AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-29, 15:48   Link #1081
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've heard some people suggest that Mu-12 is going to be like fighting Justice in Guilty Gear but so far it seems like pure speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Noel doesn't need fanservice, all she needs is her guns and a beret.
Yes, but the way it works in Japanese anime and games is that the less clothing the more powerful the character. For men it seems to be the more handsome they are. Here take this one Ero-RPG I was looking into last night for example and how it handled pallet swap power tiers:

As you can see a little less clothing translates to some HP gains while bloody lingerie translates into 100 extra levels in the minds of the designers. I'm sure the same idea is behind Super Noel too. Midriff bearing outfit and thong equals power up.

Sometimes it even works that way for men too. Take Altered Beast for the Sega Genesis. Starting power is a slightly muscular dude. POWER UP and he gets super buff...POWER UP again and then his shirt explodes off to demonstrate that he is now in fact even more POWERED UP!

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-03-29 at 19:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:11   Link #1082
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i want one.

also, apparently there's a cover out? the Murakumo sisters? i hope so.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-04-01 at 18:33.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:58   Link #1083
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1233561_1124.html

The cover for Continuum Shift is full of Saya!!
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 20:30   Link #1084
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

BlazBlue Episode II: Attack of the Clones?

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-04-01 at 20:46.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 20:55   Link #1085
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Eh, I bet the NA boxart is gonna end up being different. NA PS3 one got the Japanese Arcade OST art after all. (Not to mention the PSP and European boxarts are different too.)

Still it's good to see it looks like they're not planning on completely neglecting Nu. Her fans should be happy bout that.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:58   Link #1086
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

she's a secret character. with a correct sequence of button presses, you can select her from the character selection.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-02, 02:39   Link #1087
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

With all the continuum shift talk, did anyone notice the release the Calamity Trigger PSP? :O

I'm actually just getting into 2D fighters and the PSP version drew me in so much that I picked up the ps3 version as well.

Then I realized what a mistake that was because... there are no other blazblue or 2D fighting n00bs because few people if any still join the genre and certainly no one would be joining Blazblue at this point.

So... anyone interested in playing with a newbie like me? I'm trying to learn how to use Rachel with no real success .

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 03:02   Link #1088
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
So... anyone interested in playing with a newbie like me? I'm trying to learn how to use Rachel with no real success .
I lent my friend my BB:CS disc already .
Anyway, add DSveno, and when I get it back, maybe we can play.

However, I'm not good myself either .
Old 2010-04-02, 03:08   Link #1089
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
With all the continuum shift talk, did anyone notice the release the Calamity Trigger PSP? :O
Well I'd say CS is bigger news than a port of CT. Only thing it has that the console version doesn't is Legion mode, and even then that mode's gonna be in Continuum Shift so...

Only real advantage of it over the console version is that it's...well...portable. =p

Quote:
Then I realized what a mistake that was because... there are no other blazblue or 2D fighting n00bs because few people if any still join the genre and certainly no one would be joining Blazblue at this point.
Not really. In Europe BlazBlue is probably gonna start going through a boom incredibly soon. It's release there is in different countries and such over the course of the next few weeks. So there's no need to worry about people not playing/joining it lately.

Quote:
So... anyone interested in playing with a newbie like me? I'm trying to learn how to use Rachel with no real success.
The major reason I play BlazBlue is for it's story and universe so...I'm not all that great at the fighting aspect. ^^; But if you really don't mind you can add my PSN "SilverSyko".

And yeah I know how you feel. Rachel's one of my worse characters too. xD;
Old 2010-04-02, 03:23   Link #1090
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I actually picked up Calamity Trigger not Continuum Shift for PS3, because CS is not out where I live.

But sure, I'll add you guys, SilverSyko and Duo maxwell

Old 2010-04-02, 12:54   Link #1091
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

CS isin't out anywhere. Duo is a liar anywho, i would recommend not learning Rachel, because in CS she's completely different and much more horrible than she is in CT. the rebalance won't suddenly make her S tier again.

Old 2010-04-02, 13:12   Link #1092
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

You can add me as well if you want, PSN ID is RWB17. I was lv 38 or something at one point but don't let that fool you, I actually suck and haven't played against a human opponent in 7 months.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:17   Link #1093
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the rebalance won't suddenly make her S tier again.
Unless you're a tier whore that doesn't matter at all. As long as she's at least viable it's fine.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:33   Link #1094
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its ok to play Rachel in CT, grasp her basics, but don't need to go too in depth with her combos if you want to continue in CS.

You can learn everything that doesn't include 6b(the fork) and j2c(dropping down from the sky). Also try to get used to spamming Tiny Lobelia, know how to zone with it. Get used to the distances and how to move them around with wind.

You'll need to adjust her playing style no matter what when you go from CT to CS.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:38   Link #1095
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Also try to get used to spamming Tiny Lobelia, know how to zone with it. Get used to the distances and how to move them around with wind.
It's kind of funny to me that this is exactly what I did while trying to learn her in CT, at the expense of all her combos. Maybe I'll actually not suck with her in CS if this is an increased part of her game.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:47   Link #1096
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea, getting people off guard with Tiny Lobelia in CS is a very good tactic. And lightning bolts can be released faster as well, upon impact after a certain amount of frames after execution. If they get hit by a lightning bolt you can charge in for some combos.

Also, you'll always want to have all 3 poles on the ground, it always acts as a good deterrence and punishment. Especially useful since you can release lightning bolts in the sky in CS.

Her game in CS heavily relies on Tiny Lobelia and the lightning rods, its practically in every combo.

EDIT: Oh and her pumpkin's travelling distance is reduced, but you'll still need to get used to moving it with wind even when you're executing something. Say, if your attack missed and your opponent is about to punish you, you can use a nearby pumpkin to cancel him out.

Moving Lobelia in all directions is also good for canceling out opponents attacks.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:53   Link #1097
Nerroth
NePoi!

Is there any word on whether or not Continuum Shift will follow Calamity Trigger onto the PSP, in time?

Also, how is the PSP version?

(I've only heard about BlazBlue recently, and since I don't have a current-gen console the PSP is the only option for me. However, I'm not that big on fighting games - I mainly got Fate/Unlimited Codes because it was, well, Fate - so I'd be less interested in the fighting itself and more into what the story, characters and extras might be like...)
Old 2010-04-02, 16:52   Link #1098
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no word on CS coming to psp yet. luckily for you, the story in BB is rather great and very deep. it takes a long time to play through it and has multiple branches. i should consider getting an arcade stick.

Old 2010-04-02, 17:43   Link #1099
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
CS isin't out anywhere. Duo is a liar anywho, i would recommend not learning Rachel, because in CS she's completely different and much more horrible than she is in CT. the rebalance won't suddenly make her S tier again.
Why couldn't it? If they screwed up so bad that they made a character from S tier to garbage tier, maybe they'll screw up again and make her S tier again .

Old 2010-04-02, 21:51   Link #1100
Xion Valkyrie

Rachel should have stayed S tier, considering that's how she was canon-wise anyways.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360