AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-16, 19:35   Link #421
Sakuratsuki

This episode really hit you right in the feels. Kyoani really delivered this time. What a great anime, just wow!
Old 2018-03-16, 20:35   Link #422
PzIVf3

I hadnt log in for the long time cuz this episode 10 gave me Very extreme heartbreaking again due my mother died in Jan. 2018, bec. of the cancer, ammonia liver disease. I didnt let my cried out in her very last breath until she put in the cremate i started to cried out. I dont know what to imagine without a mother in my life.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 15:20   Link #423
Dextro
He Without a Title

KyoAni is kind of a master of these kinds of drama. They know how to pull at the heartstrings to get the audience to feel for the characters and they have the production values in virtually every aspect of an anime production to back that up. They've been successfully manipulating audiences this way ever since they started producing shows as main studio. I think everyone here has at least once felt their hearts tightening at a KyoAni dramatic episode and/or movie at least once (even if they won't admit it ).

But despite all that I have never personally been driven to the actual point of shedding tears for a character. I've felt for the characters, I've grieved for the characters (Clannad S02 OP is still too soon!) and I've been driven to the verge tonnes of times. From Air all the way to A Silent Voice. But maybe I'm just in a different state of mind today but I promptly admit to have shed a couple of tears for this show in episode 10 despite me correctly predicting the entire situation from the moment they showed the mother in bed. The setup was obvious, the outcome equally so but the execution was still insanely powerful.

Massive shoutout to the VA for Anne and the entire KyoAni team who hit me like a truck full of bricks when the kid started crying for her mother to pay attention to her instead of what she felt where some stupid unnecessary letters. Understanding what was happening, seeing the tragedy unfold from the very first minute was so immensely effective that I just couldn't hang on to any semblance of composure and broke down. Maybe, like Marcus H., I also got reminded of my recently deceased grandmother and the things she couldn't say in her last years, maybe I'm just a big softie, but I really don't recall many other instances where I broke down in this fashion.

Netflix deserves every single person to actually pay for this cause Violet Evergarden may not be a masterpiece, it may not be the next cultural landmark but it is the kind of quality show we need more of IMHO.

And now excuse me while I go wash my face. Unlike all the times I joked about onion chopping ninjas this time I actually need to do it and am willing to publicly admit so.
Old 2018-03-18, 15:49   Link #424
DemonneoPT

Best episode of the show, by far imo. The outcome was somewhat predictable but i think the execution was just beautiful. Plus the amazing animation and VA quality just sealed the deal. Normally i don't watch this type of anime. Only started to see Violet because i was kinda mislead by the trailers and though it would be something totally different from what i got. But i'm enjoying it anyway.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 17:31   Link #425
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wonder how they'll dub that cute "pan" joke.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 06:02   Link #426
jwai

Holy crap, that was some hardcore dedication to a job during this week's episode, but then again, Violet isn't exactly ordinary...
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 06:45   Link #427
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 11 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 07:40   Link #428
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

holy shiet, Violet's still got it! She's really living up to the memory doll slogan. She also takes the term "touch typing" to the next level.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 09:03   Link #429
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know if I liked or hated how gritty the onslaught of the veterans of the anti-war faction was against to the young men-turned unlikely soldiers in a civil war. It was just a one-sided gundown. The story is also rather simple and, unlike the more optimistic ones, wasn't the bringer of good news, which brings a harsh contrast against the peace in Leidenschaftlich.

Poor Violet can't catch a break. I hope she'd have more moments where her past isn't eating into her sanity.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 10:11   Link #430
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Nice episode

But now the client is dead, who's gonna pay for Violet's 2 weeks of travel? Who's gonna pay for that plane? This company must be in the red lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 11:29   Link #431
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quite the coincidence the one guy Violet managed to save happened to be her client, but the rest was so well done I don't really care. I got teary eyed once again. This show really knows how to tug at my heartstrings.

I feel kinda bad though, because despite the gravity of the situation, every time we saw Maria, I couldn't help but think about how huge her boobs were. They acted like magnets for my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
But now the client is dead, who's gonna pay for Violet's 2 weeks of travel? Who's gonna pay for that plane? This company must be in the red lol~
Don't ask such realistic questions! But if I had to answer them, the family will. Either that or Violet will ask that to be taken off her salary because she feels guilty she couldn't save the guy.
Old 2018-03-22, 11:29   Link #432
EroKing

Hentai Tiger always asking the right questions
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 07:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 11:45   Link #433
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't ask such realistic questions! But if I had to answer them, the family will. Either that or Violet will ask that to be taken off her salary because she feels guilty she couldn't save the guy.
Lol~

Yeah, after that emotional scene of the family and THICC Maria thanked Violet, and Violet said sorry many times, the final sorry is :

"Sorry, but you must still pay for the service"

Of course the scene was cut because it would be SUPER AWKWARD
lolololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Hentai Tiger always asking the right questions
Damn right!
I mean, boi, this is not a charity!
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 23:39   Link #434
Blueknight78

ok, i really know which she don't want to kill anymore but, man that guys really asked for that, in her place i really could had killed all of them, because that means save a lot of lives, which they not gonna take anymore, they are almost like "terrorist" for me and diservers dye if they only problem is don't like peace" and want war, then give them that war and kill them all that scums!!!!:frus trated:

wow this serie is really getting strong i'm read for the incoming last 2 episodes(i know which this serie is supposed to have 14 episodes but i'm gettin the feelings which the 14 will be more like a "sort of ova" or something like that not really that much important to plot and more like your filler episode).
Old 2018-03-23, 03:28   Link #435
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I feel kinda bad though, because despite the gravity of the situation, every time we saw Maria, I couldn't help but think about how huge her boobs were. They acted like magnets for my eyes.
Gotta admit, seeing those huge tracts of land distracted me for a bit.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 05:11   Link #436
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Being Violet is suffering.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 21:56   Link #437
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Nice episode

Violet took the job alone without permission. It was personal.

I've been playing catch up and I've gotta say Violet is just an umbrella away from being Mary Poppins. She's so stiff.
Old 2018-03-23, 22:22   Link #438
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

disappointed they didn't show Violet walking out of the fog with a battle axe and then murdering everyone. more realistic, less awesome. they definitely left out some of the enemy soldiers' brutality, which would have sort of justified Violet slaughtering them. oh well.

but really, solid ep again. dedication to her cause, finally understanding the emotions of her clients. the growth she's had is great.

i honestly thought Aiden would softly say "you're so warm" when she held his hands, then pass. humanizing element and all that jazz.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 08:09   Link #439
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

i honestly thought Aiden would softly say "you're so warm" when she held his hands, then pass. humanizing element and all that jazz.
Her hands are made of metal. The only way they are getting warm if she warms them up near a fire.
Old 2018-03-24, 08:30   Link #440
PhoenixRising

This show is so good at making me cry again. It really plays up war-time tragedy well. The end part where the parents and his girlfriend thanked Violet for bringing Aiden's letter back just really got to me.

It stinks being thanked for being the bearer of bad news and I'm sure nobody wants to be in that position. So, I could understand Violet's pain so well. The guilt that was welling up inside of Violet as she cried and said "don't thank me," had me crying hard as well.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote