5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-21, 19:15   Link #21
darklegends8

Hanji was awesome this episode, I love it.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:15   Link #22
sayde

Awesome episode. It was cool to see Misaka fair so well and yet I appreciate her still not fairing anywhere's near as well as Levi did. It's too bad he's got that injury. Otherwise, this battle would've been over already.

Anyways, I'm greatly looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully Eren will finally get a win this time. If the next episode can end like that, I'll be more than satisfied with the entire season. Seriously, the final episodes of the season can make or break the entire thing for me. And since I don't know if we'll be seeing a season 2 any time soon, a clear victory for Eren would be all the closure I need to feel content and fulfilled. So if there's got to be a cliffhanger, I sure hope it doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of this fight.

PS: I STILL LOVE YOU ANNIE!!!

Last edited by sayde; 2013-09-21 at 19:26.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:20   Link #23
erika4dsl

Ohhhh goodness Mikasa was so badass and sexy fighting Annie.
Eren was a bit annoying since it was taking him a while to transform, but his transformation scene and that bitch punch made up for it.
Armin was brilliant as usual.

God it would've been so cool to see Levi fight, but the fight would end not long after it started if humanity's strongest is in it.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:25   Link #24
kitten320

My fave part was Annie's actual transformation at the beginning, it was beautifully animated.

Disliked part is that in the end Eren changed with a mindset to kill. He never had this kind of thought in manga what puts his and Annie's relation on different perspective.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:32   Link #25
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I think they're reusing the same music to much heh, It's good music, but using the same piece 3-4 episodes in a row can sorta make it feel lazy

It's probably just me, but the animation seemed a little iffy. Again, probably just me though, I did wait until 1 am to watch this thing

Other than that, awesome facial expressions by Eren before his transformation. It reminded me of a werewolf transforming where the face scrunches up as it begins to fully change. That punch at the end had me "Ooooing!" and laughing at the same time because of how brutal it looked

Hanji was also brilliant this episode, we don't get to see much of her on the battlefield, only behind the scenes really. Before this episode, she had an unhealthy titan fetish but showed it with pleasure and humour. Now though, damn, she went all yandere up in Annie's face haha

Also, I was so bummed when Erwin didn't get to go into battle We saw him get all his gear ready and about to take off then bam, he gets stopped. Damn you Military Police!

Last edited by DXMichael; 2013-09-21 at 19:47.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:35   Link #26
supermegasonic

episode 24 (holy crap one more episode left apparently, it really doesn't feel like that)
i know for a fact that ppl are gonna use those screenshots of mikasa looking very strongly at eren for yandere mikasa or "your gonna get raped" gifs/jokes
for a second i thought mikasa was gonna say "do you....do you like annie?" and than shit would go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekart View Post
Is it just me or did it seem like Mikasa was mad because she felt Eren had feelings for Annie?
so thankfully i wasn't the only one to notice that
Old 2013-09-21, 19:42   Link #27
mpt37

Dammit, after watching it I instantly wished I skipped this weeks episode and watched it together with the finale. Obviously it was going to be another cliff hanger, but I just couldn't help it. Gonna be a long week.

Not since Gurren Lagann has an anime left me so pumped after every episode.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:44   Link #28
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post

Hanji was also brilliant this episode, we don't get to see much of her on the battlefield, only behind the scenes really. Before this episode, she had an unhealthy titan fetish but showed it with pleasure and humour. Now though, damn, she went all yandere up in Annie's face haha
Considering that Annie killed lots of her friends, that was expected
She sure won't go easy on her.
Old 2013-09-21, 19:54   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Dammit, after watching it I instantly wished I skipped this weeks episode and watched it together with the finale. .
So did I. And let's also make sure Kitten is somehow prevented from watching RAW next week.

It's going to be a long week indeed.

Btw, the music was pure sex!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:59   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The filler scenes had their highs and lows, but even the lows were still good. I do think they pushed the hesitation a bit too much, though I understand their need for filler since this is the second to last episode of the season. You gotta keep in mind that the last episode will be shown in cinemas, it has to be grand so they likely just wanted to fit all the Titan vs Titan Round 2 fight into that single episode.

Dat Mikasa jealousy <3
Seriously, she was so much more pissed over Eren possibly having a thing for Annie than anything else. But his hesitation is quite understandable (though it was stretched a bit), the person Annie seemed to have opened up the most to during those 3 years of training seemed to be Eren, going as far as teaching and training him in hand-to-hand. And hell.......is it so hard to believe that Eren might have had a thing for Annie? Just because he has Mikasa constantly fawning over him doesn't mean he likes her back.

I also like the use of Jean in the anime, in the manga his role is much smaller.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:03   Link #31
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You gotta keep in mind that the last episode will be shown in cinemas, it has to be grand so they likely just wanted to fit all the Titan vs Titan Round 2 fight into that single episode.
Spoiler for Round 2:
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:09   Link #32
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
i know for a fact that ppl are gonna use those screenshots of mikasa looking very strongly at eren for yandere mikasa or "your gonna get raped" gifs/jokes
You asked.

Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:12   Link #33
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Mikasa's surely improving every battle. She'll be at Levi levels of ridiculousness in no time hehe, and I love it. She did very well despite the handicap of fighting in the city with debris flying all over and being forced to use very predictable anchor points for 3dmg.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:12   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
You asked.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hahahaha... I wish I could give you some cookies right now. Oh wait, I can...:

Old 2013-09-21, 20:14   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Mikasa's surely improving every battle. She'll be at Levi levels of ridiculousness in no time hehe, and I love it. She did very well despite the handicap of fighting in the city with debris flying all over and being forced to use very predictable anchor points for 3dmg.
Is she getting better each battle? Possibly.
Will she be at Levi level any time soon? Haha...no.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:17   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This is the other thing highlighted in the episode where she absorbed the techniques used by Levi and tried to mimic by incorporating them with her own style of fighting. Levi is still godly when it comes to ridiculous, physics defying movement with his mastery of the 3D gear maneuvering.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:17   Link #37
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So did I. And let's also make sure Kitten is somehow prevented from watching RAW next week.

It's going to be a long week indeed.

Btw, the music was pure sex!
I'll try to control myself next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
You asked.

That's exactly what was running through my head. She is too obsessed. If she keeps it up, she'll turn into Yuno soon and I hated her.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:21   Link #38
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Eren just keeps degrading as a character.
Annie straight up murders every member of his squad, except Levi, plus a LOT of unnamed recon corps members and he refuses to fight her? Because they're friends ?

I mean, come on. If I wanted a reluctant, whiny protagonist I'd watch Evangelion.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:26   Link #39
kitten320

Give the guy a break, it is not everyday that you discover that your friend and someone you respect is a traitor.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:30   Link #40
xellos2099

I kind of prefer that uppercut in the manga to the punch this episode.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote