AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 23:10   Link #521
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Evangelion View Post
Hello I just started watching IS and apparently tvtropes.org reported that Cecelia might of gained more than she was expecting from a massage from Ichika. But what I want to know is wouldn't he have to hit an erogenous zone to cause something like that and wouldn't he know he is touching someplace he shouldn't? Sure he is an anime harem protagonist, but even the densest know when they are going into a no-fly zone. Did he find some sort of secondary zone or what? It sounds like something really funny too.
U mean this? Yeah. I'm wondering to. Look at where the hands are , BOTH hands
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:51   Link #522
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Evangelion View Post
Hello I just started watching IS and apparently tvtropes.org reported that Cecelia might of gained more than she was expecting from a massage from Ichika. But what I want to know is wouldn't he have to hit an erogenous zone to cause something like that and wouldn't he know he is touching someplace he shouldn't? Sure he is an anime harem protagonist, but even the densest know when they are going into a no-fly zone. Did he find some sort of secondary zone or what? It sounds like something really funny too.
The Answer is no, it is only Cecilla's imagination and even in here imagination, Ichika is not that bold .

Seriously, people are trusting Tvtrope a little bit too much. The site is fun and addictive to read but remember it is wiki site and everyone can edit it. That why people don't cite from any type of wiki for their academic essay .
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:42   Link #523
ZeKeR
Superbad

true....

so whats the final verdict over ichika nao?

i rule:

"strong, but really thickeaded"
Old 2011-02-17, 01:10   Link #524
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
true....

so whats the final verdict over ichika nao?

i rule:

"strong, but really thickeaded"
I won't really agree with that, I only consider a character thick-head when he likes the girl, the girl likes him too but he fail to recognized her interest in him.

In Ichika case, he don't even want to have a girlfriends to begin with so you cannot really blame him for being dense. It is like your best friends suddenly confess to you when you only consider him/her your friend. If you want a good main character and a good love story, read Sword Art Online. The main character is badass, the heroine is adorable and there is a ecchi chapter and marriage to boost.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:16   Link #525
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Checking the raw again, that seems to be the case. Chifuyu doesn't put any picture prior to 1st grade of elementary school in the album, but the last picture put there is also during Ichika's 2nd year on junior high(the last picture is picture together with Rin and Chifuyu before Rin move out).
yep^_^ then he is a clone of that girl who shoot him^^ or he something else! XD omg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
From volume 1, it stated that he never saw his parents , did that abandon him after he was born ?
i think he never had parents or they die. i feel he might be alien XD even though i dont read the novel just by gathering from all the info u guys put out XD

Quote:
The Answer is no, it is only Cecilla's imagination and even in here imagination, Ichika is not that bold .

Seriously, people are trusting Tvtrope a little bit too much. The site is fun and addictive to read but remember it is wiki site and everyone can edit it. That why people don't cite from any type of wiki for their academic essay .

yeah i recall kuro summries how he was jsut giving a back rub and she feel alsleep lol^_^ then she just kind of went somewhere else lol
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 04:38   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In Ichika case, he don't even want to have a girlfriends to begin with so you cannot really blame him for being dense. It is like your best friends suddenly confess to you when you only consider him/her your friend. If you want a good main character and a good love story, read Sword Art Online. The main character is badass, the heroine is adorable and there is a ecchi chapter and marriage to boost.
The thing about SAO compared to IS is that SAO only have one romance choice And so there's no need to drag things where as IS has like 5-6 choices so there's every reason to drag the romance

I bet if Kirito was dumped in a guild of beautiful MMORPG female players, he would also 'don't even want to have a girlfriends to begin with', I'm sure we all heard THAT one before I'm almost certain it's a trope now
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 05:53   Link #527
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The thing about SAO compared to IS is that SAO only have one romance choice And so there's no need to drag things where as IS has like 5-6 choices so there's every reason to drag the romance

I bet if Kirito was dumped in a guild of beautiful MMORPG female players, he would also 'don't even want to have a girlfriends to begin with', I'm sure we all heard THAT one before I'm almost certain it's a trope now
Yeah , Forgot that in SAO, there is no competition for Kirito and I think that why it is good . Well having too many candidates is tiresome, even for the readers . Sure the winner will be happy, however the losers are considered to be left out for the rest of the story. That why SAO is good, quality over quantity , serious story but not too serious like Utsuru no hako which really make my head explode but why did it was translated till the latest volume while we haven't have anything from SAO from almost 8 months.

Too off topic now but after reading something like SAO, IS becomes "so so" to me. Asuna should open a "how to capture the boy you love in half a year" to IS 's girls XD.
Old 2011-02-18, 09:13   Link #528
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, as long as it keeps giving me the dose of laughter I need in IS, I don't mind seeing the Jelly Rivalries

(Yes, I consider harem as another, if not separate, genre of comedy. )

I thought SAO was good but eh, for some reason I can't get to like it so much that I feel I'm missing out on those who read and liked it.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 19:13   Link #529
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Has anybody brought up the possibility that maybe the German government was actually behind Ichika's kidnapping so that Chifuyu can train their pilots?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 19:19   Link #530
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
It does sound weird.

I'm assuming the tournament was in Japan so it's weird that a foreign military unit would know the location let alone even operate. If it was the US who has bases then sure.

I mean it's like being at the Beijing Olympics 2008 for example, a Chinese athelete is kidnapped, no one knows but all of a sudden the Canadian army sends information of the whereabouts.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 20:23   Link #531
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Has anybody brought up the possibility that maybe the German government was actually behind Ichika's kidnapping so that Chifuyu can train their pilots?
iv'e always thought that
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 22:24   Link #532
Maverick05

Quote:
I doubt it honestly. In fact, my money is in the Dunois Corporation and France.

Why is that? We know that Dunois President and Charl´s father can play dirty. It wouldn´t surprise me if they kidnap Ichika so that France`s representative in a Rafale (or a previous IS model) could win Mondo Grosso and get a few hundred million Euro`s contracts around the world.

Of course, it might be possible that Germany had knowledge about this or might have given some intel to France until the point in which Chifuyu back down of Mondo Grosso. Most likely their only goal was for Japan not to get a double victory or just to remove her since she might have been seeded against Germany`s team. When their objectives were completed, they just sold the French out.

Now, after Ichika was saved, I am pretty sure Chifuyu, Tabane, and the Japanese government (and maybe a few powerful allies here and there) were quite piss off, and wanting some small payback.....perphaps cutting the information exchange about IS development to the resposible party and make it easy prey for anyone wanting to take it down.

And since the EU didn´t want to suffer that, they just "asked" France to "kindly resign from the Union and take the blame under the table".

It will all make sense for me at least.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 23:15   Link #533
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
I doubt it honestly. In fact, my money is in the Dunois Corporation and France.

Why is that? We know that Dunois President and Charl´s father can play dirty. It wouldn´t surprise me if they kidnap Ichika so that France`s representative in a Rafale (or a previous IS model) could win Mondo Grosso and get a few hundred million Euro`s contracts around the world.

Of course, it might be possible that Germany had knowledge about this or might have given some intel to France until the point in which Chifuyu back down of Mondo Grosso. Most likely their only goal was for Japan not to get a double victory or just to remove her since she might have been seeded against Germany`s team. When their objectives were completed, they just sold the French out.

Now, after Ichika was saved, I am pretty sure Chifuyu, Tabane, and the Japanese government (and maybe a few powerful allies here and there) were quite piss off, and wanting some small payback.....perphaps cutting the information exchange about IS development to the resposible party and make it easy prey for anyone wanting to take it down.

And since the EU didn´t want to suffer that, they just "asked" France to "kindly resign from the Union and take the blame under the table".

It will all make sense for me at least.
I can't really say that. Since, to me, they really started playing dirty when the 3rd generation were introduced, can't imagine them becoming jealous when everybody had access to 1st generation.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:38   Link #534
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Possible, but I think it's rather a "3rd party", aside of France, UK, and others already introduced. Maybe Spain or others.
Old 2011-02-22, 12:22   Link #535
Maverick05

Manga!Cecilia is soo much better looking than Anime!Cecilia, love the chapter 5 "sniper of love" pose!!!! In fact, manga storytelling is better than anime IMHO.

Either way, I am still waiting for Manga!Charl but Cecilia is my winner in manga.

BTW, anyone knows what is going to happen in episode 8? I remember that Laura activates Valkyria mode and goes berserk, but can`t remember what happens before and after.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 15:16   Link #536
Javiersansano

What are the meanings of the names of the japanese characters, and of the following words:

- Byakushiki
- Yukihira
- Setsura

Please, if anyone could

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2011-02-22 at 15:18. Reason: missing info
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 16:36   Link #537
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
What are the meanings of the names of the japanese characters, and of the following words:

- Byakushiki
- Yukihira
- Setsura

Please, if anyone could
  • 白式 - Byaku is white, shiki can mean ceremony, expression, style etc. and is probably referencing to a lot of those, so I would translate it as White Form or White Type.
  • 雪片 - Yukihira's written as snowflake in kanji, but why is it yukihira instead of yukikata as the kunyomi should've pronounced I don't know (probably just didn't watch kata/gata appear twice in the name of the move, 雪片弐型/Yukihira ni Gata or Yukihira ni no Kata depending on which version you're reading).
  • 雪羅 - Setsura is snow fabric/silk/gauze; since it can be a big ass claw that can both shoot beam and shield I would translate it as Snow Weave.

Considering the form's battle mechanic and the origin of the core, the naming is pretty elegant and aim toward OHKO/speed combat rather than brute force, contributing much to Ichika's metrosexuality, and
Spoiler for Houki's IS:
to give a more poetic feel I suppose.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 22:21   Link #538
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Also, Byakukishi is 'white knight' in Japanese. By just switching the phonetics around, it becomes Byakushiki.

Perhaps Ichika is the White Knight.
Old 2011-02-22, 23:17   Link #539
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Also, Byakukishi is 'white knight' in Japanese. By just switching the phonetics around, it becomes Byakushiki.

Perhaps Ichika is the White Knight.
Kinda nice of a pun there.

The first IS, the White Knight (Byakukishi), piloted by Chifuyu.

Ichika's IS, the Byakushiki.

And I'm laughing over the fact that you need only a syllable to make the pun over something that is a plot device...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 23:46   Link #540
azurena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Kinda nice of a pun there.

The first IS, the White Knight (Byakukishi), piloted by Chifuyu.

Ichika's IS, the Byakushiki.

And I'm laughing over the fact that you need only a syllable to make the pun over something that is a plot device...
I thought the the pilot of the white knight was unknown?
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen