AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-30, 12:32   Link #2021
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I do not, DO NOT know how in the heck Liner Notes become Macross Radio from any kind of source. True, I might not have the DVD, but I really doubt Shaloom Translation (which is Translated by magnuskn to English) is actually excerpted from Radio Shows from Macross. I mean:

How in any way it got tracked as RADIO SHOW is out of my head and imagination. I might have to check this with my friend later. :/

As for the commentaries, cheesie would you mind directing us the source of the commentaries stray and you translated from Famitsu? As in, which issue it is? This is kind of need some clearing up for some people *sigh*
Um, well...I mentioned a radio show because of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Liner notes from Shaloom for episodes 23 and 24 are out. I have already translated the ones for episode 23 and will do episode 24 tomorrow.

>snip<

Hiroshi Ohnogi was the guest on the MBS radio program and was interviewed by Bobby. It was also announced that Mr. Kawamori would be on the program, along with various members of the staff, for episode 25.
MBS is a broadcaster, and they broadcast the Macross Radio Show.

Shaloom's liner notes are emphatically NOT the liner notes that come with the DVDs, and Shaloom never said they were. They're his own liner notes for the FWF-MG fansubs of Frontier.

But if you ARE claiming there's an interview with Ohnogi, here is the audio commentary list for the MF DVDs:

Disc 1: Yuuichi Nakamura, Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori on the Yack Deculture edition
Disc 2: Katsuyuki Konishi, Megumi Nakajima, Hiroyuki Yoshino on Ep. 4
Disc 3: Yuuichi Nakamura, Hiroshi Kamiya, Jun Fukuyama on Ep. 7
Disc 4: Aya Endo, Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori on Ep. 10
Disc 5: Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori, Yasuhito Kikuchi on Ep. 12
Disc 6: Yuuichi Nakamura, Aya Endo, Souichiro Hoshi, Hiroyuki Yoshino on Ep. 16

Discs 7, 8, and 9 came out AFTER Shaloom's liner notes started getting translated here, so if the Ohnogi interviews are from those, Shaloom would've needed a time machine.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 13:14   Link #2022
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Um, well...I mentioned a radio show because of this:

MBS is a broadcaster, and they broadcast the Macross Radio Show.

Shaloom's liner notes are emphatically NOT the liner notes that come with the DVDs, and Shaloom never said they were. They're his own liner notes for the FWF-MG fansubs of Frontier.

But if you ARE claiming there's an interview with Ohnogi, here is the audio commentary list for the MF DVDs:

Disc 1: Yuuichi Nakamura, Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori on the Yack Deculture edition
Disc 2: Katsuyuki Konishi, Megumi Nakajima, Hiroyuki Yoshino on Ep. 4
Disc 3: Yuuichi Nakamura, Hiroshi Kamiya, Jun Fukuyama on Ep. 7
Disc 4: Aya Endo, Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori on Ep. 10
Disc 5: Megumi Nakajima, Shoji Kawamori, Yasuhito Kikuchi on Ep. 12
Disc 6: Yuuichi Nakamura, Aya Endo, Souichiro Hoshi, Hiroyuki Yoshino on Ep. 16

Discs 7, 8, and 9 came out AFTER Shaloom's liner notes started getting translated here, so if the Ohnogi interviews are from those, Shaloom would've needed a time machine.
Point taken then and I can see how you can see from that angle. However, Magnuskn's translations indicated a lot of "Ohnogi" and "Kawamori" and lots of Macross' staffs inference in the liner notes (as in, "Ohnogi indicates this, Kawamori indicates that"), this is why I personally think that what Shaloom translated are Liner Notes of DVD/Blu-Ray and also mixed with his own liner notes at some points (and I need to re-confirm this-is Macross Generation subs released in Blu-Ray sub form?) except episode 23/24. (Ouch I forgot to mention these :P)

For Ohnogi's interview , I have already said my thought of it being written on my post before, not as an audio CD Although yes, seeing your post, now I know I remember hearing one info about that. There was one more interview of Ohnogi that was broadcasted in Radio MBS August 9, 2008. You might want to check the date of broadcast by then I have yet to know about the interview on episode 23/24 liner notes and might check it... If there is documentation of it lolz.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 13:39   Link #2023
magnuskn

The translated liner notes from Shaloom do mention that alleged radio show a lot. If those radio shows did indeed never happen, then this throws the until now assumed "fact" of Ohnogis involvement out of the window.

This would leave us with the question of why Shaloom would go to these extreme lengths to make up those huge commentaries.

Oh, and I guess Tak would have to revise his opinion of Kawamori a bit...
Old 2009-05-30, 13:53   Link #2024
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Point taken then and I can see how you can see from that angle. However, Magnuskn's translations indicated a lot of "Ohnogi" and "Kawamori" and lots of Macross' staffs inference in the liner notes (as in, "Ohnogi indicates this, Kawamori indicates that"), this is why I personally think that what Shaloom translated are Liner Notes of DVD/Blu-Ray and also mixed with his own liner notes at some points (and I need to re-confirm this-is Macross Generation subs released in Blu-Ray sub form?) except episode 23/24. (Ouch I forgot to mention these :P)
I have scans of all the DVD booklets. Shaloom's liner notes are DEFINITELY not the same at all. The official liner notes are mostly run-downs of the mecha, settings, and characters. No interviews with Bobby, no talk about Ohnogi's novels...

Now, the liner notes for Vol. 9 have separate interviews with Kawamori, Kikuchi, and Yoshino. I haven't fully read them (my Japanese isn't fluent...it takes a LONG time for me to read stuff), but I did peruse them for Ohnogi's name...and it's nowhere there.

Quote:
For Ohnogi's interview , I have already said my thought of it being written on my post before, not as an audio CD Although yes, seeing your post, now I know I remember hearing one info about that. There was one more interview of Ohnogi that was broadcasted in Radio MBS August 9, 2008. You might want to check the date of broadcast by then I have yet to know about the interview on episode 23/24 liner notes and might check it... If there is documentation of it lolz.
We're talking in circles here.

ME: I checked the radio show, and the interview's not there. Shaloom said it was a different radio show, but neither the Macross F website nor Japanese Wikipedia as any mention of a different show.

YOU: It's not a radio show, it's liner notes.

ME: But Shaloom SAID it was a radio show.

YOU: Then maybe you should check the radio show.

I don't really want to repeat myself...it's not Radio Macross or Macross F○※△...it's something else. Which wasn't advertised or even mentioned on the Macross F website. And which no one appears to have heard except Shaloom. But he didn't record it, and he apparently doesn't even know its name.

I don't know. A few of us have been talking about this for quite a while on MacrossWorld, but we haven't been able to find ANYTHING that verifies this Ohnogi rumor. So I came here, since this is where it was first released in English. Are you telling me that nobody here ever checked to make sure any of this information was true...?

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-05-30 at 15:03.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:01   Link #2025
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I don't know. A few of us have been talking about this for quite a while on MacrossWorld, but we haven't been able to find ANYTHING that verifies this Ohnogi rumor. So I came here, since this is where it was first released in English. Are you telling me that nobody here ever checked to make sure any of this information was true...?
Iīd guess having a humongous amount of work made available to us may have lulled us into into a feeling that nobody would make up such a huge amount of material just for kicks.

Not to mention that it took quite a while for you guys on MW to come to the same conclusion, so itīs not as if you were instantly aware, neither.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:13   Link #2026
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Exactly. I'll just say this: if these inferences about Ohnogi's involvement were all a prank or something someone did just for kicks, that person should be ashamed. Or not, since it did take almost a whole year for people to start raising questions about it, huh?

And I was even falsely brought back to watching the show, if Ohnogi did not really have anything to do with it.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 14:16   Link #2027
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Iīd guess having a humongous amount of work made available to us may have lulled us into into a feeling that nobody would make up such a huge amount of material just for kicks.

Not to mention that it took quite a while for you guys on MW to come to the same conclusion, so itīs not as if you were instantly aware, neither.
True.

And yeah, it also probably would've slipped by me if I hadn't been trying to collect all the Macross novels (thinking you have them all, and then finding obscure references to tons of others kinda makes one sit up and take notice), but no one at MacrossWorld has been calling for Kawamori's head on a platter, or predicting that the Macross F movie will suck rhino balls because Ohnogi's not involved.

There IS one guy calling for OHNOGI's head on a platter, and predicting the Macross F movie will suck rhino balls because Ohnogi IS involved...but he's kind of a lone voice crying in the wildnerness...

Anyway, no offense intended. I'll behave.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:19   Link #2028
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Now, now, there is absolutely ZERO news regarding Ohnogi's involvement with the movie, so that guy should just chill, I guess...

He's pretty busy with FMA and Shangri-la, these days, I'd wager.

Old 2009-05-30, 14:20   Link #2029
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Now, now, there is absolutely ZERO news regarding Ohnogi's involvement with the movie, so that guy should just chill, I guess...

He's pretty busy with FMA and Shangri-la, these days, I'd wager.
...as he would've been with Memnosyne at the time he was supposedly writing Frontier episodes...
Old 2009-05-30, 14:28   Link #2030
justavisitor

I usually consider wikipedia in Japanese is a very reliable source for anime news..because it has much more contents than the english's counterpart in regard with anime news or info

So I did a quick check on wikipedia
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%...9C%A8%E5%AF%9B

it does say he helps writing a script for macross F.....

But then again, it's wikipedia

The simplest solution is, someone emails him and asks him what is going on XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-05-30 at 14:42.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 14:46   Link #2031
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I usually consider wikipedia in Japanese is a very reliable source for anime news..because it has much more contents than the english's counterpart in regard with anime news or info

So I did a quick check on wikipedia
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%...9C%A8%E5%AF%9B

it does say he helps writing a script for macross F.....
Actually, it does...right below Mnemosyne and right above Testuwan Birdy DECODE.

But the credit they give him (脚本協力 - literally, "Script Cooperation") is the credit he got for Episode 10, because he wrote Macross Zero. If you look at the credits by episode, that's the only episode that mentions him.

EDIT: Wait...whoops, I thought you said it DOESN'T say he helped with Macross F. Sorry. So, erm...yes. I'm agreeing with you.

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-05-30 at 14:56. Reason: Mistake
Old 2009-05-30, 14:51   Link #2032
justavisitor

Thanks for clearing that up...

lol, if Ohnogi doesn't involve at all, besides that ep 10, then the signature text at Sheryl's Fanclub in animesuki...should I take a screenshot at sheryl's fanclub right now ??

Reply to Yot-chan's edit: it's ok, and thanks for clearing up why his name is there on the link I posted above, I was gonna think he does involve, but now I know his name is only in there because of episode 10 (at least that's what we are thinking at this very moment)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-05-30 at 15:08.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:09   Link #2033
magnuskn

Quote:

lol, if Ohnogi doesn't involve at all, besides that ep 10, then the signature text at Sheryl's Fanclub in animesuki...should I take a screenshot at sheryl's fanclub right now ??
For the purpose of what? Gloating?
Old 2009-05-30, 15:10   Link #2034
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Hahaha! XD getting punk'd is not fun. That's fer sure. Might be that shaloom got a wrong information too. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan
I've started working on the Episode Commentary for Frontier, by Kawamori, printed in the book 2059: Memories (pages 90-93). I don't know how long it will take me to do them all...maybe a few weeks, if I'm lucky. I want to give special thanks to Renato at Macrossworld, who checked my translations, corrected some errors, and gave useful tips. Of course, if any errors still remain, they're mine and mine alone.

Spoiler:
Good stuff! Keep 'em coming.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 15:11   Link #2035
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
For the purpose of what? Gloating?
Ignore him, he has been quite random for the last few weeks. Every time he tries to assert his ego, he fails and falls flat on his face. I'd say he is not getting his dosage.

Personally, I don't know what to believe. If this proves to be a prank, then I don't know why anybody would even bother fabricating a prank as large as this one. After all, it caused quite an uproar across Macross boards in the Western part of the world.

However, I have recently visited several East Asian sites, and I cannot find any information regarding Ohnogi's involvement in Japanese or Chinese forums.

The biggest problem I have though, is with the inconsistency of the production team. A while ago, I came across: http://www.presepe.jp/m44/sp/id/BeWkJEnOCYY=/

But recently, we have been provided additional information by Yot-chan (good work), which seems to conflict with Kawamori's interview. All the while, Ohnogi's bit came out of the blue and threw everyone off. Personally, I don't know what I should believe anymore. Therefore, in the mean time, I think the best course of action as of now is to cross our fingers and wait for the movie.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 15:17   Link #2036
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:

That's...a little unkind, I think.

As magnuskn pointed out, there really wasn't much reason to think Shaloom's liner notes were mistaken. And the amount of detail is staggering.

At this point, if someone could give me verifiable proof that Ohnogi wrote the episodes, I'd be happy. I've been looking into this for MONTHS now, and I can't much evidence one way or another. Certainly, some of the information in Shaloom's notes is flat-out wrong, but they could just be human error at work.

My goal is really just to bring my cards to the table: "Here are some interviews and comments where it looks like Ohnogi SHOULD be mentioned, but he's not. I can't find anything that confirms his involvement."

And if someone shares something that DOES confirm that he wrote the last clutch of episodes, then we can all look at it and accept it and go back to demanding Kawamori's head on a platter.

Really, I'd rather like to be proven wrong. I hope Ohnogi DID write a lot of Macross prose stories, and I'd like to read them. Besides, you know how rumors are...if Ohnogi had nothing to do with the show, still, a year from now, someone will show up saying, "I heard some other guy wrote the last episodes" and we'll have to tell him it's not true. And then in another month, someone else will come and say the same thing, and we'll have to go through it all again. And again. And again.

Rumors never die. Especially false ones.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:23   Link #2037
magnuskn

It is especially puzzling to me because Shaloom is the web master of the biggest spanish Macross forum, Macross Generation. If he really made those notes up and is discovered, this will be hugely damaging to his reputation over there. So I really donīt see what benefit he would have gained from conning all those people... but the evidence points towards it.

Man, I *really* liked that short story with Max and Milia, and lots of other little moments in those liner notes...
Old 2009-05-30, 15:24   Link #2038
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ignore him, he has been quite random for the last few weeks. The biggest problem I have though, is with the inconsistency of the production team. A while ago, I came across: http://www.presepe.jp/m44/sp/id/BeWkJEnOCYY=/
I haven't seen that before...seems interesting, but what should I be looking for in it?
Old 2009-05-30, 15:30   Link #2039
justavisitor

Nah, I just like to collect some webpage that has some funny error on it that's all, like sport's website that has a wrong team photo in it, and I only keep it to myself

and besides, we don't know if it's really an error or not...so I only take a screenshot in case it's really an error
Old 2009-05-30, 15:37   Link #2040
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Inquiring minds want to know. Specially the ones of those who can't read moonspeak...

Tags
action, romance