AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-15, 14:42   Link #201
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I still don't get what's wrong with a Hei x Yin relationship. It doesn't make him a loli at all. And she has definitely grown from just a "doll", so i think it's perfectly fine.
Old 2009-11-15, 15:03   Link #202
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I also really don't like his pairing with Yin. They were too much like siblings in S1, and she had an "undeveloped" quality that made her seem younger than her physical age. So, yeah - the relationship has incestuous and lolicon overtones even if, factually speaking, it's neither.
I still don't see where people are getting the idea. And I especially don't see anything saying that their relationship isn't a mate relationship.

And as miroku (as well as myself) said, Yin has definitely grown from being an average doll with no will. Her whole arc alone showed she has plenty of free will, and Hei in particular takes that free will seriously. And she is the one who pulled Hei back from the brink in the S1 ending.
Old 2009-11-15, 17:51   Link #203
Joe_fh

Lol you're still going at teh YinxHei relationship

We'll see what kind of relationship they have in 2010 and I don't think it really has anything to do with what's going on right now. Fact is Hei cares a lot about Yin and something happened that made him whant to kill her. Doesn't really matter what kind of love they had for each other.
As I said earlier I don't really mind how their relatioship will work out. For now I see it as the facts suggest.
Old 2009-11-15, 18:32   Link #204
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Wait...I thought we came to the conclusion that the real person Hei wanted to kill was the Blonde lady on the phone getting the massage.

I don't really remember from the episode...but wasn't Hei shocked to know that Yin was inside the container? Wasn't mao shocked as well? [now was that shock a "oh my gawd, she's alive?" or "oh my gawd, she's in a box?"]

I mean, we as viewers aren't 100% sure that the woman he was referring to was Yin was it? If hei really wanted Yin dead, wouldn't he have just let Suou shoot the container? And besides, didn't mr. truck guy say "your honey" will get hurt? Sure that has some kind of a "taunting" feel to it, but i think there's more to it than just that.

Now, unless of course Hei is a cynical bastard (meaning the only reason he stopped Suou is because he wants to kill Yin himself...lawl), then I get the feeling that the woman he wants to kill is NOT yin, but rather (most likely) that blonde lady...
Old 2009-11-15, 18:40   Link #205
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Good point, considering how Hei expected a woman within the container, but clearly didn't expect it to be Yin (and had a change of heart--not to mention stopping Suou from taking out the container--once he realized the truth).

So who the fuck was he talking about? He didn't know that Izanami was Yin, and from what Hei said to Oreille, it doesn't look like he wants to kill Oreille either. I don't know, Amber, considering her appearance in the OAD?
Old 2009-11-15, 18:42   Link #206
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Good point, considering how Hei expected a woman within the container, but clearly didn't expect it to be Yin (and had a change of heart--not to mention stopping Suou from taking out the container--once he realized the truth).

So who the fuck was he talking about? He didn't know that Izanami was Yin, and from what Hei said to Oreille, it doesn't look like he wants to kill Oreille either. I don't know, Amber, considering her appearance in the OAD?
Yes...and he even quit drinking (FOR YIN :P)!!!
Old 2009-11-15, 18:53   Link #207
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^Wait...I thought we came to the conclusion that the real person Hei wanted to kill was the Blonde lady on the phone getting the massage.
Um, no we didn't. I've been saying all along that he said he was going to kill Yin, and Madame Oreille (blonde lady) confirmed that this episode.........

Quote:
I don't really remember from the episode...but wasn't Hei shocked to know that Yin was inside the container? Wasn't mao shocked as well? [now was that shock a "oh my gawd, she's alive?" or "oh my gawd, she's in a box?"]
Yes he was shocked, because Oreille didn't tell him, so he didn't know.

Quote:
I mean, we as viewers aren't 100% sure that the woman he was referring to was Yin was it? If hei really wanted Yin dead, wouldn't he have just let Suou shoot the container? And besides, didn't mr. truck guy say "your honey" will get hurt? Sure that has some kind of a "taunting" feel to it, but i think there's more to it than just that.
As I and others have said, we don't think that Hei really wants to kill Yin. I and others speculate that he's trying to convince himself he needs to and thus tries to put it into words, but can't truly convince himself to do it, thus we have Hobo Hei. And others speculate it was a front to get Oreille to back him up since it seems Oreille does want her dead, which we can put together now that we know things shown in this episode that we didn't know three episodes ago.

Quote:
Now, unless of course Hei is a cynical bastard (meaning the only reason he stopped Suou is because he wants to kill Yin himself...lawl), then I get the feeling that the woman he wants to kill is NOT yin, but rather (most likely) that blonde lady...
That could indeed be true. That's what Oreille said in their phone call, at least: "Even though you kept saying you'd kill that doll yourself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
They didn't expect a person to be in there at all.

Quote:
Again, for the last time, this episode confirms he was talking about Yin. >.> His reason is unkown, but the fact remains.

Yeah, now this is getting a tad annoying; I explained the Japanese, as a Japanese person, in episode 3. Episode 6 confirms it. People pointed it out in the first pages of this thread. People pointed it out on other sites and blogs. And people still aren't getting it. >.>

EDIT: GAH, fixed for annoying typos.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-11-15 at 19:10.
Old 2009-11-15, 19:04   Link #208
Joe_fh

I got it in episode 3 but didn't really want to believe it until now since - well they said it loud and clear
And as before I agree with you that he really doesn't want to kill her but more like he wants to convinve himself he wants to kill her for some reason. Same thing with him distancing himself from Suou in the first few episodes.
Old 2009-11-15, 19:05   Link #209
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Um, no we didn't. I've been saying all along he said he was going to kill Yin, and Madame Oreille (blonde lady) confirmed that this episode..............

Yes he was shocked, because Oreille didn't tell him, so he didn't know.

As I and others have said, we don't think that Hei really wants to kill Yin. Either he's trying to convince himself he needs to and thus tries to put it into words, or it was a front to get Oreille to back him up since it seems Oreille does want her dead.

That could indeed be true. That's what Oreille said in their phone call, at least: "Even though you kept saying you'd kill that doll yourself".

They didn't expect a person to be in there at all.

Again, for the last time, this episode confirms he was talking about Yin. >.> His reason is unkown, but the fact remains.

Yeah, now this is getting a tad annoying; I explained the Japanese, as a Japanese person, in episode 3. Episode 6 confirms it. People pointed it out in the first pages of this thread. People pointed it out on other sites and blogs. And people still aren't getting it. >.>
ehehehahahah. I knew i should've sat down and watched the whole episode, i was skipping around [too busy with exams >.<]and totally missed what oreille said to Hei.

Thanks for clearing that up! (At least Hei stopped drinking though [for yin ])

edit:
btw still no confirmation on this definitely being a 12-episode season right? But it most likely is?
Old 2009-11-15, 19:16   Link #210
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
edit:
btw still no confirmation on this definitely being a 12-episode season right? But it most likely is?
Nope, still no confirmation, just DVD release schedules. But it would fit with how fast they're pulling Suou into having feelings for Hei. Although I've been having a few doubts; putting aside Suou's already-developing feelings, it just feels like the plot is moving along a bit slowly to be wrapped up in 6 more episodes. It could be just me though. Or they're going to go for an airing-break at the halfway point, making an S2 and S3, since that seems to be a bit of a trend lately. *shrug*

The OST comes out on December 23rd, by the way. This show has some great music.
Old 2009-11-15, 19:23   Link #211
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Nope, still no confirmation, just DVD release schedules. But it would fit with how fast they're pulling Suou into having feelings for Hei. Although I've been having a few doubts; putting aside Suou's already-developing feelings, it just feels like the plot is moving along a bit slowly to be wrapped up in 6 more episodes. It could be just me though. Or they're going to go for an airing-break at the halfway point, making an S2 and S3, since that seems to be a bit of a trend lately. *shrug*

The OST comes out on December 23rd, by the way. This show has some great music.
Yes i love the music.

I really hate the fact that Suou has developed these feelings for Hei so fast. It just seems way too forced to me. But then again, since she has become a contractor, and she is curious about what love is, Hei is really the only person (well not the only), but probably and in this case the first person for her to really latch on to.

Anywayyyy...i still want Hei x Yin! NAOW! If they end the series with Yin dying...my Gawd i will be so pissed. I was pissed @ the ending of Season 1, i was pissed @ the ending of Ga rei zero, I was pissed @ the ending of phantom requiem, I was pissed @...insert most of this year's anime series... this year has just been sucky sucky sucky for me. Only a few good series. Maybe my tastes have changed and i'm just not appreciating anime as much...i've become so picky

edit:
and before anyone can ask...NO IT'S NOT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH
Old 2009-11-15, 19:45   Link #212
Joe_fh

Quote:
Yes i love the music.

I really hate the fact that Suou has developed these feelings for Hei so fast. It just seems way too forced to me. But then again, since she has become a contractor, and she is curious about what love is, Hei is really the only person (well not the only), but probably and in this case the first person for her to really latch on to.

Anywayyyy...i still want Hei x Yin! NAOW! If they end the series with Yin dying...my Gawd i will be so pissed. I was pissed @ the ending of Season 1, i was pissed @ the ending of Ga rei zero, I was pissed @ the ending of phantom requiem, I was pissed @...insert most of this year's anime series... this year has just been sucky sucky sucky for me. Only a few good series. Maybe my tastes have changed and i'm just not appreciating anime as much...i've become so picky

edit:
and before anyone can ask...NO IT'S NOT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH
Lol and the edit

It seems to me that Suou developed feeling but at the same time she's not aware of them at all. Remember how she felt with Nika's confession? I don't think she feels the same way with Hei so there's still a long way to go with her feelings developing. Also I think it happened in this episode because otherwise Hei would have closed off any relatioship development since he now has confronted Yin. If they didn't make it now it would have felt a bit out of place to do it later though I agree that it happened a bit too fast.

And as you said right now she doesn't really have anyone else so it's normal to develop some kind of feelings for the perosn that's next to you. It's natural for humans to get close to each other when they are the only ones even if they have their differences. They're contractors so this should apply to them as well and besides if you consider that Suou is thinking rationally that would explain why she's sort of overlooking the fact that Hei destroyed her life (at leas she thinks that it was him)

And unrelated but both Ga-Rei and Phantom had really good endings IMO. Both were sad (so that might be a reason to be pissed at them since I would have loved a happy ending) but were really something to remeber.

And Shinji thanks for the OST release date ^^
Old 2009-11-15, 19:54   Link #213
V4sH

Quote:
ehehehahahah. I knew i should've sat down and watched the whole episode, i was skipping around [too busy with exams >.<]and totally missed what oreille said to Hei.

Thanks for clearing that up! (At least Hei stopped drinking though [for yin ])

edit:
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/

Mahou showtime have it scheduled for only 12 slots, they're not the most official source, but they are like 98% accurate (I've never known them to be wrong about a single show, but 2% margin of error to be safe). So I'd take it as fact that there will only be 12 episodes in this season.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:15   Link #214
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Lol and the edit
it's normal to develop some kind of feelings for the perosn that holds you captive
*cough* Stockholm syndrome

Quote:
And unrelated but both Ga-Rei and Phantom had really good endings IMO. Both were sad (so that might be a reason to be pissed at them since I would have loved a happy ending) but were really something to remeber.
Yeah...well ga-rei zero was sad, but good (so thats why i was angry).

Phantom on the other hand...they realllly butchered it.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:23   Link #215
Joe_fh

Yeah there is that part but then again Hei didn't really kidnap her. He jsut offerd to take her to Tokyo. Of course it serves hims some kind of purpose but she's free to go wherever she wants to. The reson she's still with him is because it's the most rational thing to do( and she's a contractor after all).
If she's alone she'll probably die the way she is now.

Yeah the whole theme of Ga-rei was really good
And Phantom...well that's a long topic and it depends on the point of view (as all things do) but I liked it. It could have been better though...

And all unofficial sources point to 12 episodes but there is nothing official. Maybe they'll do 12 episodes than we'll see the OVAs and then another 12 episodes to finish it off. They have to pick up the pase a lot if they want to finish it with only 12 and I'm not really sure how good that will be since there won't be enough time for proper development.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:38   Link #216
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i thought this was possibly the best episode so far this season but the one thing that pissed me off was when Misaki admiral akbared Hei i mean come on she should be helping him and not trusting section 3. one thing that i really enjoyed about this episode thought is the improvement in the relationship (not romantically) between Suou and Hei. i loved the fact that he is starting to treat her more like a person. it was also good that Li is starting to make a bit of a return.

im just hoping soon that Hei gets his powers back and starts tearing section 3 apart.
Old 2009-11-15, 21:42   Link #217
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
It seems to me that Suou developed feeling but at the same time she's not aware of them at all. Remember how she felt with Nika's confession? I don't think she feels the same way with Hei so there's still a long way to go with her feelings developing.
I definitely agree with this. For one thing, she stills refers to him with "aitsu." It's a less-formal, and when used by a girl, somewhat-impolite word for "him/her." Basically when a girl uses it to refer to a person, she doesn't really like him/her. Usually. (sometimes in anime, a girl will still use "aitsu" in reference to her boyfriend/lover in tsundere couples )
Old 2009-11-15, 21:47   Link #218
caracantabile

I thought it was a pretty typical 13-year old thing for Suou to start having odd feelings about Hei -- after all, hobo or not, he is supposed to be good-looking, plus the whole tsundere + "I'm so emotionally wounded" act can be a huge thing for young girls. Just look at how people swoon over Kiryu Zero in Vampire Knight

As far as Hei x Yin or even Hei x Suou... just my thinking maybe it's a little off the mark to think of it as romantic. I think it's more of a moe thing where Hei just has this compulsion or need to have a younger female to protect and help -- sort of a Bai substitute? More a brotherly kind of love if that. He can be violent yeah, but doesn't seem like the lolicon type. And, romantic love doesn't seem to fit into the DtB world --- it's too bad, because I thought November 11 x Misaki would've been splendid !
Old 2009-11-15, 21:55   Link #219
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracantabile View Post
As far as Hei x Yin or even Hei x Suou... just my thinking maybe it's a little off the mark to think of it as romantic. I think it's more of a moe thing where Hei just has this compulsion or need to have a younger female to protect and help -- sort of a Bai substitute? More a brotherly kind of love if that. He can be violent yeah, but doesn't seem like the lolicon type. And, romantic love doesn't seem to fit into the DtB world --- it's too bad, because I thought November 11 x Misaki would've been splendid !
Well, even though I'm not watching for the romance, just because it's a "dark" story, doesn't mean romance can't fit into it. Yin x Hei's relationship remains a mystery for now, but obviously seeing the huge fandom surrounding Yin and Yin x Hei fans, I'm sure they're gonna take it up to the next level soon enough---merchandise sells after all.
Old 2009-11-16, 03:29   Link #220
xKeen

Just watched this episode.Firstly the song when the bullet was shot was great.
Didn't go through the pages so here goes.Hei wants to kill a woman,it isn't yin.But the person can be found in Tokyo...Can't think currently,need more information D:
The stuff those people(forgot the group name,13 something) are shitting up the system imo.I don't like how hei's powers are gone but about yin gaining abilities,I don't know anymore...
July is extremely cute,running with the bottle everywhere and his messy hair at Hei's house.

Credits to Pellissier~
Closed Thread