AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 10:57   Link #30961
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Like DC said, I rarely ever look at a pairing from a logical perspective; for me, part of the fun is taking something no one's ever done before and writing it out. Which admittedly, probably only works well for fluff or crack. I admit that if I were going to write a longer, more detailed piece about exactly how the couple got together, I would take the time to develop some backstory to genuinely explain how they got to that point, but for me, the fun of shipping is why I keep doing it, not the logical justifications.

I guess I just tend to think that just as much as love is built on logical thought, it's also built up on the fact that sometimes, you're just attracted to someone and you just click with them. There isn't always a specific reason how or why your relationship works, and if you're trying to find one, then you probably won't last very long in the relationship. Sometimes it's not bad to go along for the fun of it.
While it doesn't have to be something completely logical, there has to be some sort of base. It can be as shallow as one person being the physical type of another or something deep like a shared life altering experience. If you just stick to people together based on nothing, that's being strangled by the red string.
Old 2011-05-28, 11:11   Link #30962
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I admit I'm a bit baffled with the Olivie section. Did Signum actually just stand by and let her die, or did it happen so quickly that she had no chance to react?
If I'm not mistaken, Olivie was shot with a gun in that scene. No chance to react.
Old 2011-05-28, 11:18   Link #30963
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Olivie was shot with a gun in that scene. No chance to react.
I guess Kaiser Armour isn't present on this story(i remember how Quattro laughed at Nanoha's heroic intervention to save the helicopter where Vivio is in, argumenting that even if the thing explode and crash Vivio will be completely unharmed xD).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 11:28   Link #30964
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I get that; what I don't get is that if Signum never had the chance to react in the first place, or if she knew what would happen and let it happen. From DC's writing, it seems to lean on the latter instead of the former.
Old 2011-05-28, 13:52   Link #30965
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
Can't you do both Hayate/Vivio and the Logs? C'mon. It's the Logs :'<
Quote:
We'll see, we'll see. Maybe we can work Hayate/Vivio into the Logs... *shot*
*Snicker* . Ah, wouldn't that up the crack content of the Logs to exponential heights?

Quote:
Heh, got ninja'd. And now you know we'll need the Reunion scene, yes? I really like this Signum Horribly battered and hopeless - then you had to give her hope... and dash it, again lol!! Very very curious about what the heck Shamal and Vita were doing though.
LOL, I kind of did already do a reunion scene , although it wasn't the first reunion after the events of the interlude. What Shamal and Vita were doing is actually one of the foreshadowing moments ^^, since I haven't gotten into Shamal's side of things in the main story yet.

Hehe, yes, a battered, hopeless Signum ....so fun to write!

Quote:
Oh yes. You have earned your name as the Queen of Tragedy.

Very nice. A good look into Signum's head, and a very detailed explanation as to why Signum in particular is so hard on Fate... though personally, a large part of me is still saying "Suck it up and stop alienating her, you prick!" It's all well and good to feel guilty over failures, but if you don't let it go, you'll lose what you have. Signum seems on the way to that.
I have to work to keep my title!

Yeah, I look back and realized that I was laying it on a bit thick , but hopefully these interludes (I have ones planned for Yuuno and Carim too, and maybe Nanoha...and depending on time/how much gets into the main story, some for the Wardens as well) will help the readers see a little of why they're acting that way towards Fate. (And, of course, make their post-death realizations about Alicia even more painful ....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow just, wow! I was expecting to read this kind of Signum since nearly a year ago xD! I know she's has a stone expression but that doesen't mean she can't feel sadness or guilty, specially after screwing up spectacularly, seeing her struggling in a world where the ones of her kind are getting crecently overpowered and forgotten. I will keep reading this(or at least catching the Signum-related chapters) to find how this rotten knight will regain her honour ...or encounter finally with a pacefull eternal rest.

By the way, if this chapter is to be believed Vita is dead, Shamal is with the enemy and Zafira is nowhere to be seen right? Looks like i find a new favourite fic xD.
Thank you ^^, I'll do my best to finish off my other fics and come back to this one soon! Signum is such a classic Failure Knight, even in A's . It's fun to try and peek under her tough skin and see what kinds of things would bring her down, in a way that hopefully doesn't ruin her badassery . And about her ending.... Heh heh heh, we shall see ....

Spoiler for maybe slight spoiler for Angel's early chapters:

Quote:
I admit I'm a bit baffled with the Olivie section. Did Signum actually just stand by and let her die, or did it happen so quickly that she had no chance to react.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I guess Kaiser Armour isn't present on this story(i remember how Quattro laughed at Nanoha's heroic intervention to save the helicopter where Vivio is in, argumenting that even if the thing explode and crash Vivio will be completely unharmed xD).
Quote:
I get that; what I don't get is that if Signum never had the chance to react in the first place, or if she knew what would happen and let it happen. From DC's writing, it seems to lean on the latter instead of the former.
Er, I had intended to show that Signum didn't know what a gun was , since all she knew were old-style weapons and magic, both of which she knew she was fast enough to block. So it caught her off guard, with tragic consequences. But perhaps I hadn't made that clear enough?

I had some thoughts about Olivie and that whole kingdom that may return in later chapters , but overall she isn't supposed to be a mage and so she has no magic or her Kaiser Armour .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:59   Link #30966
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
*Snicker* . Ah, wouldn't that up the crack content of the Logs to exponential heights?
It could potentially put Vivio into a threesome situation, though. Or a foursome, if you count Yuuno being dragged along by Hayate...

Quote:
Er, I had intended to show that Signum didn't know what a gun was , since all she knew were old-style weapons and magic, both of which she knew she was fast enough to block. So it caught her off guard, with tragic consequences. But perhaps I hadn't made that clear enough?
Ah, okay, I see. My confusion comes from the fact that she just calmly walked away from all of it, so I sort of assumed that while it all happened too quickly for her to actually do anything to prevent it, she had also to some extent stood off to the side and let it happen. I didn't realize that Signum didn't actually know what a gun was until after Olivie had already been shot.
Old 2011-05-28, 19:59   Link #30967
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
So, once more some post-Shadowverse ViCia fluff. Mostly from Vivio's POV and such, mostly because I'm trying to get a feel for her character, and I always like how Dezo writes her in his post-Shadowverse stories. So I tried to capture some of that and bring it to life here. Let's see if it worked, shall we?

Spoiler for With Time:

I wonder what exactly does it say about me that I found nothing odd or out of place, or even missing from this piece. Strangely enough, I felt it was perfect the way it currently is, because I feel that, in here, Lutecia and Vivio's intimacy has reached a point in which they can understand each other without needing to actively say what they're feeling or what they mean. I thought it was sweet and I liked the atmosphere.

Nice job, RB. ^^
Old 2011-05-28, 20:08   Link #30968
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
It could potentially put Vivio into a threesome situation, though. Or a foursome, if you count Yuuno being dragged along by Hayate...
If Amitie and Kyrie comes along... that makes a six- *SCHOOL DAYZ YANDERE TECHNIQUE!*
Old 2011-05-28, 21:28   Link #30969
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:

As I admitted to DC in a VM, I didn't exactly know how to justify the question without rambling. The idea is that she's asking because she's concerned about Lutecia being able to stay herself and not break down when it comes to her Shadow work, even after two years. I just didn't exactly know how to word it without seeming like I was going off on a tangent.
Ah, I did get that part of the message, but was wondering more about Vi's feelings when she asks the question. Was it motivated by her own anxiety (I suspect there would still be some), was she asking for Cia's benefit, or...?

You mentioned that Vi asks the same question time and time again, and it's not an easy question to ask because their relationship and past events demand something more than a cursory 'yeah i'll be fine' answer either. I just keep getting the feeling that there is *something* in their interaction that Vi has insight to but I don't :P

Quote:

LOL, I kind of did already do a reunion scene , although it wasn't the first reunion after the events of the interlude. What Shamal and Vita were doing is actually one of the foreshadowing moments ^^, since I haven't gotten into Shamal's side of things in the main story yet.

Hehe, yes, a battered, hopeless Signum ....so fun to write!

Exactly ;P THE reunion scene is mandatory now that you've elaborated on their past relationship.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:22   Link #30970
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Jail. Bait.

Quote:
Ah, okay, I see. My confusion comes from the fact that she just calmly walked away from all of it, so I sort of assumed that while it all happened too quickly for her to actually do anything to prevent it, she had also to some extent stood off to the side and let it happen. I didn't realize that Signum didn't actually know what a gun was until after Olivie had already been shot.
Aha, I see where the confusion was now ^^.

I actually did think about it a bit and wondered about the believability of that , but I thought that I might slip by with the explanation that Signum, Shamal and Vita would probably be very behind on the technological advances of humans since they were really apathetic to it all. But Signum clearly grew out of that apathy, given how years later she is able to judge the quality of guns around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I wonder what exactly does it say about me that I found nothing odd or out of place, or even missing from this piece. Strangely enough, I felt it was perfect the way it currently is, because I feel that, in here, Lutecia and Vivio's intimacy has reached a point in which they can understand each other without needing to actively say what they're feeling or what they mean. I thought it was sweet and I liked the atmosphere.

Nice job, RB. ^^
Ah, yes, I agree with how sweet it was ^^--but I guess I saw it as a great fic for showing how they both are years later, with all the character development/growth happening off-screen. But since the reader hadn't gotten to see any basis for it (in Vivio at least, Lutecia did get a fair amount of development on it so far), it requires utter faith in RB's word from the reader in that Vivio had grown into this adult!Vivio, instead of feeling "Yup, I can see that happening" based on what we knew of Vivio as a teenager .

Not that I have no faith in RB's word --I do. It's just that RB was talking about wanting to do more from Vivio's POV, and I didn't really find that in the fic, so I commented. Otherwise, it stands alone quite well as yet another entry in Shadowverse ^_^.

Quote:
Exactly ;P THE reunion scene is mandatory now that you've elaborated on their past relationship.
LOL . Maybe if I ever get around to writing an interlude for Shamal--otherwise I doubt that it would fit in the story anywhere .
Old 2011-05-29, 16:07   Link #30971
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
A bit NSFW.

Dusk

Red 1-20

Red 21

Red 22

Red 23

Red 24

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 25:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 21:35   Link #30972
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

A double post?

Haven't done that in awhile.

Dusk

Red 1-25

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 26:

Old 2011-05-29, 22:35   Link #30973
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Ah, I did get that part of the message, but was wondering more about Vi's feelings when she asks the question. Was it motivated by her own anxiety (I suspect there would still be some), was she asking for Cia's benefit, or...?
A combination of her own anxiety and Cia's benefit; she still remembers the breakdown she went through, she knows what caused it, and she doesn't want it to happen again.

Quote:
You mentioned that Vi asks the same question time and time again, and it's not an easy question to ask because their relationship and past events demand something more than a cursory 'yeah i'll be fine' answer either. I just keep getting the feeling that there is *something* in their interaction that Vi has insight to but I don't :P
So noted, and I'll work on it. After talking with DC a bit, I have an idea of where I want Vivio to be post-Shadowverse, it's now just a matter of figuring out how to take where she is right now in LDG and move her to that point. All the feedback I get helps.

Quote:
Jail. Bait.
Jail. Bait. Wait.

Quote:
Aha, I see where the confusion was now ^^.

I actually did think about it a bit and wondered about the believability of that , but I thought that I might slip by with the explanation that Signum, Shamal and Vita would probably be very behind on the technological advances of humans since they were really apathetic to it all. But Signum clearly grew out of that apathy, given how years later she is able to judge the quality of guns around her.
Ah, gotcha.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:32   Link #30974
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Instead of sleeping or studying for my final exam (which will be in nine hours time) , I was instead editing my contribution to the small/non-existent Hayate x Vivio fandom .

Spoiler for You Never Lose By Loving:
Old 2011-05-30, 07:01   Link #30975
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
A double post?

Haven't done that in awhile.

Dusk

Red 1-25

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 26:
Belkan magic burn a lot of calories? I can't imagine how much Subaru, Ginga and Erio will eat when the Takamachi sisters decided to teach them Black, White, Astral and Shamanistic magic...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 08:38   Link #30976
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Instead of sleeping or studying for my final exam (which will be in nine hours time) , I was instead editing my contribution to the small/non-existent Hayate x Vivio fandom .

LOL this had me grinning ear to ear all the way through. Poor Vi - hey you know what? This is fluff territory but you still made your characters suffer

I did, however, do a double take when Vi was moping to Lutecia and Lu offered to help XD

All the best for the final exam!
Old 2011-05-30, 09:47   Link #30977
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Yes, you posted it!

I like how you approach the issue from the angle of the crush never being taken seriously; it's something new that I've never seen brought up before when it comes to couples with massive age differences between them, and it made poor Vivio much more sympathetic since she was pretty much the only one who knew she was serious about her feelings, even as a teenager.

I also very much like how it ends; you have enough small, subtle hints on Hayate's side to come to your own conclusion of how she feels, and it's so open-ended that it's easy to imagine for yourself what happened after the end.

Unless you write a sequel, obviously.
Old 2011-05-30, 10:06   Link #30978
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

... dammit, DC, it's bad enough that I already have a cavity, are you trying to give me more?
Old 2011-05-30, 11:22   Link #30979
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Awww, so very cute, and fluffy! Well, sort of fluffy, since Vivio is going through frustration and heartache the whole time, but it's leavened with humor so you don't start really feeling for her until nearly the end (actually, around the time she loses her temper). And as RB said, there's just enough hesitation on Hayate's part so that you can imagine she's aware of Vivio's feelings and...waiting to see.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:36   Link #30980
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

So, talking to someone on AIM gave me a heck of a plot bunny.

Spoiler for Her Lament:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha