AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-02-12, 22:55   Link #4961
itachi-san314

at the very least this chapter really delivered on one of the biggest reasons i still read bleach. the artwork
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:33   Link #4962
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosmos View Post
Forgive my lack of bleach terms, but I am going to do my best to ask this question....
So when Bambi Quincy (the one with the bomb powers) fought whoever, she turned into a angel type thing with wings. She said that she couldn't use this power while having a banki. Doesn't the fear type Quincy have senbonzaku banki??? How can she use the power then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The petals are Byakuya's shikai, not bankai.
Äs Nödt no longer has Byakuya's Bankai.

Quote:
I was trying to look for the more appropriate translation (which is in German) for Tatar Foras.
Tatar as "Toter" seems like a good match because of his corpse-like appearance.
If it's even German. It should be, since all the other Quincy abilities are in German, but you never know. "Tatar Foras" doesn't sound German at all, and German has a standard term for "fear of God" (神の恐怖 - the Japanese meaning of Äs Nödt's power), which is "Gottesfurcht" (lit. "God's fear"). From what I can find online, the furigana (pronunciation kana) are タタル・フォラス (tataru forasu). Any ideas from the more linguistically inclined among us?

EDIT: Couple of interesting words that could be related:

Tataru: Japanese for "to curse/haunt/torment"

Foras: The name of a mythological demon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foras

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-02-12 at 23:56.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 03:48   Link #4963
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Bro science at it's finest
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 15:25   Link #4964
Alchemist007
*Author

Zombie Ulquiorra really doesn't take dying easily.
Old 2014-02-13, 21:04   Link #4965
flack

bleach should be renamed bullshit with the way its going.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 06:14   Link #4966
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
bleach should be renamed bullshit with the way its going.
WTF is wrong with you, people?

Rukia should've been able to solo a captain+ class opponents with her Shikai alone? Renji at least got a nice Bankai upgrade. This chapter had 0 inconsistencies, with the exception of Bleach's usual "Saving someone in the last moment", but even that, in that particular case, could be explained - Byakuya surely would like to take revenge on As Nodt, and would gladly observe the fight to learn more about her abilities.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 08:17   Link #4967
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post

Rukia should've been able to solo a captain+ class opponents with her Shikai alone? Renji at least got a nice Bankai upgrade. This chapter had 0 inconsistencies, with the exception of Bleach's usual "Saving someone in the last moment", but even that, in that particular case, could be explained - Byakuya surely would like to take revenge on As Nodt, and would gladly observe the fight to learn more about her abilities.
Her abilities? Has Nodt's gender even been clarified?
Old 2014-02-14, 15:48   Link #4968
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I take it Rukia has become Yamcha of the series now, right?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I see nothing
Well I had posted 3 imags in resposne to yours. But looks like some mod deleted my whole post; due to what may have looked like "multi-quote" spam" .
Old 2014-02-14, 15:56   Link #4969
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Yes.

Well I had posted 3 imags in resposne to yours. But looks like some mod deleted my whole post; due to what may have looked like "multi-quote" spam" .
I think the images were deleted because they contained links to websites that scan mangas and those are not allowed. When I want to put an image I just copy from the website, save it to my computer, remove any trace to from the website and upload it.

Nevertheless, you guys completely missed a chance to make a "The Heart" joke.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 19:04   Link #4970
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't know what language 'Tatar Foras' is but it certainly isn't german.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post

People aren't mad because Rukia can't defeat As Nodt, they're mad because she just got a serious power upgrade and STILL needs to be saved. She forced her opponent to get serious but nothing more. Let's just face it, Kubo makes his female characters look pathetic in order to enable their shining knights.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 20:50   Link #4971
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Or it proves that Royal Guard training doesn't mean a complete smackdown of the opposition.
Did everyone forget that Renji and Komamura-taichou jobbed a lot harder throughout the series than Rukia?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 23:17   Link #4972
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Did everyone forget that Renji and Komamura-taichou jobbed a lot harder throughout the series than Rukia?
Only when it helps them make the argument that Bleach is sexist. Welcome to the internet. ^_^
Old 2014-02-14, 23:18   Link #4973
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Well, it looks like Kubo is pretty much done with Rukia at this point.

Congratulations, Sensei, you've managed to destroy every female character in this series at this point: the ladygami are either not fighting much(Isane/Nanao) or nearly dead(Soi/Matsu) to being killed off just to powerup one of the big leagues(Uno).

Congratulations for killing off the last hope I had of Rukia being useful. Couldn't wait to bring back Nii sama couldn't you? What's wrong the editor didn't like Rukia fighting?

KILL THEM ALL AS NODT. MAKE SURE THEY ARE SCARED SHITLESS AND CRAP THEIR PANTS AND MAKE SURE THEY'RE BOTH DEAD THIS TIME

I seriously fear what will happen to Yoruichi now.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:11   Link #4974
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I seriously fear what will happen to Yoruichi now.
it already happened against aizen. she was the least impressive between herself, kisuke and isshin and the only reason she was capable of anything was because of those dumb boots and gloves that kisuke made for her
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 03:39   Link #4975
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Only when it helps them make the argument that Bleach is sexist. Welcome to the internet. ^_^
Did this just validate that it is okay to shitpost about Bleach?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-02-15, 16:15   Link #4976
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how people really expected Rukia to be useful.
The whole first part of the series, she was nothing more than a side character without any power. Even Orihime was more useful than her. (She could still be)
It's not that this wasn't expected....but with the RG powerup she got, she should've been able to do a helluva lot more before switching over to Byakuya. Renji, whose track record is on par with Chad's when it comes to losses, beat someone that took out three captains and two powerful gami. Rukia is just being used as fodder to powerup her brother.

Making Rukia a VC is the worst thing that Kubo's done for her throughout the series.

Orihime has those shields working for her at least. But I doubt that Kubo is going to powerup her either. Same with Chad.

And with the way the female 'gami have been dropping like flies, I'm not expecting Yoruichi to stick around.
Old 2014-02-15, 17:26   Link #4977
shalala

IIRC that Virzard that fought with Byakuya also had an eye attack that did something and now Nodt also has an eye attack that does something who's also fighting Byakuya. Ain't that a bit meh?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 19:43   Link #4978
SeanQ

nope ... the difference is as nodt can catch byakuya with his eyes because of bya's safe zone kekeke

but yeah still a dumb repeated fight
Old 2014-02-15, 22:26   Link #4979
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It's not that this wasn't expected....but with the RG powerup she got, she should've been able to do a helluva lot more before switching over to Byakuya. Renji, whose track record is on par with Chad's when it comes to losses, beat someone that took out three captains and two powerful gami. Rukia is just being used as fodder to powerup her brother.
That's just overestimating the skills of a Shinigami under the training of a Royal Guard.
Hell, I'm happy that Rukia needed help because it doesn't make Royal Guard training an absolute powerup against the Sternritter.

Spoiler for Medaka Box:

Quote:
Making Rukia a VC is the worst thing that Kubo's done for her throughout the series.
Not as bad as making a VC like Momo who did nothing but be the first and most-hit victim to Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu.

Quote:
Orihime has those shields working for her at least. But I doubt that Kubo is going to powerup her either. Same with Chad.
I don't think humans are capable of climbing into the current level of powerlevels, unless Shunsui has some plans for them back in Karakura Town.

Quote:
And with the way the female 'gami have been dropping like flies, I'm not expecting Yoruichi to stick around.
It's not like the males have been standing strong either.

Old 2014-02-16, 04:08   Link #4980
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Not as bad as making a VC like Momo who did nothing but be the first and most-hit victim to Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu.
Swear to God that when Momo showed up a while back during the Bambietta fight, I half expected to see Aizen back, too, just so we could see her run through by or because of Kyouka Suigetsu again...

Tags
bleach, chapter