AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 01:16   Link #781
Tommy
Mr. Prince

OMFG I just watched the raw and why oh why can't they get this man to do the whole damn fight! Please someone tell me he's doing more episodes? Although I wish they added more fight in this episode it was f@#king fantastic! And almost humourous in a way because normal luffy looked much better then Gear 2nd luffy in 302, which technically is messed up.

I think this episode showcased the best looking luffy rifle in the series and we even get to see...

Spoiler:

Damn I can't wait to see the HD version! I'm just really glad that the intensity that this fight was supposed to have shown us is finally coming through, it's just a shame that it may be short lived.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 07:45   Link #782
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
in the manga i thought it was smaller but in anime i was pretty much an

Spoiler:
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 20:08   Link #783
danteswrath

My god, Luffy using Giganto pistol on Lucci gave me chills.
danteswrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 09:50   Link #784
ShikaShika
無罪

I stopped watching the anime a long time ago but decided to check out 304 because of the raves here. I just don't understand what was so great about it though, as far as fighting scenes are concerned I didn't think it was actually that good. I'm comparing to the 150 or so first One Piece episodes (though admittedly it's been a long while since I saw them, I remember them being better than this). Oh well, each to his own.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 13:51   Link #785
Tommy
Mr. Prince

^ Must be comparing to the one punch ko Luffy had against that spring dude Bellamy, which was one of the coolest fight scenes in the series but I think this episode is up to par with that one.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-04-10 at 14:21.
Old 2007-04-10, 19:21   Link #786
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Awesome episode except for the fact that Luffy's gear 3 attack looked like something out of Monty Python :/
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:03   Link #787
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm gear 3 has its weaknesses as well. Luffy is out of tricks against lucci.
Old 2007-04-20, 06:59   Link #788
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
I wonder if Luffy will ever be able to combine the two gears in the future to get the speed and gigantic size. I assume thats the only way Luffy can upgrade himself further.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:34   Link #789
NightShadow

Given what we have seen so far, Oda's imagination should never be underestimated.... I'm sure he'll come up with some really creative ways to make Luffy more powerful.
Maybe in the end Luffy can melt himself as he pleases and turns into a semi-logia fruit user lol
NightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 18:30   Link #790
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

All I have to say is the if you watch the last 10 minutes of 304 then 305 you'll see some of the best One Piece villain//verses action the show has to offer...The Lucci backstory changes everything...To think Luffy is actually even staying with this guy is a remarkable credit SOLEY to his fight creativity...In all of shonen anime One Piece kills the competition when it comes to this...Fight creativity is the heart of this show's great action, and this episode with last 10 minutes of 304 are incredible...

Yeah they hosed us on the actual gear 2 fight (Blueno-ep was better in this regard), but damn if Rob Lucci V. Luffy isn't great now...
Old 2007-05-05, 00:55   Link #791
Grave

Is this near the end of the enies lobby arc yet?
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 14:22   Link #792
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It is getting near. As long as Toei doesn't stretch too much.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 20:05   Link #793
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well good news for everyone is that Gear 2nd has been redeemed in episode 308. Although the next episode looks iffy on the quality.
Old 2007-05-09, 15:13   Link #794
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteswrath View Post
My god, Luffy using Giganto pistol on Lucci gave me chills.
I just want to make it clear with everyone that it is "Gigant" and that it is basically the word "giant" with an extra "g" used to more easily pronounce the second syllable.

Aside from that, I think that Gear 3rd Luffy ROCKS!
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 15:19   Link #795
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This week's episode looked great (storywise - animation quality) except for the low-quality fights between strawhats and marines. Those marines should have been at the level of Smoker, but seemed to be nowhere near him.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 16:27   Link #796
shankss
CP10

Spoiler:
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:24   Link #797
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
This week's episode looked great (storywise - animation quality) except for the low-quality fights between strawhats and marines. Those marines should have been at the level of Smoker, but seemed to be nowhere near him.
Taken from OnePieceHQ:

A Captain looks after a single ship in a fleet and the most important (Commodore) have a vast fleet of many vessels at their command. Commanders on the other hand, dont control any vessels but act as aides to Captains. When youre under their command, their word is final and only overruled by one of the Admirals. Captains can either be Commanders (Chusa), Captains (Taisa) or Commodores (Junsho). Ripper, Shepard and Jonnathon are examples of Commanders. Morgan, Nezumi, Hina and T-Bone are Captains. Smoker, Nelson and Purin Purin are Commodores.
_____

I think that's important to note.

To be fair, I think Smoker could be one of the stronger/est Captains in the Marines, but the next rank is Vice Admiral, but I don't think he's quite strong enough for that title.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 01:52   Link #798
shankss
CP10

Spoiler for Captain ranks:

No matter what ranks are, these captains back in CP9 arc were as powerful as hina rank rather than smoker, still they didnt deserve to be that easy-beaten guys.Makes the strongest side World Goverment looks weak.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:57   Link #799
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah it's kinda lame they were even introduced because this arc is long enough and their isn't really anymore time for some drawn out fights so they end up going down like regular marines.
Old 2007-05-12, 23:07   Link #800
strategos

I doubt they will just throw the regular marines.
They are probably going to stretch this fights.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote