AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 16:32   Link #30081
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, I definitely imagine Miyuki being the more active one, given her personality and the fact that the age difference might make Yuuno a bit more hesitant to try anything with her. But beyond that I really have nothing else, except for the idea of Nanoha finding out. And even then, that's more of a Nanoha/Miyuki interaction piece with Yuuno only being mentioned.
I'd read that.

Some other idea you could consider is Yuuno being down due to being rejected by Nanoha and Miyuki decides to cheer him up (I like the idea of "My sister is a fool for passing you up" ).

Or from the other direction, maybe Yuuno's had a thing for Miyuki because of the time spent with her as a ferret (with added flustering since he'd remember seeing her naked in the bath ), but she still only views him as a ferret/her sister's friend. So he has to change her perspective of him through some means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I agree, I do want to write Yuuno in sometimes but yet I don't have a good grip on his character so I don't . He doesn't seem to have changed much between the first 2 seasons and the later series, so there isn't much to do with him in some cases.
Well, since he doesn't get much screen time in StrikerS, you can be liberal with his current personality. If something's changed, though, it would be before when Chrono insult him he'd be all "HEY! WHO'S A FERRET?!" where as post-StrikerS he reacts to Chrono's insults like "... Just... nevermind."

Quote:
I would do that, but I fear being called out for making him OOC since his character is pretty firmly established for at least two seasons of the show.
Making a character OOC from the get go is different from having them undergo character development. If you show the change there's no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Heck, Yuuno getting his own character arc in the Shadowverse would help define a better Fanon!Yuuno anyway. Since in one corner he's dead, dying or a ^$#%, and in the other we don't seem to know what to do with him.
Some see him as some sort of evil schemer who is intent on destroying Nanoha and Fate's relationship. This is my fault, apparently

Quote:
The biggest trouble with that is that Yuuno has a general appeal to most of fandom the way he is--he doesn't have a hugely dramatic personality, he's a genuinely nice guy and he is a great support character (both story-wise and relationship-wise). Unfortunately, those traits aren't really easy to write stories around .
Yeah, we all know being a nice guy makes you boring and undesirable

Quote:
Request finished! Humor instead of pure romance, but hey, it's Signum/Yuuno.

Spoiler for Daddy's Little Girl: Hayate Edition:

Yes, I know Hayate is younger than Signum, but she does consider the Wolkies her kids in canon, and I mostly only used the "daughter" line as a humor thing. And I blame the wedding dress gag on Moczo.
Hehe, see, you can do it! Anyone doing the Gendo (tm) pose is never a good sign Yuuno makes prime crossdressing material and I've made jokes about it in several of my stories too.

Imagine how Hayate would react if he was dating Vita or Rein!

Hayate: Have a seat over there.
Old 2011-03-29, 19:24   Link #30082
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

Yes, I know Hayate is younger than Signum, but she does consider the Wolkies her kids in canon, and I mostly only used the "daughter" line as a humor thing. And I blame the wedding dress gag on Moczo.
LOOOL, the Yagami family is full of psychos . Yuuno, I thought you were a genius? Why would you be so stupid as to willingly marry into that family?

Shamal's passive-aggressive scene with Signum made me laugh . As did the mental image of Yuuno in a wedding dress.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, since he doesn't get much screen time in StrikerS, you can be liberal with his current personality. If something's changed, though, it would be before when Chrono insult him he'd be all "HEY! WHO'S A FERRET?!" where as post-StrikerS he reacts to Chrono's insults like "... Just... nevermind."
True, but I find that I like doing that only for characters who have enough meat in what small bits of personality we see so that I can speculate off of it....and I've said it honestly, I just don't care enough for Yuuno to try and get into his head to write fics about him . In the same way that I don't care enough about any of the Numbers to write fics about them, so it's not just Yuuno who gets that...

Quote:
Making a character OOC from the get go is different from having them undergo character development. If you show the change there's no problem.
*Shrug* Well, I gave it a shot in What Could Have Been, where I did get a bit creative with Yuuno, but he still ultimately told the story for me to make a point about Hayate . That's about the best he can get from me, LOL!

Quote:
Yeah, we all know being a nice guy makes you boring and undesirable
I never said it made Yuuno undesirable (hell, if I went that way I'd totally go for Yuuno : he's smart, kind, supportive and caring--who wouldn't want that? ), but it does make him boring for a fanfic writer .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:37   Link #30083
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, but nice guys tend to suffer a lot more. They keep things bottled up inside because they don't want to cause trouble for others. A great set up for the pent up angst and inner turmoil you love so much

But fair enough if you just don't want to write something. Though if it's the "he's too nice" part that's giving you the trouble, how come some one equally as nice as Fate (I dare say she doesn't have a mean bone in her body) is so widely written for? Sure, her background allows for drama, but so does Yuuno's.
Old 2011-03-29, 19:41   Link #30084
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

LOL! Very cute! And I can totally see Hayate being overprotective of her "kids," given how seriously she takes them as a responsibility (see some of the later A's Sound Stages).

@00-Raiser: I completely agree with seeing a serious Miyuki/Yuuno story in the Shadowverse! Reluctant Ninja and Archaeologist-Librarian combination! And what about the first time Miyuki saw Yuuno in boy form, given how gaga she was over Ferret!Yuuno?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:50   Link #30085
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Imagine how her 'kids' would react if she hooked up with some one

In the last A's sound stage which takes place after the series, everyone gets together for a sakura viewing party. In short, Miyuki, Alisa, and Suzuka all want Yuuno to go back into ferret mode so they can play with him again.

Spoiler for A's SS 03:
Old 2011-03-29, 20:02   Link #30086
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Yeah, but nice guys tend to suffer a lot more. They keep things bottled up inside because they don't want to cause trouble for others. A great set up for the pent up angst and inner turmoil you love so much

But fair enough if you just don't want to write something. Though if it's the "he's too nice" part that's giving you the trouble, how come some one equally as nice as Fate (I dare say she doesn't have a mean bone in her body) is so widely written for? Sure, her background allows for drama, but so does Yuuno's.
True, true. Like I said, with enough idea-crunching I can probably come up with fic ideas for Yuuno--I'm just not motivated .

Hm, well, my obvious answer would be favouritism --I simply like Fate more and find her more interesting than Yuuno (or indeed, many of the other characters in Nanohaverse). On a writer's standpoint, I find that for me at least, Fate has a very extensive and detailed background, which allows for more plot bunnies to spawn, while Yuuno's isn't given much detail and he never refers to it again after that one episode in Season 1 (I'm working off only the animes here), so there's less for the bunnies to chew on .
Old 2011-03-29, 20:14   Link #30087
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

In a way Yuuno is not really interesting because well, no interesting backstory, doesn't have much character, goes from secondary character to tertiary character.

Of course this means that he doesn't get to suffer live through experiences so that is a positive thing.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:49   Link #30088
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

While there are people whose lives are so unremarkable and boring that it would be completely impossible to tell an interesting story based on them (like me), I don't think Yuuno is one of them.

He's an orphan, raised by archeologists, was discovering reality bending items by age 9, has access to vast amounts of knowledge, goes and uncovers ancient civilizations, and is an expert in defense and support magic. Not to mention he's friends with Nanoha, Fate, and other powerful people. Just hanging around them would be enough for an interesting story.

I'd just like to see more people at least attempt to take a shot at writing him. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to read but sadly only myself and a few others will write it. Heck, I'd even settle for a NanoFate fic told from Yuuno's POV.
Old 2011-03-29, 21:09   Link #30089
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Yuuno's completely wasted by the creator; there's so much that could be done with the Scrya clan and such... Wasted.

Quote:
...which allows for more plot bunnies to spawn...
Bunnies.... me?

*runs away screaming* STAY BACK! YOU CURS! KONAIDE!
Old 2011-03-29, 21:11   Link #30090
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I completely agree with seeing a serious Miyuki/Yuuno story in the Shadowverse! Reluctant Ninja and Archaeologist-Librarian combination!

That comment of the Reluctant Ninja and the Archaeologist Librarian just gave me an idea.
Old 2011-03-29, 21:16   Link #30091
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

That comment of the Reluctant Ninja and the Archaeologist Librarian just gave me an idea.
Evacuate! Evacuate! RB's plot bunnies are loose! Flee if you value your life!
Old 2011-03-29, 21:17   Link #30092
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

*explodes into laughter*

You, my friend, are amazing. Hayate acting like a father toward Yuuno was absolutely brilliant! You'd better post this to FF.net! I'll make it one of my favorites right away!

*disappears into the shadows again*
Old 2011-03-29, 21:18   Link #30093
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
*explodes into laughter*

You, my friend, are amazing. Hayate acting like a father toward Yuuno was absolutely brilliant! You'd better post this to FF.net! I'll make it one of my favorites right away!

*disappears into the shadows again*
Posting it to FF.net never even crossed my mind.
Old 2011-03-29, 21:19   Link #30094
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Posting it to FF.net never even crossed my mind.
I'm not surprised.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Evacuate! Evacuate! RB's plot bunnies are loose! Flee if you value your life!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. XDDDDDDDDD *laughs more*

*melts back into shadows again*
Old 2011-03-29, 21:43   Link #30095
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Tempest is taken by a fey mood!

Tempest writes something strange!

Spoiler for Calling:
Old 2011-03-29, 22:04   Link #30096
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post

Spoiler for Calling:
Spoiler for comments:
Old 2011-03-29, 22:13   Link #30097
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for comments:
And yet, RB will feed off of it anyway.
Old 2011-03-29, 22:18   Link #30098
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Calling:
Dammit, Tempy.
Old 2011-03-29, 22:49   Link #30099
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Posted Chapter 3 of "Blood Calls to Blood" to Fanfiction.net ^^. I edited part of Precia's conversation with Vivio, so that hopefully now it doesn't seem like Vivio's just throwing out private information without a bit of guilty prompting!

Also, since people had been asking for it , I deliver!

Blood Calls To Blood

Chapter 4 once again for those who need to re-depress themselves ....
Spoiler for Blood Calls To Blood, Epilogue:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Old 2011-03-29, 22:52   Link #30100
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:

Spoiler for Calling:
Spoiler for commentary:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha