AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 12:26   Link #8201
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
<derail>

And on the other hand you have companies like Square-Enix sending out cease-and-desist letters to anyone working on an independent fan sequel to Chrono Trigger. At 98% completion.

Maybe they're only assholes to Americans who offer "free advertising" through doujin and fanworks? After all, Japanese are the most racist people on Earth.

</derail>
I gotta wonder why companies look the other way on fan translations of games, then slap down on fan-made games themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
True...just like that joke story of an old lady suing a microwave company because she used it to dry her cat (which died) and there were no warnings about it on the instruction manual
Scary thing is I see stories like that more often than one might think. We should swap stupid-stories websites sometime.
Quote:
For greedy people, yes...but there are those who create stuff and share them with the world for the sake of it.
But yeah, money is needed to support such activity

To be honest, I'm aiming for such a life...but I still find my skills lacking something, so I'm "studying" (aka watching anime, reading manga, playing games) to see all kinds or art styles there are out there.

Once I reach a satisfying level, I'll start posting on Pixiv
Ganbatte yo!
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 03:11   Link #8202
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
No, you don't need to reach a "satisfying level" as that will take forever to take.

What you need is to START POSTING IN PIXIV NAO

*runs*
Unfortunately I have something called "personal standards"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Scary thing is I see stories like that more often than one might think. We should swap stupid-stories websites sometime.
Haha...unfortunately, I don't know anymore...or I just can't remember them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Ganbatte yo!
Thanks
Old 2009-09-15, 03:13   Link #8203
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Trucking through a mid-fight lull...

Spoiler for The hard Parts:

I'm tired but I needed to plow through this part of the fight to get it over since it fell out of sequence I had originally thought up. but I needed to do it. I'm certain I'll probably end up cleaning this part up.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 02:34   Link #8204
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Eh, some part of something somewhere eventually, later, yeah

Random snip
Spoiler for Serene Tempest:

Spoiler for notes:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 19:00   Link #8205
Dr. Casey

Original Character: Ashton

A 26 year old mage in the Time Space Administration Bureau. Inspired by the feats of Nanoha, Ace of Aces, he joins the team hoping to do everything he can to bring peace and prosperity to dimensions everywhere.

Attacks

Starlight Breaker: The same as Nanoha's. He can fire approximately twenty per day before wearing himself out.

Sunlight Breaker: Ashton's ultimate attack. Somewhere around three hundred times more powerful than the Starlight Breaker, however Ashton rarely uses the move because just one Sunlight Breaker consumes so much energy that it removes 35 years from his life.

Father Time's Broken Promise: This magic spell accelerates the aging process, causing a person to progress one year per second. However, Ashton loses the ability to attack for a few minutes afterwards, so if the mage in question is a teenager or twenty-something, then there's a whole minute before his opponent's life expires where Ashton's defenseless.

Neptune's Revenge: Ashton transforms the enemy into a gaseous being, ala Neptune the gas planet. The opponent will gain immortality while in this state, however, no longer limited by the biological processes of old, and can thus remain a political adversary for the rest of eternity.

Animal Fusion: Ashton can fuse animals together to help him in combat. A fusion between a dog, rhinocerous, dolphin, and eagle, for example, results in an extremely powerful, loyal horned animal that can swim and fly. The animals can never be defused, however, and the more animals that are combined in the fusion process, the higher the chances that psychosis will result from too many minds being mixed together.

Two animals: 10%
Three animals: 25%
Four animals: 35%
Five animals: 50%
Six animals: 70%
Seven animals: 90%
Eight animals: 100% until Ashton gains more proficiency with the technique
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 19:33   Link #8206
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oi oi Casey go easy on smoking all that hardcore stuff. It smells worse than the warzone this place usually is.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:49   Link #8207
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Wow, those attacks are... beyond haxx levels.

Especially sunlight breaker and Father Time's Broken Promise. No matter how high a toll. 300 X Starlight Breaker? Let me calc that...

If we look at starlight breaker, not counting Rein's mega amped breaker, Nanoha's kicking out about the firepower of the MOAB... (11 tons)... Sunlight Breaker. at 300 X that is 3.3 kilotons. Not even double S sweety Hayate's meanest attacks rate in more than maybe a kiloton tops at their fiercest.

For scale refferences...
MOAB

100 Ton explosive shot

Operation Sailorhat 500 tons, effects look close to what Hraesvelger does. Including the blowing of flying objects out of the sky. This is 0.5 kilotons.

You're going for someone who can single-fire what is Six times the power of an estimated Hraesvelgr shot.

Yeah, lifespan draining or not, where do you get that kind of energy? Energy isn't free.
Nanoha nearly killed herself pulling off a 5X Starlight breaker combo with an amp from chaingunning cartridges, as well as stringing the ACS, and blaster system into it. Hayate's a synthetic SS level mage and is more or less fused with a powerful magical artifact.

Where's Ashton going to get three kilotons worth of energy?

And I think the time magic bit might be a bit fast. A year per second... I'd curve that back to 1 year for ten seconds. That seems more reasonable.

EDIT:

I'm having another brainstorm.

Haven't really figured out how to give Crash and Co a proper epic showdown but I've been watching a bunch of 'Let's Play einhander' and listening to the track 'Thermosphere', and an idea hit me.

Since 'Zed' is our protagonist to match Crash and Lynn and company, I figure what better way is to tack on some kind of redundancy to the attack on Apeture systems?

So, this happens after the battle of Cranagan. After they figure out who the bad guy is. They make a run on Apeture and Marcellus.

Marc of course, while not Thrawn level smart like Daedalus... is still a Xanatos Speed Chess player and has contingencies.

Contingency 1 is of course that his office tower is a death trap filled with AMF, drones, and every defense emplacement is controlled by Gladdis. ouchies...
Contingency 2 is that he's got an escape shuttle in the top of his tower.
Contingency 3 is that he has something like the 'Arkbird' from Ace combat Five stashed away.

And it's got a nuclear payload. And it's piloted by Zed.

The escape plan is of course that the Mages infiltrate the building and get strung up on the defense emplacements. Then the 'Arkbird' clone launches... If he's going down, FUCK YOU TSAB! It's going to start bombing stuff before it goes down. Using that actually as a decoy in hopes to draw the strong mages away to deal with the 'bigger threat', he makes his getaway on his shuttle.

The way I'll play the story out, is that Crash/Lynn/EDI of course were outside when the 'Exosphere' launches. EDI, with the assistance of Lime/Cherry/Bloodberry doing some hacking, discover just how dangerous that beast really is. So they give chase.

The Exosphere of course, outruns them. Crash can't go fast enough and attack at the same time... EDI can't fly that fast or that high, and Fate likewise cannot fly that high. Nanoha finishes taking out Marcellus in his escape attempt and discovers things aren't so good on the other side of the situation... There's no way to stop it short of arcing it. But it's staying too low in the atmosphere to hit without killing people. It's over!

"It's not over until that bastard Robot is broken!"

Spoiler for Cue the epic music!:

Crash is on the wing of Fox's Arwing! (Lynn's there too, wearing an Oxygen mask or something.)

Perhaps a fully space capable fighter is what it will take to catch up with the Exosphere.

"Punch it Fox! Just get me close!"

Of course, it's not that easy. The deep Sky could technically keep up, but it isn't armed... and the Exosphere is.

In fact, it's VERY armed.

Fox has to dodge around a wall of incoming defensive fire... Crash has to use full defensive mode with the help from Lynn to defend against the shots that score a hit, while trying to hold on to the Arwing as it curls impossibly through the hailstorm at hgh hypersonic. (Mach 15 or so)

Just so he and Lynn can get onboard the Exosphere and have their final showdown with Zed.

So with the Deep Sky trailing safely out of range above, and Fox hanging back harrassing and being harrassed by the defensive guns... (Which are less nightmarish without Zed plugged in and Aimbotting them.)

After Crash beats the bot, he'll have a final plot affecting domino affect on the Exosphere. And they have to bail out of the thing as it comes apart around them.

And we'll leave the cleanup and move into our Lindy/Daedalus fight.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2009-09-17 at 00:16.
Old 2009-09-16, 23:51   Link #8208
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
"Objection!" Serene Tempest shouted. The court roomed sulked deeper into their chairs. Hearing the women speak was one kind of fear. Hearing her shout was more than startling. "You cannot copy Dragon Ball Z and hope to survive as a well written story!"

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 00:31   Link #8209
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Who's copying DBZ? I moida them!
Old 2009-09-17, 00:52   Link #8210
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Original Character: Ashton
My god is this guy OVERPOWERED or what? ATC, you can go tell ol' George Davidson to kiss his bottoms and retire now, 'cos he's no longer God. This guy is.

Tell you what. I'll be as blunt as i can. No sugarcoating of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Casey
Attacks

Starlight Breaker: The same as Nanoha's. He can fire approximately twenty per day before wearing himself out.
Who needs half of of the TSAB's naval fleets when you have this guy? Pew Pew. There, one civil war taken care of. Oh, an SSS+ Lost Logia incident over there. PEW PEW PEW PEW. Yet another one.

Quote:
Sunlight Breaker: Ashton's ultimate attack. Somewhere around three hundred times more powerful than the Starlight Breaker, however Ashton rarely uses the move because just one Sunlight Breaker consumes so much energy that it removes 35 years from his life.
Actually, scratch that. Who needs the entirety of the Bureau's forces when you have an attack like this? 300 Starlight Breakers packed into one? Granted, it's his call since it eats up 35 years of his natural life, but this is just ridiculously overpowered.

Quote:
Father Time's Broken Promise: This magic spell accelerates the aging process, causing a person to progress one year per second. However, Ashton loses the ability to attack for a few minutes afterwards, so if the mage in question is a teenager or twenty-something, then there's a whole minute before his opponent's life expires where Ashton's defenseless.
Wait, what?

Quote:
Neptune's Revenge: Ashton transforms the enemy into a gaseous being, ala Neptune the gas planet. The opponent will gain immortality while in this state, however, no longer limited by the biological processes of old, and can thus remain a political adversary for the rest of eternity.
*points to the one about Sunlight Breaker*

Quote:
Animal Fusion: Ashton can fuse animals together to help him in combat. A fusion between a dog, rhinocerous, dolphin, and eagle, for example, results in an extremely powerful, loyal horned animal that can swim and fly. The animals can never be defused, however, and the more animals that are combined in the fusion process, the higher the chances that psychosis will result from too many minds being mixed together.

Two animals: 10%
Three animals: 25%
Four animals: 35%
Five animals: 50%
Six animals: 70%
Seven animals: 90%
Eight animals: 100% until Ashton gains more proficiency with the technique
Yeap George Davidson's only playing God, because this guy literally is.

This character is so preposterously uberh4xX that I can't even bust it seriously.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:08   Link #8211
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Guys, don't feed the troll, if Casey is trolling us.

Or maybe my sensors are just wonky from smoking too much Khrack.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:21   Link #8212
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Guys, don't feed the troll, if Casey is trolling us.

Or maybe my sensors are just wonky from smoking too much Khrack.
I'm not sure there's a way to tell if this is a "genuine" troll here or I'd be tempted to agree with you.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 01:24   Link #8213
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yeah I was recently introduced to a kind of on-topic troll on another forum, so the yield values haven't been properly calibrated yet...

Nevertheless, it goes to show how crazy Casey's post is, when the resident crazy dude even knows it's crazy.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:50   Link #8214
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Hmmm I haven't done this in a while, but I suppose it'll get me back into the right mindframe.

If this is an attempt at trolling, it was a bad try.

If it's serious, then open the spoiler.

Spoiler for 10-minute review:
Old 2009-09-17, 09:00   Link #8215
Dr. Casey

Thanks a lot for the feedback, everyone. If you're all going to put that much effort into critiquing Ashton, then I'll put more effort into explaining how he got that power.

July 93 (1 Day Old): Ashton is born in Crysonia, a dimension comprised not of dirt and grass but crystals, to a housewife named Maria and a scientist named Stanley.

January 94 (Six months old): Around this time, the TSAB is involved in a losing war. To help turn the tides of battle, they kidnap babies from random dimensions and begin giving them artificial injections of magical power (Though this project is done in secret, of course, lest Nanoha and the others would protest); kids are needed because anyone above the age of six would die if subjected to this process. Ashton is taken from Crysonia.

January 94 - December 98 (Six months old to Age 5): Ashton is given a shot each and every morning to increase his magical power. Stanley's experiments become darker and more twisted as his grief grows heavier, and he starts dabbling in animal fusion so that animals can feel his pain as well. Maria requests that he discover a way to accelerate the aging process, so that they can commit suicide together and leave this hellish world. (They can't simply off themselves via a knife or gun because Maria and Stanley believe strongly in their promise to grow old together.)

December 98 (Age 5): Ashton is returned to his home world of Crysonia. The reunion between Ashton, Stanley, and Maria is one of the most touching that's ever been seen in any dimension.

July 99 (Age 6): For Ashton's sixth birthday, Stanley tells his son about some of the experiments he worked on while Ash was MIA. He purposefully excludes some of the more sinister projects, though, like animal fusion or aging manipulation.

April 100 (Age 6): While snooping around his father's laboratory, Ashton comes across his father's plans for animal fusion and senescence manipulation. These plans are discarded now that Ashton's returned and meaning has returned to Stanley's life, but Ashton thinks animal fusion sounds cool and begins attempting the process himself.

July 100 (Age 7): Ashton conducts animal fusion successfully for the first time, mixing together a black widow with a fire ant the day after his 7th birthday. Happy belated, Ashton.

November 101 (Age 8): Ashton combines three animals for the first time, a fish, toad, and cat.

August 103 (Age 10): Ashton combines four animals, a feat that even his father never accomplished.

November 106 (Age 13): The TSAB jumps around dimensions, gathering the kids used for the magical injection project of the 90s (They waited so long because the minimum age for joining the TSAB was raised to 13 during 95, after years of concerned adults and parents decrying the organization's habitual use of children in combat). They are told about the massive multidimensional conflict the TSAB is wrapped up in, the situation even more brutal and horrible now than twelve years before, and given a chance to join the war effort. Only one quarter of the kids agree to help, Ashton being amongst that quarter. There's one problem, however. Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Vivio, Subaru, Teana, Caro, and Erio believe that even if 13 is the official minimum age, 13 is simply too young for a war as nasty as the one they're involved in. The kids who agreed to help are sent home while the grown-ups discuss their future.

November 106 - January 107 (Age 13): Debate rages between Team Nanoha and the higher-ups of the bureau. The bureau leaders argue that all these kids do have a suspiciously high level of magic, and that with some training they could be sent to the front lines within a year. Nanoha and the rest say they're just too young, and shouldn't be deployed until 16 at the earliest.

January 107 (Age 13): Nanoha's group wins. The eight adults travel around to the dimensions where dwell the kids that wished to fight in the war, hoping to apologize for preventing them from living out their dream. Nanoha herself meets up with Ashton and gives him two weapons as a token of apology. Ashton promises himself that one day he will join the TSAB so that he can bring happiness to people of all dimensions, just like Nanoha.

February 107 (Age 13): Ashton names his weapons Blue Moon and Red Ocean. It takes him a while because he's not good with names.

May 107 (Age 13): While wandering around one day, Ashton comes across an extremely rare crystal known as an Energy Crystal. What's an Energy Crystal, you ask? Well, it's a crystal that slowly imbues whoever touches it with power. This is no normal Energy Crystal, though - it's one hundred feet tall, the largest of its kind in all Crysonia. (It hasn't ever been discovered because Crysonia is a fairly unpopulated and extremely large dimension.) Suddenly, Ashton gets an idea. He returns home and brings his father to the Energy Crystal, asking if there's some way to harness its power. Stanley sets to work.

February 108 (Age 14): At long last, Stanley finishes his work on a device known as the Energy Chamber, an eight foot tall tube filled with the power of the Energy Crystal. Ashton enters, bringing the Blue Moon and Red Ocean along with him.

March 110 (Age 16): The Great War comes to an unexpectedly early close.

September 111 (Age 18): Ashton finally leaves the Energy Chamber. Both his magical powers along with those of his weapons, Blue Moon and Red Ocean, are astronomically increased from three and a half years of absorbing the Energy Crystal's power. Before departing for the TSAB, Ashton shows Blue Moon and Red Ocean the blueprints for some of his father's more devious plans - senescene control and matter transfiguration, namely - and asks if they can somehow devise magic spells that produce the same results as those experiments. A sort of blue magic, if you will. Blue Moon and Red Ocean store the blueprints in their memory and promise to try their best.

October 111 (Age 18): Ashton signs up with the Time-Space Administration Bureau. He's trained under the tutelage of his hero Nanoha. He asks Nanoha to teach him Starlight Breaker, but she has a strict policy to never teach such a powerful technique to any members of the future generation and refuses. When given breaks or leave, he returns home to Crysonia, though spends more time perfecting his Animal Fusion technique than meeting up with friends and family.

April 113 (Age 19): Blue Moon figures out a way to replicate Stanley's matter transfiguration experiment. Enter Neptune's Revenge.

August 114 (Age 21): Red Ocean does the same thing in regards to Stanley's manipulation of the aging process. Father Time's Broken Promise is added to Ashton's list of attacks. As per the Admiral's suggestion, this move has been weakened significantly. This updated version causes a person to age one year per day. A very effective, if somewhat cruel tool for blackmail. He first uses the technique in a kidnapping case, where the middle-aged criminal ends up returning the girl he took rather than risk death within two months (At which point Ashton returns the person to normal and brings him to custody).

September 115 (Age 22): A party is held to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the resolution of the Jail Scaglietti incident. Ashton asks a drunk Nanoha to teach him Starlight Breaker, to which she agrees. Whenever she sobers up, Nanoha is furious with herself for doing such a stupid thing, but since a promise is a promise, she starts training Ashton in the technique.

December 115 (Age 22): Ashton masters the Starlight Breaker. He returns home to Crysonia for the time being, eager to make use of the Energy Chamber once again and secure even more power.

February 118 (Age 24): Ashton, Blue Moon, and Red Ocean emerge from the Energy Chamber, vastly more powerful than before.

November 118 (Age 25): Ashton is bored. Seven years have passed since joining the TSAB, seven years of peace. The dimensions are quite adamant against returning to battle after the hellstorm years that comprised The Great War, and rescue missions are something given to him quite rarely since there's already several divisions in the organization dedicated to such a thing, and the Subaru type with idealistic dreams of bringing happiness to all are a dime a dozen. The last seven years haven't been composed of much but combat training with Nanoha and hanging out with the guys. To combat this boredom, Ashton brainstorms with Blue Moon and Red Ocean to come up with a new technique. The result is the Sunlight Breaker. Basically, Blue Moon and Red Ocean transfer every bit of their Energy Chamber-derived power to Ashton. Backed up with 17 years of concentrated power from the world's largest Energy Crystal, Ashton's capable of firing a shot three hundred times stronger than the Starlight Breaker. The energy transfer will destroy Blue and Red, however, and thirty-five years will be shaved off Ashton's life. Ashton, Blue Moon, and Red Ocean make a promise than in sixty years, once Ashton is reaching the end of his natural life, the Sunlight Breaker will be shot, and Ashton's days will end in a blaze of glory, firing the most powerful technique in the history of the world.

December 119 (Age 26): Ashton's boredom and thirst to use the power gained from the Energy Crystal pushes him over the edge. On the night of December 24th, he journeys across six dimensions which have a strained relationship with the Time-Space Administration Bureau and kills their leaders. Though they deny being responsible for the murders, the public believes the TSAB to be at fault.

January 120 (Age 26): Peace finally ends after ten long years. Ashton signs up for The Second Great War, the conflict that he started himself, and which he plans to do everything within his power to ensure the war remains heated and longlasting (ie killing leaders of other dimensions whenever the time comes, framing members of the TSAB at points to cause discord and internal strife, etc).

The story itself will be much more detailed, of course, that's just a basic outline. Anyway, how's that? Should Ashton still be toned down?

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2009-09-17 at 09:50.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 09:12   Link #8216
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

had a brief read-through since i'm still juggling a few things at the moment, but something stood out like a neon green lightstick in the darkness that i really had to point out.

Quote:
Nanoha herself meets up with Ashton and gives him two weapons as a token of apology.
Strange, for someone who's been campaigning to keep people like him off the battleground... isn't this a little contradictory?

And yes, he definitely should be toned down. Such levels of overpoweredness is what the thread has always been striving against. We discourage even a Starlight Breaker level spell unless you have a really good reason for it, and you're actually pulling out 20, and there's even a spell that's 300 times more powerful. And the reason for his obscenely high mage ranking isn't quite justifiable. It's really pretty much an OVERPOWERED GARY STU.

Last edited by Nya~n; 2009-09-17 at 11:59.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 13:53   Link #8217
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Making a quick speed read.

Just one thing: Ashton would be a quick target for a certain cowboy and other like-minded unsung soldiers. He's the kind of guy they take out to keep the TSAB running and in one piece.

Having said that, easiest way I can think of to kill Ashton would be either to knife him in his sleep, or have Psycho detonate a Fury on top of him. (Or a FENRIS, but let's not get into those...)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 14:49   Link #8218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Wow, those attacks are... beyond haxx levels.
Keroko-kun: Can I-

Keroko-chan: No.

Keroko-kun:
But this opening-

Keroko-chan:
No.

Keroko-kun:
Oh come on! You can't expect me to let this one slip!

Keroko-chan:
Yes I can.

Keroko-kun:
Spoilsport.

Jokes aside, I agree with the others. But lets dive into the explanation a bit:

Quote:
January 94 (Six months old): Around this time, the TSAB is involved in a losing war. To help turn the tides of battle, they kidnap babies from random dimensions and begin giving them artificial injections of magical power (Though this project is done in secret, of course, lest Nanoha and the others would protest); kids are needed because anyone above the age of six would die if subjected to this process. Ashton is taken from Crysonia.
Two, no three questions come to mind:

First, when is this war taking place? Second, who exactly is doing these experiments? Thirdly, why are they even using such a long-term solution when they already are losing?

Quote:
January 94 - December 98 (Six months old to Age 5): Ashton is given a shot each and every morning to increase his magical power. Stanley's experiments become darker and more twisted as his grief grows heavier, and he starts dabbling in animal fusion so that animals can feel his pain as well. Maria requests that he discover a way to accelerate the aging process, so that they can commit suicide together and leave this hellish world. (They can't simply off themselves via a knife or gun because Maria and Stanley believe strongly in their promise to grow old together.)
... A rather silly reason for speed aging, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
July 100 (Age 7): Ashton conducts animal fusion successfully for the first time, mixing together a black widow with a fire ant the day after his 7th birthday. Happy belated, Ashton.
... So he does extremely complicated magic, untrained, unsupervised, unassisted, at the age of 7?

Quote:
January 107 (Age 13): Nanoha's group wins. The eight adults travel around to the dimensions where dwell the kids that wished to fight in the war, hoping to apologize for preventing them from living out their dream. Nanoha herself meets up with Ashton and gives him two weapons as a token of apology. Ashton promises himself that one day he will join the TSAB so that he can bring happiness to people of all dimensions, just like Nanoha.
So she argued against sending these kids to war, and then gives one of those kids she thinks is too young two weapons....

That's kind of like saying 'go left' while pointing to the right, isn't it?

Quote:
September 111 (Age 18): Ashton finally leaves the Energy Chamber. Both his magical powers along with those of his weapons, Blue Moon and Red Ocean, are astronomically increased from three and a half years of absorbing the Energy Crystal's power.
... How astronomical are we talking?

Quote:
October 111 (Age 18): Ashton signs up with the Time-Space Administration Bureau. He's trained under the tutelage of his hero Nanoha. He asks Nanoha to teach him Starlight Breaker, but she has a strict policy to never teach such a powerful technique to any members of the future generation and refuses.
She didn't have much problems teaching it to Teana though.

Quote:
April 113 (Age 19): Blue Moon figures out a way to replicate Stanley's matter transfiguration experiment. Enter Neptune's Revenge.
Just like that?

Quote:
August 114 (Age 21): Red Ocean does the same thing in regards to Stanley's manipulation of the aging process. Father Time's Broken Promise is added to Ashton's list of attacks. As per the Admiral's suggestion, this move has been weakened significantly. This updated version causes a person to age one year per day. A very effective, if somewhat cruel tool for blackmail. He first uses the technique in a kidnapping case, where the middle-aged criminal ends up returning the girl he took rather than risk death within two months (At which point Ashton returns the person to normal and brings him to custody).
This makes me question why have the skill at all.

Quote:
Ashton asks a drunk Nanoha to teach him Starlight Breaker, to which she agrees. Whenever she sobers up, Nanoha is furious with herself for doing such a stupid thing, but since a promise is a promise, she starts training Ashton in the technique.
Yeah. Somehow I can't really see Nanoha holding herself to a promise she considers stupid.

Quote:
February 118 (Age 24): Ashton, Blue Moon, and Red Ocean emerge from the Energy Chamber, vastly more powerful than before.
Now these powerups of his are rather lame, don't you think?

Quote:
To combat this boredom, Ashton brainstorms with Blue Moon and Red Ocean to come up with a new technique. The result is the Sunlight Breaker. Basically, Blue Moon and Red Ocean transfer every bit of their Energy Chamber-derived power to Ashton. Backed up with 17 years of concentrated power from the world's largest Energy Crystal, Ashton's capable of firing a shot three hundred times stronger than the Starlight Breaker. The energy transfer will destroy Blue and Red, however, and thirty-five years will be shaved off Ashton's life. Ashton, Blue Moon, and Red Ocean make a promise than in sixty years, once Ashton is reaching the end of his natural life, the Sunlight Breaker will be shot, and Ashton's days will end in a blaze of glory, firing the most powerful technique in the history of the world.
Huzzah. Considering the power we've seen Starlight Breaker to be capable off, guess that means Ashton is officially the most powerful being on earth. Seriously, the power of 300 Starlight Breakers in one shot? Even with the cost, don't you think that's a bit much?

Quote:
December 119 (Age 26): Ashton's boredom and thirst to use the power gained from the Energy Crystal pushes him over the edge. On the night of December 24th, he journeys across six dimensions which have a strained relationship with the Time-Space Administration Bureau and kills their leaders. Though they deny being responsible for the murders, the public believes the TSAB to be at fault.
So the guy who idolized the Aces and craved nothing more that peace... just gets bored and decided to kill some faction leaders?

You might want to rethink that plot. This switch of characters is anything but convincing.

Quote:
The story itself will be much more detailed, of course, that's just a basic outline. Anyway, how's that? Should Ashton still be toned down?
Yes. 'A giant energy crystal' is hardly an acceptable plot-device for Ashton's absurd power. Especially since we know pumping large amounts of power into the body is a bad thing to do. We saw what it did to Nanoha, after all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 14:53   Link #8219
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

You want to joke at me for pointing out Haxx when I am in myself a frequent offender.

As they say: "Takes one to know one."

But even I know where to draw the line.

When your basic premise for an attack is a 3.3 kiloton DBZ wannabe, you know it's out the window absurd.

Nobody's commented on my idea for giving Crash and Lynn and Epic Showdown with Zed yet.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:33   Link #8220
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

I've been trying to fit some my OCs into the Nanohaverse, hence their powers may be somewhat unique to the Nanohaverse, but I hope they won't be found too overpowered.
Spoiler for characters:

Kind of a lot to write, I kinda got lazy at the end.
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content