AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 12:46   Link #261
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
so I can volunteer then
Heh, you'd have to get past me first
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 12:56   Link #262
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, if it comes to that, Arisa seems pretty free, but I have to lose the duel for Fate first which won't be easy
Old 2006-01-31, 16:10   Link #263
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Nanoha will never top CCS as far as disturbing pairings go.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 16:23   Link #264
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
You underestimate the power of the Graham x Nanoha pairing.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 16:23   Link #265
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Hehe, so true, but it's still my all-time favorite... What can I say, I love the plot, I love the music, I love the characters, I LOVE Sakura

But Nanoha was nice too
Old 2006-01-31, 16:37   Link #266
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm... Sakura x Nanoha... now there's an interesting thought

Meanwhile, at Sakura's house...

Nanoha: Will you come on, Sakura? The bad guys will have died of boredom by the time we get there!
Sakura: It's not my fault!
Tomoyo: She needs to look her best.
Fate: Put the damn video camera down already. She looks fine!
Tomoyo: I don't know... maybe the green dress would look better?
Fate: Forget it. Let's go Nanoha.

That would rock so much
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 17:48   Link #267
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo
People... as much as I find the idea of any of the characters pairing up rather cute... I am somewhat disturbed that you're doing so, with full knowledge of their age. If they were older, yeah sure... but I'm getting impression you mean while they're still 9 years old.

It's making me feel a bit uncomfortable.
9 year olds get crushes and desire friendship. As long as nobody is talking about serious romance or sex it is all good. Besides, the feelings that they have now will influence who they might want to date when they are older.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 18:37   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just a friendly "watch out" ... I'm starting to get advert emails from certain dealers offering a "boxed set" DVD of Nanoha A .... close examination of the tech specs reveal "Chinese" & "American" subtitling and produced by "Anime Cartoon" with 13 eps on two disks.

They may or may not be licensed for Taiwan distribution but if they are like the ones I purchased foolishly last year for Tsukuyomi Moon Phase - the quality sucks ... they're just rips from the broadcast and the gamma is messy ... in other words if they ain't bootlegs they might as well be.

I recommend avoiding them.
Old 2006-01-31, 19:21   Link #269
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Alright, I'll make some more tea.
*leaves the room and comes back with more*

Ok. When I say things like "Fate has a nice butt for a 9-year-old" or "NanohaxVitaxFatexHayataxZaphira-dog-formxBerdichexthat-giant-cat-from-s1ep4" I'm clearly joking. I don't think any of us are actually the type to lust after a 9-year-old or seriously wish them to be lusting after anyone else.

I cry for those who live in a world of constantly dark skies. I hope Nanoha and co deal with whatever lost logia is taking away your sunshine so you can smile and laugh again. Even Signum could laugh. Even Presea could laugh! Realize that puppy love does happen! Hell, my first kiss was in grade two! And my second, third and so forth. I had a girlfriend and we kissed any time we didn't see anybody looking.

Hmmmm... Anime Cartoon. Hey! I know those guys! I bought a NeoRanga box set from them (long before it was liscensed and I was worried it never would be) and everything was all fine and well until it passed ep13 and suddenly the subbing went all to crap. There was a lot of spoken dialogue that wasn't subbed, too.

Then there was the GaoGaiGar by them that a friend of mine got. Where not once did they call him GaoGaiGar. JaoFaiLar, RaoBaiTar... ANYTHING except what it should have been!

So where in the Nanoha locales do we make this forum? Midoriya? The Ashura? That cool house Lindy set up for the bereau staff? I vote there just so we get a huge TV.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 19:22   Link #270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Just a friendly "watch out" ... I'm starting to get advert emails from certain dealers offering a "boxed set" DVD of Nanoha A .... close examination of the tech specs reveal "Chinese" & "American" subtitling and produced by "Anime Cartoon" with 13 eps on two disks.
Yeah... even if it is licensed for distribution in other countries, you'd never see it being released before the official R2s, and virtually never with "American" subs. So, these are definitely bootlegs, I'd say.

On the "official" merchandise front, DVD 1 was released last week and includes a mini-BGM CD... so it looks like this may be another case where they're nixing/delaying the full OST release to promote DVD sales. Looks like the series will probably have one more disc than last round (6 discs this time), but at least they're cheaper than some other shows...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 19:43   Link #271
Nagumo
Random Translator

Given the amount of questionable posts in the past I've read about Nanoha in Japanese and English, you can forgive me for being a bit sensitive about Nanoha and Co...
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 20:17   Link #272
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
RORI NANOHAxFATExCHRONOxAMYxLINDA BANZAI!

Doujinshi FTW!

Old 2006-01-31, 22:13   Link #273
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo
Given the amount of questionable posts in the past I've read about Nanoha in Japanese and English, you can forgive me for being a bit sensitive about Nanoha and Co...
There's always going to be the "slobbering fan contingent" lurking in the dark corner over there... though I've not seen tooooo much of that here. Pairing off means companionship and puppy love as much as anything else. But we do keep the cattle prods handy to make sure the dark corner is kept contained ... o wait some of them *like* that

Besides, Fate does have a damned nice figure for a nine year old..... amazing what battle armor can do..... but that remains simple architectural appreciation, kind of like a little Indian/Pakistani girl I saw at the lunar festival who had the most amazing head of hair that came down to her ankles and had a regal beauty ... it even stopped my wife dead in her tracks (who has waistlength black hair) --- for Fate... in about 8 years young men are going to be turning to stone at the sight of her beauty I guess the moral is you can call something beautiful without implying any slobbering...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-31 at 22:24.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 15:47   Link #274
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Some friends and I were just talking about that in the hospital this morning, actually. The difference between jaw-dropping hawt and that kind of pictureesque beauty.
Old 2006-02-03, 16:15   Link #275
Pleroma

I recal coming across a confirmation of a third season starting in october but can't find the link anymore. Anyone have any official info on this?
Pleroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 07:57   Link #276
Nagumo
Random Translator

01 Nakayoshi Yonnin Gumi no Houkago.mp3
The Chummy Four's After School Time

Nanoha: When the bell chimes at the end of class. Our time in school ends for the day
Arissa: Man, I was sleepy.
Suzuka: You looked liked you were dozing a bit, Arissa-chan.
Arissa: But I'm really bored. And since my seat is right by the windows, it's nicely warmed by the sun.
Nanoha: I am Takamichi Nanoha, a third year student of elementary. Up until my this year's spring, my two friends from 1st year; Arissa-chan and Suzuka-chan. I enjoyed a normal life with them, but recently due to certain events, my life has changed a small bit. But the biggest change in my life is...
Boy: Thanks Fate.
Fate: Un. See you tomorrow.
Boy2: What is with you? Forgetting stuff? You borrowed from Fate again?
Boy: Shut up. Only occasionally! Occasionally!
Boy2: See you Fate!
Boy: See you tomorrow!
Fate: Un, Bye bye.
Nanoha: Fate-chan.
Fate: Nanoha.
Nanoha: We met in early spring and then we parted for a bit, my precious/favorite/best friend Fate Testarossa-chan has transfered to my class.
Arissa: Okay! Let's go home quickly and watch the rest of that movie from last night!
Suzuka: Right, Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan. Are you ready?
Nanoha + Fate: Yes.
Nanoha: After school, all four of us are together.
Suzuka: Fate-chan, have you finally gotten used to school yet?
Fate: I guess, a bit.
Arissa: But you seem to be talking to a lot of people in class normally.
Fate: Everyone's so nice. I'm happy that they come to talk to me.
Arissa: Hee hee, and because of your "super play" at phys. ed. your popularity with the guys is sky high.
Fate: Um, that's um... that wasn't all too 'super'...
Arissa: Fate-chan, weren't you asked by the guys to play soccer?
Fate: Yeah, just for a bit, but soccer is hard.
Suzuka: Soccer is really popular among the guys, I'm sure if you ask one of them, they'll be happy to teach you.
Fate: Um, playing outside is great and all but I would much rather spend my time with Suzuka, Arissa and Nanoha together.
Nanoha: Right.
Suzuka: Thank you Fate-chan.
Nanoha: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Ace. Sound stage 01. Number 3.5 is "Occasionally the Baths is a Burning Battlefield"
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 08:32   Link #277
FlyByNite

^man. Fate is really popular with the guys...heh
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 14:11   Link #278
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

She's very multi-purpose.
Old 2006-02-05, 05:40   Link #279
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Disclaimer: I'm not big on the whole pairing up thing--never was, never will be. Hell, I don't even like canon pairs.

But the new 2/5 strip at http://www.ziro.jp/asudo/ is something the FatexNanoha shippers should check out, if they haven't already.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 09:21   Link #280
Mina-sama
Vita-chan moe~

I'm lusting for Fate-chan's ass. She has a nice one.
Mina-sama is offline   Reply With Quote