AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-29, 14:59   Link #1
DrFuko

[Manga] Chapter 443 Discussion

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Hmmm, we got an early release this week. This spoiler came from the same guy who gave us the ch. 442 spoiler last week, so please bear with me. (Thanks Arlong Park and SaiyaJedi)

* Brooke himself is really undead, but that's only because he ate a Devil Fruit (Yomi Yomi Fruit which roughly translates to undead fruit) which allowed him to become undead. What the Devil Fruit did was grant him a "2nd life." In other words, he just could not swim throughout his life... until he died.

*When Brooke was killed by some pirates in the florian zone, it took his soul 1 year to find his body. By then, however, all that was left was bones and an afro.

*Brooke is/was a musician, cannot be reflected by mirrors, doesn't have a shadow, dissapears when he stands in daylight, and can walk on water (because he is so light).

*This week, the crew sees an island that has no reaction by the log. Brooke says that they better not go to that island, however, for some reason, Brooke ignores his own advice and runs towards it.

*Luffy with his sparkly eyes wants to see such a cool ghost island....

So there they go!

l8ers, ya'll

Last edited by xris; 2007-01-29 at 15:30.
Old 2007-01-29, 15:50   Link #2
AtARUpt

i just heard this @ another forum.. dunno if it's true : could be a huge spoiler so...

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

Last edited by AtARUpt; 2007-01-29 at 18:23.
Old 2007-01-29, 18:27   Link #3
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Better-quality translation (from a certain place):

----Brooke ate the "Yomi-Yomi" fruit [presumably 黄泉, the underworld]. Until he died, he just couldn't swim, but once he died, he had the ability to come back to life a single time.

A number of decades ago, when he was a pirate, someone massacred him [and his crew] in the Florian Triangle. His soul managed to find his dead body, but because it took a year, it had been reduced to bleached bones. However, his roots were strong so his afro remained the same as ever. Before he died, he was a musician. Being undead, Brooke has no reflection in the mirror, casts no shadow, and disappears when hit by sunlight.
(He tells them all this over dinner.)

This week, a ghost appears behind Zoro in the room. When they go outside, an island is visible that the Log Pose doesn't respond to. Brooke explains that it's a ghost island he's been searching for, that appeared through the fireworks (?) in the barrel. He doesn't recommend landing there, but because he apparently wanted to see it again, he runs across the surface of the water to the island (since he's just a skeleton, he's light). Luffy, starry-eyed, wants to go to the island.----

This all seems very interesting, but if Brooke disappears in sunlight then even if he actually is the next strawhat we won't be seeing much of him
Old 2007-01-29, 18:40   Link #4
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Being undead, Brooke has no reflection in the mirror, casts no shadow, and disappears when hit by sunlight.
Odds are that these will all be things that will work to his advantage when fighting the next rival group...

Quote:
a ghost appears behind Zoro in the room
I wonder if he'd actually get freaked out over it, or if he'd remain unaffected as usual
Old 2007-01-30, 11:52   Link #5
Vree

That settles it, then. He's a musician = he's the 9th member.
Old 2007-01-30, 18:32   Link #6
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
That settles it, then. He's a musician = he's the 9th member.
Thats just what Oda wants us to think!
Old 2007-01-30, 22:56   Link #7
Hikari no Clover

is this info credible?

scared me

luffy has been looking for a musician for a long time , so he has a high opportunity to be 9th menber

also,he has died once, does it mean he can not die anymore?
Old 2007-01-30, 23:06   Link #8
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well haven"t seen the latest manga chapter
but this seems to be surprising news that Luffy could possibly gain a new member again!
i dont know how Brooke looks like but he sounds like a good nakama for the straw hats
i remembered Luffy saying that he wanted a musician in his crew
so this maybe his chance to snatch one!
hahahah
but his side effects of his devil fruit power seems to make him kind of vulnerable
especially in the sunlight

i wonder how this will turn out for the straw hat crew

and oda likes to keep his fans in suspense
hah!
Old 2007-01-31, 06:08   Link #9
chitgoks

who knows.. his effect on sunlight makes him good for stealth espionage

but yeah.. he's a musician so there you have the 9th member of the crew.. his powers should be cool... undead powers
Old 2007-01-31, 17:45   Link #10
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
ok, he's musican and Luffy asked him to join the crew,
he is crazy and cool enought to join the crew and become SH musican or he will betray them very soon...

I don't know how the hell a skeleton could fight ? what kind of "super atacks" he could have ? bone bone punch?
Old 2007-01-31, 18:37   Link #11
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
ok, he's musican and Luffy asked him to join the crew,
he is crazy and cool enought to join the crew and become SH musican or he will betray them very soon...

I don't know how the hell a skeleton could fight ? what kind of "super atacks" he could have ? bone bone punch?
Well, if he is not a fighter type, Usopp could give him some totally random weapon.
I just hope he won't be a ripoff of Naruto's Kimimaro.
Old 2007-01-31, 22:48   Link #12
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

maybe the powers would be the ability to summon and control the dead.

so its like can summon roger gol d as an undead and let him pwn every one
Old 2007-02-01, 04:00   Link #13
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

* Brooke himself is really undead, but that's only because he ate a Devil Fruit (Yomi Yomi Fruit which roughly translates to undead fruit) which allowed him to become undead. What the Devil Fruit did was grant him a "2nd life." In other words, he just could not swim throughout his life... until he died.
Hehe, I was right.
Old 2007-02-01, 08:06   Link #14
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Ive just read a full translation of the chapter and it seesm that Brooke may be the new nakama.
For all the people sying that a new nakama wouldnt join so soon and abruptly here is the explaination:
Brooke actually refuses Luffy's request to be the strawhats new nakama but says he would have loved to have gone along with then if only he had his shadow (which was stolen from him, meaning he will die in sunlight), then a ghost island appears and it seems that the person/thing that stole his shadow is on the island and Luffy really! wants to go there despite everyone else saying it's a dangerous place

So it seems that the strawhats will have to have an adventure to secure Brooke as a nakama afterall.
Old 2007-02-01, 11:45   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

A great chapter. The dialogs, emotions, and reactions are really great.

And, it seems that musician Brooke will become a nakama using the hard way, by helping him find his shadow in a strange island full of One Piece worthy of adventure.

Maybe, we will have a chance to meet someone special in this new arc.
Old 2007-02-01, 13:11   Link #16
marvelB

Man, Brooke is just too awesome. He'll definitely get his shadow back from Thriller Park and join the crew now that we know that he's a musician (a violin-playing undead skeleton FTW!). Plus, he gives Sanji a real run for his money on the whole "perverted gentlemen" bit (asking to see Nami's panties again, then later offering Robin a smaller piece of meat). And finally, the guy can even run on water! I think that'll come in handy for the crew at some point....

And as for Thriller Park, I'm hoping that the crew fights ghost pirates or zombies or something there (and considering the name, they might b dancing zombies). Heck, I'm finding this storyline more interesting than the upcoming Merman Island storyline right now....
Old 2007-02-01, 18:31   Link #17
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Ive just had a brainwave!!!!!!

Could it be that Blackbeard stole Brooke's shadow???? he doesnt have the power of the darkness fruit after all. That wouldnt explain the whole Thriller island thing mindyou.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:27   Link #18
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Brooke's not a fighter, he's a lover ;p

He asked Robin for her pantsu, and she just narrowed her eyes like that:

It could be blackbeard who stole Brooke's shadow, but it was a while ago...
Old 2007-02-01, 19:35   Link #19
DrFuko

blackbeard ate the darkness fruit not so long ago...

Brook's been in the ocean for at least 11 years. Very unlikely that Blackbeard stole that shadow.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:53   Link #20
marvelB

Brooke's been stuck in the Triangle for longer than 11 years. He told the SHs that he's been there for decades. Exactly how many decades it's been he hasn't specified, though....

Oh, and something interesting I noticed: Zoro asked Brooke if he had any other secrets to tell them so the crew wouldn't get surprised later on. Looks like Zoro was referring to Robin's past when he asked that....

And speaking of Robin, I find it funny that she's the only one showing an expressionless face when everyone else was freaked out by Brooke and the ghosts (it's almost downright creepy, even...). And as far as Blackbeard goes, I'm very sure that he wasn't the one who stole Brooke's shadow, since Brooke said that his shadow was stolen a few years ago. Blackbeard got his DF powers recently, since he was Ace's subordinate at the time (and Ace was with Whitebeard's crew for 2 years). And even then, Blackbeard's powers don't work that way, anyway (he uses gravity manipulation, remember). So therefore, I'm quite sure that the one who stole Brooke's shadow is an original (and most likely wacky) villain....
Closed Thread