Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 20:02   Link #221
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
When she speaks, it rivets my attention. I think of it as art. But of course, I've become biased. I've got another piece about her (and Sugita Tomokazu) on my blog today.
That's pretty much how I feel when Yui speaks, in any series she's in. Definitely my favourite seiyuu, closely followed with Saito Chiwa and Hirano Aya. Manabi Straight is such a pleasure to listen to
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 23:07   Link #222
aorta

It's true

This would be fun to wear to a convention.
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 00:08   Link #223
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
I find her to be the nicest myself. She's not a typical angry tsundere character despite the cool and straight-faced exterior, and has a lot of cute points going for her already, even though I'm only two episodes in. I'm loving what Hirano Aya is doing with her voice too, I think I'd be a bit turned off if she was just another loud mouth Haruhi clone.

Overall, I'm quite happy with her and am looking forward to seeing more (along with Momo )

*Points to av*

My allegiance should be clear already
For me Aya Hirano is at her best when doing loud and hyper characters. Her Mei's pretty weak and inconsequential from the 2 episodes of seen to the point where if she weren't in the show I don't think it would change a thing. I still don't think she can pull off the quite character anymore because it flip flops between cold reads and slight breakthrough's or her regular hyper voice.

My favourite is whoever the girl is that smacked the crap out of Mei on her back while hooting and hollering, without realizing how overkill she was going. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a high school comedy.

Though if I do have to listen to one more song put in the show to sell a single I will drop this show on the spot.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-02 at 00:22.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:02   Link #224
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Just noticed that....
they blush alot, don't they?
Old 2007-02-02, 09:53   Link #225
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, I'm happy either way. I like what Hirano Aya is doing with Mei's voice, and I don't think she needs to always play an OTT hyper character just to prove that she's the best at playing an OTT hyper character. It may be what she's best at, fair enough, but I like to see seiyuu going for something different and trying to improve their own range of talents

Incidentally, after watching the first four PV's, I have to admit I'm leaning towards Skane on his view that this show isn't going to be cutesy and moe all the way through. I'm interested in how they're going to do it, and how many tears we're likely to see before the end. I'll probably be happy either way:

Way 1: Happy and moe throughout, and the sad and depressing moments from the PV's turn out to be not serious at all. This would work for me just as well.

Way 2: Happy and moe to start, dropping to sad and painful scenes as the series progresses. Possibly slightly less preferred, but I'd still be happy to see a more serious side to this series, as long as it's done right.

Looking forward to it
Old 2007-02-02, 17:46   Link #226
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Found it:

(I reduced the size to something more "viewable")

If you want the bigger version, visit Wakaranai.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 18:21   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I need to go do some art credit research... these character designs are soooo petopetosan-ish. Thumbs up for the cute of it
Old 2007-02-02, 19:13   Link #228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh yes mei chan for the win! but it seems that the writers want to push her forward as one of the fav girls anyway :3 well i guess ive fallen for their trap

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 10:12   Link #229
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Finally got around to watch eps. 2

Didn't like those dolls in the first eps. ending (claymation?), So I though it was nice to see a few more scenes during the ending credits this time around.

Then again, they'll likely return to the dolls ending for the rest of the episodes. >_<!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Thank you, you don't know how much I'm happy everytime I hear this words

And if you read the last pharagraph of this post, you'll understand why
It's official then, your idea does indeed work!.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-02-03 at 10:26.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 14:12   Link #230
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 5:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 15:28   Link #231
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, episode 5 was another winner, even without much Manabi at all. Nonaka Ai (Mikan) and Hirano Aya (Mei) were wonderful together. Their merest grunts were works of art. To think Ai was Iriya in Iriya no Sora, and now gives us this outstanding comic expression. And Aaya produced more variations on Mei's voice, still conveying that secret melancholy she does so well. The episode was funny and touching, as usual, with some marvellous humor in the animation.
Spoiler for ep5:
Contrary to hi no ken Jebus, however, I thought Aaya's English pronunciation was almost incomprehensible, lol. Despite having lived in the US for a couple of years -- when she was less than three.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-02-04 at 16:03.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 16:37   Link #232
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Sigh. Already we're into spoilered raw discussions. Guess it's time to leave this thread and enjoy the series by myself as usual.
Old 2007-02-04, 17:29   Link #233
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Spoiler for ep5:

This anime continues to show that there's no need for long deep discussions between characters to make them heartwarming and believable characters.

Spoiler for about first volume of manga:

Last edited by Anacone; 2007-02-04 at 19:01. Reason: As being asked
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 18:28   Link #234
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll lob a request that people completely tag comments on raw episodes in single thread discussions like this. Even just saying what a nice humorous episode is a kind of spoiler. I watch a few series raw but only because the subs aren't available so I wander a bit in both territories.
Old 2007-02-04, 19:04   Link #235
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll lob a request that people completely tag comments on raw episodes in single thread discussions like this. Even just saying what a nice humorous episode is a kind of spoiler. I watch a few series raw but only because the subs aren't available so I wander a bit in both territories.
Sorry if I've spoiled anything for anyone. I'd be glad to just put everything from raw eps in spoilers if that's what people want. My principle so far has been to imitate what appears to be one common practice and not spoiler what you'd see in a normal preview or a two-sentence movie review. I personally don't mind that much detail in shows where I don't watch the raws.

EDIT: And Radiosity, would that be enough for you, or do you just not like to see raws being discussed at all, even in spoilers?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-02-04 at 19:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 19:30   Link #236
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It isn't a clear line... for example I don't mind links to Random Curiosity for screen caps... or if the fansubs start lagging hugely behind the raws some slack is necessary.
But it does tend to kill the discussion potential for fans who need those subs to participate fully. As long as raw watchers are mindful (or until someone decides that the Unaired section can include episode discussions not yet subbed), its only occasionally a problem.
Old 2007-02-04, 20:20   Link #237
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Manabi Straight PS2 Game Trailer Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Animate.tv now hosts a trailer for the upcoming Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight: Kira Kira Happy Festa! game for the Playstation 2. The trailer is available in narrowband and broadband resolutions. The game is scheduled for Japanese release on March 29th.

Source: Moon Phase
Its a moe~ moe~ dating simulation :P
Old 2007-02-04, 23:03   Link #238
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Same character designs from the anime then, that's already a plus in my book.

When I read PS2 game, I though there were gonna pull a Mai-Hime and change the looks of all the characters.
Old 2007-02-05, 05:52   Link #239
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Since I share worries about raw discussions as well: I'm on the same line of thinking of Vexx: keep *everything* coming from raws in spoiler tags.

I'll be more precise: if you'll precisely follow hi no ken Jebus' structure of posting, as perfectly depicted in post #231, I (and others I think) will be fine with it.

If what you wrote was particularly deep and meaningful and you think it's a pity to keep it spoiler-hidden, you can always copy and paste it later, when the episodes are actually fansubbed. I'll be the first to gladly read, enjoy and comment it.
But until the episodes are not subbed, I'm for a no-no for every kind of anticipations (even "it was a nice episode" is a spoiler, to me), so please let them all out of sight for our humble fansub watchers' eyes.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-02-05 at 07:07.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:38   Link #240
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, I'll keep checking this thread for now (since I'm loving this series a lot already) and see how things go. I'll go with Vexx and Pelli for now: As long as it's completely spoilered it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
EDIT: And Radiosity, would that be enough for you, or do you just not like to see raws being discussed at all, even in spoilers?
Thanks fior your consideration, it's appreciated As for my personal opinion... it's mostly that I don't feel like I can contribute so much because anything I say has already been discussed previously in spoilers and is likely going to be 'old news'. I'll live with it though, as long as people remember to spoiler correctly

Tags
comedy, drama, school life, seinen, ufotable