AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 05:08   Link #2281
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. Something possessed me to watch this again... now... is it wrong to view Sora as hot?
You're not her brother. I don't see the problem.

Though I find her looking cute more than hot, when she wasn't throwing those hissy fits.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 11:34   Link #2282
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. Something possessed me to watch this again... now... is it wrong to view Sora as hot?
Not really. The only real problem is how Hiroko Taguchi doesn't get anywhere near the work in mainstream anime she deserves. Her line "Haru-kun te DAIKIRAI!" during the "Motoka" short when Motoka gives the siblings some sweets as an apology for hurting Haruka during a game of Mahjong was classic.

I'd love to see Hiroko Taguchi reprise her role as Shinobu Sakaki in an animated adaptation of Leaf's old "Tenshi no inai 12-Gatsu." Knowing the content of that game, the style used for Yosuga no Sora's animated adaptation would fit it VERY well.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:50   Link #2283
Mazryonh

[mod edit: moved the first part to new thread]

Also, does anyone know the name of the really nice flute and guitar track used for one of the first PVs for the series that aired, the one that included several unvoiced scenes from the first episode, including Kazuha approaching Akira with sunscreen, and Kozue running into the twins on a bicycle, along with the voiced scene of Sora and Haruka on the train? And does anyone know which real-life location in Japan that the setting of the anime is based on? I remember there being a post somewhere on this thread comparing photos with CGs from the original game, and the resemblance was uncanny.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-03-01 at 01:15.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:35   Link #2284
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I hate to ask this but was Tsunagu Kizuna(canon ED song) sang by Sora's seiyuu? the singer's voice sounded much like her.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 01:16   Link #2285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I took the opportunity to move the conversation about Eroge Seiyuu who make the jump to Anime to its own thread, since it's interesting in a broader context and could easily get lost in this thread.
Old 2012-03-01, 09:16   Link #2286
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I hate to ask this but was Tsunagu Kizuna(canon ED song) sang by Sora's seiyuu? the singer's voice sounded much like her.
No, Taguchi Hiroko sounds and sings very differently
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 21:21   Link #2287
MasterVampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wonder if there will be another series like this that will push the boundary without going full on Hentai? As long as former H-seiyus want to change their name and find more work, probably there will be.
Yeah I'd also like to know.
Has there been anything recent since Yosuga no Sora thats like this series?
Or any upcomming ones?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:30   Link #2288
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, call me crazy, but doesn't every Bluray that comes out come with like a special booklet that show character design and like a little short comic? I was looking around for info on the VN when I came across a site with the extras that came with each BD. The Nao one is pretty intense.
Old 2012-05-05, 04:59   Link #2289
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

so you mean there are specials after episode 12 , has it aired online,where could i see it
Old 2012-05-05, 07:05   Link #2290
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
so you mean there are specials after episode 12 , has it aired online,where could i see it
Oops, what Max meant was "Booklet" of the character designs and not another episode.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 08:28   Link #2291
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ohh man i thought i could see more of this anime
Old 2012-05-06, 16:09   Link #2292
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah, sorry mystogan^^;;, I should've been more specific^^;;. Don't worry though, I gave Kanon more details about the booklets. If you guys are interested, PM me or Kanon and we'll give you the links.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:07   Link #2293
HasuMasu
*Artist

Just got around to watching this recently.

While I prefer Sora, I think the first girl's arc was handled much better than all the others.
Maybe it was just the way it all played out, I just prefer that arc even if she's not the #1 girl in this show for me.
Old 2012-05-16, 19:53   Link #2294
tyciol
*Artist

This is a classic anime, I enjoyed it. Although... TBH considering some of the eps scenes, suki should give up on the 'we don't track H' disclaimer. I mean, I guess they don't overtly show DOWN THERE so it's merely softcore, but we clearly see what's going on as it's happening, plus lots of oppai

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I sincerely hope there won't be any room for a discussion comparing it to Koi Kaze, one of my all time favorite series. That show is above and beyond daring. I'm now also tempted to play the game.
Koi Kaze is daring in the serious depiction it takes, true. Plus since it deals with siblings of dramatically different ages, that enhances the controversy (moreso since it's the male who's older, prob less outrage if it were older sister younger brother).

That said: Koi Kaze is more discreet in depicting the um... climax of the series. Yosuga no Sora, while it tones it down with it being twins and somewhat of a comedy at times... is um... much more graphic in regards to what the two are doing, showing it... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
You're not her brother. I don't see the problem.
I don't see the problem even if you are her brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I find her looking cute more than hot, when she wasn't throwing those hissy fits.
The hissy fits are part of Sora's charm.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 23:33   Link #2295
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
This is a classic anime, I enjoyed it. Although... TBH considering some of the eps scenes, suki should give up on the 'we don't track H' disclaimer. I mean, I guess they don't overtly show DOWN THERE so it's merely softcore, but we clearly see what's going on as it's happening, plus lots of oppai
With the commercial success of this series I'm keeping my eyes open as to whether or not another eroge-to-anime adaptation will take on YnS's storytelling format as well as its disrespect to "common decency on TV." The format the YnS anime used was well-suited to eroge adaptations. Of course, if the makers want to milk it further, they could always adapt Yahiro's and Kozue's routes.

Quote:
Actually, to me she's my least favourite heroine because of that. She's ungrateful, clingy, and with no ambition in life other than to parasitize her brother any way she can "motivate" him to.
Old 2012-05-21, 23:55   Link #2296
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
With the commercial success of this series I'm keeping my eyes open as to whether or not another eroge-to-anime adaptation will take on YnS's storytelling format as well as its disrespect to "common decency on TV." The format the YnS anime used was well-suited to eroge adaptations. Of course, if the makers want to milk it further, they could always adapt Yahiro's and Kozue's routes.
I really hope they don't do it the way this anime did it if that's the format they're going for. The editing was shit in this anime. It felt really cut down and I didn't know what was going on.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 00:13   Link #2297
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Oh, each to their own then. I mean stuff like her complaining about the mosquito is sorta cute. Stuff like her insanely jealous and hostile nature... not as much. I very much preferred her in the first half. Yes, the later half reveals her true personality, and it is twisted and sad, but unfortunately the anime kinda underwhelmed the mood by making her too horny.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 00:28   Link #2298
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I really hope they don't do it the way this anime did it if that's the format they're going for. The editing was shit in this anime. It felt really cut down and I didn't know what was going on.
I think it's a matter of taste. The way the story was arranged was certainly unconventional (has any other anime ever been arranged in this way?), but I thought it was interesting. It was a creative way to try to fit more story arcs in less time, even if it has its drawbacks. It may benefit if you're used to visual novels, where this sort of common route/arc approach is the norm, though you had to pay attention to the arrangement.

Watching it on the Blu-Rays (where they arranged all the arcs in order) was a fairly different experience, and it helped things connect a bit more smoothly in many cases.
Old 2012-05-22, 00:54   Link #2299
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's a matter of taste. The way the story was arranged was certainly unconventional (has any other anime ever been arranged in this way?), but I thought it was interesting. It was a creative way to try to fit more story arcs in less time, even if it has its drawbacks. It may benefit if you're used to visual novels, where this sort of common route/arc approach is the norm, though you had to pay attention to the arrangement.

Watching it on the Blu-Rays (where they arranged all the arcs in order) was a fairly different experience, and it helped things connect a bit more smoothly in many cases.
Probably so. Blu-Rays have a tendency to make a big difference.

Anyways, while I didn't like the way this show was adapted, I didn't say anything about the format. I stated that the editing was bad. Each of the arcs felt really cut down and rushed, and some of the sex scenes weren't worked in well. Hell, some of the scenes weren't worked in well. I remember some quick cuts to something pointless that wasn't particularly well-animated or had anything to do with the story whilst dialogue was being played.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 01:29   Link #2300
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Anyways, while I didn't like the way this show was adapted, I didn't say anything about the format. I stated that the editing was bad. Each of the arcs felt really cut down and rushed, and some of the sex scenes weren't worked in well. Hell, some of the scenes weren't worked in well. I remember some quick cuts to something pointless that wasn't particularly well-animated or had anything to do with the story whilst dialogue was being played.
Ah, that's what you meant. Still though, I guess there are two aspects to editing: the story editing (done by the writers), and the storyboarding/video editing (done by the storyboard artists and video editor). Personally, while they were obviously always trying to cram as much content in as possible, I still felt that some of the arcs were better edited than others in both those areas. While obviously all the arcs were trying to move very quickly through content, I think there was a certain style/touch that the main director and writer had that some of the other staff couldn't quite emulate. I don't know whether you noticed anything like that, or just had the same impression throughout the show.

I think part of it was that, knowing the original game, I was impressed by the challenge of what they were trying to do to cover all 5 story arcs in a 12-episode anime. The creativity of the approach may have overshadowed how strictly I judged the implementation (partly because my brain filled in some of the plot details from the game).

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation