AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 18:11   Link #61
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I see. Actually, when I first read your post, I thought you implied you skipped Precia's back story, too. But now that I reread it, I guess it can be interpreted the other way too.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:11   Link #62
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well yeah, but that goes for A's too. Eight and above makes for an impressive rating, and if you consider how few rated below that; it was enjoyed a lot by the majority of its viewers. And only a select few rated below a 7.
A lot of Fate fans came in to skew the results, heh(I went through and noticed quit a few new accounts that voted a perfect 10, heh). With any ratings system, I usually find it prudent to ignore the very top and very bottom, then average the rest. There are plenty of people who who will it awesome or complete shit due to issues and biases. The ones more in the middle will get you a more well-rounded picture.

And by definition, everyone who didn't rate a 10, had some issue or complaint with the movie, otherwise, they would have given it a perfect score.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:15   Link #63
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably but that didn't mean they hadn't enjopyed the film. Imyself give the movie a 9 but i'm also on the crowd that exclaim "OMGIT'SSUPERAWESOME!" because i really enjoyed the film despite the few copmplaints that i still have about it.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:23   Link #64
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Oh Kaijo... Exactly how do you conclude those new posters were Fate fans? A more rational deduction would be that they're "new" fans, after watching the movie. It's really not fair to ignore all the 10's, when there are only three votes at the bottom half of the voting scale. Fate certainly made the movie more enjoyable for me, but it was not on a greater scale than how much more I enjoyed the series because of her.

Yes, but there is no anime which gets a perfect 10 from everyone. For instance, the first season was overwhelmed by complaints from various people, as was StrikerS. A's is the only series without so many mixed opinions.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:30   Link #65
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I found the first movie to be very impressive, and I'm glad to see they will be doing one of A's. I hope it turns out to be as good, if not better then the first Movie.
Old 2011-02-19, 01:46   Link #66
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The movie also drew in a few folks (that I've talked to) that were just not impressed with the series proper. But I could see how if one liked the tv series, they'd feel it's not necessary or needed.

I felt that way about the first Rebuild of Evangelion movie, for example. I felt it was good, but mostly more of the same.

Then the second one was much less of the same and was... umm disappointing.

Ah, expectations.... I'm gonna lol if Nanoha reinterprets itself better than Eva.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 02:01   Link #67
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, i really liked MOVIE 1st, it wasn't like S1 in terms of character developement but i think it to a pretty decent job for a movie and also the hard work and budget makes it to note on the incredibvle fight scenes. A's was mostly fighting so a movie based on a action season with the same(or higher) graphic quality and direction showed on MOVIE 1st? ....Duuude! SIGN ME UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Then the second one was much less of the same and was... umm disappointing.

I must be such an impresionable brat because i really enjoyed Rebuild 2.22, much better Shinji in my opinion xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-02-19, 02:54   Link #68
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Hah, well I'd rather not get into that here...

But yea, if we look at the Eva Rebuild movies, it did appeal to quite a few people that didn't like the show as well because it lacks certain elements that they might of disliked.

The Nanoha movie cut out a lot of what people like me consider "boring" plus cut out a lot of the umm... suggestive loli stuff (except that transformation scene, damn it) that can make it hard for quite a few people to watch.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-27, 05:26   Link #69
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Let's just hope it doesn't end up as an Unlimited Chain Fights like a certain feature-length anime that starred Kana Ueda.
Old 2011-02-27, 06:08   Link #70
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

If that happens, I am forgetting this franchise existed.

But fortunately, it won't.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-28, 02:11   Link #71
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I've already kinda forgotten everything after A's. I'm just wishing something would bring back the spark... But with the level set by Madoka lately, Nanoha's so far below the bar it ain't funny.
Old 2011-02-28, 02:49   Link #72
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Not sure those two titles are remotely similar. I mean,
Spoiler for this:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:08   Link #73
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
First movie sucked. Lots of scenes were cut (obviously), but the worst part for me were two things:

-the removal of every last vestige of magical-girl themes (including the redesign of the Devices)
-SUPER ANGSTY EMO NANOHA

Seriously, that was so Completely Missing the Point it wasn't even funny. Nanoha is special because she's one of the very few magical girls who Jumped at the Call, instead of whining about how she wants to be normal again.

I expect the second movie to suck even more, because A's was by far the best season of MGLN, and Chrono and Yuuno's large amount of screen time was very welcome. I will be filled with righteous indignation if Yuuno gets the StrikerS treatment in the A's movie.
Old 2011-03-02, 17:27   Link #74
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A's will be very troublesome to turn into a movie. Mostly because, from an editors perspective, the season is very well put together. S1 had a lot of scenes (entire episodes, even) that could be cut with little to no loss. A's... not so much. The plot will have to be condensed tremendously.

Possible? Yes, but hard. I'm very curious how it will turn out.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:36   Link #75
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Aw c'mon the MOVIE 1st wasn't that bad, considering that is a movie, scenes being cutted are to be expected. also EMOHA didn't show up so much in the movie, it was in the manga were Tsuzuki expanded more on that, yup the StrikerS treatement feel it in the more serious atmosphere which made me feel uneasy for a couple of minutes(save for Arisa and Yuuno, no one in the movie did any funny face save for the classic scene when Yuune reveal his true form to Nanoha, glad that they left that intact xD), but as a MOVIE they decided o focus primarly in the action and Fate's backstory, thus dropping a bit the funny or cheeful aspects of the story.

I'll think they can do a good A's MOVIE because A's is mostly action(much more than S1) and Nanoha's part of the story can be easily compressed, leaving space for more Wolkenriotter/Gil Graham developement.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-02, 17:40   Link #76
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'll think they can do a good A's MOVIE because A's is mostly action(much more than S1) and Nanoha's part of the story can be easily compressed, leaving space for more Wolkenriotter/Gil Graham development.
For a brief (yet hellish) moment I've read this as Wolkenritter/Graham shipping (that's what you get for reading so early in the morning when you're not a morning person). Now I'm gonna have to find the brain bleach...
Old 2011-03-02, 17:41   Link #77
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Nanoha's part of the story can be easily compressed, leaving space for more Wolkenriotter/Gil Graham developement.
And then you piss off the Fate fans because most of Nanoha's scenes are with her1. And then your movie flops because there is no fanbase (!)

Okay exageratting a bit but yeah there is that to consider.

1. IIRC anyway.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:43   Link #78
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nanoha didn't have much of a role in A's to begin with, A's was more Hayate's story then it was Nanoha's.

Perhaps they'll follow the pattern of the first movie and expand on Hayate more. Wouldn't mind that, lord knows the girl's earned a little chance at the spots again.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 18:15   Link #79
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Hayate and the Wolkies DESERVE to have this movie, it will be the reward for the signum crucis they're enduring in FORCE xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-02, 18:48   Link #80
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
-SUPER ANGSTY EMO NANOHA
lol, lets be honest here...Did you watch the movie at all? If I had to put fault to Nanoha's character in the movie, it would be that I thought she was too mature and understanding of the whole situation, even more so than in season 1. The movie manga is quite a bit different than the movie itself.