AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-11-21, 05:03   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 925 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Welp, looks like early spoilers can be among the things to be thankful for this week! Credit goes to AP's NoxDraz for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Blank". Splash features Perona.

-Interestingly, Perona is featured in the chapter itself! The ghost princess becomes teary-eyed upon reading a newspaper article about her old master. As she decides to leave her current residence, Mihawk tells her to be careful, but at the same time says that it's probably a good time for her to depart as well, as some interesting events are happening at the Reverie.....

-We then cut to the pirate island, Hachinosu (beehive), which is in the Yonkou Blackbeard's territory. Here we see Gecko Moria, who demands to meet with the emperor in question. He's searching for his subordinate Absalom, who arrived at this island several days ago, yet disappeared. It's at this point that Absalom suddenly appears, which relieves the former warlord. However, in his relief, he's suddenly struck from behind by Shiryuu (aka Shiliew) of the Rain! The BB officer concealed himself using the Suke Suke no Mi.... in other words, Absalom's invisibility power!!!

-And the surprises don't end there.... for the "Absalom" that Moria spoke to was another BB pirate in disguise.... Katarina Devon! She too, is in possession of a powerful DF ability.... that of a Ninetails Mystical Zoan!!! It's at this point that Moria comes to a disturbing realization: Absalom was murdered by the Blackbeard Pirates! Devon confirms his worries, saying that they have his corpse in their possession, and offering to return it to him. However, it's at this point that Blackbeard himself speaks to Moria via den den mushi (aka Transponder Snail), saying that he ought to join him. He then asks if he read this morning's newspaper.... for as it turns out, the Revolutionary army commanders fought admirals Fujitora and Ryokugyu on the 4th day of the Reverie in order to liberate Kuma!!! Furthermore, he's aware that not only the Straw-Hats, but several other supernova brats are gathering at Kaidou's turf in Wano.... in fact, Big Mom is headed there, as well! In short, the battle for the throne has begun! We then finally learn Marshal D. Teach's current bounty: TWO BILLION, TWO HUNDRED FORTY-SEVEN MILLION, SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND....!!!!

-Soon after, the curtain raises on Act 2 of Wano. Currently, Inuarashi is fighting against Shutenmaru (aka Ashura Douji)! The both of them seem to be equally matched, but Kinemon interrupts their fight. Meanwhile, in Amigasa village, Tama is being treated by Chopper. Thankfully, her wounds aren't serious. In fact, the girl is more worried about Luffy than her own injuries. However, Chopper assures her that Luffy will be fine, and that the ninja Raizou will help bust him out of prison. Back to Kinemon, the samurai tries to convince Ashura to join his cause, but the bandit refuses. While he admired Oden and would have risked his life for him, he feels he can't forgive the Kouzuki clan's retainers for apparently abandoning the country for 20 years. Even if they suddenly returned, it's not like they can just suddenly fill in the "blank" they left behind after all that time.....!!!

-Meanwhile, at Kaidou's base of Onigashima, Jack is being reprimanded by the other two Disasters: King of the Fire, and Queen of the Plague (seems that the latter is a man, despite the name). However, in the middle of putting down Jack, both King and Queen bicker at each other in a manner similar to Zoro and Sanji....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 10:00   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh this chapter looks like interesting.

So i assume that Blackbeard and his crew got information on how to extract DF powers. That can bring Big Mom's DF theory as well since the main debate is she got the DF power from devouring Carmel alive.

Looks like battle of Five Armies will commence soon enough. Big Mom vs Kaido vs Straw Hats vs Blackbeard vs Marines. Since Marines can't let them go unchecked, surely they will join as well.

I wonder how King and Queen fight like Zoro vs Sanji. I do hope that both can be "kicked out" like when Zoro and Luffy smashes Mr.5 and Ms. Valentine during their quarrel in one punch

Dang... please not another Jack Sparrow Oda...

Last edited by Ramero; 2018-11-22 at 03:52.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 16:39   Link #3
marvelB

Well, I'm glad to know that Moria returned, much as I predicted..... but certainly not under these circumstances. He ended up losing one of his top men to an emperor (and one who was such a fine journalist, at that!). Still, I wonder if he'll really consider joining Teach despite losing Absalom..... well, at the very least, Absa's corpse can be another addition to his zombie army now....

BTW, there's something really interesting to note about the "Pirates Island" that Blackbeard made his home base: It was actually mentioned earlier in the series! Specifically, back during the Davy Back Fight arc, in chapter 306:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Dang, it's been nearly 15 years, but we finally have an in-manga reference to the DBF arc! Now I wonder when Davy Jones will finally come into play?
Old 2018-11-22, 12:15   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't realize spoilers came out yesterday. A really interesting chapter. Moria didn't show up where he was expected. Kind of feel bad for him, first he loses his old crew to Kaidou, and now Absolom to BlackBeard.

It looks like the events of Reverie have been skipped, which is disappointing but maybe I'm speaking too soon and the clock will turn back at some point.
Old 2018-11-23, 02:54   Link #5
charasu
DigiDestinied

Okay..... erosalom die, shiryu have suke-suke ability now.
Another myth type zoan. Nine tail even.

Revo vs marine at reverie
And another war at onigashima that will happen with samurai/mink/pirate/ninja aliance vs kaido vs big mom. Add marine for more chaos if they dont want another 2 emperor classing each other.

Ok. Does shanks still at marijoise?

Damn, this arc so fun.
Old 2018-11-23, 02:55   Link #6
marvelB

Man, I swear, Blackbeard's face looks more and more like Usopp's every time he appears. As for Moria, he still looks the same, interestingly (I'd have thought he'd drop some weight during the skip). And maybe it's just me, but I think Catarina is hot.... I'd especially love a close-up view of her fox form. Lastly, I notice that Oda altered the spelling of Shiryuu's name (from "Shiliew" to "Shiryu").... so I guess it's official, now? I know he hasn't exactly been consistent with romanization in the past (as is the case with many a few manga authors), but still....

Anyway, as for the other two disasters.... wow, I really like King's design. He reminds me a bit of Magellan appearance-wise, but with an all-black suit and a mask. As for Queen, I don't have much to say about him yet, aside from him having what seems to be a metal arm. Gonna wait a bit before I comment on him further. Anyhoo, prison break next chapter, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It looks like the events of Reverie have been skipped, which is disappointing but maybe I'm speaking too soon and the clock will turn back at some point.
Yeah, I also feel it's a bit early to consider the Reverie dealt with, just yet. Maybe we'll get a flashback of its events during the next Wano "intermission" phase, like we just had this chapter.
Old 2018-11-23, 04:05   Link #7
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Devon's character meme is that she thinks she's gorgeous but she actually isn't. It was one of the reasons fans wanted Hancock to join the Straw Hats actually, man those were the days. Also, is it me? Or have zoans been bumped up the DF boss scale recently? I mean with all these mythic zoans popping up, Paramecias are still in the mid rank tier, but Logias are pretty much in the bottom of the barrel since Armament Haki makes them like Paramecias but Awakened 0.5. Anybody else think that King's DF will be a Mythic Zoan Tengu and Queen's will be an evolved version of Magellan's Poison fruit?
Old 2018-11-23, 06:41   Link #8
The Small One

It's been quite long since the last time, but wasn't Devon supposed to be a Giant?

I'm a bit confused though: Wasn't Luffy officially labeled as the fifth Emperor by the WG after his attack on Whole Cake Island? So it should be Goko now and not Yonko. The scan I've seen however labeled BB as one of the Yonko, so what is it now?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 07:45   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's been quite long since the last time, but wasn't Devon supposed to be a Giant?
She was about as big as the other Blackbeard Pirates minus Sanjuan Wolf. Probably bigger than normal but not a giant.

Quote:
I'm a bit confused though: Wasn't Luffy officially labeled as the fifth Emperor by the WG after his attack on Whole Cake Island? So it should be Goko now and not Yonko. The scan I've seen however labeled BB as one of the Yonko, so what is it now?
Luffy was never officially referred to as a Gokou; he was unofficially called the 5th Emperor in the newspaper but that was a bit of overhyping by Morgans; or a typical exaggerated newspaper article.

Its just a way of saying that he's definitely on his way to becoming an emperor with the grand fleet he's brought together and the consecutive fights he's picking with the current Yonkou; but he's still not at their level yet. We'll see after Wano is over though.
Old 2018-11-23, 07:51   Link #10
TURI123456

I hope to see someone with a persona between "All star" friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

he was called only by the newspaper so it's not a officia.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 11:24   Link #11
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Devon's character meme is that she thinks she's gorgeous but she actually isn't. It was one of the reasons fans wanted Hancock to join the Straw Hats actually, man those were the days. Also, is it me? Or have zoans been bumped up the DF boss scale recently? I mean with all these mythic zoans popping up, Paramecias are still in the mid rank tier, but Logias are pretty much in the bottom of the barrel since Armament Haki makes them like Paramecias but Awakened 0.5. Anybody else think that King's DF will be a Mythic Zoan Tengu and Queen's will be an evolved version of Magellan's Poison fruit?
Well who knows what Logia awakened will be able to do? It will be for sure something even more OP.
Anyway I guess that Hancock will join Mugiwara's fleet. The admirals said that thanks to the latest experiment of Vegapunk, Shichibukai won't be necessary anymore. I think that Kuja pirates will sail under Mugiwara's great fleet. Luffy already said that he will take fishmen island under his protection so when he will be offically recognized as a Emperor he will have to authority to put Amazon Lily under his protection.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 11:42   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

another info dump

we know that Blackbeard Pirates is know final boss material.. everyone hold devil fruit that supported their abilities pretty well

I see Perona again.. I'm happy
Gecko Moria is going to die for sure this time
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 12:27   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Having known of Blackbeard's bounty in advance thanks to the spoilers, I laughed a bit when Moria's bounty popped up. I know his bounty was frozen when he became a Shichibukai and that he hasn't reappeared until now thus the lack of increase, but I just thought the enormous gap was funny. Almost 2 billion.
Old 2018-11-23, 14:30   Link #14
Rainbowman

Powerful chapter this is, another Devil Fruit power stolen by Blackbeard’s crew. Also I notice a pattern to Kaidou’s elite in terms of naming. They sound like playing cards: “Jack” of the Drought, “King” of the Fire, and “Queen” of the Plague. The fact that “Queen” is actually a male makes me think that he’s somewhat of a ‘drag queen’ or possibly based on the very band behind Bohemian Rhapsody.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 14:36   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This puts Kaido during the Marineford arc in another context entirely.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 16:30   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Also I notice a pattern to Kaidou’s elite in terms of naming. They sound like playing cards: “Jack” of the Drought, “King” of the Fire, and “Queen” of the Plague.
Yup, indeed there is a card theme going on. We have X Drake being the number 10. The calamities of Jack, Queen, and King. Sheepshead, Ginrummy, and Holdem named after card games. And although he wasn't part of Kaido's crew, Doflamingo was known as the Joker.

-----

Poor Moria. The dude can't catch a break. Shiryuu is going to pose a big problem with the invisibility fruit.

The bickering between King and Queen makes me think they'll be Zoro's and Sanji's opponents, respectively.
Old 2018-11-23, 17:43   Link #17
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Like marvelB mentioned, King's design looks a lot like Magellan. At first glance I got all excited because I actually thought it was him. Secondly, what would the abilities of Catarina's nine tailed fox's df power be (based off mythology)? Can it transform into anyone or anything? Shoot tailed beast bombs like in Naruto? lol

Also Shiryu now has the power of invisibility, but I wonder if observation Haki negates that? Obviously still super useful even if it does, but I feel like Zoro will be able to beat him by sensing him. I had to go back and look at how Sanji beat Absalom, and man was Absalom weak. Sanji got beat up a little, but he simply just grabbed Absalom's leg as he heard him walking by then kicked the crap out of him. Shiryu obviously won't be a pushover like Absalom was and you can't really take hits like sanji did when the user is a swordsman... Should be an interesting fight between Shiryu and Zoro when it happens.

Last edited by Tommy; 2018-11-23 at 19:37.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 20:06   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Gecko Moria is going to die for sure this time
Hey, a bunch of people thought Moria got killed by Doflamingo, yet look how THAT turned out! I don't see that happening this time either, considering Blackbeard even offered him a spot in his crew. In fact, it even might not be too late for him to join the fun at Wano, depending on how things turn out....

Quote:
Also I notice a pattern to Kaidou’s elite in terms of naming. They sound like playing cards: “Jack” of the Drought, “King” of the Fire, and “Queen” of the Plague.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yup, indeed there is a card theme going on. We have X Drake being the number 10. The calamities of Jack, Queen, and King. Sheepshead, Ginrummy, and Holdem named after card games. And although he wasn't part of Kaido's crew, Doflamingo was known as the Joker.
Yeah, I noticed the card theme too, but it slipped my mind to actually point it out, heh. And back to Dofla, remember that his top officers also shared the card theme (the Spanish words for Diamond, Spade, Club, and Heart, respectively). Though whether Dofla's system was influenced by Kaidou or the other way around is still up in the air, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Also Shiryu now has the power of invisibility, but I wonder if observation Haki negates that? Obviously still super useful even if it does, but I feel like Zoro will be able to beat him by sensing him. I had to go back and look at how Sanji beat Absalom, and man was Absalom weak. Sanji got beat up a little, but he simply just grabbed Absalom's leg as he heard him walking by then kicked the crap out of him. Shiryu obviously won't be a pushover like Absalom was and you can't really take hits like sanji did when the user is a swordsman... Should be an interesting fight between Shiryu and Zoro when it happens.
Interesting that you brought this up, because I've seen theories that Shiryuu's new fruit acquisition would indeed make him a tougher opponent for Zoro, since our green-haired friend hasn't shown much proficiency in observation haki (it was confirmed quite a while back that his strongest area was in armament haki). So perhaps Shiryuu will turn out to be Zoro's "Katakuri" of sorts....?

Quote:
The fact that “Queen” is actually a male makes me think that he’s somewhat of a ‘drag queen’ or possibly based on the very band behind Bohemian Rhapsody.
Man, with the Jojo homages popping up in the most recent Hunter x Hunter chapters, I'd actually find it pretty awesome if Oda's Queen were at least based partially on the Killer Queen stand from Jojo part 4. Sure, we've already had a couple of explosion-based DF users (Mr. 5, Gladius), but another wouldn't hurt, if you ask me....
Old 2018-11-23, 20:40   Link #19
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Well who knows what Logia awakened will be able to do? It will be for sure something even more OP.
Anyway I guess that Hancock will join Mugiwara's fleet. The admirals said that thanks to the latest experiment of Vegapunk, Shichibukai won't be necessary anymore. I think that Kuja pirates will sail under Mugiwara's great fleet. Luffy already said that he will take fishmen island under his protection so when he will be offically recognized as a Emperor he will have to authority to put Amazon Lily under his protection.
Have you considered Hancock's position as a Shichibukai? If that happens, her position can be revoked when WG and Marines learned about it. They can take care of themself since Kuja are all Elite Warriors.

For awakened Logia, we really need to trace back on Kuzan and Sakazuki. Both of them already show awakened Logia fruit by changing terrains permanently at Punk Hazard during their duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Having known of Blackbeard's bounty in advance thanks to the spoilers, I laughed a bit when Moria's bounty popped up. I know his bounty was frozen when he became a Shichibukai and that he hasn't reappeared until now thus the lack of increase, but I just thought the enormous gap was funny. Almost 2 billion.
But it's a surprising start anyway. He joined Shichibukai with zero bounty so rating him in 2 billion does makes sense. Since he's a "new guy" that made a spiked achievement two years ago, it won't be a surprise if he got such bounty. Big Mom, Shanks, and Kaidou got bounty before they are being admitted as Yonko. They got a record as well for that. Big Mom's bounty starts at the age of 6, Shanks being part of Gol D. Roger's crew, and Kaido that escaped death many times.

It is a first time i see someone got a huge amount of starting bounty anyway. In fact, he could be the highest bounty started on Grand Line and all Blue region lands.

Quote:
Powerful chapter this is, another Devil Fruit power stolen by Blackbeard’s crew. Also I notice a pattern to Kaidou’s elite in terms of naming. They sound like playing cards: “Jack” of the Drought, “King” of the Fire, and “Queen” of the Plague. The fact that “Queen” is actually a male makes me think that he’s somewhat of a ‘drag queen’ or possibly based on the very band behind Bohemian Rhapsody.
It reminds be back to DDS where their main opponent is Pluto that uses a Hell code like Cerberus, Thanatos, King Hades, etc or maybe from Detective Conan with the alcohol code such as Gin, Vodka, Bourbon, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Like marvelB mentioned, King's design looks a lot like Magellan. At first glance I got all excited because I actually thought it was him. Secondly, what would the abilities of Catarina's nine tailed fox's df power be (based off mythology)? Can it transform into anyone or anything? Shoot tailed beast bombs like in Naruto? lol

Maybe this will Sanji makes his debut for using Raid Suit for the first time. I do hope it will match and enhance his ability to use Diable Jamble more efficiently. As for Zoro, i think that we will see back to where Zoro subconsciously awaken Haki when fighting Mr. 1 aka Daz Bones. Perhaps this fight could be where he can expand his Haki. Still, King and Queen is quite a good opponent for Zoro and Sanji unless the Queen was a girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey, a bunch of people thought Moria got killed by Doflamingo, yet look how THAT turned out! I don't see that happening this time either, considering Blackbeard even offered him a spot in his crew. In fact, it even might not be too late for him to join the fun at Wano, depending on how things turn out....

Man, with the Jojo homages popping up in the most recent Hunter x Hunter chapters, I'd actually find it pretty awesome if Oda's Queen were at least based partially on the Killer Queen stand from Jojo part 4. Sure, we've already had a couple of explosion-based DF users (Mr. 5, Gladius), but another wouldn't hurt, if you ask me....
Well, Doflamingo meets with WG after Marineford War and kicking out Moria already gave the answer is it?

Still, this confirms two of four Yonkos got their Codename. Big Mom is based on sweets while Kaido can be based on animals and cards perhaps?

Big Mom also got Four Lieutenants or recently Three while Kaido got at least Three Lieutenants. One thing i worry is Kurohige where he got 9 Lieutenants with him as each become Captain of each ship. I wonder about Shanks though and if Garp's predicition is a bullseye of Rock's return, it can be more messy.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 22:22   Link #20
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There's also Hawkins and his Tarot cards, so that's another card theme in there. No idea what Apoo would fall under, though.

And even though I'm not too particularly sad about Absalom being dead, it's still tragic because one of his last acts before the time skip and his involvement as a journalist was saving Moria from being executed by Doflamingo. Lecherous scumbag he was, he still saved his boss then and said boss initially was happy to see him again until it turned out he was dead.

At least he still has Perona, unless the worst case scenario where he could get killed right in front of her.

Also, is there anything significant about those sunglasses Teach was wearing? There was something somewhere that they might be Aokiji/Kuzans but it wasn't confirmed. If this is true, then that... doesn't bode well for what might have happened.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote