AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-14, 04:00   Link #1
Aegis
生與死

Location: A place where it is not seen,it is not heard,just pure emptyness and beyond
Green Green VS Onegai Twins

which is better to watch? my HDD only holds so much
Old 2004-07-14, 04:28   Link #2
jay3k
KYO

Green Green is heaps better. onegai twins doesnt show much ecchi stuff and i think the ending isnt that good related to romance. Green Green shows more ecchi stuff and funnier and has quite an unexpected ending
Old 2004-07-14, 05:50   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say neither... but if you insist on one, I say definitely Oneigai Twins... at least it's not as utterly disgusting as Green Green...
Old 2004-07-14, 06:12   Link #4
Ending

Have watched both this week, and already deleted most of the Onegai Teacher/Twins episodes (left only 4 ). Green Green, however, will get all the episodes burned and labeled.

Green Green all the way -more ecchi, funny as hell, and hopefully that "unexpected" ending is something I hope it to be. Most series don't have the balls to make it interesting.

(Love Hina, for example, had a very disappointing ending.)
Old 2004-07-14, 06:41   Link #5
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Even though I for one enjoyed the cuteness of Onegai twins, even though it had no real romance, I found the story quite touching. But I just like Midori from Green Green too much, you should get to see the whole Green Green series for sure, maybe except the new ova, but you won't even find it on animesuki anyway. And don't pay too much attention to some disturbing happenings throughout the series, some people have too much imagination.
Old 2004-07-14, 06:59   Link #6
dreamless

Hmm... why it seems EVERYONE except me on animesuki likes the Green Green TV series

I like the Green Green 2004 OVA much better than the TV, simply because I think boys banging girls is okay, while bears banging boys and boys banging boys while imagining each other as girls are utterly disgusting... am I losing my mind? XD
Old 2004-07-14, 10:04   Link #7
Ending

Not sure which one I have watched, but I think it was this "OVA" (whatever it means). Don't you find it ironic that the "Triple Troupe" lost their virginity first -to bears?
Old 2004-07-14, 16:38   Link #8
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Not sure which one I have watched, but I think it was this "OVA" (whatever it means). Don't you find it ironic that the "Triple Troupe" lost their virginity first -to bears?
Ack! *slaps Wirhe. Bad memories! Bad memories! I was hoping I could forget that... Not having seen Onegai, I'd say get GrnGrn. Though some parts were pretty gross, I thought it was hilarious!
Spoiler:
As for the baka trio, that's why they're who they are. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 2004-07-15, 13:33   Link #9
Ending

Gross == Hilarious, if you don't take it too seriously. They actually "use" those bears again later in the serie. ANYWAY, the ending was pretty good -made me wonder if there is more to come and if so; how they will bring back the second girl of the "love-triangle."
Old 2004-07-15, 14:44   Link #10
dreamless

It's not funny for me, the only thing it did was to make my stomach feel bad... in the OVA the... err... hentai stuff didn't do that... but then I feel quite bad when those three are doing those "things" to poor Sanae... maybe I just can't take some overly pervert jokes... guess either I'm crazy or the world is crazy... hmm... I'll choose the latter
Old 2004-07-15, 16:41   Link #11
Ending

That just makes it hilarious; you can't expect to find humour like that from any other serie, standardized to death and copy/pasted to different setting. Onegai Teacher, in this aspect, seems like a regular anime that tries to raise from the mass by playing with a old taboo like teacher/student relationship (it's nothing, at uni level at least), but fails in this due the otherwise uncreative stuff.

Green Green, however, doesn't take it too seriously and takes it overboard -or then someone in the team had had a seriously horny day. Wouldn't be surprised if Midori, Futaba, and Yu-suke ALL ended up together. Can only keep cheering for that.
Old 2004-07-15, 17:59   Link #12
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I liked Onegai Twins more. Mainly because ecchi isn't a priority in anime for me, and I just loved the animation and characters. And music... and the story...

Green Green was just an average ecchi anime to me.
Closed Thread