AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-19, 14:20   Link #121
Chao Otaku

Second episode was pretty good.

I can already tell that the blond guy is gonna be my favorite character XD

And while I don't care about the ecchi content, the censoring seemed a bit akward...
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:23   Link #122
Secca
nya`
*Artist

He won't stand a chance againts Miharu's older sister. ^^;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:34   Link #123
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
He won't stand a chance againts Miharu's older sister. ^^;;
Ha, now there's something to think about! Who will be the first to fall into submission if blondie went against Miharu's sister?

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2004-07-19 at 16:45.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:36   Link #124
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Ha, now there's something to think about! Who be the first to fall into submission if blondie went against Miharu's sister?
the laws of anime dictate Maharu (Miharu's sister) would win :0
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 18:18   Link #125
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
(I am occasionally told that for real Japanese there is no difference between ecchi and hentai, the word ecchi is simply the way Japanese pronounce the letter H, short for hentai. But in the otaku-speaking community there is no doubt there is a difference. "Panties are ecchi, tentacles are hentai." Kirie refers to the white-clad pervert as "hentai" (11:23) but then again she is not known for her restraint in words or actions.)
Nah..."hentai" is a stronger than word than "ecchi". If you're a Japanese married couple without kids, being "ecchi" (sexual) in your own home is fine and anyone else would think it's fine. But being "hentai" (perverted) in the same context is not something you want to admit to being (maybe if you were joking around with your close friends). You're girlfriend might not get upset that you're being "ecchi" in private, but if you were "ecchi" in public she'd probably get pissed at you for acting that way with people around.

I know that sometimes female anime characters yell out "Ecchi!!" while they're beating up the protagonist for something crazy that happened, but "ecchi" (sexual) still doesn't mean the same thing as "hentai" (perverted).
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 18:27   Link #126
Lazarus

Greenish Growth: who is your avatar? What a gorgeous character design.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 19:11   Link #127
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Greenish Growth: who is your avatar? What a gorgeous character design.
It's Ai Minamizato from the Elf Kakyuusei OVA, Kakyuusei TV series and Elf Kakyuusei game. I see her name spelled more often with a Z on Elf related websites so I just go with that spelling:

http://ho.ho.net/kakyuusei/ai.html

http://scythe.net/archen/misc/kakyuusei/char_ai.html

I really love Aya Kadoi's character designs for Kakyuusei.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:21   Link #128
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Oddly enough, I respect this show MORE for it's censoring. I just don't feel the need to be bombarded with boobs...
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:57   Link #129
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Miharu is a walking nuke...no wonder she feels compelled to eat everything in her path.

But really, WHAT EXACTLY IS SHE???
Old 2004-07-19, 21:16   Link #130
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Miharu is a walking nuke...no wonder she feels compelled to eat everything in her path.

But really, WHAT EXACTLY IS SHE???
she's an alien from another planet ^_^
Old 2004-07-19, 21:38   Link #131
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno
Oddly enough, I respect this show MORE for it's censoring. I just don't feel the need to be bombarded with boobs...
*nod*nod* This is most definately true. Being bombarded by cute girls with bouncing boobs in real life is one thing. That's something I'd enjoy. Having the same thing in an anime when all I want is a good story? That's a bad thing.
Quote:
Ok, if that's true, then why can she see Earth from the horizon of her planet as though her planet were in low Earth orbit or something? Seriously, for Earth to appear that large on the horizon, the highest that planet could be would be about 150 miles straight up.

So scientifically that makes zero sence. HOWEVER, throw in a dimentional ripple (which would explain the jumbo sized earth on the horizon and their teleporting back and forth between Earth and her homeworld) and you've not only made it believable, but scientifically feisable. Ok, I'm over cranializing this, but still, if you're going to toss around science like they are in this anime, they had better get it right. At least as far as I'm concerned.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 23:59   Link #132
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven

I think that much was obvious before the show even began

But why just her? Why's she the only one shown in Seiren that has magic powers? And why does she and the others on Seiren apparently accept that fact as normal?

I would think that anyone who has the power to level an enormous area of space with just a thought would get more attention from her own people than just that.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:23   Link #133
Kyuven

no matter how you slice it (dimensions or otherwise) Seiren is a different planet from earth (they even have different food..."fread" anyone?)
The women of Seiren probably have powers of some sort too (though i doubt we'll ever find out WHY Seiren is 90% female)
Miharu is probably odd on her planet too (if they had known she could blow things up, would they have gathered so close?)
Old 2004-07-20, 01:41   Link #134
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh yeah, and she says 1/10th of the population is male, but I seriously think it's closer to 1/1000 or 1/10,000, if it's bad enough that they fight WARS over men.
Old 2004-07-20, 02:26   Link #135
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Oh yeah, and she says 1/10th of the population is male, but I seriously think it's closer to 1/1000 or 1/10,000, if it's bad enough that they fight WARS over men.
Then you didn't take into account population density. If one country has 8/10 of the number of men then of course wars will break out. If that's the case, then it's likely they'll be put into a city [under heavy guard], live like kings and have a VERY long line of women to service. With this sort of setup, then the chance of any woman meeting someone of the opposite gender would be extremely low. They would have to share, not possible since the crew on Seiren seem even more vicious to one another than the standard Earth variety, or pay through their nose to get one.

Otherwise, be like Miharu and import one from another dimension...

Thing is, for this sort of gender imbalance to occur the girls have to be incredibly fertile [pushing litters like a cat or rabbit] but all they're getting are femmes .
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 03:08   Link #136
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

That's if assuming that men are treated like kings and are all kept in one general region instead of just scattered here and there like hard-to-find hermits or something, but your point does make sense in that regard.
Old 2004-07-20, 13:54   Link #137
Itlandm
Porcupine

Actually a society with 90+% women would need less fertility than our own. In our world, each woman need to have on average 2.1 child to keep population stable. (Japan, for instance, will be devoid of human life in ca 800 years with the current fertility. Luckily, well before that robots will be indistinguishable from humans.)
If women did not waste half their childbirths making boys, they could have just 1.1 children and still keep the population stable.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 19:05   Link #138
Chao Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno

I actually agree there, despite what I said.
While the censoring wasn't done too well IMO, I'm still glad to see it done so that people who don't like the Ecchi content can still watch the show without too much trouble from it.
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 19:15   Link #139
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I think I will like this one, but I've already have ALOT of anime waiting(ready) to be watched(don't want to extend that list too much).

So do anyone know how many episodes it will be? ~13 or ~30?
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 20:47   Link #140
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
And this is a bad thing? Hehe. I'd be thrilled to be fought over by women. There's some something weird but fun about this thought. hehe.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen