AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-28, 02:18   Link #21
prnoct90

DVD/Blu-Ray Volume 1 & 2

Since it hasn't been posted, here is the information translated for the first two DVD/Blu-Ray Releases:

Volume 1
Release Date: 6/23/2010

Prices
7,350 - Limited Release Blu-Ray - ANZX-6401
6,300 - Limited Release DVD - ANZB-6401
5,250 - Regular DVD - ANSB-6401

Main Disc
Episodes 1 and 2

Limited Release Extras
• Drama CD
• Na-Ga Packaging Illustration
• Special Packaging
• Character Commentary By Jun Maeda
• Opening and Ending Music Booklet (Sheet Music?)

Volume 2
Release Date: 7/21/2010

Main Disc
Episodes 3 and 4

Prices
7,350 - Limited Release Blu-Ray - ANZX-6403
6,300 - Limited Release DVD - ANZB-6403
5,250 - Regular DVD - ANSB-6403

Limited Release Extras
• Extra DVD (Making Of: Video Recording)
• Na-Ga Packaging Illustration
• Special Packaging
• Character Commentary By Jun Maeda
• "Crow Song" and "Alchemy" Music Booklet (Sheet Music?)

Here is the source:
http://www.angelbeats.jp/bd_dvd/index.html
Old 2010-04-28, 23:29   Link #22
bubba1652

is amazon.co.jp the cheapest place to pre-order these? since they are 4,615 en and 4,618 yen for the limited ed. dvds 1 and 2, respectively. is there anywhere else to get these (preferably w/ cheaper shipping, since amazon's shipping costs for dvds is ridiculous)

links, if allowed...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ANGEL-BEATS-...2515328&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ANGEL-BEATS-...515328&sr=8-10
Old 2010-04-29, 06:48   Link #23
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1652 View Post
is amazon.co.jp the cheapest place to pre-order these? since they are 4,615 en and 4,618 yen for the limited ed. dvds 1 and 2, respectively. is there anywhere else to get these (preferably w/ cheaper shipping, since amazon's shipping costs for dvds is ridiculous)
You could try HMV.co.jp. They don't offer as large of a discount as Amazon.jp (only 21%), but they ship EMS, which is cheaper than Amazon.jp if you're only getting one or two items. There's also CDJapan, which offers SAL but no discount apart from coupons and points.

On the other hand, Amazon.jp is insanely cheap if you play the system by making one large order. Since shipping to North America for CDs and DVDs follows the formula F(x) = 1,700 + 300x, as the number of items in one order increase to infinity shipping approaches 300 yen per item. Or basically, if you make a large order, it's really cheap on a per item basis whereas EMS is not.

So what I personally do is make an entire season's worth of DVDs in one order (around 11 to 14 or so BDs). Amazon.jp ships at their convenience so there's no reason to make separate orders, unless customs is involved. Oh, and don't forget to take out the Japanese sales tax of 5% too. If you're shipping it overseas, you won't have to pay it.

That said, if you're only ordering Angel Beats and don't want to wait for it all to be solicited, go with HMV.jp.
Old 2010-05-02, 03:30   Link #24
Revan21

So far I only want the Tenshi petit nendo so I guess I'll be on alert for this year's Dengeki G’s Magazine August issue
Will the price be higher than the usual ~1000yen? And if so, will it have other items in it?
Old 2010-05-02, 06:53   Link #25
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

You think it would still be possible to order the April issue of Dengeki G Festival from somewhere?
Old 2010-05-02, 10:45   Link #26
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draneor View Post
You could try HMV.co.jp. They don't offer as large of a discount as Amazon.jp (only 21%), but they ship EMS, which is cheaper than Amazon.jp if you're only getting one or two items. There's also CDJapan, which offers SAL but no discount apart from coupons and points.

That said, if you're only ordering Angel Beats and don't want to wait for it all to be solicited, go with HMV.jp.
You have to be careful because sometimes Amazon's DVDs/BDs are so cheap that even with s&h, they're cheaper than HMV. Or around there.

I think the general rule of thumb is if you're getting 8+ items, go to Amazon. Also have to remember that since EMS is weight based, you might want to re-check getting heavier things at Amazon. My DVDs/BDs have made things a little heavier, but a magazine, photobook and a scorebook was a little more expensive at HMV than Amazon. I think the difference was only ~400 yen for that order, but I got a bit of points 'cause of that book campaign they had.

The nice thing is that with HMV, you have an option for them to check the final S&H price before shipping and if you don't like it, you're able to cancel it. Pretty good when comparing with other places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
You think it would still be possible to order the April issue of Dengeki G Festival from somewhere?
Wait, this one?

HMV
Amazon
Jlist

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-05-02, 10:57   Link #27
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
It seems that orders haven't opened yet. I'd look on HLJ, Hobby Search, J-LIST, and AmiAmi for starters. They stocked the last mag with the Yuri nendo.
Old 2010-05-02, 11:21   Link #28
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I hesitated too long and missed my chance at the magazine with the Yurippe nendo. Anywhere else I can buy it online now?

I'd prefer not to resort to YJA, damn deputy fees.
Old 2010-05-02, 11:49   Link #29
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
I hesitated too long and missed my chance at the magazine with the Yurippe nendo. Anywhere else I can buy it online now?

I'd prefer not to resort to YJA, damn deputy fees.
If you want just the nendo, seems like this guy is willing to part with it.

Damn YJA indeed. w

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-05-03, 15:48   Link #30
bubba1652

does anyone know if preorders on amazon or HMV can go out of stock? cuz I want to wait until more of the limited edition dvds are out for preorder and do a bulk order, but I'm afraid it might go out of stock before the first dvd is released.

The goal is to order all the limited edition dvds that are available at once!
Old 2010-05-04, 00:16   Link #31
Kudryavka

Quote:
does anyone know if preorders on amazon or HMV can go out of stock? cuz I want to wait until more of the limited edition dvds are out for preorder and do a bulk order, but I'm afraid it might go out of stock before the first dvd is released.

The goal is to order all the limited edition dvds that are available at once!
I never heard of Amazon selling out of preorder slots. This is experience from the American outlet, but it shouldn't be diff on the Japanese site. Amazon is great at guaranteeing stock for preorders; but then again, stuff here in the States doesn't usually sell out like otaku goods in Japan.
Old 2010-05-04, 07:38   Link #32
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
does anyone know if preorders on amazon or HMV can go out of stock?
Limited editions of certain shows can go out of stock eventually. However, it would be unusual for a LE to sell out prior to release. Even if it does go out of stock, Amazon.jp may be able to get more of it (see Bakemonogatari).

That said, if there's a first press bonus, you may not get it if you wait to order a DVD. This shouldn't be a concern with Angel Beats.
Old 2010-05-10, 21:23   Link #33
HighGuard

I don't suppose those blu rays come with english subs?
Old 2010-05-11, 07:27   Link #34
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
I don't suppose those blu rays come with english subs?
Short answer: not likely.

Generally, it doesn't make sense to create English subtitles for a domestic (Japan) release given the lack of demand in Japan. Certain boxsets may have them, but they are usually for shows already released elsewhere (Haruhi 2 being an exception). You can either wait for a possible R1 release or it's possible to re-time softsubs to work with the BDs.
Old 2010-05-11, 12:21   Link #35
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyway, don't they have any Tenshi figurines?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-12, 01:08   Link #36
Duckys
Quackers.

Kanade pillowcase already on my pillow, second copy of Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe Vol. 6 in the mail :3.

Shes so adorable ;~;.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:09   Link #37
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway, don't they have any Tenshi figurines?
Just the Petit Nendoroid bundled with Dengeki 2010/08

Spoiler for Size:

Although $50 for a trading figure might be a stretch.....I still want it though but I'd be happier if they gave some other item with the magazine too. Like poster/shitijaki/bromide/booklet/etc
Old 2010-05-12, 12:39   Link #38
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Although $50 for a trading figure might be a stretch.....I still want it though but I'd be happier if they gave some other item with the magazine too. Like poster/shitijaki/bromide/booklet/etc
The thing that's expensive is actually the Tenshi dakimakura that also comes along with the magazine.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-05-12, 13:08   Link #39
Revan21

Good thing I don't need a hugging pillow, got no room for it xD But I want that petit
Old 2010-05-12, 21:58   Link #40
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
Kanade pillowcase already on my pillow, second copy of Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe Vol. 6 in the mail :3.

Shes so adorable ;~;.
Where did you order? I can't find any copies of Dengeki G's Festival Vol. 6 online. >.<
Also, which magazine is the one with the upcoming Kanade Nendroid? Is it Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe Vol. 8?

Last edited by goombas; 2010-05-12 at 22:09.
Closed Thread