Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-16, 07:36   Link #201
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Ahh... that. Then I guess you're right. Anyway... Hahaha... Sion end. Poor Ferris.

I haven't read much about Kuro, but I've always got the impression Ryner Reed had destructive tendencies, considering Ryner's usual line when he went Berserk. No, in fact, even the 2 times when Ryner entered the world of Ryner Reed (Denyuuden 10 and Dai Denyuuden 6), he displayed a desire to destroy, in my opinion.
Wait...wasn't the whole 'DESTROYAH' thing said by Alpha? Every time Ryner went 'berserk', it's really Alpha taking over him and abusing Ryner Reed's powers, isn't it? RR himself was sorta....taking a nap in Ryner's consciousness. He just woke up in daiyuuden vol6, and funnily enough, sounds as sleepy as Ryner usually is.

Ryner didn't meet RR in denyuuden 10, IIRC, only Alpha and his mother. And in daiyuden 6, RR seemed like a really nice guy to me, sympathizing with Ryner when he found out that his mother died.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:41   Link #202
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Wait...wasn't the whole 'DESTROYAH' thing said by Alpha? Every time Ryner went 'berserk', it's really Alpha taking over him and abusing Ryner Reed's powers, isn't it? RR himself was sorta....taking a nap in Ryner's consciousness. He just woke up in daiyuuden vol6, and funnily enough, sounds as sleepy as Ryner usually is.

Ryner didn't meet RR in denyuuden 10, IIRC, only Alpha and his mother. And in daiyuden 6, RR seemed like a really nice guy to me, sympathizing with Ryner when he found out that his mother died.
Yup... I've just re-read that part. I mixed up both scenes and ended up mistaking Ryner Reed for Alpha. But, it's as you said, the first being is Ryner Reed and other one was Alpha.

Either way, Ryner Reed introduced himself as Ryner Eris Reed. So, I think his personality was divided into two, I guess. Considering what you said about Eris Reed from Kuro, I guess that one is the part that went mad due to loneliness.

I wonder what Ryner Eris Reed is like, considering both sides of himself.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:13   Link #203
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Soooo... Has Ryner three persona inside his mind?

- Ryner Lute, former Feruna without memories.
- Alpha... whatever it is (a rule fragment, wasn't it? or it was a god? or a Hero?)
- Ryner Eris Reed, or whatever was his name, who appearently is really alike to Ryner Lute. He is the lonely demon, am I worng? Or one half of it, that is.

Hahaha... I feel a Xenogears vibe.

I have a few questions.

In the anime, Lucile said to Ryner that he doesn't hate him. Is that true? How is the rellation between Ryner and Lucile?

And how much knows Ryner Lute himself in DaiDenYuuDen about all this lonely demon / alpha / mad hero / goddes thing?

Last edited by Zaresh; 2010-11-16 at 16:21.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:21   Link #204
Used Can

He used to have them up to volume 6. At that point, he absorbed them all.

Lucile doesn't hate Ryner, he's just protective of Ferris.

Ryner gradually keeps on gaining more knowledge about all these beings throughout the sequel. I'd say, at this point, he knows most things.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:16   Link #205
Johnny
Working the bags...

So what was his mother sacrificed for if he absorbed them himself, or was that something completely different...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 14:04   Link #206
Manic
real men love pink

IIRC when he used the solver of all equations ability it requires the sacrifice of a loved one and she was the one.
Old 2010-11-16, 14:49   Link #207
azziz

alpha?what is this?is that an abrevation for alpha stigma or smtg esle?by the way will we ever learn why A.S. become mad and who cursed them(the godess?)if smne did?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 15:02   Link #208
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
So what was his mother sacrificed for if he absorbed them himself, or was that something completely different...?
I don't remember well to be honest. If I remember correctly, his mother served 2 purposes: 1. To form the contract with the Lonely Demon and 2. To keep Alpha in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
alpha?what is this?is that an abrevation for alpha stigma or smtg esle?by the way will we ever learn why A.S. become mad and who cursed them(the godess?)if smne did?
Alpha was sent by the Goddess to keep an eye on the Lonely Demon.

Alpha Stigma bearers tend to go berserk. That's a side-effect of that eye. However, Ryner's case is different, since due to the Lonely Demon, Ryner can be brought back from his berserk state. As it was mentioned in this thread, the one in control whenever Ryner went berserk was Alpha, using the powers of Ryner Reed (i.e. The Solver of all Equations).
Old 2010-11-16, 15:31   Link #209
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the info as I thought it had something to do with his AS well partly...
Old 2010-11-16, 19:54   Link #210
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
thank,it help a lot,anywaiy;so lucille'parent weren't such bastard by their fault,like the last king of roland?
That's what I inferred, at least. Riura or someone else mentioned that neither Lucile's father or mother is responsible for how twisted their family is, but their 'cursed blood' is.(all members of the Eris family share Eris' blood) Because of Eris, they'll all go mad one day and hunger for their relatives. Lucile, after devouring Eris, seemed to have inherited an unsatable desire for his sisters' blood, and barely kept himself in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
As mentioned in this thread, his mother served to keep Alpha in check. However, her duty ended when Alpha shat himself and high-tailed it out of Ryner's mind when Ryner Reed began to awaken. Then she just served as the sacrifice to fully awaken Ryner's powers, after which Ryner OHKO'd Alpha. Along with 1000000 soldiers.

The Goddesses specifically created two curses to destroy Ryner Eris Reed - Alpha for Ryner Reed and Omega for Eris Reed. Omega got devoured by Lucile, and Alpha got his own existence erased...you gotta wonder why the Goddesses even bothered. It's clear that they're no match for the demon even when separated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
@ larethian (or anyone with access to the novels)

Spoiler:
You can probably find all the images here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f/good?kw=%B4...AB%CB%B5&cid=3

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-16 at 20:07.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:10   Link #211
Manic
real men love pink

just wondering since alpha is dead now did that free all of the ppl with the alpha stigma or atleast make it so they wont go into a berserk killing frenzy?
Old 2010-11-16, 20:20   Link #212
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
just wondering since alpha is dead now did that free all of the ppl with the alpha stigma or atleast make it so they wont go into a berserk killing frenzy?
The whole Alpha thing only applies to Ryner, I think. All the other AS users simply go berserk because they were pale imitations of SoAE's power, and that fact won't change, with or without Alpha.

Edit: Okay, I remembered wrong. Alpha Stigmas are imitations of Alpha's power, but again, Ryner seems to be the only who actually carries Alpha within him, so...idk if him killing Alpha affects other AS users.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-19 at 02:25.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:29   Link #213
pampz21
ShipCore

hmmm...so the most troublesome and strongest was the lonely demon???
but among the spoiler stated while back was the LD can be killed by the Kami Kurai power of the legendary Hero???
and if the LH vs MH fought will the LH still win>?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 21:03   Link #214
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
You can probably find all the images here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f/good?kw=%B4...AB%CB%B5&cid=3
Thanks for the link. Been surfing in there for awhile and this one cracked me up...
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-16, 21:25   Link #215
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Thanks a lot for that info, too. It helps my curiosity while waiting for translations.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 21:40   Link #216
Manic
real men love pink

lmao is that ferris in the backround fuming? I dont know many character but i assume thats Pia grabbing ryner
Old 2010-11-17, 00:49   Link #217
larethian

all the sequel illustrations have been uploaded.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 02:30   Link #218
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Here are some illustrations present in the magazine serializations but missing from the novels:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=924853603

I'd warn you against not-Voice-crossdressing and Sion's man harem. (Some theorized that Ryner is only there because someone brainwashed him into thinking that Sion was a big fluffy pillow. I think this is a brilliant theory.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder what Ryner Eris Reed is like, considering both sides of himself.
You know the short story that came with BD vol1's Ryner Note? Apparently that thing's supposed to be split into 12 or so parts, and aside from the usual crack (Sion "Sleep with me." Ryner "Go kill yourself!")there are conversations between Ryner Eris Reed and Asruld, who are named "Ryner" and "Sion" in the story, respectively. There's also a third person, "Ferris", who Ryner Eris Reed killed, but we don't know who she corresponds to exactly.

Anyways, part of Ryner Eris Reed and Asruld's conversation is here, where Ryner admits to having killed "Ferris"

http://www.denyuden.jp/trial/no01.html

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-17 at 03:42.
Old 2010-11-17, 03:44   Link #219
larethian

nice. I like Kiefer's fashion check: searching for rival Ferris's weakness, and her conclusion :lol:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:50   Link #220
ShiroiRyu

Defade : you first link is for manga or LN too ?
I don't now LN give one chapter by month or like that too ...
But good pictures with full of Ferris X Luke.

Larethian : You spoke about the second link of Defade ? Like i don't understand what that say ... ^^'
(How he can kill Ferris ? Oo)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen