AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-07, 16:17   Link #141
ShadowKiko

I dont think luffy lets the opponents live on porpouse...
Take for example Lucci... Luffy beat the crap out of him and let him in coma... He could't care less if he lived or died... in fact... by the time he used giant pistol on Lucci he could have fallen on the water and died anyway...

Same when luffy sent buggy flying... its not like he cared if he lived or died after that.

And there was a kill by the strawhats crew anyway...

Remember when they were entering the great line...

There was that guy (wich the name i cant remember) that had that power to cut using wind or something like that... well... he ended up on the water and he was a DF user so he is dead since the crew had done nothing to save him... so yeah... i dont think luffy really cares if his opponents live or die....
Old 2009-11-07, 16:19   Link #142
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
And there was a kill by the strawhats crew anyway...

Remember when they were entering the great line...

There was that guy (wich the name i cant remember) that had that power to cut using wind or something like that... well... he ended up on the water and he was a DF user so he is dead since the crew had done nothing to save him... so yeah... i dont think luffy really cares if his opponents live or die....
That was filler, and thus it doesn't count.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:21   Link #143
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

well more than his power being exagerratedd, i think white beard probaly had the ability to destroy the entier world at one point, but now sickly, can no longer achieve such power (plus he's to good a person the ever attempt such a thing). Black Beard is obviously underdeveloped and his power can be combatted by a person with the ability of light (such like Ace, but more like manipulating pure light than using fire). Plus black beard wants fame and fortune and would need to keep the world alive to achieve such.

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:28   Link #144
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^My guess is that Oda (and in effect, the characters themselves) realize that with great power, comes great responsibility. They simply know better than to abuse the abilities they've acquired, that's all.
Your right to an extent... its true that Whitebeard using his powers carelessly could cause many problems, particularly hurting his own men... Problem with that explanation is that Boa, Blackbeard, and Kuma do NOT have this problem

Boa doesn't give a damn about anyone on that battlefield other than Luffy... So their is no reason for her to hold back... there is no downside to her just carelessly throwing around mero mero beams... Blackbeard, aside from watching out for his own men, there are no problems with him just sucking up everything; and his men know to keep their distance when he gets serious... Kuma, again, where's the downside with him just sending everyone flying?... great power comes great responsibility, but we are talking about characters that either don't have much responsibility (no need to be careful) or don't give a damn about such responsibility...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxeye View Post
Well BB's blackhole and darkness ability was shown rendering fodders' unconscious but as crazy strong as the stronger guys in the OP universe are and considering that BB is still likely mastering his own powers, it's hard to say how effective his gravitational powers would be on the stronger guys. And yeah for some characters with haki you can bet it plays a role in nerfing some of the more hax df powers.
Kuma's power is the power of gravity, he is like a walking blackhole... nothing is capable of resisting a blackhole, even light itself would get pulled it. Hell, That was one of the points he tried to illustrate for Ace... Ace said "i just have to avoid getting grabbed", and Blackbeard's point about his powers was that such a thing was impossible.

Quote:
Kuma is mindless machine now so he should be ruthless but he would still need the speed to touch catch and touch his opponents (even though he is godly fast) we don't know how that speed compares to other strong characters, I also would wait for an explanation of his powers too before I make calls on whether or not he could just drop them into the sea, but from what we know now it would make sense.
Really, considering how he can basically teleport, and what we've already seen him do we KNOW that he has very high speed... a single touch is ALL he needs... to escape Kuma you have to be literally untouchable

Though it is true about waiting and see for more explanation on his powers... Moria seemed to be hinting to something, but so far we have not seen much of any connection to the conditions and destinations of where everyone was sent.

Quote:
As for Hancock, she is used to men immediately fawning over her and for guys like Smoker to not do so I think she realized the futility of trying the mero mero beam here, plus it would be boring if all she did was spam it.
The vice admiral was pretty much the same as Smoker, and he STILL needed to find a way to distract his mind to avoid petrification... Hell one thing i thought was funny in the earlier chapter was one of the marines she attacked was royally pissed off at her but he was still blushing... frankly, just being really serious isn't the same as saying you are completely unattractive

and saying "it would be boring" is precisely the problem... that's like saying "she doesn't spam it because the plot demands it"... the only way that point actually works out is if she were the type of person who enjoys a good fight, and thus holds back so that she can enjoy it.... kinda like Kenpachi from bleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCorpse
Black Beard is obviously underdeveloped and his power can be combatted by a person with the ability of light (such like Ace, but more like manipulating pure light than using fire). Plus black beard wants fame and fortune and would need to keep the world alive to achieve such.
Technically no...
in most games/anime/mangas/stories "light" and "dark" play opposite to eachother; they are usually used as terms to replace "holy" and "unholy" (angel would be a being of light, while a demon would be a being of dark)... however Oda is using Light and dark as elements... Light refers to sunlight, lasers and so forth... Dark refers to gravity, as in a blackhole... as such, light and dark have no relation to eachother. Light has no advantage over darkness in one piece, as even light can not escape the pull of a blackhole... so even Kizaru would have the same advantages and disadvantages in a fight against BB
Old 2009-11-07, 16:40   Link #145
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

Even if it was a filler its still there in the anime series... But anyway Lucci was not a filler and still got his ass kicked to coma state...

I guess that alone is a good reason to stay with my point that luffy doesnt really care about it...

I dont really think that when he punched crocodile trough the celling or when he punched Enel with that giant golden ball or even when e smashed arlong's head trough the floor destroying arlong park with it he was really thinking... oh... i hope i didnt kill him...
Old 2009-11-07, 16:46   Link #146
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm sure Haki will be the answer somehow...:P.
Im guessing that haki is the aswer too...
We've seen that haki can somehow cancel DF powers such as allowing Logia users to be punched or kicked.
Old 2009-11-07, 17:00   Link #147
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There was Zoro and those cat brothers, Siam and Butchie. After Zoro defeated both of them, their bodies just disappeared from the battlefield. I remember Zoro thinking that Butchie only survived the first strike because of his fat body. After the second strike his body was suddenly gone.

There was also Zoro and Ohm. That was the first time I believe Zoro used the Hyaku Hachi Pound Hou (108 Pound Cannon). He was never seen again.

It was the same with the other Enel's Priest, Satori. Enel's Chief Enforcer, Yama.

Though that doesn't mean that Ohm, Satori, and Yama died. Mr. 13 and Miss Friday were thought killed by Sanji, but they showed up in the splash page of Miss Goldenweek in CH. 375. They were captured by Captain Hina.
That story is canon as well. The end of that explained how Crocodile, Daz Bones, Bon Clay, and Mr. 3 ended up in Impel Down.

I don't think it was ever explained if Igaram survived Robin's attack because she let him, or if he did on his own. Robin did say her specialty was assassination, but has it ever been confirmed that she ever killed anyone? This could of been just an example of her dark sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Im guessing that haki is the aswer too...
We've seen that haki can somehow cancel DF powers such as allowing Logia users to be punched or kicked.
Don't forget that kairouseki is suppose to be as hard as diamond, but Boa shattered Smoker's kairouseki jutte. CH 560 Pg. 3-4
Old 2009-11-07, 17:11   Link #148
ShadowKiko

Well another good example its nami vs kalifa... I dont think that nami was not trying to kill her since she pierced kalifa's body with lightning... so if kalifa is alive... well i guess she got lucky... Same with kaku after zoro's last strike... well... i guess we can say that to pretty much all of CP9 members... They could all be dead after their defeat against the strawhats but in the end they survived not because the crew actually spare their lifes but because they got lucky i guess.
Old 2009-11-07, 17:15   Link #149
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@FoxxFireArt - Until Oda gives us full confirmation, I'm inclined to believe that no one has died yet in the present (yes, I am aware of the Going Merry, but I don't count that ship).
Old 2009-11-07, 17:16   Link #150
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Your right to an extent... its true that Whitebeard using his powers carelessly could cause many problems, particularly hurting his own men... Problem with that explanation is that Boa, Blackbeard, and Kuma do NOT have this problem

Boa doesn't give a damn about anyone on that battlefield other than Luffy... So their is no reason for her to hold back... there is no downside to her just carelessly throwing around mero mero beams... Blackbeard, aside from watching out for his own men, there are no problems with him just sucking up everything; and his men know to keep their distance when he gets serious... Kuma, again, where's the downside with him just sending everyone flying?... great power comes great responsibility, but we are talking about characters that either don't have much responsibility (no need to be careful) or don't give a damn about such responsibility...

Kuma's power is the power of gravity, he is like a walking blackhole... nothing is capable of resisting a blackhole, even light itself would get pulled it. Hell, That was one of the points he tried to illustrate for Ace... Ace said "i just have to avoid getting grabbed", and Blackbeard's point about his powers was that such a thing was impossible.

Really, considering how he can basically teleport, and what we've already seen him do we KNOW that he has very high speed... a single touch is ALL he needs... to escape Kuma you have to be literally untouchable

Though it is true about waiting and see for more explanation on his powers... Moria seemed to be hinting to something, but so far we have not seen much of any connection to the conditions and destinations of where everyone was sent.

The vice admiral was pretty much the same as Smoker, and he STILL needed to find a way to distract his mind to avoid petrification... Hell one thing i thought was funny in the earlier chapter was one of the marines she attacked was royally pissed off at her but he was still blushing... frankly, just being really serious isn't the same as saying you are completely unattractive

and saying "it would be boring" is precisely the problem... that's like saying "she doesn't spam it because the plot demands it"... the only way that point actually works out is if she were the type of person who enjoys a good fight, and thus holds back so that she can enjoy it.... kinda like Kenpachi from bleach

Technically no...
in most games/anime/mangas/stories "light" and "dark" play opposite to eachother; they are usually used as terms to replace "holy" and "unholy" (angel would be a being of light, while a demon would be a being of dark)... however Oda is using Light and dark as elements... Light refers to sunlight, lasers and so forth... Dark refers to gravity, as in a blackhole... as such, light and dark have no relation to eachother. Light has no advantage over darkness in one piece, as even light can not escape the pull of a blackhole... so even Kizaru would have the same advantages and disadvantages in a fight against BB

Boa can not turn ever and any body into stone. You can get away from he regular mero mero beam ,the VA stab him self to prove that . To make matter worst these guys are in the middle of a war much easier to get your mind off how pretty she is . That's why she use her other stone attack so far . Smoker wants to get luffy he don't care how pretty she is. Ace and jinbei had other stuff on there mind and did not even care about her .

While kuma can teleport his arms still move at normal speed , all you have to do is see them move and could block them or get out of the way are you forgetting how fast some guy in OP world are .

While BB can suck you in you can still hit him while your going forward . This was seen when ace hit him with the 2 fire lances.

All 3 of those guys you mention can kick fodder ass easy but vs other strong guys it's not that easy .
Old 2009-11-07, 17:17   Link #151
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Don't forget that kairouseki is suppose to be as hard as diamond, but Boa shattered Smoker's kairouseki jutte. CH 560 Pg. 3-4
i believe Only the tip of the jutte is made of seastone... the rest is probably just ordinary steal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
While kuma can teleport his arms still move at normal speed , all you have to do is see them move and could block them or get out of the way are you forgetting how fast some guy in OP world are .
you can not block them... to block them you must touch them, and if you touch them you get sent flying... again, You have to be quite literally untouchable
you can say dodge, but do you really think anyone could dodge his touch forever in a long drawn out fight?
Quote:
While BB can suck you in you can still hit him while your going forward . This was seen when ace hit him with the 2 fire lances.
My point was the fact that no amount of speed or stength will allow you to escape his pull... it was a response to a previous post that said his pull might not be strong enough
And what Blackbeard could do is suck everything in like he did the whole town... this is something he does not bother doing
Old 2009-11-07, 17:32   Link #152
andy

Quote:
i believe Only the tip of the jutte is made of seastone... the rest is probably just ordinary steal

you can not block them... to block them you must touch them, and if you touch them you get sent flying... again, You have to be quite literally untouchable
you can say dodge, but do you really think anyone could dodge his touch forever in a long drawn out fight?

My point was the fact that no amount of speed or stength will allow you to escape his pull... it was a response to a previous post that said his pull might not be strong enough
And what Blackbeard could do is suck everything in like he did the whole town... this is something he does not bother doing

What are you talking about all you have to do is not get hit by his palm. You can block his arms , hell you can even hit behind his hand . If someone try to slap me there tons of way for me to block it without the palm of there hand hitting me. Kuma has to hit you with his palm you can block that rather easy if you know how to fight . I mean if kuma goes up to WB and WB block him what think going to happen to him.
Old 2009-11-07, 19:09   Link #153
marvelB

Quote:
Kuma, again, where's the downside with him just sending everyone flying?... great power comes great responsibility, but we are talking about characters that either don't have much responsibility (no need to be careful) or don't give a damn about such responsibility...

About Kuma, I think one particularly good reason why he doesn't randomly send people flying a million miles away is because there will always be that slight risk of a miracle occurring for the victim. For instance, imagine if he paw'd Luffy halfway across the world, right towards the middle of the ocean. How do we know that a stray ship couldn't be sailing in that area, and Luffy could crash-land right in it? What if he were to somehow land on the back of a giant whale or sea king that could transport him to the nearest island as long as he doesn't alert it to his presence? I think Kuma's disappearing trick isn't as foolproof a tactic as it initially seems if you put scenarios like those into consideration. Having said that, I think it would simply be more effective if he were to blast a pirate's head off with a laser beam right then and there, which would make it easier for him and the marines to confirm their death with their own eyes, rather than sending them flying towards some random strip of water where they still have a slight chance of survival (even if they're DF users). It would especially be a huge hassle to the marines, as they'd have to sail out to that part of the ocean and spend a lot of time and energy combing the waters to confirm the individual's death......

.....So yeah, that's probably why Kuma doesn't spam his paw paw powers that way.....
Old 2009-11-07, 20:48   Link #154
james0246

^It could be that Kuma can only send people specific places that he has either visited or has specific information on. In other words, he would not have a command prompt "Send: Middle of Nowhere." (Or think of a video game that only listed the names of towns/dungeons and when you opened the world map you could only travel to the specific towns/dungeons (ala Ratchet and Clank, etc)).
Old 2009-11-07, 21:54   Link #155
ShadowKiko

Well about the powers of all the top dogs in op world im guessing we are about to see what they're capable of...

Right now WB is going against the marines... I just cant wait...

We've seen how powerful some characters can be so i just can't wait to see how powerful is the strongest man in the world now that he is pissed...

I hope we can finaly see the admirals, marco, jozu, and all those "monsters" going all out... I hope we see something from garp too... i mean he is a marine legend but we havent seen anything special from him so far...

Also im still waiting for Dragon to show up at any moment... it just doesnt make sense if the revolutionary army does not take advantage of this war...

And hell... its amazing to see how weak and hopeless luffy really is and how much he must grow yet to get to be the Pirate King. Its not like other anime series where the main char just gets pissed, gets a powerboost and end up beating oponents that are way stronger... Luffy is way out of his league and there is no way that he would be much of a challenge to anyone of the main chars in this war...

As for the one i think it will join Luffy's crew, if there is someone in this war that will join, well... i think Buggy is the one with the most chance... Even though he will have a bounty boost for sure... i think luffy will still have a bigger bounty... So maybe Buggy will get a bounty near all the strawhats members...
Perona doesnt seem too useful to the strawhats since i find her rather useless...
Crocodile its not type of char to be in a crew with luffy as captain... Hell no thats never going to happen...
Hancock... It just doenst fit into the crew either...
So why not Buggy? I mean... His crew just gave up on him and they are with Alvida now... He would be another crazy member to join into an already crazy crew... Also, and this is the reason why i think he could join more than any other character, he as a quest on its own like everyone on strawhats (Sanji findind All Blue, Zoro becoming the best swordsman, etc) so i can see something like this happening:

Buggy: Ok... I'll go with you... but dont think we are friends or something... Im just going to find that treasure... bla bla bla...

Otherwise why would Oda bother showing us now that Buggy's quest its to find some other treasure that its not the One Piece... I think because that way he can be a part of the strawhat's crew without messing with Luffy's ambition to become PK.
Old 2009-11-08, 05:29   Link #156
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Buggy seems to be a bit too weak for Luffy's crew.
Besides: Isn't he dead now anyways, after beeing frozen by Aokiji?
There's no way in hell that buggy dies, just no way. I don't think he'll join the Strawhats, He's being set up as an independent formidable pirate who's bounty would probably match that of Luffy..
Old 2009-11-08, 07:40   Link #157
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Buggy seems to be a bit too weak for Luffy's crew.
Besides: Isn't he dead now anyways, after beeing frozen by Aokiji?
He is week but there are weeker members in the crew.
Also he is not dead its just frozen... Like luffy and robbin were.
And dont really think Oda would kill Buggy right now.
If he does not join he will have a giant bounty boost and become an captain of a new crew.

The only reason i see Buggy as a member of the strawhats its because it doesnt make any sense if Buggy gets this bounty boost and then... it just go after some treasure that its not the one piece... i mean... would Oda have so much trouble raising Buggys bounty to have him not "fighting" Luffy anymore since Luffy is after the One Piece and Buggy is not? Why would he bother raising Buggy's character this much in order to just leave him behind right after... Its not like Buggy's quest for Captain John's Tresure is going to mess with Luffy's quest for the One Piece. It just doesnt make any sense to me...
Old 2009-11-08, 08:15   Link #158
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
If Whitebeard's earthquakes can destroy the world, Im sure Blackbeard may easily suck entire world into black holes.

And those fodder guys were probably already dead but just Oda's style that keeps them half alive.The same style also prevents Kizaru from beam kick killing everyone in world less than a second and Whitebeard from destroying the world.
Naw, I actually think Whitebeard's Devil Fruit is stronger than Blackbeard's. Whitebeard obviously can't destroy the whole word, that's a obvious exaggeration. If Blackbeard's ability granted him such strength he would have challenged Whitebeard already. We don't even know the full extent of Whitebeard's power yet, other that the fact he would've wiped out nearly all of the Marine forces if it wasn't for Aoikiji.
Old 2009-11-08, 08:23   Link #159
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Naw, I actually think Whitebeard's Devil Fruit is stronger than Blackbeard's. Whitebeard obviously can't destroy the whole word, that's a obvious exaggeration. If Blackbeard's ability granted him such strength he would have challenged Whitebeard already. We don't even know the full extent of Whitebeard's power yet, other that the fact he would've wiped out nearly all of the Marine forces if it wasn't for Aoikiji.
I dont think its good to imagine Whitebeard as walking devil fruit, I am sure he has monstrous physical strenght, he might be most physically strongest person even now, if Blackbeard would pull whitebeard to him and Whitebeard would hit him it would mean pretty big hit.

Whitebeard has impressive devil fruit but there is lot other on him also.
Old 2009-11-08, 09:19   Link #160
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I dont think its good to imagine Whitebeard as walking devil fruit, I am sure he has monstrous physical strenght, he might be most physically strongest person even now, if Blackbeard would pull whitebeard to him and Whitebeard would hit him it would mean pretty big hit.

Whitebeard has impressive devil fruit but there is lot other on him also.
I think so too... I mean his DF is amazing but he needs more than that to be the strongest... there are many other amazing DF all over OP world like Kizaru's or Enel's. Besides we've seen that he could it Logia users such as Ace and when Shanks and WB swords colide the sky was split in half... so yeah he is so much more than just his devil fruit
Closed Thread