA" (Lamia Theme) when she was activating Code ATA.
Copy paste a comment from /m/ :
"As for Lamia, it was her supposed death scene, so they opted for a more dramatic tune."

Lamia's theme is better used on event posted by W-General
Old 2010-12-22, 06:56   Link #678
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for my answer:
Old 2010-12-22, 13:11   Link #679
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linjun View Post
Copy paste a comment from /m/ :
"As for Lamia, it was her supposed death scene, so they opted for a more dramatic tune."

Lamia's theme is better used on event posted by W-General
Yes I agree. Very much looking forward. And I really hope they do show it next episode...because after all "Exile from Paradise" is the name of that stage.

Spoiler:
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:42   Link #680
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
Found someone who edited Ash to Ash into the scene, I re-upped it from NicoNico:
Spoiler for The Scene:

Tags
mecha, science fiction