AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-11, 05:23   Link #21
Thess

24 episodes (+0) is good news. I'm loving all the new visuals and merch I can waste my money on.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 12:32   Link #22
MCAL

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-march/.151471

It's been officially confirmed at 21 episodes now
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 17:48   Link #23
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-march/.151471

It's been officially confirmed at 21 episodes now
I take this as a good sign. An irregular number of episodes means they won't stretch or cut stuff out.
Old 2019-09-24, 18:02   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I take this as a good sign. An irregular number of episodes means they won't stretch or cut stuff out.
Looking at it this way, that's probably a good thing indeed.
Old 2019-10-05, 10:56   Link #25
bakato

One minute. The first minute of the episode assured me we were going to get everything the game gave us and more.
Old 2019-10-05, 13:09   Link #26
Frontier

"See all these fan-favorite Fate characters in these arcs we're skipping over? Doesn't that want to make you play the game? Oh, we are doing the one right before this one, just as a movie that will come out after this series has already ended" .

Man, Da Vinci is a hottie. Definitely a Fate gender-flip that I am not arguing against. And on-top of that she's voiced by the lovely Maaya Sakamoto alongside her husband as Roman. Now I just imagine them carpooling to the recording for this .

So is Lev going to show up to muck things up for our heroes, or have they already taken care of him by this point ?

Mash butt shot. Lucky Ritsuka getting to grab her waist and fall on top of her. Although he wasn't as lucky when Rin showed up .

So they basically confirm who the Servant was who Mash fused with like the audience should know it by now...and she now has her proper Noble Phantasm. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the story that will be covered in the movie ?

After First Order, I was wondering what they were going to do about Ritsuka's Command Seals. It's good that they can re-supply him with a complete set of three in case he needs them .

Really cool Mash action sequence .

Rin!? The heck is she doing here? Although while she looks and sounds the same, and still acts like the same haughty tsundere we know and love, it doesn't seem like it's actually her, especially with that immense level of power she demonstrated against the Demonic Beasts (although that shooting magic was similar to her style). She also looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so, especially in that outfit .

This is the Enkidu that was Gilgamesh's only true friend? They seem like polar opposite's personality-wise, which makes me really curious what their dynamic is like. Although just going by the beginning of the episode we can see that Gilgamesh really cared about him .

So...Humans and Servant's vs. Gods ?
Old 2019-10-05, 13:31   Link #27
Side-streetdog

I must say... director really like booty
First episode looking good so far
Good animation, good art, but generic. GoR look likes normal Saber

Still I don't know why they decided to air Babylonia before Camelot
It already spoiled by Mash NP for none FGO player

...Now how will they do with Eresh
Old 2019-10-05, 13:45   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
I must say... director really like booty
First episode looking good so far
Good animation, good art, but generic. GoR look likes normal Saber

Still I don't know why they decided to air Babylonia before Camelot
It already spoiled by Mash NP for none FGO player

...Now how will they do with Eresh
Yeah, non-player here, kind of an interesting experience .

I don't mind the booty though .
Old 2019-10-05, 13:47   Link #29
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm a Rin guy usually but the lack of zettai ryoki is disapointing here so I guess the absolute insanely cuteness of our kouhai Mashu will have to do.

And yeah, there I went and spoiled myself by watching this since I'm stuck at the beggining of Camelot in the game. Knowing who is the Servant Mashu merged with was something I was not expecting so quickly but at least now I've got that out of the way
Old 2019-10-05, 13:55   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm a Rin guy usually but the lack of zettai ryoki is disapointing here so I guess the absolute insanely cuteness of our kouhai Mashu will have to do.
Yeah, I guess it isn't really Rin without the black stockings, although her legs were still pretty nice ...especially when she spin kicked some monsters with them .
Old 2019-10-05, 14:23   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"See all these fan-favorite Fate characters in these arcs we're skipping over? Doesn't that want to make you play the game? Oh, we are doing the one right before this one, just as a movie that will come out after this series has already ended" .

Man, Da Vinci is a hottie. Definitely a Fate gender-flip that I am not arguing against. And on-top of that she's voiced by the lovely Maaya Sakamoto alongside her husband as Roman. Now I just imagine them carpooling to the recording for this .

So is Lev going to show up to muck things up for our heroes, or have they already taken care of him by this point ?

Mash butt shot. Lucky Ritsuka getting to grab her waist and fall on top of her. Although he wasn't as lucky when Rin showed up .

So they basically confirm who the Servant was who Mash fused with like the audience should know it by now...and she now has her proper Noble Phantasm. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the story that will be covered in the movie ?

After First Order, I was wondering what they were going to do about Ritsuka's Command Seals. It's good that they can re-supply him with a complete set of three in case he needs them .

Really cool Mash action sequence .

Rin!? The heck is she doing here? Although while she looks and sounds the same, and still acts like the same haughty tsundere we know and love, it doesn't seem like it's actually her, especially with that immense level of power she demonstrated against the Demonic Beasts (although that shooting magic was similar to her style). She also looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so, especially in that outfit .

This is the Enkidu that was Gilgamesh's only true friend? They seem like polar opposite's personality-wise, which makes me really curious what their dynamic is like. Although just going by the beginning of the episode we can see that Gilgamesh really cared about him .

So...Humans and Servant's vs. Gods ?
The temptation to explain is strong. For once I'm not the most confused guy in the Fate thread!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-05, 14:39   Link #32
xeviouses

When you want to explain but know you must not... Curious can we explain Da Vinci's circumstance instead? at least about her 'gender bender' status.
Old 2019-10-05, 15:02   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
When you want to explain but know you must not... Curious can we explain Da Vinci's circumstance instead? at least about her 'gender bender' status.
All I know about her is from watching Episode Zero. She's one of the Servant's they were able to Summon after the experiment with Mash, right?
Old 2019-10-05, 17:57   Link #34
Applehell

Ep 1

The Good: The animation and fighting choreography are all on point. The art-direction and music is pretty good too. I haven't played FGO but I have listened to it's OST and I recognize all of the tracks and they have been used to good effect.

Not so Hot: The direction and script is kind of awkward at the moment. Scene transitions are a abrupt which hurt the flow of the moment to moment story beats particularity when some characters just show up have their little action scene and Fujimura weirdly blabs out everything about themselves to anyone in earshot without nary a word of caution. Everyone seems just understand what going on in this era without a problem which is a bit jarring as you expect more friction and bewilderment given the circumstances. Feels like writers just wants to speed-run the setup. At least they had Enkidu act a bit surprised at a handshake. The first OVA didn't feel like this, eitherway it hope that evens out soon.

Otherwise it was a fine premiere.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-10-05 at 18:22.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-05, 18:42   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Great production values and great butts. I wasn't actually expecting it to look this good.

I was also surprised that they not only revealed who the heroic spirit Mash is fused with is, but also had her use her noble phantasm so casually. They also told us who the person responsible for the singularities and therefore the main villain is (unless there's a twist) near the beginning of the episode.

Rin is obviously not Rin, and I wish they had given her a different personality to go with that. She acts exactly the same as Rin, but maybe there's an explanation for it.

Nice to finally see Enkidu animated. He should have already been in F/Z but they cut his scene out for some reason.
Old 2019-10-05, 19:30   Link #36
Wandering Soul

The animation was good and I wasn't expecting them to be so gory right off the bat. I also see that the director isn't afraid to show off that they are an ass man.
Old 2019-10-05, 21:39   Link #37
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I've already read ahead on what Mashu's secret was so that thing that was revealed in Camelot didn't come as a surprise, I also kinda have read on what's going on based on snippets of discussion I've seen online so I have a general idea of what's going to happen, including that flowery white mage shown in the last few seconds.

What I didn't expect was me grinning ear to ear on seeing "Rin" in anime form. This might be the first time ever that I know stuff from the source material even though I gave up on FGO during Orleans
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-05, 22:18   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They also told us who the person responsible for the singularities and therefore the main villain is (unless there's a twist) near the beginning of the episode.
That "king" they mentioned ?
Quote:
Rin is obviously not Rin, and I wish they had given her a different personality to go with that. She acts exactly the same as Rin, but maybe there's an explanation for it.
They probably figured Rin was too popular for them to use the visuals but not the personality, but it does make you wonder why they look near identical .
Old 2019-10-05, 22:19   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A fairly solid first episode. Considering the tricky situation of adapting an arc in the middle of the story, they did a fine job. The action was pretty good and glad they won't shy away from some gore when it comes to messing up these demonic beasts.

Should be fun to watch.
Old 2019-10-05, 22:26   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That "king" they mentioned ?
Yes, King Solomon. They mention multiple times that he's responsible. This isn't really a spoiler, since can't really develop that sort of information without trashing the story as it was originally written, since this revelation came out at the end of the London Singularity (4), with this being the last Singularity (7).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote