Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 09:40   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 512 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:41   Link #2
marvelB

Well, spoilers are out (courtesy of Himajin), and here's the summary (of course, credits goes to Aohige_AP for translation):

-Rayleigh and Kizaru talk a little. Kizaru heard through a rumor that Rayleigh was on the island, but says he can't let the Straw-Hats escape because it would be shameful for the Marines and World Nobles.

-Franky attacks Kuma PX-1 with Coup de Vent, and Rayleigh attacks Kizaru (and actually scratches him) with a sword. Kizaru creates a light saber and the two duel. Brooke, Sanji and Usopp try to protect Zoro from Kuma PX-1, but all of them get injured doing so. Sentoumaru continues his assault on Luffy, and it gets to the point where Chopper goes into Monster Point mode (haven't seen THAT in a while...). Someone stops PX-1 before he attacks again, and it turns out to be... the original Kuma! He sees that Zoro has survived (to which Zoro replies that it's thanks to his kindness), and asks him if he wants to travel somewhere. Suddenly, he makes Zoro disappear....

Whoa. That plot twist with Zoro happened sooner than I thought. Furthermore, it looks like some of us may have been right about Zoro temporarily leaving the crew after all. I wonder where Kuma warped Zoro to...? Maybe he took him to Mariejoa? Or perhaps he took him straight to Vegapunk? Hmm...

And I'm a bit surprised that Rayleigh uses a sword (and I know, just KNOW that people are going to say it's a seastone sword . So far it looks like he hasn't revealed and DF power, but he may reveal something as he continues fighting Kizaru (though I'm still hoping he's NOT a DF user). Yes, quite an eventful chapter indeed!
Old 2008-08-27, 09:52   Link #3
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I think it would'be so fitting if Chopper can destroy Kuma enraged while under effects of Zoro's loss.Since we got enough of Kuma and we know his powers a little by now.A long battle and getting wrecked by monster chopper can suit him.Choppa really deserves a higher bounty than that with such a hulk sleeping inside of him.I wonder what will the sh do when they see him tranforming to monster chopper in front of their eyes for first time Thou I can guess Luffy going AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!1

also give me a break...Kizaru and Sentomaru is one thing they promised of being back in a short time..But what the hell is Kuma doing here? Any possibilites that Whitebeard crew already lost? Or he is probly there to call Kizaru back with his teleport stuff since battle is about to begin?
Old 2008-08-27, 09:55   Link #4
marvelB

Heh... two summaries at almost the same time.

Anyways, since it's clear that Luffy is too exhausted from his fight with Kuma PX-4 to properly fight Sentoumaru, it looks like ol' Chopzilla will switch places with him. Though I'm not entirely certain how much of a better match he'll be against Vegapunk's bodyguard... he'll most likely attack his own crewmates, as well. Heh, I wonder if the Marines will actually decide to raise Chopper's bounty after seeing his transformation?

Also, there's something I've been wondering about original Kuma since he appeared at Thriller Bark... I think it may be his Bible that has teleportation powers, not Kuma himself. It would make sense, since his paw fruit ability simply deflects things, so the Bible he's carrying may have a DF power of its own. It would certainly explain how he made Perona disappear back then...

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-08-27 at 10:13.
Old 2008-08-27, 10:25   Link #5
Fyria

So those spoilers/Speculations about Zoro leaving for crew for a while ''Luffy will lose his right hand'' seem to come true,Zoro probly have to work alone for while and study himself and comeback stronger than ever.

Situation for Strawhats looks extremely grim, they are exhausted, tired and desperate.

Kizaru is busy with Rayleigh, who is managing to cut Kizaru and make him bleed (pics)

PX-1 is still assaulting Strawhats

Sentoumaru is still continuing attacks

REAL Kuma has also entered and should he join on attack then its real bad for Strawhats.

I only can imagine 2-3 ways Strawhats could survive.

1) Kizaru pulls back and orders others to pull back too.
2) Law/Kidd and other Supernovas appear to scene and join battle to help Strawhats
3) Another outsider force (Pirates/Emperors/Rebellion/or Garp) will emerge and convinvce Kizaru & co to stop
Old 2008-08-27, 10:41   Link #6
chitgoks

kuma's going to have a little talk with zoro and heals him
Old 2008-08-27, 10:56   Link #7
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
The original kuma...!! He came he saw he vanished!!
Dark king has a way to hit logia's!!
Sentamaru's physocal blows hurt luffy, hahah!!
Fanky cola!!!
Monster chopper!!!

What what!
Old 2008-08-27, 11:05   Link #8
Rawrz

Btw gotta love Kizaru's lightsaber
Ive pretty lost faith in entire admirals thou.Is that the best they can do? attacking lowbies and getting panicked when a real danger appears..Maybe Rayleigh's insanely powerful or something.Yet still I can say that Kizaru looks kinda worried about situation.
Old 2008-08-27, 11:26   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Btw gotta love Kizaru's lightsaber
Ive pretty lost faith in entire admirals thou.Is that the best they can do? attacking lowbies and getting panicked when a real danger appears..Maybe Rayleigh's insanely powerful or something.Yet still I can say that Kizaru looks kinda worried about situation.

Uh... what? Rayleigh's only managed to scratch Kizaru so far, and Kizaru's shown no sign that he's afraid of Rayleigh (though he was certainly surprised). Admirals are the top tier of the Marines, so I think they should be able to hold their own against legendary pirates, because they're practically legends themselves. Kizaru's sword duel with Rayeigh pretty much implies so far that they're evenly matched....

...But I'm still expecting Rayleigh to pull off something insane soon enough, whether it be revealing a DF power or (more likely IMO) some crazy Haki-powered attacks...
Old 2008-08-27, 12:07   Link #10
james0246

Since the real Kuma is on the island, who else here thinks that Kuma was the one who fought Law and Kidd?
Old 2008-08-27, 12:09   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Since the real Kuma is on the island, who else here thinks that Kuma was the one who fought Law and Kidd?

I've been saying that for the longest time.

And speaking of Kidd and Law.... I wonder if they're actually out of commission? For instance, maybe true Kuma left in the middle of their fight because of Kizaru? If that's the case it's still possible that they can appear to help the Straw-Hats in their sticky situation....
Old 2008-08-27, 12:12   Link #12
Rawrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh... what? Rayleigh's only managed to scratch Kizaru so far, and Kizaru's shown no sign that he's afraid of Rayleigh (though he was certainly surprised). Admirals are the top tier of the Marines, so I think they should be able to hold their own against legendary pirates, because they're practically legends themselves. Kizaru's sword duel with Rayeigh pretty much implies so far that they're evenly matched....

...But I'm still expecting Rayleigh to pull off something insane soon enough, whether it be revealing a DF power or (more likely IMO) some crazy Haki-powered attacks...
well yeah maybe I overreacted a bit ^^ from that spoiler picture I saw earlier that Kizaru getting slashed in the face.Maybe he is just surprised to see rayleigh but he looks pretty weird.He went there just to slay newbie pirates.I dont think that he would go if he knew that rayleigh was there Maybe showoff'ing world goverments powers on little pirates a habit of Kizaru too.I hope it will be an awesome fight between those two.Only If Kuma didnt come all that way jsut to call Kizaru back for a crisis.Its a possible way since both Rayleigh and Kizaru may stay alive after the fight if it goes like that.I see no reason why real Kuma goes to island with whitebeard on their door.Garp is sailing around/Kizaru is there/Vegapunk's special guard is there/2-3 pacifista are there...and Kizaru told Sengoku that it wont take long
Old 2008-08-27, 12:12   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I've been saying that it for the longest time.
I know, and I have said it as well, but this is the first time that we actually have evidience that it might be true.

That being said, are the 4 Supernovas that fought PX-whatever and Kizaru earlier, dead? I mean, it was pretty conclusive that they were defeated, but Oda cut away right before a death blow could be delievered and then Kizaru simply showed up in front of Luffy and the gang. So, are they dead or not?
Old 2008-08-27, 12:19   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I know, and I have said it as well, but this is the first time that we actually have evidience that it might be true.

That being said, are the 4 Supernovas that fought PX-whatever and Kizaru earlier, dead? I mean, it was pretty conclusive that they were defeated, but Oda cut away right before a death blow could be delievered and then Kizaru simply showed up in front of Luffy and the gang. So, are they dead or not?

Dead? I think not (I mean, we even see Apoo complaining about Kizaru's attack after he's down!). Sentoumaru called Kizaru after he KO'ed those four Supernovas to tell him about the 3 Supernovas involved in the auction house incident, and asked him who he was going after first. Not long afterwards, he attacks Luffy's crew, which probably suggests they were the nearest to his previous location. As for Hawkins, Drake, Urouge and Apoo.... chances are, they may have been arrested...

And not to mention, since they weren't the prime suspects, Kizaru didn't have a reason to kill them anyway.
Old 2008-08-27, 13:03   Link #15
Prestige

Really nice chapter

I shoudn't really spoil myself but waiting 2-3 more days for new One piece chapter is just too much
Old 2008-08-27, 13:36   Link #16
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

WOW....just WOW!!!

OP just doesn't fail to entertain!!

and YAY for Chopzilla!!! was wondering when he was gonna show up again!
Old 2008-08-27, 14:02   Link #17
Rainbowman

When the original Kuma asked Zoro if he wanted to go someplace, did Zoro even reply? The last time Kuma asked such a question, Perona answered and she disappeared when Kuma touched her. If Zoro replied yes to Kuma he just made a BIG mistake. Incedently, were Nami and Robin in this chapter? I thought the Strawhats were split into 3 groups of 3 and would have to stay splited in 3 days time.
Old 2008-08-27, 14:11   Link #18
marvelB

I have to say once again that I'm quite surprised at how much Usopp has grown lately. Ever since the whole Enies Lobby incident he's made quite a radical change: He's more willing to stand his ground and risk his life unlike his old self, who was more prone to hiding and running away, even during his earlier boss battles at Arlong Park and Alabasta. I mean, just look at the situation now: He's up against crazy powerful opponents like the Pacifista, Sentoumaru and a Marine Admiral, yet he's still risking his life to protect Zoro from them. And to think people gave the guy so much flack during Enies Lobby.... my respect for the King of Snipers has risen quite a bit at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
When the original Kuma asked Zoro if he wanted to go someplace, did Zoro even reply? The last time Kuma asked such a question, Perona answered and she disappeared when Kuma touched her. If Zoro replied yes to Kuma he just made a BIG mistake.

The spoiler script implies that Zoro didn't reply to Kuma. Therefore, it's anyone's guess as to where Zoro winded up....
Old 2008-08-27, 14:40   Link #19
Prestige

Ehm I think greatest embarrasment or cause of pain for Zoro would be that his friends/nakama would have to worry about him and would have to fight for their lifes to protect him.

I think Zoro asked or was willingly going to travel by Kuma at this point.

I think it has been incredibly painful for Zoro to be so weak and need to be protected by those who he cares.

Usopp charecter grow has been nice during this saga, he is intresting and colourful charecter and making him braver is great.
Old 2008-08-27, 15:58   Link #20
marvelB

Zoro's Asura technique is an illusion caused by intimidating his opponents. I'm quite sure he's well aware that the number of swords is irrelevant to his skills (if anything, it's his single=sword techniques that he needs to improve upon).

As for his connection with Kuma... I'm rather curious about that myself. It looks like Kuma has a rather high degree of respect for Zoro (and possibly the rest of the crew as well) to go out of his way to "save" him from certain death. I'm still wondering if they'll finish what they started at Thriller Bark...
Closed Thread